The Daily for Saturday Aug 8, 2020

richwmn

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Today I am doing different "where am I" posts on the Crystal and HAL forums.  Each is a place I don;t think the other line has ever been.  My HAL photo is a little collage:

cemetary1.jpg.88bebc9663c48cccd0ba4df2ab3358a7.jpg

Roy

Is that South Georgia Island?

(I think I recognize Shackleton’s grave.)

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Is that South Georgia Island?

(I think I recognize Shackleton’s grave.)

You got it!  I don't think they normally allow ships beyond 500 feet but Prinsendam got special permission on the farewell Grand South America.

Roy

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

You got it!  I don't think they normally allow ships beyond 500 feet but Prinsendam got special permission on the farewell Grand South America.

Roy

I remembered your blog 😉

Over the years you, and several others (Captain Albert, Mary Ann and Bill, Pete and Judy, Arzz, OlSalt, etc.) have taken me along to so many places.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks Rich for keeping us on top of where the ships are.  Don't we just wish we were really on one of those blue hulled beauties.  Not a day goes by that I don't wish I was on a cruise.  I write journal pages of every port when we cruise, so many times over the past 5 months I have gone back to those pages to reread about happy times.  We have always had a cat or two, but fir the past 4 years we have been cat less, we go to DD's when we need a feline fix.  Chai Latte (a chocolate Siamese) and Vader, (a black rescue).  We have had chicken for the past 3 nights, I am still thinking tomato pie!   Get well wishes for all those who are hurting.  A picture of our beautiful hibiscus.

E052C36F-2CFC-4D64-B964-6CFD47FE5991.jpeg

Edited by gigianne
  • Like 9

Today I am doing different "where am I" posts on the Crystal and HAL forums.  Each is a place I don;t think the other line has ever been.  My HAL photo is a little collage:

cemetary1.jpg.88bebc9663c48cccd0ba4df2ab3358a7.jpg

Roy

Shackelton's grave in the South Georgia Islands........was there on Christmas Day 2019. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is International Cat Day and National Garage Sale Day

Virginia law forbids bathtubs in the house; tubs must be kept in the yard.

Meal suggestion for today - Grilled Chicken and Mango Skewers

Wine of the day - Gérard Bertrand Languedoc Art de Vivre vintage 2015

At Sea Atlantic
Rotterdam destination Gibraltar eta 8/6

At Sea Indian
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/18
Westerdam destination Mombasa, Kenya eta 8/12
Zuiderdam destination Singapore eta 8/9

At Sea Mediterranean
Amsterdam destination Gibraltar eta 8/10

At Sea Pacific
Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13
Ship is currently off Tomatlan Mexico

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Cochin
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam

Limassol
Maasdam

Piraeus Greece
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Singapore Area
Noordam

0808indian.png

0808Med.png

Rich, Thanks for the update.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Dear Friends,

Allen had to go back to the hospital last night with internal bleeding. Surgery today. Please pray for him.

Joy

Oh no! Positive thoughts coming from this side of the Atlantic too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I posted this link on the 'Rotterdam in Rotterdam' thread.  It is a link to the webcams around Hoek Holland and Rotterdam port. https://www.portofrotterdam.com/en/our-port/see-do-and-experience/see/webcams

It is reported by @MAVIPthat Rotterdam has an ETA at the entrance to the river at 05.30 CET,

and @samsonmoreports that Rotterdam is due to arrive at the cruise port terminal between 08.00 and 09.00 CET.   Should be ok for West Coast members and maybe a mixture of 'late to bed' or 'early riser' East Coast viewers.

Monday morning 10th August! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich. Garage sales have popped up here for the past couple of weekends. Lots of physical distancing going on. What a funny law in Virginia 😄 Meal sounds great! Roy, thanks for the prayer list.

@kazu, thanks for the laughs. Cats are very amusing, even if somewhat aloof at times. What is the attractions of boxes, sinks, and bathrooms? We've always had one or two cats in the house, so I'm loving all the cat pictures and the flower pictures are gorgeous!  

@Seasick Sailor, I'm so sorry to hear that Allen is back in the hospital. Adding him to my prayers.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. Be well! Stay safe! Be kind! 

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

• Like 8

@Seasick Sailor, so sorry to hear that Allen is back in the hospital.  I'll say a prayer.

Thanks for The Daily, Rich.  Today is our giant book sale collection day - usually the newspaper sets up a huge warehouse for sorting and then re-selling (to support libraries in the local schools) .  This year, collections will be today at Ogden Point (no cruise ships!) and one of the local bookshops is going to buy everything in bulk to resell themselves.We will go down about 10 with the three big boxes we have to donate.  Just have to hope the whole of James Bay is not lined up with cars waiting to get in!

PS  We broke the law for 20 years in Virginia!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Has anyone heard from Denise recently.  She hasn't posted for 3 days.

Roy

Wasn’t she going on a little trip?  Kayaking I think?  My memory can be short though but I think that is what she mentioned a few days ago?

Hope I am right and everything is a.o.k.

• Like 3

I was to be on Rotterdam on 10/3.....sad.

prayers for Allen......sorry to read that.

Allergic to cats..they can be so cute though.  My nose is itchy thinking about it!

Making Sunday sauce...started today so it can rest.  Meatballs go in tomorrow.  It smells so good.  Should be a cool weather dish, but when a girl needs sauce?  Even my daughter asked for good sauce the other day..

Chateau St. Michelle Chardonnay for me today....Red tomorrow with the sauce.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Dear Friends,

Allen had to go back to the hospital last night with internal bleeding. Surgery today. Please pray for him.

Joy

Joy, prayers being said right now.  Hope all is well and please let us know how the surgery went.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1