Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

So great timing on my part:  just when the Captain's Club rep says she fixed my Power Up invitations, RCG sells Azamara and my only reason for wanting the extra points goes away!  No announced changes to the Azamara loyalty program yet, but hard to believe that future Power Ups will count even if current point totals carry over...

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So great timing on my part:  just when the Captain's Club rep says she fixed my Power Up invitations, RCG sells Azamara and my only reason for wanting the extra points goes away!  No announced changes to the Azamara loyalty program yet, but hard to believe that future Power Ups will count even if current point totals carry over...

Just heard about the Azamara sale & I too was wondering if current points carry forward.

5 hours ago, Von & John said:

Just heard about the Azamara sale & I too was wondering if current points carry forward.

This was posted on the Azamara board by Azamara Team, verified account:

Guests’ status with Azamara loyalty programs will not change; however, there will no longer be reciprocity with Celebrity Cruises’ Captains Club program. We can assure you that Azamara Circle members will continue to experience attractive and exclusive benefits and privileges under the new ownership structure.

- Azamara Team

My Azamara Le Club Voyage points include PUP points.  I don't foresee them removing those.  I suspect it will be a fork in the road where the Le Club Voyage journey continues from the current count.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I am thinking that RCG will do more soon to incorporate Silversea Cruises and its loyalty program with some shared benefits across RCCL and Celebrity.  In place of Azamara.

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I am thinking that RCG will do more soon to incorporate Silversea Cruises and its loyalty program with some shared benefits across RCCL and Celebrity.  In place of Azamara.

That would be great (for me), but unwise for RCG.  There are far too many Elites and above on Royal and X so it would dilute the Silversea cachet to give us all unearned status there.  Imagine the howls from the long-time Silversea loyalists!

• Like 1

Just received an email stating that email invite and registration for the next "virtual loyalty event" will start tomorrow at 3pm Eastern.

Dear EvoUSA,

We’re thrilled to share that our next virtual loyalty event hosted by President & CEO, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo will be announced tomorrow! You will receive an invitation via email at 3pm EST with all the details including where and when we’ll be virtually traveling and who will be joining us. And there will be Power Up Points involved too, of course. These events fill up quickly and space is limited so make sure to register right away to reserve your spot.

Sincerely,
Andrea Shey
Director of Loyalty, Celebrity Cruises

36 minutes ago, EvoUSA said:

Just received an email stating that email invite and registration for the next "virtual loyalty event" will start tomorrow at 3pm Eastern.

Dear EvoUSA,

We’re thrilled to share that our next virtual loyalty event hosted by President & CEO, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo will be announced tomorrow! You will receive an invitation via email at 3pm EST with all the details including where and when we’ll be virtually traveling and who will be joining us. And there will be Power Up Points involved too, of course. These events fill up quickly and space is limited so make sure to register right away to reserve your spot.

Sincerely,
Andrea Shey

I thought I was special when I got the invite to get an invite.

35 minutes ago, EvoUSA said:

How easy do you think it will be to get into their website to sign up?

From what I've seen over the years, email from =X= varies greatly with the speed with which it reaches recipients. I'm under no illusion that waiting with bated breath for the email to hit my inbox at 3PM will result in securing a place. Too bad that they continue to run these events in this manner, knowing that they are eliminating the majority of Captains Club members right off the bat.

12 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

How easy do you think it will be to get into their website to sign up?

Based on the past webinar sign-ups, it'll be easy if you're one of the first to get the email and immediately go and sign up. If you're not one of the first, then very difficult...I think all the spots for the last webinar filled in less than 15 minutes.

11 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

This was posted on the Azamara board by Azamara Team, verified account:

Guests’ status with Azamara loyalty programs will not change; however, there will no longer be reciprocity with Celebrity Cruises’ Captains Club program. We can assure you that Azamara Circle members will continue to experience attractive and exclusive benefits and privileges under the new ownership structure.

- Azamara Team

My Azamara Le Club Voyage points include PUP points.  I don't foresee them removing those.  I suspect it will be a fork in the road where the Le Club Voyage journey continues from the current count.

Thank you! I have yet to take my first Azamara cruise. I don't know if I ever will, but I'd like to have the points I've earned on Celebrity, if I do. I just created accounts for myself and PapaFej, using our Captains Club numbers from Celebrity. The new Azamara accounts show our points and past Celebrity cruises.

Anyone else in this situation might want to do the same, before it is no longer possible. 

I figure the advance email warning and the relative midday time slot (3:00 pm Eastern, Noon Pacific) was in response to the outcry they heard last time--when, without warning, they sprung the emails at about 6:00 am Pacific...and the thing largely filled up with East Coast people before anyone in the West got out of bed and read our emails...

For this one, they are telling us to be alert for the email...and doing it at an hour when most of us (at least in North America) are awake and functioning...It is a MAJOR step forward in awareness of their customer base.

And, yes, it will fill up fast...unless they've learned more and found a platform that allows for more participants...

• Like 1

I would suspect that if missed 'live', they will offer a recorded version to watch.  Would seem odd to lock people out due to a system limitation.  I think that is how we watched the Apex presentation.

You never know though. I think that management is pretty smart.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shipshape sam said:

I would suspect that if missed 'live', they will offer a recorded version to watch.  Would seem odd to lock people out due to a system limitation.  I think that is how we watched the Apex presentation.

Hubby and I both watched the Apex recorded version. Neither one of us got the points. 

Nonetheless, I hope that someone will post the link, so we can try again. Our multiple attempts to get on the PUP email list have all failed. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help by posting. 

Just spent 40 minutes on the phone to Captains Club asking for my points for the Apex webinair.  First I was told it was only for UK people.  Really?  I had Cruise Critic on the screen in front of me where people from all over the US had said they got their points.  Finally I was told they had to write an email to someone and maybe I will get my points in 2 weeks?  Why am I bothering?  You'd think it was 500 points I was asking for.  I can hardly wait to see LLP tomorrow....Oh, maybe I won't, when everyone else is clamouring to get in also.  What a farce.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Just spent 40 minutes on the phone to Captains Club asking for my points for the Apex webinair.  First I was told it was only for UK people.  Really?  I had Cruise Critic on the screen in front of me where people from all over the US had said they got their points.  Finally I was told they had to write an email to someone and maybe I will get my points in 2 weeks?  Why am I bothering?  You'd think it was 500 points I was asking for.  I can hardly wait to see LLP tomorrow....Oh, maybe I won't, when everyone else is clamouring to get in also.  What a farce.

I think I know where this confusion arose.

I am based in the U.K. and last year I read on this thread about the chance to gain 50 PUP by watching a recorded Apex webinar. I had not received this personally, but someone had posted a link that I used and I completed the activity hoping to receive 5 Captain's Club points in mid January. When I didn't get them I wrote to Captain's Club UK asking them to trace the points I felt I was entitled to. This was their response: 

• The Apex webinar in December was for our US Guests only as mentioned in your previous emails expressing your disappointment that this wasn't provided to our UK Guests.  Upon this feedback, from not only yourself but other Guests, the Apex webinar was provided to our UK database last week.  As such, the points from the December activity will not be credited to your account as this was not available to UK Guests at that time.  Once again, please accept my apologies for any continued disappointment my email may cause.

So on the 14th January this Activity was offered in the U.K. so that is probably what was confusing when you spoke with Captain's Club - they could see the U.K. only one. If only they would offer all their members the same opportunities they wouldn't have us all contacting them for explanations. 

I note from a previous post that another Activity was offered this week including posting on Social Media. This is another one I have not seen so maybe another only offered in U.S. or North America. They must think we don't talk to each other 🤔 

19 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That would be great (for me), but unwise for RCG.  There are far too many Elites and above on Royal and X so it would dilute the Silversea cachet to give us all unearned status there.  Imagine the howls from the long-time Silversea loyalists!

I spoke to a rep from Silversea last year after they were outright purchased by the RCG.  He said they had no intention of opening their loyalty program (Venetian Society) to us commoners on Royal, Celebrity or at that time Azamara.  I don't think that any program called Venetian Society would allow me to join their ranks anyway.  But maybe it could go one way and the other way.  Points earned on Silversea could be applied to Celebrity and Royal.  

https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/venetian-society.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

I was locked out of the original Apex presentation.  Watched the re-run.  Did not get the points.

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I was locked out of the original Apex presentation.  Watched the re-run.  Did not get the points.

My story also.  I am so sorry I did not capture the screen page that thanked me for watching and said I would be receiving the 5 points promised in a month.  i really wish Celebrity would train all their people properly and give them the same song page to sing from!  Then we wouldn't be able to say, when you don't get the answer you want, phone again....and again....and again!!  It's a disgrace.

20 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Hubby and I both watched the Apex recorded version. Neither one of us got the points. 

Nonetheless, I hope that someone will post the link, so we can try again. Our multiple attempts to get on the PUP email list have all failed. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help by posting. 

I would follow up as I did get the 5 points while watching the recording.  I did follow the link in the email and that may be your issue in that they have NO way to validate that you watched it depending on how you got to the video.  Otherwise it would be stupid of them to deny you 5 points. 

I hope you get a positive resolution

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, laslomas said:

I think I know where this confusion arose.

I am based in the U.K. and last year I read on this thread about the chance to gain 50 PUP by watching a recorded Apex webinar. I had not received this personally, but someone had posted a link that I used and I completed the activity hoping to receive 5 Captain's Club points in mid January. When I didn't get them I wrote to Captain's Club UK asking them to trace the points I felt I was entitled to. This was their response: 

• The Apex webinar in December was for our US Guests only as mentioned in your previous emails expressing your disappointment that this wasn't provided to our UK Guests.  Upon this feedback, from not only yourself but other Guests, the Apex webinar was provided to our UK database last week.  As such, the points from the December activity will not be credited to your account as this was not available to UK Guests at that time.  Once again, please accept my apologies for any continued disappointment my email may cause.

So on the 14th January this Activity was offered in the U.K. so that is probably what was confusing when you spoke with Captain's Club - they could see the U.K. only one. If only they would offer all their members the same opportunities they wouldn't have us all contacting them for explanations. 

I note from a previous post that another Activity was offered this week including posting on Social Media. This is another one I have not seen so maybe another only offered in U.S. or North America. They must think we don't talk to each other 🤔 

I am cutting and pasting my email invite for reference.  In reading it now, It looks like I got email on Dec 10th and DW and I watched it prior to deadline of  Dec 16th

######
Recently, we hosted a Captain’s Club webinar all about Celebrity APEX . Due to overwhelming demand, we were unable to accommodate all members that wanted to attend. So, we recorded the webinar for you to view now. Just click the video link below and enter your name, email address and Captain’s Club ID. Watch the presentation in its entirety by December 16th and you’ll receive 50 Power Up Points.* 

I look forward to seeing you onboard soon. 

Sincerely,

Andrea Shey

#######

* on the above email it noted that if you received the email, you had till December 16th to watch webinar video. The email was sent on Dec 10th.