Princess Connects Live #2 August 27th

Princess is doing their next Princess Connects Live event on August 27th.

Princess Connects Live!. Join our YouTube live event. Opens in new tab.

Episode 2: August 27 at 1pm ET/10am PT

The premiere of Princess Connects Live! was such a success that we want to keep the show going. In this episode you can expect some of our favorite people like:

• Captain Michele Tuvo — Captain of Sky Princess®
  • Gavin MacLeod — “Captain Stubing” from The Love Boat
  • All of you! — Our audience will play the Marriage Match Game Show with us!

Join our YouTube live event 8/27 at 1pm ET/10am PT

• Like 1

I was one of the 200+ in the "Zoom Room". When I submitted my request to be part of the zoom meeting, I was asked to submit 3 questions. All of mine were COVID or restart related. I was very disappointed that cheerleading session. Almost no information and they answered only two simple questions from customers. Those of us in the Zoom Room had our own chat - many were not happy. It was a total waste of time to me and I will definitely not watch this time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I'll tune in only for Captain Michele Tuvo (Captain Buy- Buy)

Last time the Diamond’s captain was advertised as participating but he (nor any other captain) was not part of the presentation with no explanation why not...hopefully that won’t be repeated with the very popular Captain Tuvo or Captain Stubing.

• Like 1

That is my birthday and I am taking the day off from work (and the next day too <grin>) so I will watch again.

The last one was rather disappointing and it was a rah rah themed show. I know they have to do that however there are

a lot of regular cruisers with Princess that would love to have more solid information straight from the horses mouth.

We just jumped on the booking train and are very hopeful  that this cruise will happen.

• Like 1

These Princess Connects Events are not intended to be informational sessions as much as they are Marketeering attempts during COVID times.  Rah-Rah, stay excited about cruising, here’s a raffle prize, gee isn’t this fun.

Some will love it...some won’t....and many will just ignore the hoopla.

• Like 1

I just watched the replay of this.  Jan's mouth has to be killing her holding that smile for an hour.  As Thrak noted, nothing about this worked.  The audio part of the presentation was an absolute disaster.  One would think that they would fully vet their capability of putting this together before it was presented to their loyal customers.  And get rid of the silly games.  Just tell us what is going on and what life will be like on a cruise ship when Princess does begin sailing again.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

So I take it that it is not worth watching the replay?

Only Jan came through clearly, Captain Tuvo couldn’t be heard much but still better than Captain Stubbing from the Love Boat who was completely garbled. And an increase from 2 to 3 questions but not much helpful to me plus a marriage game.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Only Jan came through clearly, Captain Tuvo couldn’t be heard much but still better than Captain Stubbing from the Love Boat who was completely garbled. And an increase from 2 to 3 questions but not much helpful to me plus a marriage game.

Thanks. I will give it a miss.

I couldn’t get out of a meeting and I had wanted to watch this today. Sounds like it didn’t go well. Technical issues are so frustrating. Especially during these times when businesses and education are happening remotely. I’ve seen technical issues happen at school for the kids’ classmates, for remote work with customers on my end and their end. It’s unfortunate.
I don’t know that it’s fair to be harsh about it, technical difficulties are not good and embarrassing, and many of us are doing everything remotely right now. Sometimes these things don’t go well. Hopefully the next one will be a better experience. I’ll still likely try to catch what I missed when I have time to kill. I won’t be rushing to check it out given what I’ve heard here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Absolutely pathetic. Typical Princess IT - nothing worked. Really, really, sad. Perhaps they could have tried a more professional platform than Zoom.

Hi Thrak,

I totally agree with you. The bast way to describe the show Is it was AWFUL. 
Tony

• Like 1

The technical issues were painful to experience. Interesting little nuggets in the questions they did answer though. That Enchanted Princess will be handed over on 30th September and then will go to Trieste to sit it out (for how long though!). And I posed the question about whether Princess planned to enhance Ocean Medallion to support the new protocols. Not a lot of new information but I liked Jan's idea of OceanNow delivery of food to your balconies! More details coming in videos soon...

Sandra

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dides said:

Interesting little nuggets in the questions they did answer though. That Enchanted Princess will be handed over on 30th September and then will go to Trieste to sit it out (for how long though!).

Also in the Q&A:

Princess is still hopeful that the December cruises can resume starting 12/15/20. The restart will depend on what testing is available and on the ports' willingness to allow cruise ships.

Buffet will continue, but with Princess crew doing all of the serving. No self-selvice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1