HUGE Changes To Cruising: YOU WILL BE SURPRISED!!

Jimbo

26 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Totally agree.  When Royal tells me the new rules, I will believe them.  No one else

I did't think any  of their speculations were that big of being out of line, sounds like you would object to some of them, guess you may not be cruising then.

Just now, Jimbo said:

I did't think any  of their speculations were that big of being out of line, sounds like you would object to some of them, guess you may not be cruising then.

I will cruise the second they let me.  I just don't listen to rumors.  I will wait to see what the official word from Royal is.  I would be on a ship tomorrow if they would let me.

NFC (near field communication) devices like the WOW bands have a very limited range (inches) - because the device has no power source and receives power from a wire loop magnetically from the reading device. The loop induces current, then the WOW band transmits a signal. The WOW band and seapass use the same technology.

I would assume that the MSC and Princess use batteries and bluetooth or RFID style communication, which requires a power source.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

The thought of cruising on a 50% capacity Freedom or Oasis class has me salivating!!!! If the cruise is sold out how do they decide who gets to go though??

It will likely be who booked first? And is 50% capacity mean less staff or the same amount of staff because it will mean half the amount of money?

16 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

It will likely be who booked first? And is 50% capacity mean less staff or the same amount of staff because it will mean half the amount of money?

Says msc is cruising at 70%. Dont know who came up with 50%  first time I've seen that figure. No one knows what it will be. 

The above video is the one I saw earlier about using the bands.

16 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of keeping the passengers who paid the highest fares......they really need the money now after all. Who knows?

3 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

Current MSC cruise Grandiosa cruising right now

Thanks for sharing the video.  Very informative.  Glad things are going well and I hope MSC and other cruise lines can build upon what they learn from these first cruises so we can safely be back aboard sailing soon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I was thinking more along the lines of keeping the passengers who paid the highest fares......they really need the money now after all. Who knows?

Mass cancellation by RCL might once again annoy the cruise agencies who sell out the majority of the cabins on some of these trips. For instance the Southampton/NYC and Barcelona/Miami TA's on Anthem and Harmony for next year are sold out by a UK cruise agency who claim they take like 90% plus cabins and have their staff onboard for the crossings as they have that marketing power and following and they do. A mass cancelling against their sales would not go down well. Especially when you consider sometimes the RCL passengers are part of a 3 ship package with Queen Mary TA crossings which might mean cancellation of the third sailing. That will really piss the cruise agencies off.

Edited by ace2542
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, drsel said:

MSC Grandiosa has only 2500 passengers out of a total capacity of 6200

Most lines I think are planning for % capacity based on double occupancy (which for Grandiosa is about 4800). All of the numbers for now seem to suggest about 50% (for Tui and Explorer Dream) or less.

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Mass cancellation by RCL might once again annoy the cruise agencies who sell out the majority of the cabins on some of these trips. For instance the Southampton/NYC and Barcelona/Miami TA's on Anthem and Harmony for next year are sold out by a UK cruise agency who claim they take like 90% plus cabins and have their staff onboard for the crossings as they have that marketing power and following and they do. A mass cancelling against their sales would not go down well. Especially when you consider sometimes the RCL passengers are part of a 3 ship package with Queen Mary TA crossings which might mean cancellation of the third sailing. That will really piss the cruise agencies off.

It's my understanding that TA's get paid commissions fir cancelled cruises.

FWIW, I'm on the Harmony TA next fall. Barcelona to Pt Canaveral, not Miami.  And the roll call so far seems predominantly American.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Remember when WOW bands debuted with launch of Quantum.  Scanners were out of reach behind bars so to pay for a drink you had to remove WOW band and hand it to bartender.  They often had a bunch laying back there so you just prayed you were charged for the correct drink and received the right WOW band back.

Nothing has changed, the WOW band “process” is far from optimal (or even serviceable IMO) 

Hi folks..I know there may be another thread, but I am so curious - what has happened or is being discussed about Lounge Access for the Diamond, Diamond + and Pinnacle and Suite folks that used to have some kind of Lounge on Royal.

DIdn't know what MSC really did as being one of the first out and about. Cheers! 

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Here is the latest I have seen from Richard Fain: Pent-up demand he is calling it.

My guess is the start up for cruising won't start up until he gets a new shirt and gets his hair cut and dyed.........Once you see that cruising will begin.

But you gotta' love his bangin' Rand Paul hair!

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's my understanding that TA's get paid commissions fir cancelled cruises.

FWIW, I'm on the Harmony TA next fall. Barcelona to Pt Canaveral, not Miami.  And the roll call so far seems predominantly American.

First of heard of it them getting paid like that. And I am pretty sure there will be a lot of brits on the cruise once the travel ban is lifted. They are promoting it now with a 3 night stay at Universal Orlando it is usually a very big package or at least they say it is.

You are taking a chance booking that aren't you? Americans might still be banned from the EU travel area then.

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

First of heard of it them getting paid like that. And I am pretty sure there will be a lot of brits on the cruise once the travel ban is lifted. They are promoting it now with a 3 night stay at Universal Orlando it is usually a very big package or at least they say it is.

You are taking a chance booking that aren't you? Americans might still be banned from the EU travel area then.

Booked Harmony a year ago. If it's a problem, I'll deal with it

North American TA's get paid as far as I know