WHEN DO YOU BELIEVE PRINCESS WULL BE SAILING FROM USA PORTS

mcrcruiser

I strongly believe that by November 1st (2021) cruise lines will be cruising in/out of U.S. ports.  Anytime before that, well I would not bet on it???  And, I would be very happy to see it sooner!

Edited by LACruiser88
Error
  • Like 5

I do not expect to see any cruise ships departing before Labor Day at the earliest.  I also feel that the CDC will try to prevent Americans from sailing out of locations such as Nassau.

We are booked for a Tran-Atlantic this November.  Last month was fairly optimistic, but not so sure at the time of this posting.

It appears that the CDC has no interest in getting the Cruise Industry back on its feet.

22 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

I do not expect to see any cruise ships departing before Labor Day at the earliest.  I also feel that the CDC will try to prevent Americans from sailing out of locations such as Nassau.

We are booked for a Tran-Atlantic this November.  Last month was fairly optimistic, but not so sure at the time of this posting.

It appears that the CDC has no interest in getting the Cruise Industry back on its feet.

In reality it is the cruise industry that is not  living up to what the CDC proposed to protect every one  on ships & land  . 

• Like 6

My guess, several cruises from Florida & California after labour day. After start up they cannot hesitate to take immediate measures if there is an outbreak on-board like there was March 2020. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are booked on Ruby Alaska  ,Sept 7 ,2022 R/T from SF ,a 10 day cruise . We trust before then we could all sail   sail from  any USA port . What is your opinion ? 

Your problem is not whether the CDC permits sailings from US ports but whether Canada opens their ports.  Your ship has to sail into Canadian waters and stop at a Canadian port and Canada shows no signs of opening up.

DON

• Like 4

2 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

If the sailings don't sail out of US ports, how can the CDC stop sailings out of Nassau.  Nassau is an independent country and is not regulated by US regulations.

DON

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

If the sailings don't sail out of US ports, how can the CDC stop sailings out of Nassau.  Nassau is an independent country and is not regulated by US regulations.

DON

which is also why Sint Marteen is being utilized instead of St. Thomas

Was just reading on Norwegian board that they have been notified that many cruises out of US up to mid November  have been cancelled so I would not count on any cruises originating from US sailing before November.

12 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Your problem is not whether the CDC permits sailings from US ports but whether Canada opens their ports.  Your ship has to sail into Canadian waters and stop at a Canadian port and Canada shows no signs of opening up.

DON

....and I could say that can depend on the CDC permitting sailings from US ports or whether the US amends the requirement to visit a foreign port. Don't put all the blame on Canada. The OP asked about Sept/22...and Canada has made no reference to anything that far in the future.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

DON

September 2022 is a long way off, and I suspect the situation in Canada will be much different by then.  Canada is set to overtake the U.S. in terms of % of population with at least one vaccine dose within about a month, and will likely overtake the U.S. in % of fully vaccinated people some time this summer.  Once 80% or so of people are vaccinated, I think Canada will be much more open to allowing cruise ship stops.

I still say October of this year.  But the CDC needs to step up their game and actually give some guidance rather than a check list.  IMO, they can start working towards test cruises as early as mid-June.

• Thanks 1

I don’t want to turn this thread into another COVID19 vaccine debate but I don’t see Carnival Corporation resuming operations with unvaccinated crew members.  

I attended a Princess webinar last year and the representative said none of the cruise lines can afford to have a COVID19 outbreak onboard a ship or it will the end of cruising as we know it.

Over the next few months the cruise lines should be able to purchase vaccines directly from the manufacturers for the crew members and then complete the CDC simulation voyages.  

My best guess is a November 1st resumption of operations with 50% or less capacity and crew members not sharing rooms.

34 minutes ago, westcoaster said:

September 2022 is a long way off, and I suspect the situation in Canada will be much different by then.  Canada is set to overtake the U.S. in terms of % of population with at least one vaccine dose within about a month, and will likely overtake the U.S. in % of fully vaccinated people some time this summer.  Once 80% or so of people are vaccinated, I think Canada will be much more open to allowing cruise ship stops.

My mistake.  I read the OP's sail date as 2021 and not 2022.

DON

2 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

My mistake.  I read the OP's sail date as 2021 and not 2022.

DON

Don we decided not to do any travel except land travel this  year . We have 3 land trips starting in Sept 2021 & we are vaccinated  . We have a Hawaii cruise on HAL Feb 2 ,2022 from SD  ,then the Sept 7,2022 Alaska cruise on Ruby Princess from SF  ,then April 2023 on Carnival Panorama from Long Beach  April 2023  . We are hoping we can go on the  Feb 2 ,2022 Hawaii 18 day cruise ,a easy lift to SD port which we are close 

25 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I don’t want to turn this thread into another COVID19 vaccine debate but I don’t see Carnival Corporation resuming operations with unvaccinated crew members.  

I attended a Princess webinar last year and the representative said none of the cruise lines can afford to have a COVID19 outbreak onboard a ship or it will the end of cruising as we know it.

Over the next few months the cruise lines should be able to purchase vaccines directly from the manufacturers for the crew members and then complete the CDC simulation voyages.  

My best guess is a November 1st resumption of operations with 50% or less capacity and crew members not sharing rooms.

Princess start sailing from Southampton in 95 days, non of the crew ( maybe most ) are not vaccinated 

I'll go with late summer/early Fall. My guess is that will be with reduced capacity, so some potential passengers are not going to be happy.   I believe my New Year's cruise is safe.