More suspensions coming?

Eric told me the other day that if his birthday cruise for mar 28th is cancelled that will be another year he skips his birthday and will remain same age.  

His birthday sailing for mar 27th was cancelled last year so he declared same age then.  It's one way of staying young!

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric told me the other day that if his birthday cruise for mar 28th is cancelled that will be another year he skips his birthday and will remain same age.  

His birthday sailing for mar 27th was cancelled last year so he declared same age then.  It's one way of staying young!

Point out to him that as long as he stays the same age, 2020 will never end.😱😷😨

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Over the past months, RCI (and Celebrity) seem to be the last major cruise lines to make the cancellation announcement.

Carnival Corporation (Princess, Holland America) usually announces earlier. NCL is in the middle. RCI is the slowest if I remember correctly.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

1 minute ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Over the past months, RCI (and Celebrity) seem to be the last major cruise lines to make the cancellation announcement.

Carnival Corporation (Princess, Holland America) usually announces earlier. NCL is in the middle. RCG is the slowest if I remember correctly.

Carnival is still selling dates in March. 

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While the thought of not aging a year is appealing right now I’d gladly age 2 years to be sailing. 

I'd give up two years today to see Covid gone, forget the sailing aspect.  Now, that being said, I would still want to cruise.😉

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Carnival is still selling dates in March. 

Sorry, then I should modify my statement as "Most of the brands in Carnival Corporation, but except Carnival Cruise Line".

Current suspension period:

- Princess: till 31st March

- Holland America: till 31st March

- Seabourn: till mid-April

- Cunard: till mid-May

- P&O: till April

I hope they cancel through the end of April. Probably not realistic, but I've got a 7 nighter on Freedom in a suite on 4/11, and I'd just like to get my deposit back without loaning them another $5k for 2 months. Final payment due 1/11/21

Edited by MiniChunks
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MiniChunks said:

I hope they cancel through the end of April. Probably not realistic, but I've got a 7 nighter on Freedom in a suite on 4/11, and I'd just like to get my deposit back without forking over another $5k to let them borrow for 2 months. 

Hush, I'm april 25th and cancelled the credit card I put the deposit on. Dont know what to do. I'm hoping they extend some lift and shifts or something at the end of january so I have some options.

37 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Point out to him that as long as he stays the same age, 2020 will never end.😱😷😨

No!!   LOL!  He is staying same age from his 2019 birthday.   Not that I want to rewind.  No way...I want to fast forward to a day we are all cruising again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Hush, I'm april 25th and cancelled the credit card I put the deposit on. Dont know what to do. I'm hoping they extend some lift and shifts or something at the end of january so I have some options.

I’ve canceled or received credits on a canceled card 6 times since March.  I have to call the CC company and ask for them to send me a check.  Add about 2 weeks to the refund process. I have a new card with same company (capital one). I ask that they just credit the new account.  No can do.  As soon as they cancel my March cruise, I will get the FCC, but thee taxes and fees will be credited to the old card and will have to call again.  

• Like 1

Have yet to receive official cancellation notice for our April 19, 2021 eleven night cruise, Lisbon to Southampton. Knowing that it will not go, we did a L&S to April 24, 2022 eleven night cruise, Barcelona to Venice. Different itineraries but both are new ports for us with the exception of one stop on each sailing.

Did not want the hassle of final payment or cancelling ourselves and being assessed cancellation fees. Fortunately, the Lift & Shift feature is a valuable tool in avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and expense.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

Last thing i want is to chase cruise lines or credit card companies for a refund.  Thats why i wont book anything for a while until things settle down . 

All restrictions need to be lifted before i book a cruise again. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I’ve canceled or received credits on a canceled card 6 times since March.  I have to call the CC company and ask for them to send me a check.  Add about 2 weeks to the refund process. I have a new card with same company (capital one). I ask that they just credit the new account.  No can do.  As soon as they cancel my March cruise, I will get the FCC, but thee taxes and fees will be credited to the old card and will have to call again.  

How do you know when the refund is available at the credit card company?  Are they contacting you?

55 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Have yet to receive official cancellation notice for our April 19, 2021 eleven night cruise, Lisbon to Southampton. Knowing that it will not go, we did a L&S to April 24, 2022 eleven night cruise, Barcelona to Venice. Different itineraries but both are new ports for us with the exception of one stop on each sailing.

Did not want the hassle of final payment or cancelling ourselves and being assessed cancellation fees. Fortunately, the Lift & Shift feature is a valuable tool in avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and expense.

We have Celebrity EDGE April 18 '21 TA from Ft Lauderdale. No L&S options show as available to me or my TA. He's waiting to hear back from Celebrity as to why there aren't any L&S options. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Not that this is "news", it is just officially announced. More delays are coming and expect cancelations through May. I just wish they would get on with it sooner than later. I just found that I cannot get a refund on flights for my March cruise. So, I have to take a credit that I have no clue if I can use this year.