Will Florida cruises start back up in October?

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Different perspectives are certainly interesting.  I live in Fl, and am scheduled to attend my niece's wedding in Cincinnati in August.  I wish I could be in the 'I would not plan to visit the state of Ohio in August' group.

Well at least you can go. I'm sure there are many  across 31 States that would love to  attend an occasion in NY but would be required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.  As far as Florida goes, I can't believe people are paying all of that money for a watered down Disney experience.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Well at least you can go. I'm sure there are many  across 31 States that would love to  attend an occasion in NY but would be required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.  As far as Florida goes, I can't believe people are paying all of that money for a watered down Disney experience.

that was me as you know  SAD

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

that was me as you know  SAD

I know. I was thinking about you as I was typing.  I live a mile away from my mom but I'm afraid to visit because I'm back in the retail working world. I haven't seen her since June. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Actually Disney is MUCH more enjoyable right now because of the lack of crowds.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

If you were in a GS for the Med cruises, how did you get a cash refund for cancelling them on your own?  :classic_wink:

Yes, thanks for pointing that out.  I meant RCI cancelled cruises...going forward from the FIRST cancelled cruise from June.   There have been 12 total...some I did...some RCI did.   

And yes..I have several that I have cancelled on my own that will be simply DEPOSIT amounts in FCC.  Not the ones that were full amount of the fare I paid at final before cancellation by RCI later.  I was talking about those larger amounts of full fare paid at final that I requested for refunds.  

Still waiting on August 2nd leg Radiance Alaska fare refund in cash that I paid in full at final, then cancelled by RCI.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dplusd said:

Personally at this point in time, I would not plan to visit the state of Florida in October and certainly would not plan to cruise.  I know things can change, but for now, it does not look promising.

Oh no...you mean I only have until October to live now???!!  😮😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh no...you mean I only have until October to live now???!!  😮😉 

Thanks for the clarification...I thought I had missed something. And you're leaving for Alaska shortly. Have a wonderful, awesome trip! :classic_biggrin:

13 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Different perspectives are certainly interesting.  I live in Fl, and am scheduled to attend my niece's wedding in Cincinnati in August.  I wish I could be in the 'I would not plan to visit the state of Ohio in August' group.

In case you weren’t already aware, Ohio has issued a travel advisory and FL is on the list of states where a 14-day self-quarantine has been requested (not required... yet). 

• Like 1

Watching Say Yes to the Dress tonight. For those not familiar,  it's based on a bridal gallery in NYC. Due to Covid and social distancing they are filming remotely. Guess where the NYC based star is hunkered down for filming?

West Palm Beach with mama🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by CSHS1979

20 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Watching Say Yes to the Dress tonight. For those not familiar,  it's based on a bridal gallery in NYC. Due to Covid and social distancing they are filming remotely. Guess where the NYC based star is hunkered down for filming?

I wonder how many brides will still fit in the dress by the time their lift and shift wedding rolls around. My son was planning on getting married in 2021. They couldn't book anything until 2022 because of all of the canceled  2020 weddings that were moved to the following year.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2020 at 4:59 PM, Iamcruzin said:

While everyone is wondering about a Cruises and a vaccine by October, I want to know if we will see Lysol and Clorox disinfectant wipes by October.  Half of the CC community won't sail unless they are able to wipe down the walls, closets drawers, and remotes.

I have no problem finding Hand Sanitizers (Some of our craft breweries here are even making them) or sprays or bottles of Alcohol (the medical kind) but Lysol wipes are like unicorns.  So I've resorted to making my own out of Baby Wipes and Alcohol.  1 cup of 70% alcohol to one package of Baby wipes.  I actually prefer them over lysol wipes in that they don't have a strong smell to them and because baby wipes have moisturizers, my hands don't get too dry.

• Like 1

Don’t leave us hanging - did she say yes or no to the dress?
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, fisherguy said:

I have no problem finding Hand Sanitizers (Some of our craft breweries here are even making them) or sprays or bottles of Alcohol (the medical kind) but Lysol wipes are like unicorns.  So I've resorted to making my own out of Baby Wipes and Alcohol.  1 cup of 70% alcohol to one package of Baby wipes.  I actually prefer them over lysol wipes in that they don't have a strong smell to them and because baby wipes have moisturizers, my hands don't get too dry.

Lysol wipes and other wipes seem to be available at our Costco if you get there when they open.  They usually have 1 pallet available.  For us bathroom cleaner seems impossible to find.  Any spray product that says it kills 99% of viruses jumps off the shelves.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 6:06 AM, bucfan2 said:

Cincinnati here - you'll be happy to know our great city is masking up and taking it serious!

I've had 11 employee's do family tips to Florida this summer.  4 / 11 got it - the ones who got it were young and into the bar scene.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

Cincinnati here - you'll be happy to know our great city is masking up and taking it serious!

I've had 11 employee's do family tips to Florida this summer.  4 / 11 got it - the ones who got it were young and into the bar scene.  

Maybe they should have gone somewhere else

• Like 4