Have You Booked for 2021 ?

21 hours ago, Ashland said:

Have any of you felt comfortable to book flights for early 2021 (cruise) yet ?

I posted this question on cruise air but have gotten limited responses...

so thought I might get more here.

Thanks for your feedback.

We rearranged our cruises for next year, and the first one we will fly to the port is November 2021.  We have 3 before that leaving from the West Coast, so we can drive to the port.  I just wish RCCL would put a ship back on the West Coast, too.  

We were supposed to go this past June but changed to a slightly longer one for June 2021.  We have a credit with United for our cancelled trip so once the week for our return opens up will schedule that.  We did book our hotel for Barcelona we are flying in a day early we did not have to pay and can cancel up to a day in advance  We are still deciding if we want one more day in Barcelona after or if we want to spend a day or 2 in Madrid and then fly home.

3 hours ago, pcur said:

We rearranged our cruises for next year, and the first one we will fly to the port is November 2021.  We have 3 before that leaving from the West Coast, so we can drive to the port.  I just wish RCCL would put a ship back on the West Coast, too.  

I've wished this for a loooong time. I personally don't care for any of the lines that sail out of San Pedro or Long Beach...both I could drive to easily.

We have shuffled 3 cruises now.  TOday we switched our Nov. 30 cruise up to Jan 11th Jewel out of Galveston.  Everytime, we were allowed to forgo the deposit since they owe us $300 now.  Today we were asked to pay for the taxes/fees so as to "lock" in our cabin.  Our 7 day was down to under $1000 and when our FCCs are applied will cost approx. $400!  Woohoo!  They are getting better at this!  That is good news considering our original Sept. cruise was only a 4 day.  We parlayed it into 7 for just $200 difference.  I'm happy!  All in all, I will never purchase a Next Cruise Cert on board again...it was so much hassle.

Hopefully by January, we may have a vaccination.  Crossing fingers/toes.

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

I've wished this for a loooong time. I personally don't care for any of the lines that sail out of San Pedro or Long Beach...both I could drive to easily.

We have enjoyed our Princess Hawaii, Mexico, and Tahiti itineraries from San Pedro.  Also, HAL from San Diego.

We have 1 booked for Dec. 2020 4 booked for 2021 and 1 for 2022.  I'm not buying airfare now. I have a $1000 in Airline credits sitting waiting for me to use and almost an equivalent amount of credit card points sitting and waiting for me.  Right now, there just aren't as many flights on the schedule as was customary so picking flights that I like is much harder.  I'm just going to wait it out and see how things go.  If domestic and international travel becomes more wide spread supply will be ramped up and I suspect there will be deals to be had even as you get closer to your travel dates.

I am tempted to book January 30, 2021 on Symphony, particular sailing has a great JS price. I just don't know if I should pull the trigger - like everyone, I've already been disappointed a couple times this year with bookings. I definitely DON'T want my money tied up - are they still giving refunds?

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We now have 4 cruises booked. One, October 2020. Going to cancel. New bookings October and December 2021. One February 2020. 

We haven’t cruised since September 2017.  We did other things. Hope Royal doesn’t defund security. 

M8

That ship has sailed.  February 2022 perhaps?😇

Edited by molly361

6 hours ago, pcur said:

We have enjoyed our Princess Hawaii, Mexico, and Tahiti itineraries from San Pedro.  Also, HAL from San Diego.

We tried PCL to the Mexican Riviera...something just seemed off..maybe it was the familiarity factor.

Glad it worked out for you but we won't do PCL again.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:58 PM, Ashland said:

We're booked on Celebrity Reflection for July 2021...British Isles...got an amazing rate, 4 perk package, aft sky suite  ( just a bit more for my suite than RCI was offering for a JS at the time) and love the itinerary.

I of course considered Jewel (we leave on the 30th...you I believe on the 15th) as we've been on her many times...but just couldn't beat what X was offering at the time. Over 25+ with RCI and this will be my 2nd with X.

We had looked at the Celebrity cruises as well, and we needed an earlier date...our daughter will be heading off to college mid-August, so the later dates didn't work for us.

One day I am sure we will try Celebrity as well! We just came back to RCI after doing Disney cruises for awhile.

Hope both our cruises actually cruise!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 3:33 PM, zekekelso said:

Me? No. Not a chance I’m booking until I feel confident the cruise will take place. At the moment I’m not convinced that RCL will ever sail again. But I’m a pessimist that way. 

We aren't booking either. I think they'll sail again but I think there's a good possibility they'll file bankruptcy and because of that I'm not sure what would happen to prepaid cruises or deposits. I know they'd like to honor them but it may not be financially possible.  

On July 10, 2020 at 12:47 PM, GetToLivin said:

I am tempted to book January 30, 2021 on Symphony, particular sailing has a great JS price. I just don't know if I should pull the trigger - like everyone, I've already been disappointed a couple times this year with bookings. I definitely DON'T want my money tied up - are they still giving refunds?

Now that most are looking at dates in 2021 and beyond, I recently stumbled on a saling that was somewhat of a surprise to me. Symphony OTS, Southern Caribbean on August 21, 2021. Only one sailing and may be the first time an Oasis Class ships calls on Aruba and Curaçao. Furthermore, the pricing seemed great.

• Like 1

We had a music charter scheduled for February 2021 with lots of big name musicians from 1970’s on celebrity, cruise got postponed to 2022. I sure we will book something in 2021 normally cruise twice a year. 

Our March 2020 NZ (cancelled while onboard in Sydney) and April 2020 Transpacific cancelled. Rebooked for March and April 2021. Just decided to move them to fall 2021 Ovation cruises. Fingers crossed that the world will get a better control on the virus and that something new won’t pop up. 😂

After several cancellations, I still have 6 cruises booked. One for November and 2 for December 2020. Two for January and one for May 2021. I am an optimist and I think that 5 of them will sail. The one in trouble is the November one according to people on my roll call. I have 4 different credits with airlines and I plan to buy tickets for the 2020 cruises when the dates are closer.

We have also had many cruises and land trips cancel and are carrying credits on 4 airlines, uggg. We do have 2 more cruises booked this year, 4 in 2021, and 2 in 2022. Still optimistic that they will all sail, however have not purchased airfare until closer to sailing. Except for our Sept cruise which has not yet cancelled. 

I'm sitting on my hands, thankful that moving expenses so far have kept me from putting a down payment on the Halloween 2021 Allure cruise out of PC. I'd like to think we'll be well out of the danger zone by then, but there's no telling.

plus we're trying to convince my best friend to come with us and that may take a bit more time yet.

I lifted and shifted A B2B October 2020 mariner to October 2021. Now I learned that there is a Full charter that conflicts with the first leg of the back to back. 

Waiting  to hear from Royal Caribbean to tell me of the charter and  my options

On 7/9/2020 at 8:20 AM, erinsmom03 said:

I think we're on the same British Isles cruise next July on Jewel? I had a reminder set in my phone that went off two days ago to make sure I was looking at air fare, expecting to get it in August.  I must have set the remind months ago!  At this point, I am less than 50% confident that we will be going on that cruise, so as of now I'm not booking air.  I think I will be watching what happens over the next 5 months, and when the itineraries come out for summer Europe cruises for 2022, I might just try switching the cruise to July 2022.  

We’re in the “same boat”  - except we’re booked  on the May 2021Jewel British Isles cruise! I’ll also be watching for a summer 2022 British Isles cruise to move it to. 

The May Jewel British Isles cruise was the only one intentionally booked for 2021. However, our 3 fall 2020 cruises were moved to fall 2021. Four cruises in one year are plenty for me...plus  road trips, and sometimes land tours. 

• Like 1