CLIA puts hold on cruising from USA until September 15th

pumpkin 11

So do we expect another round of cancellations or was this already anticipated?  Was hoping X could catch up on refunds.

Got another sales call today...now on my cell phone!

(Seems WHO  never misses a shot at US..)

Edited by hcat

1 minute ago, Dwight1 said:

This is just the start. I’m beginning to believe Summer of 2021 maybe the realistic start. It could even go to 1/1/2022. The expected drop in the virus this summer is not materializing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LLP said 4th quarter. But who knows what things will be like then.

5 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

This is just the start. I’m beginning to believe Summer of 2021 maybe the realistic start. It could even go to 1/1/2022. The expected drop in the virus this summer is not materializing.

There may not be a cruise industry if cruising is suspended until 1/1/2022

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Figured since NCL already had done this was gonna happen.  Will be a lot re evaluation going on 

11 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

If this happens, will there even be any companies out there and in what shape.  

21 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

No one who actually knows any virology EXPECTED the virus to drop this summer.

Many people hoped it would decrease, and some summer factors have been positive, but only those who just hear what they want to hear EXPECTED the virus to go away.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

No one who actually knows any virology EXPECTED the virus to drop this summer.

Many people hoped it would decrease, and some summer factors have been positive, but only those who just hear what they want to hear EXPECTED the virus to go away.

It was decreasing until some states opened up too early and didn't do it rationally.  Illinois, for example, has been among those leading the charge (so to speak), in flattening the curve and getting businesses open again.  Florida, Texas, Arizona (to name some) ignored everything and opened up entirely, with (apparently) no plan. 

So while I was expecting my cruise to be cancelled, I'm still pissed that it's because of the stupidity of politicians and people who want to ignore their own health.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

I had a feeling this was coming, especially with the way Florida is getting out of control.

FLorida is NOT getting our of control.

The number of cases in Florida IS increasing BUT that in mainly due to increased testing.

The important numbers to watch are COVID hospital admissions and COVID ICU admissions both of which are staying constant (NOT INCREASING).

Unfortunate and uneducated comments like yours that are meant to scare people are not helpful.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ravbo said:

The number of cases in Florida IS increasing BUT that in mainly due to increased testing.

The important numbers to watch are COVID hospital admissions and COVID ICU admissions both of which are staying constant (NOT INCREASING).

Unfortunate and uneducated comments like yours that are meant to scare people are not helpful.

SC is the same. Yesterday we had out largest case load at almost a thousand. But deaths remain in the single digits daily. The national headlines from the media are very misleading.

Edited by pumpkin 11
  • Like 6

Texas opened every 2 weeks by 25%.  Not out of control.  Just more testing.  Hospitalizations are up but not dramatically in Dallas.  

I’m glad for this announcement.  I’m going to cancel 2 cruises in October before final. Although I’m a loyalist I’m not giving them anymore final payments to float them.  I may be brave and book for December.  By early September we will hopefully know more....or not.

This can’t go on forever or there won’t be a cruise industry.....we’re doing a land trip this fall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ravbo said:

Nonsense. While today's numbers mark the highest number of reported cases in a single day that the state has seen, according to to the Florida Department of Health, the percentage of positive tests has gone up dramatically, not just the number.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

It was decreasing until some states opened up too early and didn't do it rationally.  Illinois, for example, has been among those leading the charge (so to speak), in flattening the curve and getting businesses open again.  Florida, Texas, Arizona (to name some) ignored everything and opened up entirely, with (apparently) no plan. 

So while I was expecting my cruise to be cancelled, I'm still pissed that it's because of the stupidity of politicians and people who want to ignore their own health.

We keep forgetting that the original closure was to allow hospitals time to get better prepared, and they are much better prepared. We also know a lot more about how to treat and manage Covid patients. Yes hospitals can still get overwhelmed, especially in areas with large nursing home populations, but are in a much better place than in March.

Based on what we are seeing, the method of opening is much less important than the personal behavior of people after opening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

States like Florida increased antibody testing in May. Based on this quote from CDC, is this why states are reporting increased positive cases lately?

"A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, or possibly from infection with a related virus from the same family of viruses (called coronavirus), such as one that causes the common cold."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html