New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

My mother-in-law and her husband are both in their 80s and both have underlying health conditions he has had the vaccine ( 2 injections the last one yesterday) and she has had nothing at all and no appointment. The only difference is they have different doctors surgeries but vaccine has been given at local County showground.

Did he get a rosette for taking part.

56 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Prue obviously is registered with the right Doctor’s surgery!

Private most likely. I wonder if the Queen and Prince Phillip have had theirs. I'm sure they must have.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Good tip about the plastic bag to sit on! 

We are staying in Drymen. Apart from the trip to Edinburgh, there’s also tours to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, and my other main reason for this tour, a visit to the Kelpies. 

I hope it’s possible for this tour to happen, as I love Scotland. 

The trossachs is a nice rural area and there are a couple of decent pubs in Drymen (or at least there were before the lockdowns happened, they may not have survived).There is not that much else there, small grocery shops a gift shop etc.

You will probably pop into Callander en route depending on the way they take you. I’m surprised you are not going to Stirling Castle since you are in Stirlingshire.

Forgive me if you already know this but it is not pronounced “dry men”, it’s more like “drim in”.

The Kelpies are fine if you haven’t seen them and Helix park is lovely for a walk.

I hope you get up here.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Private most likely. I wonder if the Queen and Prince Phillip have had theirs. I'm sure they must have.

Avril

As far as I understand it from the press and from Matt Hancock the only way to get the vaccine is via the NHS. It’s not being sold to anyone but government buyers.

I mentioned before that it does seem that many well known faces have had theirs however. Coincidence perhaps.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for the link. Unbelievable but at least the vaccine wasn’t wasted.

Yes believable.  My husband doesn't care where his comes from.  I'm sure it will be Pfizer as the AZ one is only due out this week and he is going to the hub for his.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Spot on. I just wish ‘they’ hadn’t promised so much so soon. Good job that my Dad can’t access any forums etc (he wouldn’t know how to switch on a computer and mice to him are just troublesome little creatures in old buildings). 

My Dad used to be like that ... He asked me how to print on his computer...? :classic_unsure:
I told him it’s Ctrl-P.  He said he hasn’t been able to do that for ages. :classic_wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

26 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The trossachs is a nice rural area and there are a couple of decent pubs in Drymen (or at least there were before the lockdowns happened, they may not have survived).There is not that much else there, small grocery shops a gift shop etc.

You will probably pop into Callander en route depending on the way they take you. I’m surprised you are not going to Stirling Castle since you are in Stirlingshire.

Forgive me if you already know this but it is not pronounced “dry men”, it’s more like “drim in”.

The Kelpies are fine if you haven’t seen them and Helix park is lovely for a walk.

I hope you get up here.

Also a great place for innuendos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I hope you get up here.

I would have liked to go to Stirling Castle.

maybe I’ll get a chance on another trip.  I think my future holds more U.K. holidays and less long haul travel. 

3 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I would have liked to go to Stirling Castle.

maybe I’ll get a chance on another trip.  I think my future holds more U.K. holidays and less long haul travel. 

Do you get a free day. If so there is a bus service into Stirling which is a lovely little city. The Castle is actually just as interesting as Edinburgh Castle with more historical interest in some regards.

If you have time in Edinburgh on the day you go to the Tattoo then I strongly advise you to pre book your meal as during the festival (normally anyway) restaurants and pubs are really busy. Plenty of time to think about it 😀

3 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’m not that concerned where we’re at compared to the rest of the world, but of course it’s better to be near the top! At the moment I just can’t understand how some regions within the UK have been able to give over 80s in the community their 2 jabs when this group in other places hasn’t even had an appointment for the first one. 

If you think about it, there are enormous variations in the size and locations of GP surgeries, and providing prompt deliveries of a limited supply of vaccine to them all at the same time is a major logistical exercise. My own surgery as of this morning is still waiting for confirmed deliveries of the AZ vaccine, which is the only one they can use, but they are ready to start vaccinating as soon as they have supplies.

We’ve just had a briefing from our Chief Minister and Health Minister with regards to the vaccine roll out. As long as they are supplied as has been promised they’re hoping everyone over 50 will be done by the end of May and they are sticking to the manufacturers advice about the second jabs being given after 21 and 28 days depending on which one you get

• Like 2

As far as I know there are four vaccines in total available right now but I havent heard of anyone taking it aside from Beiden lol. People are still afraid and they dont trust just as I am. I have never been vaccinated in my life and doubt it will help me anyhow. I would rather drink some pills and be done with it and infect my body with bodies of some virus 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

As far as I know there are four vaccines in total available right now but I havent heard of anyone taking it aside from Beiden lol. People are still afraid and they dont trust just as I am. I have never been vaccinated in my life and doubt it will help me anyhow. I would rather drink some pills and be done with it and infect my body with bodies of some virus 

I don't think it will help you Roger.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Providing You Know The Score :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We both had texts from our GP surgery today telling us that our vaccines will be provided by the new centre that is about to open at Epsom Racecourse. We were told that we will be contacted directly at the appropriate time and not to contact the surgery about it - OH is in the 4th group and I am in the 5th. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If you think about it, there are 😁accine to them all at the same time is a major logistical exercise. My own surgery as of this morning is still waiting for confirmed deliveries of the AZ vaccine, which is the only one they can use, but they are ready to start vaccinating as soon as they have supplies.

I see they are planning hubs at John Smiths and Elland road, lets hope you get the right one.

27 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

We both had texts from our GP surgery today telling us that our vaccines will be provided by the new centre that is about to open at Epsom Racecourse. We were told that we will be contacted directly at the appropriate time and not to contact the surgery about it - OH is in the 4th group and I am in the 5th. 

Great news for you and excellent that you have been informed.
Having previously lived in Cheam (for 55 years) and worked in Epsom (for 18 years) - it is a shame I’m no longer in that area!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Great news for you and excellent that you have been informed.
Having previously lived in Cheam (for 55 years) and worked in Epsom (for 18 years) - it is a shame I’m no longer in that area!

I grew up in Cheam! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

If you think about it, there are enormous variations in the size and locations of GP surgeries, and providing prompt deliveries of a limited supply of vaccine to them all at the same time is a major logistical exercise. My own surgery as of this morning is still waiting for confirmed deliveries of the AZ vaccine, which is the only one they can use, but they are ready to start vaccinating as soon as they have supplies.

True. I’ve mentioned before the set-up around here and I can well believe that it’s difficult to do it in very rural areas like ours. My aunt and uncle live in Stanmore, well in their 80s with some chronic conditions and haven’t heard a thing either. It’s all a mystery to me! 

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I can imagine some diehard Town fans refusing to go to Elland road.

Now that’s funny! Tell you the truth, my Dad would even be prepared to have it done in a Con club If it meant being protected and that’s saying a lot! Having said that, we don’t have any Con clubs around here any more.