The Daily for Thursday Nov 5, 2020

richwmn

12 minutes ago, superoma said:

Roy, you can just hide their signatures without ignoring the poster.just to the right of the start of the signature is an x and a down arrow. Click on that to ignore the signature or you can also ignore all signatures from there

THANK YOU ❤️. I didn’t know that.  You learn something new every day 🙂

Really appreciate this info.  Worked perfectly.

• Like 7

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

Jacqui, scroll down til you see someones signature. A light shaded X is to the right of the signature. Click on it and you will see options.

Thanks to both you and superoma.  Really appreciate the tip 👍 

• Like 5

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Wow, a new day and a new look!  Great quotes, and quite an assortment of days to celebrate as well.  In high school I wanted to go from brunette to blonde, so bought a bottle of Miss Clairol #32 Sunset Blonde and went to town.  Apparently it decided to highlight all the auburn I had in my hair to the point that it looked like I had a head full of bright copper pennies.  I had to go that way for a month until I could safely re-colour without damaging my hair.  I skipped photo day that year.

While I've tried grits and didn't like them, I don't think I'll be making Rich's menu suggestion; I DO love Roy's, though!   Mmmm, Caesar Salad, Filet Mignon and Baked Alaska would seriously do it for me, especially if I was sitting in the Pinnacle Grill tonight. . . .     However, because we went out yesterday and purchased a toaster oven that grills, toasts, bakes, and air fries, we'll be testing out it's capabilities this evening.  DH has suggested it be french fries, dry ribs, and chicken wings accompanied by fresh vegetables and dip.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our glasses tonight to all on the celebratory list, and wishing everyone in the US a calm and safe day.  Stay well, be safe!

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 14

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Is it already afternoon for you now?

It is just coming up to 2.30pm on a beautiful sunny November afternoon.  Not a breath of wind anywhere and a mild 12°C (54°F).

We are in exceptionally good mood today, because we have just returned from DW's oncologist's clinic with a clear pathology report! 👏 Yes, thanks to all the positive thoughts and prayers from you all, she is cancer free.  They still intend to complete radiotherapy whenever the surgical wounds heal, but her pathology reports show that the chemo worked and all that is left is some scar tissue. 

We hope everyone has as good a day as we are having! ❤️

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

It is just coming up to 2.30pm on a beautiful sunny November afternoon.  Not a breath of wind anywhere and a mild 12°C (54°F).

We are in exceptionally good mood today, because we have just returned from DW's oncologist's clinic with a clear pathology report! 👏 Yes, thanks to all the positive thoughts and prayers from you all, she is cancer free.  They still intend to complete radiotherapy whenever the surgical wounds heal, but her pathology reports show that the chemo worked and all that is left is some scar tissue. 

Very happy to hear this! 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

she is cancer free.  They still intend to complete radiotherapy whenever the surgical wounds heal, but her pathology reports show that the chemo worked and all that is left is some scar tissue. 

That is such excellent news ❤️ 😄 

2399FFF0-1BC5-4D00-A77A-C8AC58D34EE2.gif.1a42cdacf4b19493bd9efee35723e041.gif

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

We are in exceptionally good mood today, because we have just returned from DW's oncologist's clinic with a clear pathology report! 👏 Yes, thanks to all the positive thoughts and prayers from you all, she is cancer free. 

Oh, my, what wonderful news.   That makes it a happy day for sure!

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

That's fantastic news!!  😀

• Like 7

@VMax1700 That is great news!! I will toast you both with a Boulevardier tonight!

I was going to grill bratwurst last night, but the neighbors had a few of us over for socially distanced cocktails on their patio. It was a beautiful evening and we sat out until about 7:30. They have a propane "fire pit" and an overhead heater so it was very comfy.

And after a couple of these -

image.thumb.png.f2535737356fb6cf7ef3fe2714c215d5.png

I wasn't sure I should be lighting the grill!

So tonight is brats on the grill. Our son will stop by to help us make sure there are no leftovers.

• Like 12

image.jpeg.6f161af0103298f41b996095d7e778f8.jpeg🌺🌺 WOKE UO TO A LOT OF SUNSHINE THIS AM!  IT HAS BEEN ALOT OF FOG IN THE MORNING BURNING OFF MID MORNING THIS LAST WEEK. 

WELL I NEED TO GET COMFORTABLE WITH THE NEW FORMAT ON CC. 🙄 

🌺🌺RICH THANK YOU FOR THE QUOTES, DINNER MENU, AND WINE SELECTIONS TOO!! I SO LIKE YOUR NEW MAP FORMAT FOR OUR BLUE HAL BEAUTIES TOO!!

image.jpeg.829f0efe28b120c37854adf96a60fa98.jpeg
🌺🌺Roy!! 👍 NOW I WILL ENJOY THIS DINNER! NOT A GRITS PERSON. I APPRECIATE YOU DOING YOUR MENU PHOTOS SO MUCH. YOU ALSO KNOW HOW MUCH WE ALL LIVE YOUR CARE LIST AND CELEBRATIONS TOO!

image.jpeg.e4ec28cf130050f1ac28cc04f598e084.jpeg

🌺🌺 JACQUI🙄 ALL I CAN SAY IS HE SURE IS A BEAUTY!! WOW!! I KNOW THEY ARE SUCH A PAIN IN THE NECK FOR YOU WITH YOUR WONDERFUL FLOWER GARDEN . YOUR NEIGHBOR TOOK A GREAT PICTURE! WHAT A SKETCH!

🌺🌺 GOOD MORNING JOY AND ANN!!

SORRY ABOUT THOSE MOSQUITO BITES!! HOPE THEY CALM DOWN JOY. 
YOUR OVEN YOU GOT IS SO GOOD! IT IS A WINNER👍ANN THE WINE IS RED AND I AM NOT ONE WHO LIKES ANY WINE THAT HAS AN OAK TASTE.. HOPE SOME WHITES COME UO SOON FOR YOUR DESCRIPTION! ❤️ To both of you!

🌺TO ALL OF YOU HERE ON CC. MAY THIS  DAY BRING YOU HAPPINESS IN YOUR HEARTS!! SO IMPORTANT! 

GIVE A SMALL GESTURE OF SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SOMEONE TODAY😊

🌺🌺🌺🌺PASS IT ON! 🌺🌺🌺🌺

YESTERDAY AT MY DRIVE THRU STARBUCKS I PASSED IT ON AND PAID FOR THE CAR BEHIND ME A GRANDE COFFEE !! Just my way of doing something positive. 
STAY SAFE ALL! Looks like we will be going into a purple tier here in San Diego! 
Non Essential businesses will close again😷

Denise😊

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!  Getting used to this new format, but I think I like it 🙂  Took a double-take at first though!

I do like a good dark stout (and also thought at first it was referring to someone's girth)!  At one time I was a "strawberry blonde" and then "auburn" so I guess that's as close to a red head that I've been 😉  Love the idea of husbands making dinner, but not sure it would be very tasty around here (he does make awesome omelettes  and a decent BBQ, but our weather today won't allow that!)

Like many non-southerners, I'm not a fan of grits in any shape or form.  I have tried my MIL's grits, supposedly the best, but wasn't impressed LOL.  We had steak last night, no idea what will be on the table tonight.

Stay healthy everyone and don't forget your masks.  🙂    

• Like 9

VMax1700 that is great news about your wife.  

As a southern (Texas) girl, I do not like grits.  It is one food who lives up to its name.  GRITS can also mean “Girls Raised In The South”.

My mother was a redhead who was born on 11/11/1911.  So I knew about the significance of Veterans Day being on November 11.

The lemon shrimp with garlicky rice was a hit last night.  I also make a variation of it using lime juice and cilantro instead of lemon juice and parsley.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9

Well, today's CC is a strange one!  I'm finding the new print very small and difficult to read,.  But thanks to everyone posting!  @VMax1700, so happy to hear your DW is cancer free!  

Lots of wind last night, I think most of the leaves are down.  I must get outside and rake up leaves and put them out for the gardeners.  

• Like 5

Good morning and thanks everyone!  Especially Rich dealing with new tech.  I got a new iPad yesterday so first thought it was because of it that CC looked different, as everything else did too!  Now my photos don’t take hours to post, yeah!  
I apologize for the length of my signature.

@VMax1700so happy for your great news! 
We’ve had some more lovely sunrises, sunsets and even a live band one evening.

6BE9A839-5AD0-4CF9-A0DD-6AE6BC91690F.jpeg

609E6076-B773-4BCB-A05E-B7B47777D3E9.jpeg

2479B373-43F7-4927-AAE4-49B83C2AE3A2.jpeg

42F279B7-C962-4AA9-88C9-94CA85C2C49C.jpeg

• Like 14

My mother, sisters and brother all are/were blessed with red or blonde hair.  My own hair has aged in the pandemic, I call it white, hair experts might use a more glamorous word to describe.  Haven't seen the siblings or my dear mother  in person in months, can't wait to be together!  Planning to visit with the AZ sisters and Mom (who is 100 and 1/2!) before the end of 2020.  Hope for the best!

Edited by Norseh2o
wrong age listed
  • Like 11