New vaccine

hollyjess

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Ooh! I thought they were one and the same 😱😂

My mistake, but only because they’ve called it the Long Catlis Road Surgery. I’ve looked again and I think they mean The Parkwood Health Centre, the one at the shops, which is at the end of Long Catlis. Whereas ours is Parkwood Family Practice on the main part of Long Catlis Road. I’ve heard ours referred to as the Long Catlis surgery but never the big one down the road.

Sorry 😊

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mr.Clive Browne said:

With the oxford vaccine being available and used i would have thought it would be better to take it to the care homes rather than have all the elderly patiants transported to a hub.

I think that might be what's happened over here. 

Mum is 92 and lives in a care home in Thurrock. I was informed yesterday that she will be getting her jab next week.  Up until a week ago the care home didn't know when either residents or staff would be getting the jab.  I totally got it that it wasn't particularly practical to take residents to a hospital/hub for the Phizer vaccine, but I did think that the staff could have done so.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

My mistake, but only because they’ve called it the Long Catlis Road Surgery. I’ve looked again and I think they mean The Parkwood Health Centre, the one at the shops, which is at the end of Long Catlis. Whereas ours is Parkwood Family Practice on the main part of Long Catlis Road. I’ve heard ours referred to as the Long Catlis surgery but never the big one down the road.

Sorry 😊

Long Catlis Road surgery is in the Parkwood Health Centre which is just beside the shops at Parkwood. A neighbours friends have been vaccinated there. Parkwood Family Practice will be using the Health Centre as well.

Long Catlis Road is Looooong!, joining Deanwood Drive at each end

I will have to go all the way to Woodlands Road in Gillingham as my practice closed their surgery at the Rainham Healthy Living Centre when their lease came up for renewal, just too expensive.

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Haven’t heard that and a pretty stupid attitude given that the Phizer vaccine offers significantly better protection than the Oxford one. My Mum is having hers today and I’m hoping that she gets the Phizer one. As for me, I will take any of them and as soon as possible - including the Russian one 😂 

I wouldn't want the Chinese one. They've helped  with Covid enough.

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Clive Browne said:

With the oxford vaccine being available and used i would have thought it would be better to take it to the care homes rather than have all the elderly patiants transported to a hub.

I think the hospital hubs are organising the sending of the vaccine etc to the care homes. Let’s hope it happens very quickly for them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I think the hospital hubs are organising the sending of the vaccine etc to the care homes. Let’s hope it happens very quickly for them.

I think that is what is happening in Medway, Medway Maritime will be handling it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Long Catlis Road surgery is in the Parkwood Health Centre which is just beside the shops at Parkwood. A neighbours friends have been vaccinated there. Parkwood Family Practice will be using the Health Centre as well.

I will have to go all the way to Woodlands Road in Gillingham as my practice closed their surgery at the Rainham Healthy Living Centre when their lease came up for renewal, just too expensive.

Yes, I looked it up after posting, I should have done it before posting ☺️

I've lived locally all my life and have lived just off of Long Catlis Road for the last 30 years and have never ever heard the Parkwood Health Centre called the Long Catlis Surgery, and I used to use that surgery too. That's why when I read it I thought they meant our surgery. You learn something new every day!

That will be a nuisance going to Woodlands Road for yours.

I couldn't see my parent's surgery on the list but I typed in the postcode of their surgery and I think they will have to go to Medway Hospital for theirs even though our hub is closer to their home address.

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Haven’t heard that and a pretty stupid attitude given that the Phizer vaccine offers significantly better protection than the Oxford one. My Mum is having hers today and I’m hoping that she gets the Phizer one. As for me, I will take any of them and as soon as possible - including the Russian one 😂 

It was mentioned on the local Tyne Tees ITV news last night.

Our surgery is starting next Saturday - 16th

It will be the physical hub for a group of local practices, with doctors/staff from all the surgeries taking part

Pfizer vaccine

Planning 800 per 12 hour day

Bring it on!

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

My parents haven’t even had notification of their vaccine and my friend’s mum is about to have her second one! She lives about 3 miles from my mum 🤷‍♀️

I've not heard from anyone who has had their vaccinations, or have been contacted. My neighbours are 91 and 88 and my friend 84 haven't heard anything yet. Funnily  enough, the first person in Barnsley to be vaccinated was 83. 

Mulling it over, I wonder if it's being done on priority within the groups as well, and that's why it seems random to us. For instance, someone who is 80 and vunerable would be vaccinated before a healthy 89 year old. Seems reasonable to me, but who knows. 

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I googled ‘which GP surgeries are doing the Covid vaccine in Medway’ and got a big list. Unfortunately my parent’s GP not on it! They’re 81 and 83 and haven’t heard a thing 😞 The GP’s round here seem to be in groups and 3 or 4 of them are using one hub. (A big clinic)

I spoke to someone in their 80’s (in my job) who’d just had their appointment- 7pm at night!!

My sister is fuming as her husband (in Worthing) hasn’t heard a thing and he’s a manager of a care home!

Hi Sue I’ve given up trying to Find out any info think it’s all a bit chaotic and depending where you live  it seems to be different so will just have to sit tight and wait 👍

• Like 5

I understand the impatience but I really think it’s worth just hanging on in there for a few more days.  I never, ever, anticipated that we might be jabbed in January or February, so even if it should slip to March (hope not) that’s really not so bad

Hang on in there.  Change is coming ☀️ 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've not heard from anyone who has had their vaccinations, or have been contacted. My neighbours are 91 and 88 and my friend 84 haven't heard anything yet. Funnily  enough, the first person in Barnsley to be vaccinated was 83. 

Mulling it over, I wonder if it's being done on priority within the groups as well, and that's why it seems random to us. For instance, someone who is 80 and vunerable would be vaccinated before a healthy 89 year old. Seems reasonable to me, but who knows. 

Avril

From anecdotal information that I have heard it varies. Some practices are applying a degree of prioritisation of the over 80’s base upon health conditions, but others are just doing it randomly. As we know, there is no requirement to prioritise within age groups. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I understand the impatience but I really think it’s worth just hanging on in there for a few more days.  I never, ever, anticipated that we might be jabbed in January or February, so even if it should slip to March (hope not) that’s really not so bad

Hang on in there.  Change is coming ☀️ 

There isn't anything we can do about it, it is understandable that people want to get their loved ones protected, we are in this situation. Hopefully Johnson and Johnson will have their vaccine approved soon as that is only one dose, their is light at the end of the tunnel, just a bit brighter for some than others at the moment.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Sue I’ve given up trying to Find out any info think it’s all a bit chaotic and depending where you live  it seems to be different so will just have to sit tight and wait 👍

Grindon lane primary care centre was the first in Sunderland.

This was from the Evening Chronicle.

Screenshot_20210108_111455_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry 😊

Phew! I book clinics in my job at Parkwood and I give them the postcode but say ‘you can’t miss it, it’s in the parade of shops’ 😃

In fact the other day I had to phone people and let them know their appointments were cancelled as the vaccine people had nicked our room!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Phew! I book clinics in my job at Parkwood and I give them the postcode but say ‘you can’t miss it, it’s in the parade of shops’ 😃

In fact the other day I had to phone people and let them know their appointments were cancelled as the vaccine people had nicked our room!

Sorry for giving you a fright 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Ooh my GP is in the Rainham H/L centre and our practise is going to the hub in Parkwood for the vaccine.

My husband (now he’s 60) yesterday got a letter (finally) for his flu jab!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

No problem 😊

Do you know if people called for a vaccine at the hospital can they ask to have it at a local hub surgery instead? I don't think my parents will want to go to Medway hospital when it's their turn and their surgery is part of the hospital vaccine hub. 

It may be due to most national news media being based in London and the South East, but it does seem to me from watching and listening to news that at the moment, the vaccines do seem to be concentrated in that part of the country. I know some have reached the Midlands and the North but I would love to see regional figures just to set my mind at rest. I don’t suppose I ever will. ☹️

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1