Have We Gone On Our Last Cruise?

tlw440

We had a cruise scheduled on November 7th on the Carnival Breeze. The cruise was canceled by Carnival. Given the current situation going on now in the world, we are glad they did. Don't know if we will ever book another cruise,  we started cruising in 2002 and had not missed a year going on a cruise until this year.  We feel blessed for the all the places we have seen and the amazing excursions we have been on.

• Like 6

We are booked on the Breeze (originally radiance) leaving Nov. 8th from Port Canaveral, final due tomorrow, I am probably going to cancel this evening.  Also have a Dec., Jan. and March booked on NCL, still hoping cruising resumes at some point before we are too old to be allowed on board lol

We also feel blessed that we have been so many places and have had so many amazing adventures on land and in the water.

• Like 2

There will be something , someday, to stop this virus.  Or a medication that will cut down the bad effects.  Things will go back to normal. Or near normal. Or a better new normal.  

I think it’s time to really think about how they pack every inch of a cruise ship with people .  Buffet, ect. 

• Like 1

I haven't.  I keep on looking at cruises, not that I intend to book right now.  Eventually somebody will start cruising again somehow, somewhere, sometime, and it will be safe for everyone and fun.  All things pass.   Last night I was watching YouTube videos of cruises.  That cheered me up a bit, just remembering the good feelings.

I'm patiently waiting, and holding up hope to be able to cruise again.  Right now, our 7 day on the Freedom at the very end of February, 2021 is in doubt. Here's hoping & praying that we get to sail.  If not, we will probably rebook for late 2021 if it gets cancelled. 

• Like 1

October cruise cancelled but booked for December and hope it goes.  Like the annual flu we will get control of this and return to what ever passes for sanity.  My plan is to spend that sanity on a cruise ship.  It will be interesting to watch the various new protocols that ensure safety as much as can be done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jakeT said:

There will be something , someday, to stop this virus.  Or a medication that will cut down the bad effects.  Things will go back to normal. Or near normal. Or a better new normal.  

I think it’s time to really think about how they pack every inch of a cruise ship with people .  Buffet, ect. 

They do need to think about how they now pack them like sardines but yet the cruise ships are just getting bigger and more crammed with the 6000 passenger ships like the Mardi Gras. They should be building more spirit class ships which give way more breathing room but they aren't as profitable.

• Like 2

Right now, I'm more concerned about flying than going on another cruise. Until this pandemic has ended (or comes very close to ending), there's a much greater chance of contracting the virus on an airplane than on a cruise ship. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

Right now, I'm more concerned about flying than going on another cruise. Until this pandemic has ended (or comes very close to ending), there's a much greater chance of contracting the virus on an airplane than on a cruise ship. 

Me too.  My mom keeps asking when I will visit and I keep telling her that it would not be a good decision to get on a plane any time soon.  If I had to travel, that would be different.  I don't, so I won't.  I even rescheduled a road trip to a Florida beach condo from August to the end of October.  I don't think a trip to Florida is a good idea either.

I won't ever give up on cruising.  If my January cruise doesn't sail, then maybe my April one will.  If that one doesn't, then I will look forward to another time and just keep on hanging in there.  This situation will not last forever, even though it seems like it while being in the middle of it.  I've accepted that it might be awhile. I don't feel like a cruise would be any more risky than any other type of vacation as far as contracting the virus.  It's everywhere.  Someday, it won't be and I will be on a cruise again.  I won't throw in the towel for something I really enjoy just because there is a time out.

• Like 5

I hope not!! I have a cruise next December 21’ not yet ready to pull the trigger for July yet. Y’all stay safe and let’s work together flattening the curve!! So we can once again enjoy the chair hogs who never show to sit in the chair!! 😂 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Me too.  My mom keeps asking when I will visit and I keep telling her that it would not be a good decision to get on a plane any time soon.  If I had to travel, that would be different.  I don't, so I won't.  I even rescheduled a road trip to a Florida beach condo from August to the end of October.  I don't think a trip to Florida is a good idea either.

I won't ever give up on cruising.  If my January cruise doesn't sail, then maybe my April one will.  If that one doesn't, then I will look forward to another time and just keep on hanging in there.  This situation will not last forever, even though it seems like it while being in the middle of it.  I've accepted that it might be awhile. I don't feel like a cruise would be any more risky than any other type of vacation as far as contracting the virus.  It's everywhere.  Someday, it won't be and I will be on a cruise again.  I won't throw in the towel for something I really enjoy just because there is a time out.

I love your last few words “ there is a time out”,  and clearly we need to reset. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tlw440 said:

We had a cruise scheduled on November 7th on the Carnival Breeze. The cruise was canceled by Carnival. Given the current situation going on now in the world, we are glad they did. Don't know if we will ever book another cruise,  we started cruising in 2002 and had not missed a year going on a cruise until this year.  We feel blessed for the all the places we have seen and the amazing excursions we have been on.

Not at all.   Even though we had 2 cruises cancelled this year, we are already rebooked for march and august 2021, with more to come!!  

I love cruising and will never give it up.   I was hooked after my first in 2009.

Undecided at the moment.

I'm glad I did the 14 day Journey's on Pride in January.  A great start to 2020.

My May cruise was cancelled and I rebooked for next April.

Cruising has changed so much since my first one in 1992 and a lot of the changes aren't to my liking but I do like the ease of a cruise when there's no flying involved.  Just taking it one day at a time for now.

27 minutes ago, sgttami said:

I'm glad I did the 14 day Journey's on Pride in January.  A great start to 2020.

I did a 13-day Journeys cruise on Miracle Feb. 1 -14.  Thought the same thing - what a great way to start 2020.  Looks like that may be the highlight of my year, as it's been downhill from there.

• Like 1

Just now, Roz said:

I did a 13-day Journeys cruise on Miracle Feb. 1 -14.  Thought the same thing - what a great way to start 2020.  Looks like that may be the highlight of my year, as it's been downhill from there.

Hopefully cruising isn't the highlight of the year, OMG.

I admit this whole lock down and the terrible response in the US is saddening, but there is always the flip side, I've never spent more time with my immediate family.  It wasn't on vacation or a cruise, but quality time at home. 

• Like 1