Diamond Club Theory when we return

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Curious. We always get the drink package. Could we give away our 3x2 (6) drinks we are not using to others?

Thanks

That you’d have to take up with RCI. I’m not the drink package or the 3 voucher police, so what someone else does I really don’t care.

8 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Believee it or not, in today's day and age that is a long time. Congratulations, Stay Safe!

I’ve had good role models, my parents have been married for 72. Kind of unimaginable. You stay safe also

Edited by ATC cruiser
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

o.k., I have come to the conclusion that if they close the DL, a fair solution would be seven free drinks to be used throughout the day.  I'm tired of everyone wanting to take things away.  Why, I don't know, unless it's jealousy from those who are not D or D+.  In any case, a glass of wine at lunch, one in the afternoon and two with dinner along with three cocktails over 24 hours would be fine.

Time to ask for more, not less!

I think they should reduce the cruise prices by 50% and offer Diamonds a FREE drink package, free Internet, and free ultimate dining package!   What do you think?  Is that enough?    

The idea of the lounge was to provide a happy hour for repeat customers, not to give someone the ability to drink for free all day.  

By the way, the lounges are rarely  busy during non-happy hour times. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Curious. We always get the drink package. Could we give away our 3x2 (6) drinks we are not using to others?

Thanks

Yes. 

I emailed CAS and asked if drink coupons can be used to give HH drinks to non-Diamond.  They stated absolutely.  That doesn't include taking a drink from the DL and giving it away, drink coupons only.

Where it gets complicated is when a bartender knows you have the drink package and you try to give a HH drink.  This seems to confuse some bartenders so you have to be very clear about your intentions and requesting a HH covered drink vs. DX covered drink.  

I've learned to ask first...  "I have the DX but I also have 3 HH D coupons.  Can I give a HH bottle of water to my friend? Yes?  Okay, how about a HH Amstel Light?".  Otherwise they get confused and assume you are trying to share the DX.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I think they should reduce the cruise prices by 50% and offer Diamonds a FREE drink package, free Internet, and free ultimate dining package!   What do you think?  Is that enough?    

Now that's the spirit!

Enough of the whining and instead let's focus on what RCCL needs to do for us to bring us back to cruising.  That means not reducing benefits, but adding to them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Now that's the spirit!

Enough of the whining and instead let's focus on what RCCL needs to do for us to bring us back to cruising.  That means not reducing benefits, but adding to them!

Hey-perhaps they will pay me to cruise!

For the record, I think the current benefits are more than generous.  

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

they should reduce the cruise prices by 50% and offer Diamonds a FREE drink package, free Internet, and free ultimate dining package!  

🥳  I like the way you think. RCL is going to need to do something to lure people back. That’s a mighty fine start. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, zekekelso said:

🥳  I like the way you think. RCL is going to need to do something to lure people back. That’s a mighty fine start. 

They better be pretty inventive in order to get people to risk their lives flying on planes, walking through airports, and then spending a week with strangers from who knows where on a ship spewing their germs all over the place.😮😉😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, yogimax said:

The people worried about the virus or the restricted experience or being stuck on a prison ship won't go regardless.  The desperate addicts will grab their masks and run onto the ships no matter what.  Extra benefits wouldn't really change demand for the next many months.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They better be pretty inventive in order to get people to risk their lives flying on planes, walking through airports, and then spending a week with strangers from who knows where on a ship spewing their germs all over the place.😮😉😁

Free cruises for Canadians!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

Now that's the spirit!

I agree.

As a customer I will happily accept any benefits the cruise companies offer to keep me loyal.

I guess the only people who want to see customers getting less are shareholders and the bean counters.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

As a customer I will happily accept any benefits the cruise companies offer to keep me loyal.

I guess the only people who want to see customers getting less are shareholders and the bean counters.

Not necessarily true, I’m a shareholder & D+ and will happily accept benefits to keep me loyal but don’t want them to slowly decrease. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

Now that's the spirit!

Seriously, what would you suggest to add? 

Stay Safe!

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Seriously, what would you suggest to add? 

Stay Safe!

First stop the cuts and stop lying by saying they are "enhancing our experience" when giving us a cup of coffee  in return for eliminating the CL experience.  Be honest!

Simply put... stop the cuts and slow the erosion to the program.  If changes are necessary, grandfather in existing members and then make changes.

I would also grant limited admission to Coastal Kitchen for higher level D+.   

This will make some angry, but they need to remember that the easy way to Pinnacle is first and foremost living in Florida.  RCCL should reward, in some way, those of us who don't have that advantage, have to spend extra on travel, but are still loyal to Royal.

I'll stop here.

Oxo, Please stay safe as well!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, yogimax said:

...This will make some angry, but they need to remember that the easy way to Pinnacle is first and foremost living in Florida.  RCCL should reward, in some way, those of us who don't have that advantage, have to spend extra on travel, but are still loyal to Royal.

I'll stop here.

Oxo, Please stay safe as well!

I hear you but don't forget you have Cape Liberty, NJ, Boston and Baltimore within driving distance and less driving time that most Northern Floridians have to drive to get down to the ports South of them.  How about the people who live in the Mid-West and not close to any airport? Should those people be rewarded more?  Where do you draw the line? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1