Would you take a COVID test in order to cruise?

Would you take a COVID test in order to cruise?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take a COVID test in order to cruise

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

2 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Does anyone know if cruise lines are allowed to overbook? 

Way before this pandemic, I have read posts on CC about cruises  being overbooked and people being offered incentives to reschedule.

Edited by TNcruising02

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

Way before this pandemic, I have read posts on CC about cruises  being overbooked and people being offered incentives to reschedule.

I ask because if testing is required I can see the cruise lines over booking just in case. Maybe just give the cheaper fare people a positive result so they can keep the higher fare passengers? Yeah, it's pretty tin foil hat-ish but anyway to make a badly needed extra buck.....

A vaccine i far more effective IMHO. "Won't get it" covers the whole trip; "don't have it" covers embarkation, but does little to prevent contracting Covid-19 during shore-exes.  I can't imagine how cruise lines could control time and potential exposure of 3000+ pax while in port. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I ask because if testing is required I can see the cruise lines over booking just in case. Maybe just give the cheaper fare people a positive result so they can keep the higher fare passengers? Yeah, it's pretty tin foil hat-ish but anyway to make a badly needed extra buck.....

I don't think they would do that.  If they did that and it came out, I could see massive lawsuits.  I believe the cruise lines made it worth it for people to reschedule by giving them great offers and incentives.  That's what I read, any way.

I hope the virus has run its course by the time cruising begins.  If not, there has to be a way to deal with it or the cruise lines will go under.

Tests in the area where I live, are now being done by saliva. Much simpler.  We fill out a form online, the tube we put our saliva in gets sent to us overnight, you spit in the test tube and mail it back out. Result within 2-3 days. Much easier than the nasal test.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

Tests in the area where I live, are now being done by saliva. Much simpler.  We fill out a form online, the tube we put our saliva in gets sent to us overnight, you spit in the test tube and mail it back out. Result within 2-3 days. Much easier than the nasal test.

The boss did the saliva test too. She said it took a lot of spit. 

3 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Different.  He took an antigen test, which would most likely not be used for passengers boarding a cruise ship.

But that is the one that gives very quick results, although they can provide false positives and false negatives.

• Like 1

What if your spouse tests positive and you dont .  Thats not going to work out .

No test , no vaccine and no cruising for me .

Why take a chance . I will wait a couple of years before i cruise again .

5 minutes ago, loman said:

What if your spouse tests positive and you dont . 

Sorry honey. Take care of the plants and I’ll see you in a week. Problem is I don’t think it’s legal to do that if it’s one of the kids that tests positive. 

51 minutes ago, mek said:

But that is the one that gives very quick results, although they can provide false positives and false negatives.

Was fortunate did 2 drive thru nasal tests, one no wait other 5 min wait get tested and was texted results in hrs. Love living in small town...

• Like 1

I do not mind taking a non-invasive test when it can be proved that the results are accurate. We have seen stories of false positives and others of sites reporting positives way above actual results. I have a friend who has been working at a testing site and has taken four or five tests, one came back positive, the others negative. Again, makes me wonder how accurate any of the tests are.

I have the reservations about a vaccine. No matter what they say, it will takes years to prove they have an effective and SAFE vaccine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, irzero said:

More die from heart attack, heart disease, and obesity but you keep eating them burgers and all you can eat buffets still. 

In the UK 3x more people have died from Flu in the last 7 weeks than Covid19. 

Its also only mostly killed people who were going to die anyway. Last 8 week we have been below average deaths based on 5 year average.

That's pretty callous, we are all going to die eventually. Apparently you haven't had any family, friends or acquaintances who have succumbed to this. 

Eating burgers is a choice and I'm willing to face the consequences, getting the disease from a stranger I might see at the store is not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Your perspective might change if one of those 160,000 was one of your relatives or a close friend.

Well, my niece was murdered.  My step father died of a terminal illness.  The list goes on and their deaths are just as horrible as deaths from covid.  So are deaths from mental illness or addiction because of isolation and lack of treatment.  I refuse to let Covid blind me to everything else in life and be my only focus.  Life is about balance, not singling out one cause of death to be more important than everything else. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, irzero said:

No its not. I watch american TV and i can tell you that you lot are about as well informed as school children. Your media is the worst and thats saying something given how bad ours can be. 

You have professional athletes who are too scared to play sports. Its hilarious to watch and also pretty sad that you dont have any reliable unbiased information to make choices on. 

Sweden has managed to get through this whole thing without lockdown or shutting schools. 

Half my family have confirmed antibodies and they didnt even get much more than a cold. 

Also your faith in masks is misplaced. They dont do anything and guess what.. Sweden doesnt mandate them either.

You nailed it about the US media.  They love to create hysteria, yet ignore facts.  It's very sad.

• Like 2