Starting cruising again question

brenderlou

Just now, coevan said:

As I have said on numerous posts, nobody knows anything for sure. I would not hold my breath for a Thanksgiving cruise. Carnival has no idea and all people are talking about are law suits, crazy

Wait, people are actually talking about lawsuits???

1 minute ago, coevan said:

As I have said on numerous posts, nobody knows anything for sure. I would not hold my breath for a Thanksgiving cruise. Carnival has no idea and all people are talking about are law suits, crazy

This plus, having to get thousands of crew members on board, tested, quarantined, and then retested.

Throw in retrofitting the ships to new standards. 

What happens if there is a breakout on board?

Will the infected passenger(s), be quarantined on ship?

Will ports want to receive those infected?

Will hospitals want to treat the infected?.

Will the cruise lines fit the bill for the passengers, or will they institute an insurance fee to cover said costs?

Will they wait for a vetted vaccine?

Lots of unanswered variables for the cruising to start anytime soon....in the US.

And the BIGGIE, who knows what the heck the CDC is going to do?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

I’ve read that we won’t start cruising until crew are back on board. Anyone with any insight to when this will happen? I have a Thanksgiving Cruise I so don’t want cancelled!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No cruising until 12-15 at the earliest.

Pretty good bet there will not be any cruising until the ships have crew back on board. LOL.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

John Heald posted today that there is a crew plan in place, and he will be revealing more about it in the next few days. So 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

And I appreciate his positivity and enthusiasm.

But no plan survives first contact with the enemy.  And right now, we don't even know who "the enemy" is.

Being that we are in September already and the lengthy process it will take to bring crew back on board I don't see how Carnival will be ready to sail in November.

Not to mention majority of the ports are not opened to U.S. tourists yet so with that said, I'm willing to bet all my 401K that Carnival will NOT be sailing in November.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

John Heald posted today that there is a crew plan in place, and he will be revealing more about it in the next few days. So 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

I think we all know he truly means the next few months...  😆😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Based on the competitors, it is not looking good.

NCLH Ships Go Cool Lay Manning

This is interesting.  Also the bit about experienced crew members finding permanent jobs back home, making getting a fully trained crew difficult to obtain.  Our wait could be longer than we think...I have hopes for cruising to resume in 2020, but am prepared to be disappointed.

8 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Ships are currently staffed in accordance with maritime regulations. In time, Carnival will begin to staff hotel operational positions when they are ready. Carnival plans to resume sailing in November and they remain confident in that date — or sooner.

They have also been confident numerous other times in the past 6 months.

I’m guessing that bringing crews back won’t be as challenging as sending them home. It will still be a lengthy process to get all ships fully crewed, but they may have enough crews in position to at least launch one ship at some point in time in November if the no sail order is lifted. Which one will be ready first and when is anybody’s guess. 

Edited by Tapi

13 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Ships are currently staffed in accordance with maritime regulations. In time, Carnival will begin to staff hotel operational positions when they are ready. Carnival plans to resume sailing in November and they remain confident in that date — or sooner.

And where are the going to get the staff??

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tinleypark andy said:

This plus, having to get thousands of crew members on board, tested, quarantined, and then retested.

Throw in retrofitting the ships to new standards. 

What happens if there is a breakout on board?

Will the infected passenger(s), be quarantined on ship?

Will ports want to receive those infected?

Will hospitals want to treat the infected?.

Will the cruise lines fit the bill for the passengers, or will they institute an insurance fee to cover said costs?

Will they wait for a vetted vaccine?

Lots of unanswered variables for the cruising to start anytime soon....in the US.

And the BIGGIE, who knows what the heck the CDC is going to do?

Mic drop...….