The Daily for Wednesday Jan 6, 2021

richwmn

6 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Homemade peppermint ice cream, yum.

Home made candy cane and chocolate gelato here. I’m about ready to spin it.
Going to share with a neighbor. It’s his and his girlfriend’s favorite flavor. For whatever reason they were not able to find candy cane/peppermint stick ice cream in the store this year. When I told him what was coming today he was a little concerned about freezer space. But then decided if there wasn’t enough space, that he would just put it in his tummy.😉

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

Good Evening!  Late to the party, and I really don't know why.  Will miss the penguin pictures, but now Antartica is on my wish list for a cruise.  And, I agree, none of us are on any sort of cruise at the moment.  I should have been in Hawaii today!  Copper, your pictures brought a tear to my eyes!

I decided when I took my Christmas tree down that I would leave the Nativity sets up till Epiphany, so guess I have a job in store for tomorrow.  Been continuing to work on the "facts and figures" that are at my disposal for anticipating getting my taxes done.  Need all the forms to arrive from various entities!

Prayers for those in need, and congrats for those celebrating.  I am joining others in prayers for our beloved country.  This is surreal!  

• Like 14

Rich and Roy, thanks for your daily reports. Thanks to others for their comments, photos and humour.

Here January 6th is twelfth night.

Am re organising how I store the Christmas Decorations, so will take a few days to put them all away.

We have a  warm sunny summer day.

Stay safe and well everyone.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Av8rix said:

And I actually prefer our Pier 2 berth because it's right across the street from my favorite sushi place in the Waterfront Plaza.  I'm always ready for REAL sushi after the 5-day crossing from the USA.

Pier 2 did not have much to offer, besides your Sushi restaurant of course 😉 , but a parking lot and a bus stop in front on Ala Moana Blvd - I sat on the bus bench for an hour and no bus came by, so I took a cab to take me to Ala Moana Center for lunch at a restaurant there 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Here's something nice to cheer us all up.  The most beautiful sunset taken just a little while ago.  enhance

Wish I was there!

Wow!   That is spectacular.

To those who are now thinking of Antarctica - GO!   That cruise still reigns supreme with me.  What an experience.   I spent most of the cruise not believing I had the good fortune to get there.  Most people in this world never step foot on a cruise ship, let alone get to Antarctica.  I have been blessed.

• Like 13

@StLouis Cruiser

That sunset is spectacular.

You Antarctica photos and cruise report are wonderful. You have inspired us to  research the options for a late 2021(vaccine dependent) or 2022 sailing. As our vaccine rollout here in Canada is starting quite slowly, suspect it will be 2022. We are not booking any international  trips until it is apparent that international  travel is safe and for this sailing, that cruises to Antarctica have resumed. At that time we'll jump right on reserving. Have been researching the various lines with smaller ships that do Antarctica sailings which include stops on the continent. Seabourne is definitely in the running.

Sending thoughts to our US neighbors (neighbours for canadians) that calmer days will prevail.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Av8rix said:

I also love beans in my chili.  I'm actually from Dallas but thanks to Mother Boeing I live in Washington State now.  And that means that I can put the beans that I love in my chili and invite friends to share without fear of recrimination or imprisonment.  When I lived in Texas I had to eat my chili alone and was always fearful of being discovered.

We eat chili with beans, but don’t share it with others. 😜

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Late check in today. I've been moving from removing the decorations from the tree and the tv all day. Praying for a peaceful resolution and confirming the electoral votes tonight. Congratulations to Team USA. They played well and were a cohesive group for the whole game, and we couldn't break through. Blessings to all. And special thanks to all those that contribute.

Be kind. Stay safe Be kind Wear a mask 😷

• Like 9

Good Evening everyone!

Love the sunset picture it was beautiful.  Been following the Antarctica adventures beautiful pictures and it will be on my bucket list. 

Today is my birthday.  We couldn't go out to eat so Hubby went and bought me a "Blizzard" from the DQ after our dinner!  Nice splurge.  The Grandsons made me cards and the Granddaughters "face timed" with me, fun to be able to see them while talking.

This morning I received flowers from my Mom, was quite surprised and touched.  She has difficulty reading due to her eyesight but managed to order  by getting  her neighbor at the retirement apartment to help her order them (quite a feat with the lockdown/masks at the apartments).  She and her neighbor are both retired nurses and they collaborate well!

Keep safe everyone, thank you for sharing your pictures and activities!  This is a nice "neighborhood"

Denise

• Like 13

6 hours ago, cat shepard said:

We’re not?

Darn Laura, you have spoiled it for me.

We, um, we were in the embarkation lounge when I said that. We’re on board now. I just grabbed you a glass of wine to toast sailaway as we glide gracefully out of Port Everglades at the start of a Grand Voyage. Cheers! ( Whew! That was close!)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Evening everyone!

Love the sunset picture it was beautiful.  Been following the Antarctica adventures beautiful pictures and it will be on my bucket list. 

Today is my birthday.  We couldn't go out to eat so Hubby went and bought me a "Blizzard" from the DQ after our dinner!  Nice splurge.  The Grandsons made me cards and the Granddaughters "face timed" with me, fun to be able to see them while talking.

This morning I received flowers from my Mom, was quite surprised and touched.  She has difficulty reading due to her eyesight but managed to order  by getting  her neighbor at the retirement apartment to help her order them (quite a feat with the lockdown/masks at the apartments).  She and her neighbor are both retired nurses and they collaborate well!

Keep safe everyone, thank you for sharing your pictures and activities!  This is a nice "neighborhood"

Denise

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers and school workers, especially StLouisCruiser’s DD

Front Line Health Care Workers

First jab completed for summer slope and highland cruiser’s DD

A new home for Sophie

The end of political ads in Georgia

Good MRI results for JazzyV

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Summer, I'm surprised you don't have an actual appointment for your second jab.

Roy

Roy - When will you be ready to resume cruising?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Pier 2 did not have much to offer, besides your Sushi restaurant of course 😉 , but a parking lot and a bus stop in front on Ala Moana Blvd - I sat on the bus bench for an hour and no bus came by, so I took a cab to take me to Ala Moana Center for lunch at a restaurant there 

Isn't there a regular shuttle bus to the Center when a ship's docked at Pier 2? I was able to grab a shuttle in the parking lot last time we were there (my husband didn't want to go to the "mall"). However the signage was poor and the parking lot was large, so I had to run to catch the bus before it quickly took off again after dropping off a group about 50 yards away!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

Late check in today. I've been moving from removing the decorations from the tree and the tv all day. Praying for a peaceful resolution and confirming the electoral votes tonight. Congratulations to Team USA. They played well and were a cohesive group for the whole game, and we couldn't break through. Blessings to all. And special thanks to all those that contribute.

Be kind. Stay safe Be kind Wear a mask 😷

I wish our politicians were watching.  The hockey teams were the ones setting the example.

roy

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jimbo59 said:

Roy - When will you be ready to resume cruising?

With a vaccine on the horizon I'll likely be "ready" soon after it actually happens.  Maryland expects to start vaccinating those over 75 late this months.  Then another month for the second jab and a few more days for it to really kick in.

Roy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Evening everyone!

Denise

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your “new year” !

306596C1-920E-4845-8B27-432C786B4269.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

We, um, we were in the embarkation lounge when I said that. We’re on board now. I just grabbed you a glass of wine to toast sailaway as we glide gracefully out of Port Everglades at the start of a Grand Voyage. Cheers! ( Whew! That was close!)

Thank you, Laura!
After the scare you gave me, you better be handing me a glass of that Chateauneuf-du-Pape from the other day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Happy belated Birthday!

• Like 1