The Daily for Thursday Jul 01, 2021

richwmn

CanadaFlags.thumb.png.99b21112cee23da665703a3df91596a1.png

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian Readers

Today is Canada Day / Dominion Day, Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day, and International Chicken Wing Day

First Law of Bicycling:
No matter which way you ride, it's uphill and against the wind.

Meal suggestion for today - Grilled Seafood with Linguine

Drink of the Day - Sidecar

Wine of the day - Austin Hope 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon (Paso Robles) Central Coast

Destination of the Day - Icoaraci (Belem) Brazil

At Sea Pacific
Nieuw Amsterdam drifting off Baja California
Westerdam destination La Paz MX eta 7/2
Zuiderdam drifting off Baja California

Augusta IT
Eurodam

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

La Paz MX
Koningsdam
Noordam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Stiffup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0701USA.thumb.png.460a4b241b846b152980cf42a21e242f.png

0701Europe.thumb.png.12041b597016ac4d4a90c2cae3435c63.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Canada Day!

Very amusing law.

The dinner suggestion sounds good, but I think we'll BBQ some steaks!

I'd love a sidecar in the Crow's Nest. 🙂  Hope the wine is good too.

Another port I've never been to, looking forward to seeing pictures.

Sending prayers to heal our country.

Have a wonderful Thursday.  Stay safe.

• Like 25

Thank you for the Canada Day Daily, Rich.  3 great days, love chicken wings but ice cream would be my favorite any day except Canada Day.  So true on the first law of bicycling.  I know I've been to Balem on at least one BHB.  I'll pass on the seafood linguini.  My alternative is Dive In fries which would go well with Chicken Wings.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
Pacific Northwest/BC blowtorch
JazzyV awaiting eye surgery
RIP Donald Rumsfeld
wandb sister-finished with aggressive chemo and awaiting cat scan results
Bennybear DSILrecovering from surgery for aggressive cancer
Surfside, Florida
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU

From the rotation:
Mary229's sister resting after treatment for agressive cancer
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale

Laseyv and son in Sedonia for a week

St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip

National Junior Male player of the week, top scholar, and violist Ren

USNA Class of 2025

Successful surgery for Vict0riann’s neighbor Ruth

Norseh20 on Whidbey Island

Miss Camila breathing on her own

HorizonChaser1857 visiting DS in Okanagan

Mr Boston visiting mom in Michigan

and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning:

Happy Canada Day!

It doesn't seem possible that 2021 is already half over. 

The meal sounds great but I don't think I woud pair it with  cab. The cab wold be a pre-dinner toast to all my Canadian friends. Roy's suggestion of chicken wings and freis are probably going to be popular today north of the border.

Stay safe everypone.

• Like 21

Good morning.  Beautiful sunrise this morning.  Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors. Love Ice Cream and Chicken Wings, although not together.  LOL  I agree with the bicycle quote, always seemed to be uphill.  The meal sounds delicious and I'd love some Dive In fries.

Prayers and virtual hugs to our care list (Miss Camilla doing so well) and toasts to the celebrations.

Stay safe, social distance, and please wear your mask.

Sidecar:

The sidecar is a cocktail traditionally made with cognac, orange liqueur, plus lemon juice. In its ingredients, the drink is perhaps most closely related to the older Brandy Crusta, which differs both in presentation and in proportions of its components. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 2 oz Cognac, 3/4 oz Lemon juice, 3/4 oz Triple sec
Preparation: Pour all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into cocktail glass.
Served: Straight up (without ice)
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 7.00.45 AM.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Thursday & our Canada Day smile. 🙂 

What a lovely banner of our provincial, Indigenous & national flags, Rich.  Thank you for doing it 👍 

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian Dailyites

50712E35-D5F6-4045-A798-339E41E253D7.gif.b49dcc0e4911b08f27d0d71ecb4ec606.gif

We’ll celebrate for sure with some chicken wings for DH and Maritime Sea Salt ice cream to celebrate the days.  

Love the 1st law of bicycling - it applies to life as well as bicycles 😉 

Love the meal suggestion for today sans linguine.  We have been to Brazil but not the port of the day.

Well, it’s Canada Day so you KNOW I have to have a few memes, right?

4B9CA1D8-F7D4-41FA-B71D-03D69FF41598.thumb.png.5b6c1647a4eedfecf2aaf61e4c82217c.png

Most Canada Day celebrations have been cancelled due to the discovery of the indigenous children’s graves at Catholic residential schools.  Horrific and so sad 😢 

And sadly, I’ve seen the writing on the wall and know that our October (now that HAL changed it from November) is not happening 😢. Oh well, you can’t buy happiness, right?

1F7CFC0F-1102-4B90-AC4D-80CB6D512A37.jpeg.fd75037a669e2604148201a080238166.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday and Canada Day everyone!

C079C6EF-7C8B-4290-ACA1-B751BDF197BF.jpeg.fccb02dd6ef267e7ca93eaf66dbea9ad.jpeg

Stay safe & don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Canada Day Daily, Rich.  3 great days, love chicken wings but ice cream would be my favorite any day except Canada Day.  So true on the first law of bicycling.  I know I've been to Balem on at least one BHB.  I'll pass on the seafood linguini.  My alternative is Dive In fries which would go well with Chicken Wings.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
Pacific Northwest/BC blowtorch
JazzyV awaiting eye surgery
RIP Donald Rumsfeld
wandb sister-finished with aggressive chemo and awaiting cat scan results
Bennybear DSILrecovering from surgery for aggressive cancer
Surfside, Florida
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU

From the rotation:
Mary229's sister resting after treatment for agressive cancer
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale

Laseyv and son in Sedonia for a week

St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip

National Junior Male player of the week, top scholar, and violist Ren

USNA Class of 2025

Successful surgery for Vict0riann’s neighbor Ruth

Norseh20 on Whidbey Island

Miss Camila breathing on her own

HorizonChaser1857 visiting DS in Okanagan

Mr Boston visiting mom in Michigan

and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thanks for your lists, Roy.

• Like 9

Good morning, everyone!

Happy Canada Day!

I love chicken wings and can make great ones.   My trick is long, slow cooking.  The meat is moist and slides off the bones.

The drink sounds like it is worth a try.   

I'm heading up to Michigan today, so will be on the road most of the day.   I hope everyone here has a wonderful day!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie-lee/grilled-seafood-with-linguine-3772098

2098326802_GrilledSeafoodwithLinguini.jpeg.d5aa9c847b0ad9eece86835783a4afed.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Adding my prayers for the people of Lytton, BC 🙏🏻 

They have had record breaking heat for the last 3 days (as hot as Death Valley) and have now suffered from a wildfire.The wildfire has destroyed most of their community.  😢 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 10

25 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Beautiful sunrise this morning.  Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors. Love Ice Cream and Chicken Wings, although not together.  LOL  I agree with the bicycle quote, always seemed to be uphill.  The meal sounds delicious and I'd love some Dive In fries.

Prayers and virtual hugs to our care list (Miss Camilla doing so well) and toasts to the celebrations.

Stay safe, social distance, and please wear your mask.

Sidecar:

The sidecar is a cocktail traditionally made with cognac, orange liqueur, plus lemon juice. In its ingredients, the drink is perhaps most closely related to the older Brandy Crusta, which differs both in presentation and in proportions of its components. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 2 oz Cognac, 3/4 oz Lemon juice, 3/4 oz Triple sec
Preparation: Pour all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into cocktail glass.
Served: Straight up (without ice)
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 7.00.45 AM.png

Sounds refreshing!  Thanks for the information.

• Like 4

The top of the morning Rich and all posters. Thanks for The DAILY Fleet report.  To all our Canadian posters, Happy Canada Day. My best to all who daily read and/post post on this thread. 

• Like 16

HAPPY CANADA DAY

The USA is fortunate to have such fine neighbors as our Canadian friends. Wish you all the best......and we missed many of you in Central Florida this past year. Hope to see you again soon.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all!  Like @summer slopeI saw a beautiful sunrise here in North Central Georgia today.  @dfishhoping for a safe trip for you today as you drive north to the great state of Michigan.  Enjoy your visit with your sisters!  @richwmnthank you for the Canada Day edition of the Daily and @rafinmdyou did a bang up job of compiling our care and celebration lists for July 1.  Special prayers for baby Camilla!  I plan on checking in today with a friend near Vancouver who is suffering from ALS, and wish her a Happy Canada Day.  She's a wonderful gal! @kazuyou've got some great memes to celebrate your special day up north.  I am sorry to hear about the wildfires in Lytton and pray things improve quickly there with the extreme heat you've all suffered through.  Same goes for those in the PNW.  I'm glad some of you have reported cooler temps now.

You had me at Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day!  Love ice cream!  Anybody want my chicken wings?  I'll take your ice cream if you don't want it.😋

I haven't been to Icoaraci, Brazil yet.  I don't know if that is on my upcoming South America cruise, but I know it wasn't on any of the past S.A. cruises.  Please post photos today if you've already been there.  

Have a great day!

• Like 27

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! 
Happy Canada Day!

There are some very creative ice cream flavors out there, but none that include chicken wings. Thank goodness. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Safe travels Debbie! Enjoy your Sister time. Great quote. The meal sounds delicious- with zoodles instead of pasta, perhaps. The drink sounds yummy. 

Another lovely morning here. A busy day of “stuff” that I need to get done. Nothing exciting.  Scallops for dinner tonight, I think. With some zoodles that I need to use up. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Austin Hope 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon (Paso Robles) Central Coast

This wine has excellent ratings, and is available from many online distributors with prices starting at $41.00. You should be able to find this for less locally. And if willing to wait, some reviewers are hinting that the 2019 vintage is even better, and I saw that available online for around $21!

Winemaker Notes

#7 Wine Enthusiast Top 100 of 2020

Deep ruby in color, the 2018 Austin Hope Cabernet Sauvignon expresses aromas of fresh black currants and cherries accompanied by subtle smoky notes and dried spices. On the palate, this lavish powerful wine is layered with juicy blackberry, ripe cherry, vanilla bean and brown butter. It’s full-bodied and rich, balanced by a touch of bright acidity and firm polished tannins.

WE95 Wine Enthusiast: Quite dark in the glass, this reliable crowd-pleaser begins with hearty aromas of black currant, black plum, lush oak and caramel, accented by a hint of olive and loads of clove and nutmeg. The mouthfeel is hearty and rich, with just enough tannic weight to balance the creamy black-cherry, caramel and chocolate-ice-cream flavors, which lead to an oaky finish.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all and happy Canada day. Both my husband and I are immigrants - I came as a small child with my parents in 1952, my husband as a young man in 1966. While we are truly saddened by what is being discovered at the residential schools we are still grateful for the opportunities we have had here in Canada. Hopefully we can move forward as a country in a true spirit of reconciliation and become stronger as a country. 

prayers for those that need them and cheers to those on the celebratory list. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Happy Canada Day to  our  Northern  friends!  I  will  cheer  chicken  wings and  sea  salt  caramel ice  cream as  well.

Last  night  we  had  a  severe  thunderstorm which  decreased  the  temperature  somewhat. I  made  DH  his  favorite  dinner  in  the  "crackpot" and  the  power  flickered but  stayed  on last  night. DH  loves  brisket  with  onions so  that  is  what  he  got. If  it  had  been  my  birthday  I  would  have  eaten  with  the  @bennybear family! Thank  you  for  your  best  wishes  for  DH. I  think  he  found  the  number of  years  attained alarming. DD  reminded  him  to  consider  the  alternative.

My  niece  updated  us  again  on  our  new  baby  Camilla.   She  thanks  everyone  for  the  good  wishes  and  prayers .  The  medical  staff  of  the  NICU  in  Boston  believes  she  can  be  transferred  in  about  2  weeks  to a  NICU   near   the  parents. Mama  is  driving  to  Boston  daily  and  it  is  a  traffic  nightmare. My  great  nephew  (baby's  father) has  been  at  sea  on  a  fishing  vessel  and  has  not  even  seen  a  picture  of  the baby. The  Captain  did  let  him  speak  to  both  my  niece  and  his  wife  using  the  marine  phone. We  hope  that  the  vessel  returns  by  July 8.

Again,  thanks  to  everyone  for  the  tremendous  support.

Debbie,  enjoy  your  family  visit  in  Michigan  and  drive  safely.

Terry

• Like 31

Good Morning Everyone from an overcast but warm day at the beach. 

Happy Canada Day to all our Northern Friends!   I have several friends  who live in Canada and winter here, sure missed them this past year. 

I will take ice cream of any flavor, anytime, anywhere! Not a fan of chicken wings. Have not been to todays port, looking forward to pictures.

@dfish Safe travels and enjoy your time with your family.

@smitty34877 Praying for that beautiful baby and your family.

Going to play trivia with some friends tonite. I am not that good at it but DH is. He just knows stuff! LOL

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Happy Canada Day .

It’s another humid day here but cooler than yesterday. Supposed to get thunderstorms later today.

I’ve had some creative ice cream flavors, in Juneau there was a cart along the waterfront that had Spruce Tip and another one flavored with Salmon bits( crunchy ).   There’s an ice cream shop in Lancaster Pa that makes Sweet Corn ice cream (tasted like popcorn).  
      Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.    Stay cool 

• Like 24

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Thank you @richwmn for the lovely banner and headline this morning - it was very thoughtful of you.  

Happy Canada Day to all Canadians everywhere - we are fortunate to live in such a great country.  We are not without our warts, especially since the discovery of so many unmarked children's graves at residential schools, but we experience the freedoms in our lives that so many only dream of.

Canada.thumb.jpg.7643316a89f9d294c838f6ea77076060.jpg

@dfish safe travels to you; enjoy your visit!

Love different ice cream flavours, but generally fall back to my fave Rocky Road.  I've always enjoyed chicken wings, especially now that we have an air fryer - they're quick and easy, and you can add so many different seasonings to them.  A side of Dive-In Fries?  You bet!

I like today's menu suggestion, but it won't be on our plates today.  Because it's Canada Day, and because we've all "had our shots" (it's like talking about dogs and cats), we're inviting another couple over for a barbecue this evening.  DH will do his coffee/apricot glazed pork chops, and I'll make the delicious lemon/garlic salmon.  Accompanied by asparagus and a Greek salad, that's what will be showing up on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the village and area surrounding Lytton, B.C. where everyone has been evacuated due to a wildfire.  Raising our glasses (maybe several times) to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, be well, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry  

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1