TELL ME ABOUT THE REFLECTION

elaineb

Since it has not yet been revolutionized it still has the Solstice Deck open to all on Deck 16 forward - rather than the Retreat on Equinox for suite guests.  There are about 7% more passengers, but no increase in crew or public spaces. So slightly more crowded but not a major problem

They added additional cabins on deck 12 by moving the pools from deck 12 up to deck 14 and creating a new jogging track and Mast Grill on deck 15 instead of deck 14 - thereby keeping the public space the same.

Other than above, the Reflection is very similar to the Silhouette - with the two upper deck restaurants - The Lawn Club Grill and The Porch. 

I agree about the Aqua Class- quite a bit more crowded.  We ended up eating much later than normal so we could have a quieter experience.  I do have to say, though, that I definitely noticed the extra people while onboard - primarily in the bars at night.  There were many nights we could not even find a seat.  To put it in perspective, though, it was a Mardi Gras cruise so the music in the bars was of a higher quality than normal.  Also, IMHO it was probably a bit more of a party crowd than your average Celebrity cruise.

OP - don't want to scare you off though.  Overall she is a very nice ship and we had a great time on our cruise.  

We have enjoyed sailing on the Reflection several times.  Reflection is the newest of the S-class ships.   It definitely feels  more crowded than other S-class ships.  The additional cabins on Deck 12  and 14 is one reason.  Unfortunately, the Sky Lounge has been reduced in size in order to house additional suites.  There are some fantastic specialty restaurant on the ship including the Lawn Club Grill.  

We sail in Aqua class and the Blu restaurant is definitely more crowded than other ships.  The tables for 2 are really close-so close that the wait staff cannot go between them.   

I would definitely sail on the Reflection.

7 hours ago, elaineb said:

We have been on the Summit, and had to cancel a cruise on the Equinox in 2020.  Now we are on the Reflection in November.  Give me all your tips, thoughts and loves on the Reflection!  Thank you!

we sailed Reflection a few years ago in Aqua Class and enjoyed it.  still "traditional" in fee but not crowded.

I see that you are in NPT- we live there as well

We loved our Reflection cruise!

The only time we really found Reflection busier was pool side on sea days. 

However, knowing the ship and how best to enjoy it we had a strategy that worked for us. We would go for a swim in the Solarium when we were ready, no rush. We would leave our overclothes on the side so we were not taking up a sunbed wanted by someone else. After our swim we would slowly stroll to the sunset bar dripping dry and then sit in the sun and fully dry with a nice drink in our hands. If we still needed a towel on arrival there is a stand at the side. At 11/12 am we always found a seat in the sun although most of the side shaded seats would have gone. After fully drying and enjoying a nice cocktail we would head to The Porch for lunch. It is extra cost but so worth it! Never too busy but with the ambiance of a Mediterranean cafe...The menu isn’t too heavy but very tasty. I really enjoyed the seafood tower with sangria to wash it down...Obviously doing this you miss the buffet on its busiest days too. Sea day afternoons poolside would start clearing about 3/4pm so if you wanted a late afternoon swim beds became available, we never bothered afternoons preferring to enjoy our balcony.

Alternative sea day strategies if you are a ‘sun bed person’ are to get up early if you want a prime position sunbed or head off up the stairs from the pool area and search out a bed there. There are also cabanas for hire at a daily rate. These were busy on sea days but quiet the rest of the time.

We did enjoy some time poolside but this was on port days where we were not doing excursions, simply getting of the ship for a short walk or not getting off at all. On port days the pool area didn’t get busy until about 2pm.

We did enjoy the range of speciality restaurants on board. From the comments of Aqua class guests if you were considering upgrading to Aqua for a better dining experience you may do better booking a standard balcony and then using money saved for a dining package. We were in a suite but mainly dined in the speciality restaurants. On the few occasions we visited Luminae it was no busier than on other ships, obviously other suite guests who spent more time there may have had a different experience.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keesar said:

We have enjoyed sailing on the Reflection several times.  Reflection is the newest of the S-class ships.   It definitely feels  more crowded than other S-class ships.  The additional cabins on Deck 12  and 14 is one reason.  Unfortunately, the Sky Lounge has been reduced in size in order to house additional suites.  There are some fantastic specialty restaurant on the ship including the Lawn Club Grill.  

We sail in Aqua class and the Blu restaurant is definitely more crowded than other ships.  The tables for 2 are really close-so close that the wait staff cannot go between them.   

I would definitely sail on the Reflection.

I agree, as we only sail Aqua class. we noticed Blu being busier, tables close together....a non issue for us. but i hear all these complaints about wait times, which we have yet to experience. Wait time was never more than 5-10 min.  we had friends who waited much longer at the main dining room.

Always visit the Lawn club grill

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, highway180 said:

I agree, as we only sail Aqua class. we noticed Blu being busier, tables close together....a non issue for us. but i hear all these complaints about wait times, which we have yet to experience. Wait time was never more than 5-10 min.  we had friends who waited much longer at the main dining room.

I like it when the place is quite and not that populated. Its always better to avoid other people especially when you are on a get away on a cruiser in the sea. I also hate waiting in line.. its very irritating 

16 hours ago, elaineb said:

We have been on the Summit, and had to cancel a cruise on the Equinox in 2020.  Now we are on the Reflection in November.  Give me all your tips, thoughts and loves on the Reflection!  Thank you!

We really enjoy the Reflection.  The Silhouette and Reflection our favorite celebrity ships and we have been on all.  We enjoy the Lawn club grill, our favorite ship restaurant .  We also enjoy the lawn itself and typically take a cabana for a few days-  The other areas of the ship similar to the other S class ships.  Only exception is the sky lounge, which is smaller as they took a large section of it to make new suites.  But really ample room.  

Service great- and the cabins and suites are also great.  Not sure if they have updated the suite deck or Michael's club yet.  But the suite deck on the Equinox was disappointing at best. Never used it- it was hot, and no facilities for cooling down.   The edge has a great bar, lunch menu, a small pool and great seating- so the S class has a to try to duplicate it.   No with no revenue, not going to happen.

4 hours ago, lydnsyd said:

Just discovered that the interconnecting cabin doors are internal unlike the other S Class ships which are external

Darn.  I read that the doors were external.  Maybe a switch is in order?  For those of you with connecting cabins, how noisy were they?  I like things quiet.  TY.

7 hours ago, lydnsyd said:

Just discovered that the interconnecting cabin doors are internal unlike the other S Class ships which are external

I believe the true corner afts (Sky Suites) have external connecting doors...so this can make a difference on this ship for these cabin locations.

11 hours ago, highway180 said:

Your cruise really differed from ours.  During peak times - 7-8:30 - there were lines out the door every single day of 10-12 couples waiting to get a beeper to wait some more.  One of the issues, on our cruise at least, was that the maître d refused to turn away any suite guests regardless of how crowded it was for the AQ guests.  (I know this because our very frustrated, stressed out waiter told us).  Had the maître d followed the rules perhaps it would not have been as bad.

7 hours ago, elaineb said:

Darn.  I read that the doors were external.  Maybe a switch is in order?  For those of you with connecting cabins, how noisy were they?  I like things quiet.  TY.

The last time we had an internal connecting door we could hear our neighbours conversations & arguments so didn't fancy going through that again  This time we have booked one of the end (SV type) cabins  9384 as I believe they have external connecting doors.

There are other cabins on the ship that don't have any interconnecting doors

Edited by lydnsyd

51 minutes ago, lydnsyd said:

The last time we had an internal connecting door we could hear our neighbours conversations & arguments so didn't fancy going through that again  This time we have booked one of the end (SV type) cabins  9384 as I believe they have external connecting doors.

There are other cabins on the ship that don't have any interconnecting doors

If that's one which connects with the corner aft S1 Sky Suite yes the connection is outside your door.   It's really like a large private hallway which leads to these 2 cabins.  The entrance to this private hallway is a locked door which both stateroom keys unlock before getting to your stateroom door.   Sometimes this door is propped open for convenience.   But very quiet.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

If that's one which connects with the corner aft S1 Sky Suite yes the connection is outside your door.   It's really like a large private hallway which leads to these 2 cabins.  The entrance to this private hallway is a locked door which both stateroom keys unlock before getting to your stateroom door.   Sometimes this door is propped open for convenience.   But very quiet.

Exactly what I thought when I booked a sky suite on Reflection.

7 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Your cruise really differed from ours.  During peak times - 7-8:30 - there were lines out the door every single day of 10-12 couples waiting to get a beeper to wait some more.  One of the issues, on our cruise at least, was that the maître d refused to turn away any suite guests regardless of how crowded it was for the AQ guests.  (I know this because our very frustrated, stressed out waiter told us).  Had the maître d followed the rules perhaps it would not have been as bad.

We would also  have to wait if we went during those peak times.  As mentioned, the maitre d' plays a big role determining whether suite guests will be allowed to dine in Blu.  On the Reflection, there were 5 tables for 2  from the window to the aisle whereas on the other S-class ships there are 4.  This makes it difficult for the servers but I guess it promotes conversation between tables. 🙂

We were on the Reflection 4 times --- She's a great ship, as are the other " S" class ships . 

I could care less whether a door opens inward or out , whether there are 4 " or 5 " between tables, the staff to passenger ratio , what deck the pool is on ,or a whole bunch of other " nitpicking " things. 

To avoid waiting in line at the MDR or in Blu ( Aqua class ) --- make a reservation ahead of time for each day and show up on time--- Your table will be available within a minute or two.

Never had a complaint -----Just go and enjoy---

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

We were on the Reflection 4 times --- She's a great ship, as are the other " S" class ships . 

I could care less whether a door opens inward or out , whether there are 4 " or 5 " between tables, the staff to passenger ratio , what deck the pool is on ,or a whole bunch of other " nitpicking " things. 

To avoid waiting in line at the MDR or in Blu ( Aqua class ) --- make a reservation ahead of time for each day and show up on time--- Your table will be available within a minute or two.

Never had a complaint -----Just go and enjoy---

No reservations are accepted in Blu. We have been on Reflection several times in Aqua class and have rarely waited for a table for 2, and when we did it was under two minutes. We do tend to dine later however.  We had horrendous wait times in Blu on Silhouette, but I think that was due to a bad maitre d who managed it poorly.

One thing no one has mentioned about Reflection is that unlike the other S class ships the OVC is in the same deck as the pool and not one deck above. I like this set up better. 

We have cruised on Reflection several times. Initially Aqua class, but in a Sky Suite the last two times. As others have commented, there is an increase of Aqua and Suites class folks. As in Blu, Luminae is relatively crowded such that we had to wait most evenings for seats at Dinner. Also there is an overhang for the balcony’s on deck12 such that you can not view the stars or clouds. Given this it is unlikely we call book on Suites in Reflection again.

43 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

No reservations are accepted in Blu. We have been on Reflection several times in Aqua class and have rarely waited for a table for 2, and when we did it was under two minutes. We do tend to dine later however.  We had horrendous wait times in Blu on Silhouette, but I think that was due to a bad maitre d who managed it poorly.

One thing no one has mentioned about Reflection is that unlike the other S class ships the OVC is in the same deck as the pool and not one deck above. I like this set up better. 

With due respect- we were in Blu a few times and on leaving the first night the Hostess asked us what time we “ expect “ to come for dinner each night .

I told her (  7-7:15 ) , handed her a little “ Thank You “ and our table was always ready within a few minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

With due respect- we were in Blu a few times and on leaving the first night the Hostess asked us what time we “ expect “ to come for dinner each night .

I told her (  7-7:15 ) , handed her a little “ Thank You “ and our table was always ready within a few minutes.

We have had the same experience, always very accommodating. That is the main reason we always book Aq. Same experience on all S class ships.

As I said, we didn't wait at Blu on Reflection except once for only about 2 minutes. The only less than ideal experience we had in Blu with wait times was on Silhouette due to a maitre d that was not a good manager. We did try to make reservations but found that we didn't need them. We always show our appreciation with a nice "thank you." Reflection is our favorite or the S class though. 

Edited by Luvcrusn