Thinking of booking a european cruise from Italy in late october....

3 minutes ago, mashisback said:

Am i wasting my time or do you think there is a good chance of it going ahead??

In addition to time, you are tying up money needlessly - don't book anything until well after RCI starts sailing again.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 11

No chance as Rhapsody is not even in Europe. Very very slight chance that Jewel or Allure or Anthem might offer any kind of adjusted short sailings this year in Europe because they are already here waiting.

I'd say you were wasting your time but who knows for certain. I don't think any cruises will sail this year and even if they do I wouldn't book until we know what they will look like ie. will there be shows, will we have to wear masks, what will the dining arrangements be ...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

No chance as Rhapsody is not even in Europe. Very very slight chance that Jewel or Allure or Anthem might offer any kind of adjusted short sailings this year in Europe because they are already here waiting.

And Explorer, Empress and Majesty too! 

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

no cruising in 2020 that is for sure on a RCCL ship

RCCL includes all the associated brands  - Mein Schiff 2 (Tui) already sailed last week, an RCCL (RCG) associated ship. RCI may not sail in October, though RCI still has Spectrum and Quantum sailings listed for next month (Genting started cruising in Asia yesterday).

Edited by Biker19

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCCL includes all the associated brands  - Mein Schiff 2 (Tui) already sailed last week, an RCCL (RCG) associated ship. RCI may not sail in October, though RCI still has Spectrum and Quantum sailings listed for next month (Genting started cruising in Asia yesterday).

Just to confirm that you are giving me a little bit of hope?

I just felt that European cruises were a possibility as the majority of countries have a reasonable hold on the virus and most things are open with new guidelines 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mashisback said:

Just to confirm that you are giving me a little bit of hope?

I just felt that European cruises were a possibility as the majority of countries have a reasonable hold on the virus and most things are open with new guidelines 

The first Costa ship to hit the high seas once again will be Costa Deliziosa, which will sail from Venice on Aug. 15, on a 7-days Eastern Mediterranean voyage with stops in Catania, Siracusa, Valletta and Bari (so only Italian and Maltese ports)  with only with Italian guests at 50% - 60% capacity

MSC are also meant to resume around this time too.

TUI started with a cruise to no where last week, so we are all eagerly waiting to see how that went! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

I think maybe Jimbo meant that as Americans are by far the majority of cruisers the cruise lines may not restart European cruises until the travel ban for Europe is lifted. 
Agree with him, no mainstream cruising in 2020. 

• Like 2

Additionally given the FCOs advice against cruising here in the UK there's no way to get travel insurance. So until that's lifted you'd be extremely brave (/ foolhardy) to book anything for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Recently cancelled all three legs of my Med/TA cruise out of Barcelona on Allure for Oct//Nov.  

IMHO...no chance at all of a main stream cruise in October of this year will happen out of Italy (or anywhere else). But since the OP is from the UK...might have chance to get into Italy...but the ship probably won't be allowed to dock there.  

In reply  to the OP, my issue  booking a cruise starting in Italy is the need to fly there, not sure that flying this year is a good idea.

Also  in response to the post saying there will be no cruises at all this year because there will be no Americans , I totally disagree . Ships will be sailing with reduced capacity which will be made up of  European guests.

Costa MSC and TUI are all planning to startup in August , time will tell.

We are booked on Anthem out of Southampton on October 4th and I have got my fingers and toes crossed that it goes.

Edited by Lindypops

3 hours ago, little britain said:

And Explorer, Empress and Majesty too! 

Others started /start with balcony and above only for better air circulation with newer ships and about 40% capacity. So Majesty and Empress are out. I believe if they start in October in Europe somehow similar to TUI or Hapag-Lloyd or Costa it would be with Allure (from and for Spain) and Anthem from and for UK). Jewel and Explorer would be next (from and for Italy). In best case other Europeans will be allowed to join and port stops in other EU countries will be possible. But highly unlikely!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I thought you were asking about October 2021.......no cruising in 2020 that is for sure on a RCCL ship. No Americans.

Didn't realise Royal wouldn't sail without Americans. Thought they would sail with anyone, especially if it's only going to be 50% capcity

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

I thought Royal quit sailing from Venice anyway

They are still down to continue sailing from Venice this year if cruising restarts which unfortunately is very doubtful but next year the home port will be Ravenna.

RCCL didn’t actually quit but were told they couldn’t sail from there I’m pretty sure they’d prefer and most cruisers would like to have kept Venice as the home port.