Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Not complaining since the cruises have been halted have gotten 30 pts or so on my account.  Participated in most except the ones for booking something, not looking to book a cruise at this point, wish I could but not in this environment, but if we do cruise this year, I have 2 in November which I dont think will happen tho,  I would get to elite+ with what I have booked in November now.  One year sooner than I expected I would.  With US now requiring return negative Covid tests if visiting a foreign country, figure that will be in place for a min of 9-12 months.  The PUP are just like some pointed out keep people engaged overall.  Yes some people wont do some of them because of the social media aspect but they mix the different ways to get them thru out.  Surveys, webinars, bookings etc.  

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Well rats, I got the 2 points for the Wish List, but not the 5 points for watching the stupid webinar.  Last time I'll waste my time on those...

The Webinar points also failed to post for me, although I did get credit for the "wish list" and the Christmas package (4 total). I'll follow up to see if I can get those 5 CC points, since that would put me six points short of Elite...although, as discussed elsewhere, that doesn't make a lot of difference with the program benefits being revised.

8 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

The Webinar points also failed to post for me, although I did get credit for the "wish list" and the Christmas package (4 total). I'll follow up to see if I can get those 5 CC points, since that would put me six points short of Elite...although, as discussed elsewhere, that doesn't make a lot of difference with the program benefits being revised.

Same here. We registered for the follow-up "recorded" Apex presentation and didn't receive the 5 points either, but did received the other 4 pts.

I only got 4 also.  I wonder if those of us who watched the make up webinair did not get the points?  It did say we would get them but who knows?  I don't know whether I will waste my time asking about it as I will never make Zenith anyway and secondly, I think we are saying goodbye to Celebrity.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Why?

And don't forget that your Celebrity Captain's Club Tier is reciprocal with Azamara and Royal Caribbean.

Not just tier on Azamara – they share a single loyalty plan so all points go toward both lines.

On 1/13/2021 at 2:05 PM, bikerunner said:

Simple one, just used my dummy twitter account that only have used for these type of things.  Otherwise dont use twitter or any of the Social media platforms.  Okay i use FB just to get local restaurants menus, mostly the farm to table places.  Otherwise yeah this is kind of a pointless one but easy enough.   

can you share the link to the offer??  

2 hours ago, GerScot said:

Coincidence or what? Just received another e mail with invitation to watch the webinar again for 5 points?

Would you mind sharing the link? The link itself shouldn't be personal; if none of your personal data (name etc.) shows up when clicking the link, you should be able to share it safely.

2 hours ago, GerScot said:

Coincidence or what? Just received another e mail with invitation to watch the webinar again for 5 points?

Never had the invitation before, (UK) but it’s been sent tonight.

Celebrity probably realised how unfair it was, as many couldn’t sign up, due to capacity being exceeded.

On 1/14/2021 at 1:54 AM, EvoUSA said:

My questionnaire link is broken (goes to an error page) for the latest offer.

Latest PUP Offer (20 points):

A new year is upon us, and after a particularly tough 2020, many are entering 2021 with a restored sense of purpose and new goals for the future. Here at Celebrity, our #1 New Year’s Resolution is to return to service safely so we can open up the world again for our members. Tell us your top 2021 resolution by January 17, 2021 and earn 20 Power Up Points.*

Excuse me, who get the link for the social media activity that can be shared here? Thank you very much.

8 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Why?

And don't forget that your Celebrity Captain's Club Tier is reciprocal with Azamara and Royal Caribbean.

There are so many reasons, I don't know where to start.   I checked, tonight, the two cruises we have booked in 1A long ago, and lo and behold, they are classified as ocean view!!  Oh, I get it, this is Power Down Points!  18 points instead of 27 and 28 instead of 42. Way to go Celebrity.  This is a brilliant way to lose your loyal patrons.  I wonder if I could get oceanview prices?  Yes, I know about Azamara and can't wait to experience them.  And it's not just reciprocity they offer but you can earn points on their system and add them to your current total.  I'm sure they will get it right.  Celebrity needs to do something about their IT department, but maybe I don't care any more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Celebrity needs to do something about their IT department, but maybe I don't care any more.

I have just wasted 45 minutes watching a mediocre webinar. I watched on my iPad and the bottom half of the screen kept darkening, which spoilt the overall picture( I watched in landscape). My husband watched on his laptop and it was much clearer. However, we both found Lisa Lutoff-Perlo’s speech in distinct at times. Lisa introduced the Godmother as being famous for ‘Girls who Code.’ What on earth does that mean?

There were too many long pauses while video loaded, yet it was a very abrupt ending to the Webinar- had they run out of Zoom time?
Captain’s Club additional benefits were not explained in depth- does this mean that they haven’t been thought through yet?

13 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I have just wasted 45 minutes watching a mediocre webinar. I watched on my iPad and the bottom half of the screen kept darkening, which spoilt the overall picture( I watched in landscape). My husband watched on his laptop and it was much clearer. However, we both found Lisa Lutoff-Perlo’s speech in distinct at times. Lisa introduced the Godmother as being famous for ‘Girls who Code.’ What on earth does that mean?

There were too many long pauses while video loaded, yet it was a very abrupt ending to the Webinar- had they run out of Zoom time?
Captain’s Club additional benefits were not explained in depth- does this mean that they haven’t been thought through yet?

I agree with you,just watched it,,,it was 45min of my life I will never get back.

It was 45 min of three people patting themselves on the back.

• Like 1

I played in December when I cut and pasted it from this thread. Received the email yesterday and played it in the background with the sound off. Did the same for my wife.

Only a few more points away from Elite (if our September Reflection cruise goes ahead with double points). Hopefully will be Elite for a Far east trip next January. Let these PUP offers keep coming.

My main motivation for getting to Elite is to use Tuscan for breakfast. My wife prefers the Spa Cafe as she eats little early am and we usually travel Aqua just below it (handy for gym too). I like a big breakfast on holiday and feel a bit odd in Blu by myself, and the MDR is a bun fight by yourself (table cleared up if you go back to collect another plate).