VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

I've linked a website that's tracking the number of vaccines for the US and the entire world (you have to scroll down to see the worldwide map).

It's pretty interesting to see how things are going.  You can see, by state, how many doses per 100 population have been given, and also what % of the vaccine allocated has been distributed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

I've linked a website that's tracking the number of vaccines for the US and the entire world (you have to scroll down to see the worldwide map).

It's pretty interesting to see how things are going.  You can see, by state, how many doses per 100 population have been given, and also what % of the vaccine allocated has been distributed.

Thanks for the link ...

1 hour ago, Cruise NH said:

Good link, I am encouraged that on a % basis, NC has pulled ahead of American Samoa 🇦🇸 🙄🙄🙄.  At 49th, we have only one way to go.....I think.

5 hours ago, ClippyJoe said:

My DH and I received our shots today. On Wednesday evening, I was checking and some slots had opened up here in Tulsa. I signed us both up. We were there before our scheduled time but the only thing they checked at the door was our confirmation note showing the date and name. In all, it took  a little over an hour. The lines were long but moved pretty steadily. It seems pretty hit or miss about finding an open time slot. Whenever I had the computer up, I would check and there they were, open slots.Go figure.

Same here in OKC - hit or miss.  Just lucky to get a slot for the two of us last Thursday.  Quite a crazy process but worked out well for us.  Cannot wait for the second one on Feb 4.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Meanwhile DH and I printed out our "You are eligible" messages that are required when you go to your appointment.  

Well, at least yours went through and you received the message and were able to print it.  I keep repeatedly filling it out, then when I click the "Review and Submit" button I keep getting the "Bad gateway" error message.  I guess I'll just keep trying.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Av8rix said:

Well, at least yours went through and you received the message and were able to print it.  I keep repeatedly filling it out, then when I click the "Review and Submit" button I keep getting the "Bad gateway" error message.  I guess I'll just keep trying.

Oh no 😞  Yes, keep trying!  I did it 2 hours after Inslee announced we were moving forward, maybe it got bogged down later in the day. 😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Good link, I am encouraged that on a % basis, NC has pulled ahead of American Samoa 🇦🇸 🙄🙄🙄.  At 49th, we have only one way to go.....I think.

LOL, my county every year ranks as the second worst in NY state (the Bronx is always the worst) in being healthy. We also have only one way to go, UP.

At 8:00pm (Pacific) Monday I received an email from health care provider that Covid-19 vaccine was available. After about 1 hour, I was able to reserve a time slot for me for Wednesday evening for Dose 1.  Spent the next 2 hours with DH looking for another time slot - no luck.  The sign up was onerous, which is odd, considering we have used the same health care group for many years.  Message now is:

Appointment Cannot be Scheduled

Thank you for your patience. All COVID-19 vaccination appointments are currently full. We will notify you when we receive more doses and open more appointment slots.

15 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Oh no 😞  Yes, keep trying!  I did it 2 hours after Inslee announced we were moving forward, maybe it got bogged down later in the day. 😞 

If you have ever seen a doctor at UW you can set up appt. through ECare.  If you don't have that account, you can set one up.  Just go on UW Medicine for info.

36 minutes ago, Galley Slave said:

If you have ever seen a doctor at UW you can set up appt. through ECare.  If you don't have that account, you can set one up.  Just go on UW Medicine for info.

Yes, I learned that last night -- and my daughter, bless her heart, set one up for us.  BUT big news just now, she got us appointments down in Tacoma for Feb. 1!!  I can't believe it, I've been looking all over.  🙂  

• Like 5

After too many dead ends, including registering online for WA state, a miracle happened today.  We received a phone call in response to the message that I left yesterday on our local health department's phone.  We now have appointments for vaccines on Saturday at our local North Olympic Peninsula high school.

May your turns also come soon.

Barbara

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Yes, I learned that last night -- and my daughter, bless her heart, set one up for us.  BUT big news just now, she got us appointments down in Tacoma for Feb. 1!!  I can't believe it, I've been looking all over.  🙂  

Update, we now have appointments sooner and a little closer for us.  Tuesday at Swedish in Seattle.  🙂  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Here in Oklahoma all the people I know that are over 65 will have the first shot this week or next at the latest.  Looks like they are making good progress, even if the process is a mess.  

I finally applied at every hub in the state of Texas within 100 miles of my location.  3 days later I have my appointment.  The pharmacists I have spoken to are at wits end.  It seems they all got the equipment but are not getting vaccines.  The hubs are finally starting to get daily doses.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 9:27 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Florida has been rolling it out in Publix supermarkets, convention centers ,and they are starting Monday at testing centers .

Not all counties, unfortunately.  8 days ago I finally got registered after 8.5 days of dialing a number.  Waiting for a call with an appointment time and place.  Understand I am one of 30,000 so might wait a few more weeks.🤭

Doing a happy dance ... well at least a virtual one.

Just had a call from the Dept. of Health to set an appointment for tomorrow morning! Mentioned DH had registered several minutes later and the fellow managed to find him on the list as well. Even though we were within the first 10,000 (of 50,000) registered in the county, less than 3,000 doses have arrived each week. We need to travel to other side of town, but at least an empty mall space is now being used. More than 50,000 would have registered, but that's all that would be taken - it was done by phone and online.

Yesterday morning I read the online paper while waiting in Publix's queue - it re-opened at 6 AM. I think there was a queue for each state - FL, GA, SC. After an hour, some FL counties changed from "Appointments Available" to "Fully Booked." At 6:23 AM, Marion County showed as booked. Each store was to have 125 doses and the county has 17 stores. Left the queue at that point.

With over 100,000 county residents 65+, it's going to take quite a while to get us vaccinated.

Will continue to wear mask and social distance.

• Like 2

It seems NY state, at least my county, is not vaccinating non-residents like Florida. The site my DW registered us on says it is for county residents. Participants are supposed to either bring a mortgate statement or a rent receipt.

Received Dose #1 (Pfizer) last evening AND while waiting the 15 minutes for any reaction, was able to access DH' s account and secure an appointment for his Dose #1 for Saturday.  The set up worked well,  thank you health workers and volunteers, tears "stood in my eyes" after receiving the vaccination. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norseh2o said:

Received Dose #1 (Pfizer) last evening AND while waiting the 15 minutes for any reaction, was able to access DH' s account and secure an appointment for his Dose #1 for Saturday.  The set up worked well,  thank you health workers and volunteers, tears "stood in my eyes" after receiving the vaccination. 

We also live in north county San Diego  .We have not gotten any word on the vaccines being available to us .We are both 82 & have underlying medical conditions ,yet we have not seen any location to get the vaccinations ,even the first shot . Where did you get your hots & are you a health care worker ? 

33 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We also live in north county San Diego  .We have not gotten any word on the vaccines being available to us .We are both 82 & have underlying medical conditions ,yet we have not seen any location to get the vaccinations ,even the first shot . Where did you get your hots & are you a health care worker ? 

Apparently there is little or no vaccines yet available for us  .We checked with the county of San Diego 

18 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Apparently there is little or no vaccines yet available for us  .We checked with the county of San Diego 

From what we can  gather information  is that few states have adequate supplies  . There gas been a huge let down in the numbers  of vaccine shots available & actually given out  through out the  USA .The numer I recall is that 20 million people would be vaccinated before end of 2020 & that did not even come close to happening