Southampton
Zaandam

Torquay UK
Eurodam Anchorage

0331Europe.thumb.png.6c8838066c305686927b8fa7ee48cf9f.png

0331USA.thumb.png.a0981be4255d196d40319b1789efb306.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good Wednesday morning.  Happy Hump Day.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

I've never been in a dance marathon.  And haven't been to Paris (yet).  But I'm sure I have some crayons around here somewhere. 🙂

Love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds like something we'll have next week. 

The drink of the day is a great suggestion.  I hope the wine is good too.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Tenerife, another place I need to visit.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Thank you for the last of the March Dailies, Rich.  I know I've been to Tenerife but not with HAL.  Eiffel tower is really nice.  I'll pass on the Dance Marathon and the Crayons.  Cooper's saying is interesting.  I like the ham, the asparagus not so much.  My alternative is Pineapple, Kiwi, Strawberry Passion Fruit Cup, Prime Rib of Beef, and Peach Crisp as served on MS Zaandam March 31, 2017.

https://aroundamericabitbybit.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/dishes31.jpg

Today's care list:

Have not heard from Gsel since September 20

myself facing cardiac surgery

NextOne DH facing chemo

St. Louis Cruiser DMIL

Rest in Peace Krazy Kruizers

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard raven82

Welcome back fatcat04

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates                
Front Line Health Care Workers

Quaetzite Cruiser settled in

HorizonChaser1957's cancer free friend

First jab for Wednesday for sailingdutchy

Final jab for Overhead Fred, raven82

Nieuw Statendam coming to Everglades Saturday

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Probably a bit early to sound the alarm but @erewhon hasn't posted since about Saturday.--Just rechecked and he posted on the AustNZ forum yesterday.  Noted the passing of @Kiwi Kruzer

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the Daily!!!

We always have crayons on hand for our grandson.

We spent a wonderful afternoon people watching by the Eiffel Tower, munching on baguette. Great memories.

• Like 16

Good morning, everyone.

First, Happy Birthdays to those that celebrated yesterday.  And, congratulations to all of you with marriages that flourished when they were predicted to flounder.  I'm glad you didn't listen to advice on that issue!

I will never be in a dance marathon, so we can scratch that one off.   I have used crayons and I've been to the Eiffel Tower on numerous occasions.  The last time I was there was when I took a group of students to Europe.  I decided not to go up to the top with them and to wait until my sisters were all with me later in the summer.  Unfortunately, that morning I fell and severely sprained my foot.  So, I sat in the hotel with ice while they toured around.  

Today's meal sounds pretty good.  I'm not a ham fan, mostly because I don't like the texture.  The flavor is great.  I'll eat it if it is overcooked to dry it out a bit.  I think it is because they inject those store hams with a ton of stuff and it makes it rubbery.  I've had ham straight from the pig and that was good.

I'm off to Toledo today to deliver some materials to some of my people there.   It will be good to see them again after more than a  year.  The one thing about working in a small all volunteer non-profit is that the others become your friends as well as co-workers.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/asparagus-ham-dinner/

Asparagus-Ham-Dinner_EXPS_THAM17_14208_B11_08_5b-3.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the “Hump Day” Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Another interesting collection of days.  The Eiffel Tower is so unique and impressive.  We were glad to have had the opportunity to see it up close and in person when we did.  I think many of us enjoyed crayons in our youth 🙂 

LOL on the Cooper quote.  

The meal suggestion sounds great.  Love asparagus and ironically we just had it the other night and ham 😉 

We’ve been to some of the least visited Canary Islands along with the more popular ones with the exception of Tenerife.  We were scheduled to be there last year but that cruise was not to be. 😔 

@StLouisCruisers I hope your news on your MIL is better today 🙏🏻 

I think I have my hands full today.  Some of my begonias are way too tall for their tiny pots so they are going to have to be transplanted.

23282DDF-586E-4CC7-A39D-E6A71AA8AE9F.thumb.jpeg.221afab70d0a8ef40e4a24f44d556e80.jpeg

And some of my seedlings are also too tall and some a trifle leggy so that they too have to be transplanted.  Just a few of them.  My other sunny windows are full too!

9675CBEC-8CAB-4E7C-B72B-B38719E90A1D.thumb.jpeg.042f63317bf937ad9b1f344fe4df6bef.jpeg

B2D775D0-B08C-4A3D-8AD1-5C36EF25A2AF.thumb.jpeg.0efdc5a46f74af1d7d38556e61922394.jpeg

Pretty sure you can guess what I will be busy doing today 😉 

The big question is where do they all go?  😱 

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

988C526C-A5B1-4C9B-B4F6-FF0363C29E31.jpeg.01c79c35eee32eb1ed5e43a517cf0492.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

First, Happy Birthdays to those that celebrated yesterday.  And, congratulations to all of you with marriages that flourished when they were predicted to flounder.  I'm glad you didn't listen to advice on that issue!

I will never be in a dance marathon, so we can scratch that one off.   I have used crayons and I've been to the Eiffel Tower on numerous occasions.  The last time I was there was when I took a group of students to Europe.  I decided not to go up to the top with them and to wait until my sisters were all with me later in the summer.  Unfortunately, that morning I fell and severely sprained my foot.  So, I sat in the hotel with ice while they toured around.  

Today's meal sounds pretty good.  I'm not a ham fan, mostly because I don't like the texture.  The flavor is great.  I'll eat it if it is overcooked to dry it out a bit.  I think it is because they inject those store hams with a ton of stuff and it makes it rubbery.  I've had ham straight from the pig and that was good.

I'm off to Toledo today to deliver some materials to some of my people there.   It will be good to see them again after more than a  year.  The one thing about working in a small all volunteer non-profit is that the others become your friends as well as co-workers.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/asparagus-ham-dinner/

Asparagus-Ham-Dinner_EXPS_THAM17_14208_B11_08_5b-3.jpg

That looks good!

• Like 10

Good morning everyone. We’ve been to Paris and to the tippy top of the Eiffel Tower where the view was spectacular. Loved Paris and would love to go back.

As a kid, mother, and grandmother, I’ve had lots of experience with crayons, but don’t think I have a single one left in the house.

DH s only reaction to his second jot was to be tired. He managed yesterday to stay awake for a condo board meeting from Florida and to take his painting class and then he took a nap. Hopefully, that’s the end of his reaction.

Ive been playing mahjong on line against the computer and occasionally picking up a game with people I don’t know, but who come from all over. Yesterday, the 2021 card came and it has all new game requirements so now I have to learn all the new hands. It’s good exercise for my brain and keeps me busy.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 22

Good  morning  to  all. It  is  hard  to  believe it  is  the  end  of  March. I  salute  the  days but  have  not  been  to  Paris(yet). Or  Tenerife. I  will  be  packing  a  bag  to  travel 5  hours  to  see  DS  and  family  on  Friday and  I  am  so  excited  that  I can hardly  sleep. Ham  has  been  promised  for  Easter  Sunday.

Have  a  wonderful  day  everyone.      Terry

• Like 21

Great memories to start the day!  

We’ve had several unforgettable trips to Paris.  I vividly remember my first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower. 🥰

We spent a day in Tenerife on a Celebrity cruise, and saw some spectacular rugged scenery.

Thanks to all, and stay safe!

• Like 19

Happy Wednesday, Dailyites and thanks once again to those who contribute.  

National Crayon Day brought a smile.  I bet every one of us can remember a time when opening a brand-new box of 64 colors was like opening a world of opportunity!  

💛💚💙💜❤️🧡

• Like 23

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A wild combo of days! I love to dance, but a dance marathon sounds like work to me. Been lucky enough to see the Eiffel Tower at various hours of the day and night. It is magical, and hard to believe that Parisians once thought of it as an eyesore. I have crayons and washable markers galore - at least for a few more years. Once the 5 year old outgrows them.....

Thank you for our lists, Roy & for keeping tabs on folk. Hope @Gselis just very busy in her caretaking role. And happy to read you “found” @erewhon & he is well.  

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Jacqui, I burst out laughing when I saw the pics of all your seedlings! You will indeed be busy! The quote seems to be more of a joke, than a quote.  But I can always use a smile. Meal sounds good. The name of the drink sounds like something Voltaire would drink! 

My windows are getting their Spring cleaning as I type. The layers of pollen are coming off! Woo hoo! I will have a 50 minute dance marathon in my Zumba class this morning. 😎 That is enough. Scallops and roasted veggies for supper tonight. 

Prayers for all who need our support. @StLouisCruisers, Sandi hope your DMIL gets her feistiness back soon. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

It has been awhile since we had a wine out of my price range. But what a wine! Look at these ratings! So the price tag of $139.99 might be justified!  You might be able to find it for less locally. The reviews are for the 2018 vintage!

100 Points James Suckling– This is a very thoughtful Seña that shows unique aromas of warm earth, mushrooms and conifer, turning to dark berries and black olives. The palate is more glamorous with ultra-fine tannins that envelop your palate. Shows power and vibrancy at the end. Toned muscles. It’s a very intellectual wine that harkens back to the 2015. Blend of 55% cabernet sauvignon, 18% malbec, 15% carmenere, 7% cabernet franc and 5% merlot. Beautiful to try now, but better after 2023.

98 Points Robert Parker– The 2018 Seña shows the fresher side of the Ocoa zone of the Aconcagua Valley through a Bordeaux blend of 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Malbec, 15% Carmenere, 7% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot; there are small differences, but nothing substantial. As I’ve seen in other wines from the very complete 2018 vintage, the grapes ripened thoroughly and achieved more flavors and nuances, and the wines are slightly higher in alcohol (14% this year versus 13.3% in 2017, but in reality it’s 13.8% ). But the wine seems to have more of everything. The grapes fermented in a combination of stainless steel and concrete vats and matured in new barriques and Stockinger foudres for 22 months, a similar formula as the one used for Viñedo Chadwick. This is a very elegant vintage of Seña, a year with a slow ripening so that the grapes achieved very good ripeness and full development of aromas and flavors, making the wine nuanced and complex, with depth but also freshness and finesse—floral and expressive. The tannins are very fine, polished and elegant, and the wine is long and complex, mixing the best f 2015 and 2016, coming through as a very complete year. It’s still a little young and should develop nicely in bottle; it’s approachable now, but if you can hold it a little bit more, it should be even better. This has to be the finest vintage of Seña to date. Comparing it with the Chadwick from the same year, there is more freshness and a little more complexity and clout coming form the cooler zone and the palette of varieties used that give more options to achieve more nuance.

• Like 26

Good morning all and thanks to the whole gang of Dailyites who put this together every day.

We were in Tenerife in November 2019 and went on a four wheel drive tour led by a Dutch guy, so was an extra treat.  Were very impressed to have a beautiful day and drive from being in the clouds to above the clouds. Attached is a picture of the volcano, Mt. Teide above the clouds.

Teidi volcano Tenerife.JPG

• Like 27

Good morning all!

I don’t dance-period, no marathons for me. Love crayons (64 count with built-in sharpener, my dream as a kid). Loved the Eiffel Tower, went to Paris with youngest DD for my 50th birthday; my birthday cake was a slice of tuxedo cake at a cafe in the Louvre.

I could hear my husband in that quote.

I am craving the alternate meal from @rafin - prime rib, peach crisp, yum, yum, yum.

Typical Missouri weather here, yesterday 70 & sunny, tonight a freeze warning. ☹️.

Prayers for all on the care list and cheers for all we have to celebrate. 

St Louis Sal

• Like 23

Happy Wednesday.  Like others I've never been in a dance marathon.  Would love to visit Paris.  Have a picture of DD in front of the Effiel Tower from a visit to a friend in France.  As an elementary teacher I've been around crayons most of my life.  The meal sounds good, will tuck that away for another time.

Prayers and toasts to our lists, happy the celebration list is so much longer than the prayer list.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Sazerac:

The Sazerac is a local variation of a cognac or whiskey cocktail originally from New Orleans, named for the Sazerac de Forge et Fils brand of cognac brandy that served as its original main ingredient. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Rye whiskey or Cognac, 1/4 oz Absinthe, One sugar cube, Three dashes Peychaud's Bitters
Preparation: Rinse a chilled old-fashioned glass with the absinthe, add crushed ice and set it aside. Stir the remaining ingredients over ice and set it aside. Discard the ice and any excess absinthe from the prepared glass, and strain the drink into the glass. Add the Lemon peel for garnish.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 8.25.08 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Remember yesterday’s fuzzy eagle triplets?

Look at our 9+ week old twins from Southwest Florida.....

232E8955-04F1-4185-9F1A-86E8B4059267.jpeg.a037666cc0dc023be2a3737851290856.jpeg

And our 50+ day old Northeast Florida eaglet...

073F203E-11EA-492E-927F-8EBF2ECEB587.jpeg.516152da91228ab04aa82cf02b6867ca.jpeg

No more fuzzies on any of them.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28

Happy Wednesday morning!  Thanks to all for your concern over my DMIL.  We will be getting news later after the hospice nurse visits and evaluates her and that is around lunch time.  Yesterday she fed MIL her lunch since she couldn't see well and was hungry, of course.  I really want to hear she can see better and speak better too.  I wish we could run over and visit, but since I don't live 4 miles away like other close relatives do, I can't.  😪

Been to Paris briefly and saw the beautiful Eifel Tower but never went up to the top there.  That would be a good travel goal for us.

We've been to Santa Cruz de la Tenerife twice in 2018.  Once on the Prinsendam Grand Africa and Mediterranean voyage in March-May and a December Pacific Princess transatlantic.  Our only cruise on that ship and she is no longer with Princess.  What a shame all these small ships moved on.  I think I'll look for some photos and share them later.  @surfcitygirlthank you for that beautiful pic of the mountain on that sunny blue sky day.  Just gorgeous!

• Like 22

Thank you Rich and Good Morning Dailyites!

A Sazarac, now we are getting serious. Rye whisky cocktails, one and I am flying. Dh adores rye whisky and we live on the whisky trail so we actually get asked to buy bottles and save them up for friends to pick up when they visit as our selection is so large here and even the humblest of liquor stores get all sorts of limited offerings.

I think my dad did a dance marathon once on a lark. He could cut a rug. He started dancing in high school and went to the local "5 O'Clock Hop" regularly when a teen. What's the "5 O'Clock Hop you ask. Well, think Dick Clark and American Bandstand only broadcast locally on WSMV, our local NBC affiliate, where by the way Pat Sajak got his start as a weatherman. Some trivia for your next Trivial Pursuit game, do people even still play that game? We loved it back in the day. 

I like ham. I like asparagus. Can't say I would like them together. I'll go with Roy's prime rib. 

Today is a clean up the inside of the house day since it has been so sorely neglected thanks to Mother Nature's temper tantrum outside last week. But on a happy note, our brand new canvas patio pavilion which we had literally constructed at the beginning of March and then the aforementioned tantrum lifted up and tied into a pretzel has been reconstructed by us. Some creative use of wood, metal, bolts, concrete, duct tape, and sewing over the past week and yes "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him!" Woohoo! 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 22