Why even think about it

jskinsd

The election just is around the corner and the CDC standing pat. When, where and how do you think any cruising will happen before the end of the year?   People cruising out of the United States,  where are you going?  Mexico, Bahamas,  Central America?  Spikes happenings.  Europe locking down.  Unless you are locked into a future cruise credit and hoping you can use your already spent money why would you even consider cruising?     Let us be real.

I miss cruising too.  But unless I know I will be able to take a cruise without  a mask you can count me out.  ✌️

• Like 2

We are being real, I think we all need to remember we have different levels of what we are willing to do (restrictions) as well as what we are willing to risk to live our lives.   Basically, you and I really don't agree on this, and you know what, that is OK!  🙂

• Like 6

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

I think we all need to remember we have different levels of what we are willing to do (restrictions) as well as what we are willing to risk to live our lives.🙂

And don't forget being willing to risk other people's lives.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jskinsd said:

The election just is around the corner and the CDC standing pat. When, where and how do you think any cruising will happen before the end of the year?   People cruising out of the United States,  where are you going?  Mexico, Bahamas,  Central America?  Spikes happenings.  Europe locking down.  Unless you are locked into a future cruise credit and hoping you can use your already spent money why would you even consider cruising?     Let us be real.

I miss cruising too.  But unless I know I will be able to take a cruise without  a mask you can count me out.  ✌️

Most everyone that likes to cruise is thinking the same thing.

Cancellations are skyrocketing and new bookings are near zero.

The cruise lines are in serious trouble if they don't get back to normal soon. And that doesn't

look likely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Most everyone that likes to cruise is thinking the same thing.

Cancellations are skyrocketing and new bookings are near zero.

The cruise lines are in serious trouble if they don't get back to normal soon. And that doesn't

look likely.

I am surprised to hear you say that, almost everyone on my roll calls are rebooking for 2021

Edited by SpainAlien
  • Like 1

Just now, SpainAlien said:

I am surprised to hear you say that, almost everyone on my roll calls are rebooking for 2021

The demand is super high right now, I forecast overbooking in the middle of the next year. People are tired waiting and they want to go and see the world. It wont be short until people book all the cruises they wanted as soon as the limitations will be down 

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

I would argue that the CC demographic hardly represents the general cruising population.  

• Like 1

My cruise was one of the early canceled cruises so I took the FCC thinking this would pass quickly.  I have applied those credits to future cruises one in August 2021 and another for March 2022.  I will not be able to get my money back so I am keeping a positive attitude that I will be able to cruise again.  I don't want to think about being out nearly $10k.  Yes you read that right, 10k.  I had a suite booked for and Alaska cruisetour that was supposed to take place early summer.  Final payment had already been made so I thought heck just rebook with my FCC.  

• Like 2

I'm booked for October 2022, I need something on my countdown timer to give me a smile daily even if I never get to go on this cruise I at least have something to dream about!

Same with my February 2021 land trip to Mexico, I know it isn't going to happen but I can dream can't I?  

I have insurance and 100% refund for Mexico and my cruise, I am not making any payments towards my cruise till late 2021 and if things aren't better by than I will cancel

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jskinsd said:

Consider yourself counted out. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jskinsd said:

Wearing a mask doesn't bother me. I wear one at work every day (I work on a college campus). I don't go on cruises to socialize or be entertained. I just want some peace and quiet with some sun, sand, water, and good food. I would probably enjoy a cruise under the proposed restrictions MORE than I usually do.

• Like 8

People should be allowed to live with with whatever possible exposure they're comfortable with.  I'd be cruising right now, no face coverings, no problem.  Trigger warning:  A lot of people are over the pandemic and are getting back to life.  No one is being prevented from taking their own precautions if they feel they need to, including not cruising.

I'm booked for January and February and will wear the face covering exactly when required.  Silly, buy they own the ship.  No pictures though, don't want any evidence I participated in this folly.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I might would consider a mask, as long as I didn't have to wear it on deck...people wearing them outside, well, I don't get it.  I don't like wearing them inside.  I think most of them are probably as nasty as it gets.  🙂

• The entertainment would be an issue..that is one of my favorite things while cruising.  

4 minutes ago, boatseller said:

People should be allowed to live with with whatever possible exposure they're comfortable with.  I'd be cruising right now, no face coverings, no problem.  Trigger warning:  A lot of people are over the pandemic and are getting back to life.  No one is being prevented from taking their own precautions if they feel they need to, including not cruising.

I'm booked for January and February and will wear the face covering exactly when required.  Silly, buy they own the ship.  No picture though, don't want any evidence I participated in this folly.

I'm about right where you are.  No coverings, no problems for me.  Booked in March 21 here, I hope it goes.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I might would consider a mask, as long as I didn't have to wear it on deck...people wearing them outside, well, I don't get it.  I don't like wearing them inside.  I think most of them are probably as nasty as it gets.  🙂

• The entertainment would be an issue..that is one of my favorite things while cruising.  

My prediction is face coverings will not be required on open decks, in the dining room, or in specifically configured bar venues.  That's at least 75% of where I spend my time so I'll be covered in transit and at trivia.  I'll make a judgement for shows on the fly.

Full service dining is my cruise thing so 2hr breakfast, 2hr lunch, 2hr dinner is fine with me.  Happy cruising.

• Like 1

I can't think of anything better to sum up my feelings about this than to quote Florida Gov. Ron De Santis from this article:

https://cruiseradio.net/florida-governor-want-cruise-ships-sailing/

"The Florida Governor says it should be up to the traveling public to decide if they feel safe getting aboard a ship.

'No one would ever be forced to come visit or go on a cruise. And if you’re not comfortable doing that, God bless you,' he said. 'But I think there’s a lot of people that would like that opportunity. And I know there’s a lot of people that would like the opportunity to earn a living, doing it.' "

Count me as one who is ready, willing and able to cruise now. (Side note: I don't get into discussions about the threat of COVID-19 on this site, as a rule. Such discussions have a tendency to rapidly descend into rudeness, accusations and tit-for-tat, cherrypicked medical data. This is not the place for and I won't do it. Sorry if I sound defensive but it's gotten out of control)

• Like 6

I wear a mask in public because it is a requirement to do the things I need.  I comply with the rules.  But having to wear a mask on a cruise ship is not a need. Cruising is not a need.  I am finding other ways to spend my entertainment dollars.  Just got from  7000 mile road trip visiting my daughter in Michigan.  Always wearing a mask and noticing most people doing also.  During that road trip traveled through 16 states.  Places of interest I was able to spend time at were the Upper Peninsula, Mt Rushmore, the Black Hills, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon,  Las Vegas and more.  

So people "be real" cruising isn't coming back the way it used to be anytime soon, so take a road trip and visit the country you live in.  ✌️

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Roger88 said:

The demand is super high right now, I forecast overbooking in the middle of the next year. People are tired waiting and they want to go and see the world. It wont be short until people book all the cruises they wanted as soon as the limitations will be down 

That’s the way I see it, too.  Just look at the posts here in CC.  People complain, but mostly, they want to cruise.

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It'll will probably be several years before this criteria is met. 

"several years..." sounds like your opinion.  Do you have any concrete information, e.g., scientific studies or reports to support that?  IMHO, masks will disappear by the end of 2021 once a sufficient return to sailing record reflects that infection rates are no higher than that for the flu or other contagious diseases.  If the general population can fly safely with passengers seated side by side as they do today, I think cruisers can safely enjoy their chosen mode of travel as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuliHuli said:

IMHO, masks will disappear by the end of 2021 once a sufficient return to sailing record reflects that infection rates are no higher than that for the flu or other contagious diseases. 

Perhaps even by spring or summer 2021 when a safe & effective vaccine is readily available to everyone (hopefully).

19 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

And don't forget being willing to risk other people's lives.

Excellent! Think of how we can help ourselves and others.

Stay Safe

We in the US are averaging 70,000 cases and 800 deaths per day. This sure is NOT 

'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED'

Edited by Oxo
  • Like 2