Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0614Europe.thumb.png.a026edd5dc267225ab771d1684b4ebfd.png

0614USA.thumb.png.4bc12f721dfe95aef171e197281bbd1b.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Interesting collection of days, I guess I'll "monkey around".🙂

Great quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good, maybe I'll make a run to the supermarket to get some salmon.

Not sure about a drink with candy floss.  Hope the wine is good.

Sending a virtual hug to @rafinmd as he celebrates the life of his dear brother, and one month since his surgery.

Prayers for us all.

Have a great Monday.  Stay safe.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Flag Day Daily, Rich.  I'll probably do some monkeying around today although there won't be much time for it with a Doctor visit, haircut, and back to back church and fire department meetings.  Dragon boats are very interesting.  I think I've been to Puerto Chacabuco but not sure.  I love the Thoreau quote but will pass on the Salmon Taco.  My alternative is Sim Ripened Pineapple Delight, Basel Crusted  Veal Rack, and Tiramisu as served on MS Prinsendam June 14, 2015.

Care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews

StLouisSal’s weakness and fall injuries

bennybear’s SIL diagnosed with aggressive cancer awaiting surgery

mamaofami DH Sam in rehab until about 6/27

Kazu’s foot

Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery

Tana’s fever returning

and my brothers birthday and 4 month anniversary of his death

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/yukon.jpg

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale

TiogaCruiser on a camping getawauy

Sam released from hospital

Congratulations to the University of Oklahoma who won the Women’s College World Series last week!  

highland cruiser on a road trip

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

Interesting collection of days.  We hold Dragon Boat races here to raise money for cancer and our flag flies every day.  I loved to celebrate Monkey Around day.

A0E20778-CCE7-4C20-AA74-59B52CA37B9F.png.5b30749b52cb7c01dd46297585f72585.png

Love the quote by Thoreau. Meal recommendation is a good one.  Maybe tomorrow night with the leftovers?  Tonight is cedar planked salmon on the bbq.

Hoping @rafinmdcan find some solace today in the memories of the good times with his brother.

We have been to Chile but not to this port.  Looking forward to hearing about it.

Whether he hurt my foot or not, Marley made his position clear yesterday 😉 

BD45C741-1A2F-4A3E-B522-FF19390EB3B1.jpeg.b851f5228e3db22edebc9ac172fa2a48.jpeg

Garden Club participants, I join you in the challenge of moles and voles.  Life was simple when I had my cats as they would kill them and leave them as a gift at my door for me.  Once we no longer had them, I had unwanted visitors in my yard.  I quickly discovered it was grubs that attracted them.  Once we started to get grub treatments, the moles and voles disappeared as they went in search of better pickings 😉 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

Have a great Monday everyone!

AA887B83-9639-4237-87DD-577E2AAB1D99.png.7a3e9c102147ecd396a8fb1e7d6f552a.png

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning, everyone!   I'm glad we are celebrating Monkey Around Day as I have elevated that to an art form.  

I thought we were all set for Alaska in September, but when into the United website to check seat assignments and found they have no record of our flight from Chicago to Seattle.  That's kind of a long way to walk, so I guess I will spend part of the day on the phone with my PCC.   Funny thing was the flight was there the day before and it shows on the HAL website, but United can't find it.

Today's meal is a good one.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-salmon-tacos-3742574

919966428_roastedsalmontacos.jpeg.027e3418ee0f5efe1897ad72482fc805.jpeg

Off to the pool.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good morning and welcome to a new week.  Thank you for the updates. Prayers for those in need, comfort to those who are mourning, hearty congratulations to those celebrating. 

I really enjoyed my time in Chile (by land).  It is definitely a land of contrasts.  You forget how remote it is until you get there.  I remember my guide/driver was completely unfamiliar with trial by jury.   She had heard the term but drilled me for a couple of days on how it really worked. It came up as I had just finished jury duty.  

• Like 24

Good morning everyone.  Nice collection of days, Flag Day is a close friend’s birthday so I always remember both.  I like today’s quote and the meal suggestion sounds very good.  I made the yellow gazpacho for dinner yesterday and it was delicious.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  I’ll be quite busy at work today so no time to monkey around for me.  Prayers to all on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating an event today.

• Like 24

The only ship I have been on in mid June is the Prinsendam in 2015 but fortunately I had good weather in that period. On June 14 we were at sea and had a cloudy morning but decent sunset:

dusk0622.jpg

Roy

• Like 33

Good morning.  I've never been to a Dragon Boat Festival.  Flag is flying in the front yard.  No Monkeying around.  DH would love the Salmon Tacos.  I love the quote and try to live my life by it.

Prayers and toasts to our lists. (Virtual hugs Roy)

I looked all over for today's drink.  Found many using Candy Floss syrup.  You can make your own or buy it from various companies. 

Stay safe, social distance, and continue to wear your mask.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Quite the trio of Days. 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Thinking of you. I will toast Roger’s life this evening. Morning Dailyite family! Another inspiring quote. Debbie that recipe looks amazing, though I will skip the cukes. Summer, I am fairly certain candy floss would make the drink too sweet. Has anyone had one of these drinks?

Yesterday’s plans were overruled by a day of Tstorms and rain! We had more than an inch of much needed rain by the end of the day. Getting Bindi out was a bit of a challenge, since she hates getting wet. One would think I was asking her to cross the Amazon the way she looks at me, when we head out into a light rain. She does love getting towel dried though. 

Early class for me. A bit of food shopping. Looks as if a bit more rain is in our future, so who knows what else I will do. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Quinta da Rede 2018 Grande Reserva White (Douro) Portugal

This wine sounds lovely, but it might be quite a treasure hunt looking for it outside of Europe. I found one online International distributor who offered a bottle for $13.49. Shipping would add a bit to that price, of course. 
92 pts Wine Enthusiast - Defined citrine color, with green undertones. Complex aroma, with a balanced hint of oak, tropical fruit and white flowers. It's a fruity and fresh wine, with a pleasant volume in the mouth and that shows a good and delicate structure with a pleasant finish.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Happy Flag Day to all!  We were up early and I got a picture of the sky just before the sun rose.  The view is across the fairway.  enhance

Chinese Dragon Boat Festival day reminds me of a visit to see my grandsons in Ann Arbor, Michigan and they were were holding dragon boat races on the river there.  We had a good time watching them.   Then we let the boys "monkey around" on the playground. 🐵

I have not been to Puerto Chacabuco, Chile before so that just means I can look forward to it in the future.  Always try to look at the bright side of things.

Prayers for all on the Care list and cheers for those on the Celebrations list.  Special thoughts go out to Roy on his late brother's birthday and being one month past his heart procedure, doing well.👍

• Like 36

29 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Quinta da Rede 2018 Grande Reserva White (Douro) Portugal

This wine sounds lovely, but it might be quite a treasure hunt looking for it outside of Europe.

If you are in Europe, any of the wines from Douro river and valley area are very good.  I haven’t had this one in particular but I tasted a few when we were in Portugal.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We've enjoyed watching the Dragon Boat races held over the years; like @kazu mentioned, teams raise money for breast cancer research.  I have my small Pride flag flying in one of the flower pots in front of our house for the month of June, and when you're retired, every day is Monkey Around Day!

@rafinmd will be thinking of you as you go about your busy day today, with special thoughts and a toast tonight to your dear Roger.  Let the memories of of good times shared bring out the smiles.

Things are moving quickly on the Covid vaccination front here; starting at 8AM today, anyone age 50+ can get their 2nd jab, and on Thursday, the age  limit is lowered to 45+.  Now, let's get the rest of this country doing the same!

Another hot day on the "frozen tundra", so we'll be firing up the grill for dinner again tonight.  While I don't have salmon, I do have chicken breasts that will be stuffed with basil pesto and chopped ham.  Along with baked potatoes and grilled veggies, that will keep our kitchen cool and our tummies happy.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Toasting all on the celebration list with either the wine or Aperol, or maybe both!  Stay safe, be well, wash your hands and wear your masks!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 27

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Flag Day Daily, Rich.  I'll probably do some monkeying around today although there won't be much time for it with a Doctor visit, haircut, and back to back church and fire department meetings.  Dragon boats are very interesting.  I think I've been to Puerto Chacabuco but not sure.  I love the Thoreau quote but will pass on the Salmon Taco.  My alternative is Sim Ripened Pineapple Delight, Basel Crusted  Veal Rack, and Tiramisu as served on MS Prinsendam June 14, 2015.

Care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews

StLouisSal’s weakness and fall injuries

bennybear’s SIL diagnosed with aggressive cancer awaiting surgery

mamaofami DH Sam in rehab until about 6/27

Kazu’s foot

Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery

Tana’s fever returning

and my brothers birthday and 4 month anniversary of his death

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/yukon.jpg

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale

TiogaCruiser on a camping getawauy

Sam released from hospital

Congratulations to the University of Oklahoma who won the Women’s College World Series last week!  

highland cruiser on a road trip

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thanks for your lists, Roy. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you Rich for our Daily. Roy we are going to toast your 1 month recovery tonight, and celebrate Roger's life. 

Sandi, beautiful sunrise picture!

We have an all weather flag and proudly fly it every day. 

We had a lovely Sunday brunch with friends downtown Georgetown. The weather is sticking to mid 90's, so it was pretty warm on the square. I love our little town. 

Have a blessed day. Cheers and prayers. 

• Like 24

Good morning Rich and all DAILYITES!   Thanks to Rich for the Fleet report.   Nice to see the Nieuw Amsterdam staying up in the US.  I look forward to the day she is making trips North to Alaska. Hopefully the long night mirror of the shutdown is coming to an end.  Have a good day my friends and thanks for your contributions.

• Like 15

We stopped in Puerto Chacabuco, Chile, which is a small industrial port, while on our 2018 Ryndam South American cruise.  We took an excursion which involved a bus ride through rural Patagonia.  We first stopped at a waterfall and then at a small museum along the Simpson River. Before stopping at the city of Coyhaique, we stopped at an overview where we could look down on the city and the surrounding countryside. After spending 30 minutes walking around the town, we had a light lunch prior to returning to the ship.

CD40318B-3220-43E6-B855-2A4E3393A45A.thumb.jpeg.55a67ad27902720d222ea116c25f8140.jpeg

5576B948-7A10-4F4D-9841-62C93B7C68EC.thumb.jpeg.cf1dd77fd53561d962a1aa7338ec8d97.jpeg

C64E6344-ECCF-43BE-BBD3-1A9B268A76DF.thumb.jpeg.889d860a4160c93fa5ef41cffc4ae516.jpeg

7C21CB3A-90BB-4076-976B-12DD66C32DF4.thumb.jpeg.e6e613289aa22803359724b37d2ed4cc.jpeg

70FCF17D-AD54-4A19-A39F-41741F0AAAB9.thumb.jpeg.4dd515a1f30741d6dbc6769465c469df.jpeg

4DEF363A-D769-4A9A-9745-488891CB2523.thumb.jpeg.f3452c1a62d90f7ab3c2fb66371df264.jpeg

B109E28A-8150-4B97-9736-AA2B4F76AD10.thumb.jpeg.d6b36fdb3669978e886ff4d105920d27.jpeg

5C8E0323-23CA-4507-B5E7-E1184FF58FA6.thumb.jpeg.1f9d6ffd16679a1ced88229bc61cd3fa.jpeg

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Things are moving quickly on the Covid vaccination front here; starting at 8AM today, anyone age 50+ can get their 2nd jab, and on Thursday, the age  limit is lowered to 45+.  Now, let's get the rest of this country doing the same!

We’re not going by age at all, now Gerry.

We did at the beginning for the very senior people but then it was “anyone who had the first vaccine by April 1st” could register which covered most of them.

Today, registration opened up for anyone who had their first vaccine before May 1st.  I got in the lineup this morning first thing and got appointments for DH and myself.  Amazing to see how many were waiting to get into the website in our little province.  Looks like most want their vaccinations 👍 .

• Like 28

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

Today, registration opened up for anyone who had their first vaccine before May 1st.  I got in the lineup this morning first thing and got appointments for DH and myself.  Amazing to see how many were waiting to get into the website in our little province.  Looks like most want their vaccinations 👍 .

I'm so glad you were able to book appointments for the two of you - one step closer to being able to board those BHB's!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 16