Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

15 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

When will Celebrity realize that many of us are not on social media?  Not interested in the latest offer either.

See the other thread about how Celebrity doesn't want people like us anymore.  All the young-uns they're after are all over social media.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

When will Celebrity realize that many of us are not on social media?  Not interested in the latest offer either.

Social media usage is one of the most popular online activities. In 2020, over 3.6 billion people were using social media worldwide, a number projected to increase to almost 4.41 billion in 2025.   

They are looking at reaching the widest audience overall.  True many do not use it or very sparingly but with such an easy marketing limited cost for them tool to use, it will be ongoing moving forward it seems.  

36 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

They are looking at reaching the widest audience overall.  True many do not use it or very sparingly but with such an easy marketing limited cost for them tool to use, it will be ongoing moving forward it seems.  

Celebrity will only continue offering PUPs for social media advertising if Captain's Club members take them up on it.  I will not.

• Like 2

Yes, I always skip the ones that require this sort of thing.  I'd much prefer spending two days at sea 🙂

Tom

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

I have a problem with Celebrity asking us to post on social media for these Power Up Points. You are not alone. This is not the first time social media postings have factored into these points and I suspect it will not be the last. It’s inexpensive advertising for Celebrity. Too bad it forces many of us to choose.

This particular offering is not worth moving out of your comfort zone for 2 Captain’s Club points.

Randy

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

Celebrity will only continue offering PUPs for social media advertising if Captain's Club members take them up on it.  I will not.

I agree and can't be bothered with this one either, despite having social media accounts. Not for a lousy 2 points.

Still not sure why Celebrity goes to the trouble of making us think we are earning more “Power Up Points” when, in the end, those artificial points are divided by 10 and added to our Captain’s Club Points. Seems like a make work project to me.

How about changing the name of this program and getting rid of the Power Up Points reference? Fluffing up points and then having them deflated later upon conversion is just a case of smoke and mirrors. 

Oh well, the bright side of all of this is, someone went to the trouble to dream up this marketing scheme, and more importantly, someone approved it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Still not sure why Celebrity goes to the trouble of making us think we are earning more “Power Up Points” when, in the end, those artificial points are divided by 10 and added to our Captain’s Club Points. Seems like a make work project to me.

How about changing the name of this program and getting rid of the Power Up Points reference? Fluffing up points and then having them deflated later upon conversion is just a case of smoke and mirrors. 

Oh well, the bright side of all of this is, someone went to the trouble to dream up this marketing scheme, and more importantly, someone approved it.

Haven't they said from the start that 10 Power Up Points = 1 sea day?

Tom

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

See the other thread about how Celebrity doesn't want people like us anymore.  All the young-uns they're after are all over social media.

We have friends and relatives in their 80s and beyond  who are on social media regularly.  Not just reading but posting photos , following and messaging their favorite sports figure, tv personalities, grandchildren.  If being on social media makes us “young-uns” that’s fine.  

33 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have friends and relatives in their 80s and beyond  who are on social media regularly.  Not just reading but posting photos , following and messaging their favorite sports figure, tv personalities, grandchildren.  If being on social media makes us “young-uns” that’s fine.  

No, that's a logical fallacy.  The percentage of 80s and beyond on social media is much smaller than the percentage of millennials on social media.  That was my point.  Celebrity is going after millennials, and they know that the majority of them are on social media.  The fact that the majority of 80s and beyond are not doesn't bother Celebrity, because they aren't actively seeking that demographic's business.

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

No, that's a logical fallacy.  The percentage of 80s and beyond on social media is much smaller than the percentage of millennials on social media.  That was my point.  Celebrity is going after millennials, and they know that the majority of them are on social media.  The fact that the majority of 80s and beyond are not doesn't bother Celebrity, because they aren't actively seeking that demographic's business.

We agree  that there are far more millennials on social media.   But because they offer some PUP activities that require use of social media doesn’t imply to me that they don’t care about the older cruisers, there were also PUP activities that didn’t require use of social media.  Yes  they are going after the millennials, I would too if I were running a business and looking at where my customers would come from in the next 10-20 years.   As a older cruiser and stockholder  I don’t find their approach upsetting but it seems many do.    Without looking to the future they won’t survive 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Did anyone else get the little gift box at Christmas that gave you 2 points in the gift box?  I got It but it did not show up.

I think those points  will show in the monthly mid January update

My points from December have also posted:

wish list                               2 points

Apex webinar                      5 points

Say Goodbye to 2020        2 points

Yes, I think the last one was a little gift box.

• Like 1