Are Pinnacle Club members allowed into the Suite Lounge on Oasis?

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The SL's on H&S have a much superior snack area. You'll enjoy that. 😁

A challenge for the CK manager is keeping SL patrons out of the eating area where the O&A bar is.  It's kind of a gray area where SL stops and CK starts. 

That would be assuming they will have a snack area when they restart or how long it takes to phase it back in.   We are booked on S and H in November..

• Like 1

Heard the rumor that the suite and Pinnacle lounges become a Pinnacle only venue when high numbers of valued Pinnacle guests are on specific voyages.

Suite guests may order all CK food plus specialty restaurant food for consumption in their respective suites plus they will be offered free drinks to order in their suites. I think that's a big step forward for suite guests when indeed implemented. Cross fingers.

As a lazy suite guest I believe that's also a great way forward to interact and mingle suite guests with the "ordinary" people in all lounges on board (free beers and wine 24/7 for suite guests in all bar venues). 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Heard the rumor that the suite and Pinnacle lounges become a Pinnacle only venue when high numbers of valued Pinnacle guests are on specific voyages.

Suite guests may order all CK food plus specialty restaurant food for consumption in their respective suites plus they will be offered free drinks to order in their suites. I think that's a big step forward for suite guests when indeed implemented. Cross fingers.

As a lazy suite guest I believe that's also a great way forward to interact and mingle suite guests with the "ordinary" people in all lounges on board (free beers and wine 24/7 for suite guests in all bar venues). 

Sure makes sense. A Suite Lounge where Suite Guests are not permitted. 😂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:39 PM, island lady said:

Teeara...meet Bucky and I in CK for lunch in Barcelona!  You will see why.  Relaxed lunch, no dragging your carry on around, or trying to stuff them under the table in the WJ.    🙂 

I might take you up on that, Pat!  Not planning to drag stuff around.  Only thing I'm hoping to bring onboard at embarkation is my backpack and check everything else.

Question:  What time does it open and how do we get in if we don't get our room cards until 1 pm when we get access to our rooms?  I remember seeing a scanner outside CK on one of the other ships.

6 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Then that goes back to my one question about offering a discounted package.  If they are going to do that, why not just give the UDP and Drink Package to GS and above.  But, that would take away a nice benefit of Star Class, other than Genie.  I know there are some other perks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Thanks for the morning laugh. 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

Then that goes back to my one question about offering a discounted package.  If they are going to do that, why not just give the UDP and Drink Package to GS and above.  But, that would take away a nice benefit of Star Class, other than Genie.  I know there are some other perks.

How would that take away a Star Class perk ?  Giving something to one person doesn't take it away from another.  As a frequent SC cruiser I would never be "offended" or think something had been taken away from me just because they gave it to someone else, too.  Perhaps it might make the specialty restaurants a bit more crowded but with the Genie SC will always get their first chance at specialty dining.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

How would that take away a Star Class perk ?  Giving something to one person doesn't take it away from another.  As a frequent SC cruiser I would never be "offended" or think something had been taken away from me just because they gave it to someone else, too.  Perhaps it might make the specialty restaurants a bit more crowded but with the Genie SC will always get their first chance at specialty dining.

It's a zero-sum world for some I guess. If too many people owned Bentleys then some of them would want to own something better. Exclusivity.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Ah okay so at what point will Royal let suite customers know that the SL becomes Pinnacle only for this sailing?  I'm sure after final payment.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Ah okay so at what point will Royal let suite customers know that the SL becomes Pinnacle only for this sailing?  I'm sure after final payment.  

If they're going to make the SL for Pins only (unlikely, IMO) then they're going to need to rename it !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Would diminish be a better word?  It's just one of those really nice additions for the SC suites.  Other than the obvious fabulous suite.  Basically, everything is included and you have a personal Genie, which I think is a really great selling point. Those are the only items not available to Sky other than the Genie.  But, like you said, the Genie does take care of everything, so the entire experience is different.

Other lines often offer free drink, dining, and tips for cruises, and those are available to everyone if you book by X date.  Not just a Suite.  (I am not talking about the luxury lines, have not been on one) However, most lines don't have anything like the Royal Suite Class offered on Oasis and Quantum class ships.  I think RCL has stepped that up a notch and I for one like it.  I wish some of the amenities were offered on other RCL ships, like the free wi-fi. 

Several valid points on the thread and as John said, RCL needs to figure out how to handle the problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Teeara said:

I might take you up on that, Pat!  Not planning to drag stuff around.  Only thing I'm hoping to bring onboard at embarkation is my backpack and check everything else.

Question:  What time does it open and how do we get in if we don't get our room cards until 1 pm when we get access to our rooms?  I remember seeing a scanner outside CK on one of the other ships.

On boarding day, the door to CK is open, just walk in. You might have to show your boarding pass if the host doesn't know you.

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

About the same time they lit Pins know there are to many booked to let them use the facilities😉

Seriously though, in our case we were notified pre sail on both the President cruise and Allure TA that accomodations were being made to facillitate the large number of Pins sailing.

Allure TA was very nice. Happy Hour in Dazzles, Pins only

Breakfast and lunch were in CP150 with the CK menus. Once again, Pins only

Dinner in CK was limited to just a couple visits.

Some Pins not happy, oh well. Can't please everyone. 

Pins were allowed in the SL. I thought that was odd, but not my decision.

FWIW, I booked Star Class because I knew they would apply some restrictions. Turns out I would have been fine with how they accomodated their most loyal cruisers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1