Has anyone else been assigned a new PCC?

taba

I have had a great PCC for the last several years. She has always responded quickly and accurstely via email and phone. Today I received an email from a new PCC. 

Has anyone else been reassigned to a different PCC?

A number of them have been laid off, sadly.

I’m afraid their has been no rhyme or reason as to who went and who stayed.  Finding a good PCC is as challenging as finding a good TA.  I hope this one works out for you.

Yes.  Our fabulous agent left the company after a few years.  He had our best interest at heart.   The next one not so much.  Probably would never have booked with a TA had he stayed.   

46 minutes ago, taba said:

I have had a great PCC for the last several years. She has always responded quickly and accurstely via email and phone. Today I received an email from a new PCC. 

Has anyone else been reassigned to a different PCC?

A few years ago I got assigned  a new PCC.  Total rookie.  I provided her training in many ways.  She left to be a stay at home mom.  Last cruise we booked (which we cancelled 😞 ) I used  a TA.

edited to add:  My "rookie" PCC did turn out to be okay, interested in working/helping, so it turned out okay.

Edited by VennDiagram

I'm one of the (apparently few) lucky ones.  My wonderful PCC....who's been taking great care of me for the past 10 years....is still there.  But I sincerely wish you all good luck with your new ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

A number of them have been laid off, sadly.

I’m afraid their has been no rhyme or reason as to who went and who stayed.  Finding a good PCC is as challenging as finding a good TA.  I hope this one works out for you.

Laid off or resigned  due to such low bookings and all the cancellations?

Little business and few bookings make for little income (sadly)to the PCC or TA.

OP,

Why not call or e-mail your regular PCC and ask what is going on with her and you having her continue  to work with you?

You likely will get  better info from her than asking  us.

If you choose to do that, please let us know what you learn.

Edited by sail7seas

8 hours ago, sail7seas said:

OP,

Why not call or e-mail your regular PCC and ask what is going on with her and you having her continue  to work with you?

You likely will get  better info from her than asking  us.

If you choose to do that, please let us know what you learn.

The first thing I did was to check on the on the status of my last PCC. She has left HAL.

The second thing I did was to start this thread.

The last thing was to greet my new PCC. I told her how great the last PCC was, and that I looked forward to working with her when I felt safe to travel again.

• Like 3

It boggles one's mind to hear of so many cruisers using HAL's PCCs to book their cruises and pay "list/brochure price" when you can easily get up to 12% off with many travel agents. That's a fair amount, particularly for grand/world voyages. Perhaps I'm missing something ??

Edited by Lido - Lanai
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Lido - Lanai said:

It boggles one's mind to hear of so many cruisers using HAL's PCCs to book their cruises and pay "list/brochure price" when you can easily get up to 12% off with many travel agents. That's a fair amount, particularly for grand/world voyages. Perhaps I'm missing something ??

If one is booking longer or exotic cruises I would agree with you. However, when booking a 7 - 10 day cruise particularly in an inside or outside cabin the difference is small. Many of the travel agencies I have used to get the discount have no interest in providing service, they only want the booking and then you are on your own. By the time you are booking the longer cruises, that is not a problem.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, Lido - Lanai said:

I agree, I am amazed so many are willing to pay 10-12% extra for the same cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HamOp said:

Try to look at the bright side, of those that are left working, will be "long term employees" who may have better knowledge.

Not necessarily true. My PCC was a long term employee (over 15 years HAL and Princess prior) and is no longer there so her knowledge is wasted.

2 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Is he still there?!  That's good to hear.  Sorry his hours will be cut, though.  But it's happened to me, too.

Yes, still there, his hours won't be cut until July. As he said, after that.....who knows.  

Very sorry to hear about your hours being cut, hope it won't last much longer. 🙂  

Mine is gone after 20 years with HAL.  The message on the voicemail said she had retired and to call another PCC.   I did and found out I had been reassigned to that PCC.  No email from HAL letting me know.

If  you do  not wish  to work with the 'new  ' PCC , ask for another.

This bit of HAL 'assigning'who you are to work with to  spend  your vacation dollars is ridiculous and unacceptable.(very nervy and presumptuous)

IMO

We choose for ourselves, IMO

We research, ask around and make our

sail.noordam@gmail.com

How do you know if you've got a PCC?

I mean, we had one when we first started cruising on HAL, but I've not heard from her for years.  And our last two cruises we booked through a TA.  Does that mean we no longer have one?

On 6/5/2020 at 6:45 PM, RuthC said:

Unless they are among those who have been let go, of course. 

And if they HAVE been let go, their email and phone number will be useless, so you can't phone and ask them if they've been let go, LOL, as has been suggested.

Never had a PCC. What exactly can they do besides making the booking?  I’ve always just called HAL and booked with whoever picked up, as I did with the cruise I just booked this week. The people I’ve dealt with have been very knowledgeable and helpful.  Now I get an email from a guy named Collin informing me he’s my new PCC.  Is it worth giving him a call even though I’ve already booked the cruise or just to check in with him?