Odyssey cancelled through July 25

So after I was told the cruise was cancelled I did a lift and shift to a cruise next year and the nerve that Royal Caribbean wants to charge me $100 for the tax increase.   They moved from one ship to another and then cancelled and expects people who have been completely inconvenienced to actually pay taxes on the difference.  I am becoming less of a fan of Royal Caribbean every day.  Not sure if others feel the same way.      

16 minutes ago, yanks23 said:

So after I was told the cruise was cancelled I did a lift and shift to a cruise next year and the nerve that Royal Caribbean wants to charge me $100 for the tax increase.   They moved from one ship to another and then cancelled and expects people who have been completely inconvenienced to actually pay taxes on the difference.  I am becoming less of a fan of Royal Caribbean every day.  Not sure if others feel the same way.      

I've been fine with tax adjustments due to L&S.

They've gone both ways

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Exactly, not enough time. Royal should have started the process earlier 

How would you have suggested they start earlier? It probably took them that long to get the vaccines for the crew. I’m sure they would have started earlier if they could have. 🙄

• Like 3

Just now, harkinmr said:

Agreed. They warned folks over and over again. Continue caution and protocols for 5 weeks with Pfizer, 4 weeks with Moderna and at least 2 beyond J&J. Apparently RCI didn’t listen either. Go figure. 

Do you honestly think it is reasonable for RCI to keep 1400 people in their cabins for 5 weeks?  I mean... seriously? They had protocols in place on board and did the best they could. That is really all there is to it. Humans cannot (and should not) isolate for weeks on end with no social contact, especially in an enclosed environment like a ship.  Humans are not robots. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Do you honestly think it is reasonable for RCI to keep 1400 people in their cabins for 5 weeks?  I mean... seriously? They had protocols in place on board and did the best they could. That is really all there is to it. Humans cannot (and should not) isolate for weeks on end with no social contact, especially in an enclosed environment like a ship.  Humans are not robots. 

Seriously?  Non-essential crew can be quarantined for long periods of time and have been since cruising restarted last Summer. They did the best they could?  Sounds like they may not have. Now they’ve got yet another month of cancelled cruises and more crew quarantines. Or maybe it’s just not feasible to restart without infections amongst crew and passengers? Go figure. Gee, I thought it was all going to be no big deal.  

These guys signed on knowing full well what it was going to be like. And it’s not going to get any easier. Heard crew were telling guests on Celebrity that they hadn’t been off the ship in 4 months!  Not just no time to run errands ashore. NOT OFF THE SHIP! Are people really that deluded into thinking this is some simple exercise to get them on their cruise vacations?

Edited by harkinmr

57 minutes ago, yanks23 said:

I thought with L & S it would be price protected? To me that’s not price protected if they are wanting you to pay more taxes. 

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

I thought with L & S it would be price protected? To me that’s not price protected if they are wanting you to pay more taxes. 

The L&S price protection was always only for the base fare.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I thought mostly all the crew were in balcony cabins during the lay off? Not that many in crew cabins until they get paying customers.

I think this is how it’s been from what I’ve read. Hopefully every crew member regardless of “status” was in a passenger cabin with a balcony. 

I was booked on the July 3 sailing.  Yesterday I woke up to my Ticket Booklet with luggage tags available on my account on their website to print  and now, a day later, they cancel it plus all sailings for more than the next month?  Seems like they could have used this to test their protocols for isolating covid positive cases and still sail.  Especially when the crew vaccinated should be past the 14 days for full effectiveness in 3 days.  Why was Celebrity Millennium able to handle their two covid cases and not miss their next sailing?  This was my third cruise cancelled -- so disappointed.

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The L&S price protection was always only for the base fare.

I didn’t know that since I chose to get refunds on my cancelled cruises. Since I was moved from Indy to Odyssey with price protection I wonder if I will have to pay any tax differences? This wasn’t a L & S. I guess I will find out when the new invoices are sent.

40 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

How would you have suggested they start earlier? It probably took them that long to get the vaccines for the crew. I’m sure they would have started earlier if they could have. 🙄

Since Odyssey was just brought over a few weeks ago 6/6/21 I believe, then crew getting vaccinated shortly thereafter, I would think that they would have s hot he first sailings to commence after the two week window of crew being fully vaccinated - somewhere in the ballpark of 7/15ish.

1 hour ago, yanks23 said:

I’m guessing most people don’t feel this way including myself. You do realize that Royal doesn’t control or keep the taxes and port fees? Why should they be on the hook for them? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fredric22 said:

Well tell that to the Princess passengers who were trapped on board in quarantine for 21 days.

• Like 3

I heard that the ones that tested positive had not had their 2nd shot as yet, just the first dose 

I also saw that even if you are vaccinated some island/ports may still ask for a negative test as with the Adventure of the Seas sailing.  

On the Celebrity sailing, a fully vaccinated cruise they still had to do a test because of entry requirements.  2 tested positive, and by what I read by the cruisers  on the ship they handled it well.  The two were the only ones that tested positive and we’re not showing any symptoms.  

It’s going to happen, if they test even the vaccinated cruisers.  The vaccine is supposed to make sure you have mild if any symptoms, so my question is why are we testing, requiring testing of  individuals that are vaccinated?  They don’t test people after they fly if they don’t have symptoms.   Or anywhere else now, if they are vaccinated.  if they did there would be asymptomatic positives everywhere.  

On a cruise ship of 1,000 or more there is probably going to be a positive case.

if they do what Celebrity did, contract trace, test with results in a couple of hours and then provide the two who tested positive, and no symptoms, transportation back home with no interruption to the cruise I will be ok with that.  

I believe correct me if I am wrong, but all ports have agreements with the cruise ships that they will allow the positive cases to disembark at the very next port and not sit out at sea like the craziness of last year, and the cruise will continue.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BSocial said:

We need a “What would you rename Odyssey OTS ?” thread. 
Might  be entertaining to read. 

Cobwwebby OTS

Since none of these vaccines are working like they said - Right? I feel like we're going to have to start ALL OVER AGAIN with something else!! Novavax is the answer with nanoparticles, seriously??

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/06/powerful-new-covid-19-vaccine-shows-90-efficacy-could-boost-worlds-supply

Edited by Beeline Cruiser

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I just saw the ad for upcoming story too.  Suspect they will only have part of the story.

The Biden-Putin meeting seems to have taken over. Maybe the segment on Odyssey won't happen?