Best Pool Deck

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Enchantment

We took the adult kids and grandkids on a family cruise on Enchantment and, to this day, our oldest son compares all cruise ship pool decks to Enchantment, which remains his favorite. I think it was partly due to being his first cruise but also, because of the "stretch", the wide open expanse for walking around. Of course, if we had cruised when they were kids, instead of doing the Annual Disney passes, his opinion might have been different. 

If you have younger kids I would say Oasis class for sure. There are four main pools and one of them is a water park for kids. Also all the Oasis class ships have water slides except Allure. Although I didn't get to go on the adult water slides on Oasis myself because I was looking after my young kids lol.  

Another vote for Enchantment.  We fondly call it "the Enstretchment".    

When they cut the ship in half, adding more cabins in the middle, it also extended the pool deck.  Huge pool deck on that little ship...and great large bar along the side.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Ummm..yeah.  That was the joke I was making, that the ship was cut in half, installed more cabins, which gave the pool deck a "stretch" and is why we fondly called her "The Enstretchment".  😉  Sailed on her many times, and is still one of our favorites.  

See my post #12.

The effort did not pan out money wise for RCI however, so they did not elect to do that again on any other ship.  

Edited by island lady

A little off topic but we prefer to be on the promenade deck in the shade.  Quietest area of the ship, close to the ocean and no crowds away from the blaring music and games etc  I really can't see what the attraction is sitting wedged in row by row.  I have a pool in Florida and don't need to be in a crowded pool on a ship.   It's funny to see people racing to the pool deck in the morning and putting their towels down.

45 minutes ago, M&A said:

A little off topic but we prefer to be on the promenade deck in the shade.  Quietest area of the ship, close to the ocean and no crowds away from the blaring music and games etc  I really can't see what the attraction is sitting wedged in row by row.  I have a pool in Florida and don't need to be in a crowded pool on a ship.   It's funny to see people racing to the pool deck in the morning and putting their towels down.

Your answer is ... many people don't have a pool in Florida.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Your answer is ... many people don't have a pool in Florida.

Nor in the UK! The nearest we get to a pool when not on vacation is the duck pond at the local park 😁

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 1