Compulsory offshore excursions due to Covid with P&O

angeliquer

2 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

What Government database? The vaccination record will go on your medical records which are confidential and not shareable to private companies. 

Which is only as it should be. Regardless of the rationale behind it, I would be extremely annoyed if any part of my medical history was made available to any third party for whatever reason. By all means allow me to access my own records, and print off what is required, but no third party access.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Hope all are well...speaking of slogans, I'm pleased that the "Jab and Go" adverts have been taken off air by the advertising standards authority. 

Refuse no cruise has a certain ring to it, very good!

Not as good but worth sharing...

"Do you have an aversion to an expensive P&O excursion ... well book now and eventually pay more!"

This would also be accurate (ish) but less popular marketing tool/device.

My qualm with the current approach is that unless it changes, the actual costs of excursions on the my forthcoming cruise have (and will) go up in price, not down, and the choice is restricted, the latter point I can understand.  This is based on actually reviewing the current cruise personaliser.   

No 3 for 2, no buy now pay later, no use your FCC, no fixed price package, blah blah.  Anyway unfortunately I think it will be cancelled anyway so it's a moot point 😤

As said multiple times now, new, lower priced excursions will be released 8 weeks prior to sailing if your cruise still has these restrictions in place. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It's bound to be 8 weeks,  as the balance date after June is 12 weeks!!

As discussed also, they can’t plan these new excursions too far ahead as they don’t know the rules and procedures for each country yet. 

The likelihood is that if your October cruise still has this restriction Jean, they will probably reduce your final payment date too to balance this. They’ve done it until the end of June at the moment to give a few months of return to sailing (not saying they will sail but it’s currently on sale) and to give confidence to guests in their protocols, if restrictions continue so will there flexible approach I’m sure. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, joeecco said:

As said multiple times now, new, lower priced excursions will be released 8 weeks prior to sailing if your cruise still has these restrictions in place. 

Try these🔨📣, it might help😉

Avril

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Thanks for that.  It's obvious really.  There will be no travel without one I'm sure.

Yes, it matters not one jot what the government say, if other nations introduce such a requirement UK citizens won't be going there. Pretty much stuffs the foreign holiday industry including cruising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Which again the Government denied would happen.

The app appears to be a speculative development from a private company, plus app is no use for anyone who doesn’t have a smartphone.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vaccine-passports-zahawi-trials-report-b1786375.html

41 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Which again the Government denied would happen.

The app appears to be a speculative development from a private company, plus app is no use for anyone who doesn’t have a smartphone.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vaccine-passports-zahawi-trials-report-b1786375.html

Surely everyone has a smartphone now!!📱

2 hours ago, joeecco said:

Yes, we all know that and I have no problem with that at all. But I still think that cruisers should be able to cancel their booking and get their deposit back if they decide that the cost is too much for them, especially those who booked before Covid19 emerged. 
I don’t know whether you’ve cruised with teenagers (3 in our case which also meant 2 cabins) but believe me, add a few excursions and the overall cost will rocket. We always accepted that, and we would pick and choose excursions carefully for some stops and would just mooch around in some other ports.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Yes, we all know that and I have no problem with that at all. But I still think that cruisers should be able to cancel their booking and get their deposit back if they decide that the cost is too much for them, especially those who booked before Covid19 emerged. 
I don’t know whether you’ve cruised with teenagers (3 in our case which also meant 2 cabins) but believe me, add a few excursions and the overall cost will rocket. We always accepted that, and we would pick and choose excursions carefully for some stops and would just mooch around in some other ports.

You’re absolutely right, and that’s probably the correct legal position, depending very much on the terms and conditions agreed to at the time of the actual booking.

It’s very likely that P&O will take their usual hard line on claims, but they can be persuaded, with application and perseverance.  😉

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Really?! I don’t think so. 

About 84% of the UK population have them, I'm one of the 16% not spending an average of 2 hours plus  a day on one!

Edited by Adammara
grammar!
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Which is only as it should be. Regardless of the rationale behind it, I would be extremely annoyed if any part of my medical history was made available to any third party for whatever reason. By all means allow me to access my own records, and print off what is required, but no third party access.

Why would you be more unhappy about your covid vax data being available to selected hospitality companies, than giving car park tyrants access to your DVLA data?

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Why would you be more unhappy about your covid vax data being available to selected hospitality companies, than giving car park tyrants access to your DVLA data?

I also totally unhappy about the DVLA flogging my data to cowboy car park companies as well. 

I consider both to be an infringement of my civil liberties. 

And "selected hospitality companies" [selected by who?] soon becomes selected insurance companies, selected restaurant chains etc.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zombatar said:

Surely everyone has a smartphone now!!📱

I only got one recently, when the writing was on the wall that they would be necessary for things like tickets etc, and I'm not exactly ancient, nor a technophobe. I use it occasionally but, because I touch type at a pretty decent speed, I find using tablets and phones painfully slow compared to using a laptop with standard keyboard. As for people ringing you when you're shopping etc, not for me thanks. It's turned off.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I think having the option to move your booking is more than fair given the circumstances. They are a business at the end of the day, not a charity. 

• Like 1