The Daily for Saturday Jul 18, 2020

richwmn

Kazu, your garden and flower pics are beautiful!

here are a few from my gardens, although we are currently downsizing the landscaping/gardens

I am partial to the lavender in pic #3

Carol

A62DA264-5F43-4793-A849-B2ED92117DF6.thumb.jpeg.8e776a9db7ea20b8527bdd9ccca9cd9e.jpeg88368E1C-8A6E-4536-9B62-2FD29C395AEE.thumb.jpeg.1e40a1f67133526089adb044a7324efd.jpegF9C822C0-9BD3-42BE-8744-1FFE1652B0B8.thumb.jpeg.a0391e7b9a648ab8966d9ce9c75de0e9.jpeg

Edited by CJcruzer
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the report, Rich.  Love the quote and National Listening Day, but I'm not into sour candy.  I think it's too hot for the stove today so dinner (probably ham) will all be by microwave.

The Maasdam and Veendam have cleared the Suez canal and will likely spend the remainder of their HAL days in the Med.  I wonder where Blue Seas Cruises will have it's headquarters.  The Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) is passing Hong Kong on the way to Ningbo, China.

Ger_77, enjoy your family time

Today's Care List:

Strengthening for Allen

Continuing recovery for Sharon's son and sister-in-law

Justice Ginsburg

Constituents of Congressman Lewis.  I lost my own Congressman last year and it was stressful.

Roy

Could you kindly add Yonnie (KK) to the care list?

As you all know I have been “talking” to her and she has given me permission to update you -  She has been in and out of hospital since early June.  She was in for for a number of days in July and just got out on July 12th.  She has had numerous tests and some fluid removed from her lung and heart but fluid still remains.

While she has improved somewhat, she still has her struggles with her health.  She’ll need oxygen to help with breathing and is quite nauseous and sadly has been diagnosed with Lymphedema.   

I let her know that there were people here who cared.

Praying that she has quick return to good health 🙏🏻❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, CJcruzer said:

Kazu, your garden and flower pics are beautiful!

here are a few from my gardens, although we are currently downsizing the landscaping/gardens

I am partial to the lavender in pic #3

Carol

A62DA264-5F43-4793-A849-B2ED92117DF6.thumb.jpeg.8e776a9db7ea20b8527bdd9ccca9cd9e.jpeg88368E1C-8A6E-4536-9B62-2FD29C395AEE.thumb.jpeg.1e40a1f67133526089adb044a7324efd.jpegF9C822C0-9BD3-42BE-8744-1FFE1652B0B8.thumb.jpeg.a0391e7b9a648ab8966d9ce9c75de0e9.jpeg

Lovely!  I love lavender 🙂 

• Like 2

Thanks Rich for all you do to keep us informed. I will keep KK in my prayers. I heard tell of a rose garden up the road 30 miles or so. It’s from an old home turned state park. I will get more information and see if it’s even open in these weird times. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kazu said:

As you all know I have been “talking” to her and she has given me permission to update you -  She has been in and out of hospital since early June.  She was in for for a number of days in July and just got out on July 12th.  She has had numerous tests and some fluid removed from her lung and heart but fluid still remains.

While she has improved somewhat, she still has her struggles with her health.  She’ll need oxygen to help with breathing and is quite nauseous and sadly has been diagnosed with Lymphedema.   

Jacqui, thank you so much for sharing this. Please assure Yonnie that she is in my and a bunch of other folks’ prayers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

@kazu  Thank you for the update on  Krazy Kruizers.

Please let her know that we are keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

Jacqui, thank you so much for sharing this. Please assure Yonnie that she is in my and a bunch of other folks’ prayers.

I did let her know that people cared but I will e her back and assure her of all the kind thoughts and prayers.

I know she will be very appreciative ❤️ 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

did let her know that people cared but I will e her back and assure her of all the kind thoughts and prayers.

I know she will be very appreciative ❤️ 

Jacqui,

Just got on the board now and am so happy we have received information about our dear KK from you! Thank you so much. I was very concerned about her since I noticed she hadn’t been on CC.

My heart goes out to her and my prayers are many so many during the day!

Please  let her know. I pray she is comfortable and Will ride through this storm! God Bless Her!!

Sincerely

Denise

• Like 6

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich, for the daily news.

So sorry about KK, I'll say a prayer for her.  

I have a sunset picture from Newfoundland, especially for Roy, who I know is addicted to "Come From Away"!

IMG_3787.thumb.jpeg.f5dd55eff09d508dfef50b26ed73a379.jpeg

• Like 8

Just wanted to say thank you Rich for creating this lovely kind and caring place!  Love all the lovely different gardens!   

I have a mother hen and chicks blooming, which it never has!  

We've had some crazy storms.   Some clouds from last evening. 

2927B8AB-10F3-4F58-AA74-75019C70CB4C.jpeg

88569ED4-4172-449F-9B18-D39E6440D6CF.jpeg

9A7FDDF2-97F6-4FE1-B0F7-1B5A1DDC2773.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thank you for keeping us updated.  Please pass on my best wishes to KK.  I think of her as a "neighbor" since she is in Pittsburgh area and I'm in northeastern Ohio.   

• Like 4

I have enjoyed these daily ship threads. And the lovely gardens being showcased. So great in this crazy time. Today I am inspired to post my newest flower, in the iris family I believe. Croscosmia I think. Maybe the red flowers will attract hummingbirds. Stay well everyone.

IMG_0614.JPGIMG_0613.JPGbee heaven!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, superoma said:

I have enjoyed these daily ship threads. And the lovely gardens being showcased. So great in this crazy time. Today I am inspired to post my newest flower, in the iris family I believe. Croscosmia I think. Maybe the red flowers will attract hummingbirds. Stay well everyone.

IMG_0614.JPGIMG_0613.JPGbee heaven!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is indeed a crocosmia and a beautiful one.  

I lost mine a year ago with the ice storms 😞 

I planted new bulbs but sadly, I was late thanks to the stupid foot.  Not sure if they will come or not but I hope so.

Very pretty 🙂 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I have a sunset picture from Newfoundland, especially for Roy, who I know is addicted to "Come From Away"!

Lovely shot, Ann 😄 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.  I have not actually been to Newfoundland since 2000.  I was supposed to be there twice this year, first on the Crystal Serenity (Barcelona to Quebec) and again on the Zuiderdam (Quebec to Boston) so I am really feeling deprived.

Roy

• Like 3

Over the years I have been reading many topics on the threads and have learned a lot from experienced posters and KrazyKruisers is one of them.  Please send my thanks, good wishes and prayers for her recovery with the others.  

And, with this thread, I have learned where new places are when the ships have been moving around, new wines and great suggestions for meals (pork tenderloin is one of our favorites and will be on the menu tomorrow when our daughter comes over), names of new plants and beautiful pictures.   And, I have gotten to "know" more posters.  Thanks, Rich.

• Like 7

@Seasick Sailor

Joy, you might also check out Pink Mulhy Grass for your place.  Doesn’t look spectacular until the blossoms open. A deep, dusky rose pink. And they are so graceful when blowing in the breeze. Even when the blossoms lose their color, they add interest. 

Had a bunch in Maryland, and was so excited when I saw a yard near me in Florida full of them! So now I have a bunch. They usually blossom here in the Fall.

522B63C3-E09B-445D-86DE-2CB3B10B78A2.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 8

Good evening. We've spent a lovely few hours with our son, his wife, and the 2 year old grandson. It continues to be hot and humid, and the pool was refreshingly gorgeous.

I have some sour candy on the dresser, and I'll be sure to grab a piece later tonight. Listening ears are not in a 2 year old's vocabulary. I'm enjoying watching his mom and dad run around in circles (he's also in the "Benjamin wants to be naked, Mommy" stage 🤣)

The dinner suggestion sounds lovely. I'm not hungry, so have decided not to cook today, but I'd love to make this tomorrow!

So many beautiful pictures! I am envious of all of your gardens! Keeping all those in need in my prayers! Blessings to everyone!

• Like 4