The Daily for Sunday Jul 18, 2021

richwmn

Today is National Caviar Day, National Ice Cream Day, and Women's Dive Day

Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. - Wilson Mizner

Meal suggestion for today - Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa

Drink of the Day - Bloody Mary

Wine of the day - Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve - California - Red

Destination of the Day - Zanzibar Tanzania

At Sea Gulf of California
Westerdam Destination Los Angeles eta 7/25

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Drifting

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

La Paz MX
Noordam Anchorage

Long Beach
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Piraeus GR
Eurodam Operations - Aegean Sea

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Operations off shore

Seattle
Nieuw Amsterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0718World.thumb.png.96050ebc646c3b94359bf10a7abfabb3.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Interesting days.  Love ice cream, not a big fan of caviar and I don't dive.

Love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good, but probably not for today.   Hope the wine is good,  I don't like tomato juice so someone else will have to drink my Bloody Mary.

Sending prayers for everyone that needs them.   A toast to all who celebrate.

Have a wonderful Sunday.  Stay safe.

• Like 21

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  A special salute to woman divers.  I'll pass on the caviar but love ice cream.  Love the quote.  Surprised to see Nieuw Amsterdam at anchor; I thought she was supposed to start a test cruise today.  I visited Zanzibar on my Rovos Rail Epic Journey Dar es Salaam to Cape Town but have not cruised there.  The meal sounds interesting; I'll have to see what @dfish has to say about it.  My alternative is Chilled Mixed Berry Soup and Grilled French Pork Chop as served on MS Rotterdam July 18, 2011.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU
summer slope with shingles
Lindaler close to wildfire
bennybear DSIL infection
JazzyV eye inflamation(Improving)

From the rotation:
Sharon’s mother recovering from surgery
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Amsterdam embarking on test cruise
Congratulations 17 years (plus 10) CrazyForCats
Front Line Health Care Workers
Explorer OTS housing Surfside first responders
highland cruiser at Diamond Lake
kplady on Lake George
Family trip booked for HorizonChaser1957
St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip
CatShepard in Iceland
Excellent report on Sam’s Recovery
Denise on her wilderness adventure
Occasional contributors like SuseiKIslandGirk
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Surprised to see Nieuw Amsterdam at anchor; I thought she was supposed to start a test cruise today.

by the attached map, she is only about 1.5 miles off the coast within the cove0718NADM.thumb.png.46de3b08a3c6505564ad0889328dd3c2.png

Since she is not due to sail with passengers until this afternoon, there is plenty of time to dock and then load the passengers.

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, richwmn said:

by the attached map, she is only about 1.5 miles off the coast within the cove0718NADM.thumb.png.46de3b08a3c6505564ad0889328dd3c2.png

Since she is not due to sail with passengers until this afternoon, there is plenty of time to dock and then load the passengers.

Could they be attempting to simulate a true turn around day?

Roy

• Like 14

Good morning, everyone.

There is a rumor that the sun might peek out from behind the clouds today.  That would be nice after all the rain we've gotten.  

I will pass on the caviar.  Ice cream day sounds like a winner.  Kudos to the women who dive.  I do like a spicy Bloody Mary.  This one was enjoyed on a BHB in 2018.  

20180904_170834982_iOS.thumb.jpg.08bb6468ddb7855845b3da87d63199ef.jpg

Today's meal sounds good to me!   It also sounds easy enough.   

https://damndelicious.net/2021/02/24/slow-cooker-beef-barbacoa/

Slow-Cooker-Barbacoa-Beef-10-768x1152.thumb.jpg.c74697d760904bd797b18f156048ab6c.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone from a cooler rainy Boston and thanks for today’s daily report.  Caviar doesn’t do anything for me but ice cream sure does.  Cheers to all the women who will dive today.  The quote is so true. The meal suggestion sounds very nice.  We had Friday’s cod suggestion last evening and it was delicious.  A Bloody Mary at brunch is on the menu for sure.  Haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to the photos. Prayers to everyone on our prayer list today and a toast to everyone celebrating a happy event today.

• Like 17

Good Morning:

Caviar doesn't do a lot for me but I love ice cream. There's a lot of truth in the quote. I've had good barbacoa and it is delicious. 

Looking forward to a lazy day today. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 17

Good morning to all!  It's very cloudy here this morning with drizzle or showers all around us.  Heavier rain expected this afternoon.  A good day to stay at home.

Two notes today.  Last night I spied Milady Deer with the white eye snacking on vegetation down the hillside behind our house.  If she would just keep that area mowed down we wouldn't have to pay the landscaper to clear it for us!  She seems to be doing fine.

The neighbor across the street who was moving out Friday was back yesterday with her cleaning crew there all day helping her out.  Her garage seems to be the repository of all the items her movers didn't fit into their truck Friday.  I wonder how long this move will be going on because when they all left last night the garage was still full including a refrigerator she kept in the garage for overload like so many of us do.  

Well, more ice cream on our days of celebration this week.  I'm all for Ice Cream Day!  I'll be celebrating that later today.  National Caviar Day is one my DH would like but nay for me!  Women's Dive Day is a good day for my youngest DGD who is a diver and a student of marine biology in Tampa.  When she sends photos and videos of herself in her scuba gear surrounded by sharks it scares the daylights out of me.  A very brave young woman!  She will turn 19 next Sunday. 

Not sure I would care for the menu item today.  Today's quote is thought provoking as that can be taken in more than one way.  No thanks to the drink and wine of the day.

I have not been to Zanzibar yet.  IF I ever take the Grand Africa scheduled currently for Oct. 2022 I will make it there.  I'm getting to the point I don't know where or when I want to cruise to some areas of the globe.  

Thanks Rich and Roy for the Daily and the lists of those who need our prayers and deserve our cheers to celebrate their happy events.  🙏 

• Like 23

Good morning all!

Yesterday was a rolling mix of showers, sun, thunderstorms and more sun. At one point I was on the deck talking to my oldest DD on the phone when a lightning bolt came out of nowhere! Bad day for the golfers I think.

Caviar is an acquired taste and given it’s cost, best not to like it too much. Ice cream day is quite frequent around here 😉. I do not even swim so much admire women divers. 

Dinner and wine sound good. No to the Bloody Mary. Tomato juice has it’s place, but not in my mixed drink and I prefer my celery and other veggies in a salad.

Haven’t been to the port, bring on the pictures!

Will be firing up the laptop in a couple of hours to do online church. 

Offering prayers for all on our care and concern list 🙏. And a big toast to so much to celebrate (special good luck/bon voyage to all those restarting cruising) 🍷.

Take care,

St Louis Sal

• Like 22

Good Morning Everyone from a bright and warm day at the beach

I will celebrate Ice Cream day, but do not care for caviar. Good for all the divers out there. I admire their strength and fearlessness. I have a motto - I go ON the ocean, not in it!.

Have not been to todays port, maybe someday.   It is really hard to plan.  We are booked for a wonderful trip to Australia and New Zealand beginning in Oct, 22. Not sure if the borders will be even open. Truly hope so. I would love to start booking excursions, but  I guess as long as they are all refundable, it would be ok. Must remain optimistic!

DD and I will spend the morning in the pool. before it gets too hot.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 21

Good morning everyone. Last night we had severe thunder storms and there was a tornado watch in part of New Jersey, unusual for this state, but with global warming, who knows? 
Any day can be ice cream day and yesterday my son and daughter got Sam into the store and I drove us to a local ice cream store where we all ordered and brought it home for a treat. 

Today, we’re expecting our other daughter and her son who is our piano prodigy. He’s planning to tune our piano. One of his teachers taught him how to do that.

Stay safe out there. This delta variant is scary.

Carol

• Like 24

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

I don't eat caviar but do like Ice Cream.

Some nice food and drink choices for today.

Today's quote happens quite often I suspect.

We have never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos from others who have been.

It is currently 14.00pm partly cloudy and 70°F which is 17°F cooler than yesterday.

We have just had lunch in our garden and as it's National Ice Cream day I am enjoying an Almond Magnum.

I hope everyone enjoys today and every day.

Graham.

IMG_20210718_134638.jpg

• Like 27

I noticed a bit of an oddity today.  I've been following the locations of Crystal and HAL ships.  Crystal Symphony has been in drydock in Bremerhaven and once leaving is spending a few days there before going to Boston to resume service.  Today I noticed that MS Amera (formerly Prinsendam) is just on the other side of the dock.  Two of my all time favorite ships so close together:

2ships.JPG.27ff78c92b24d376ecee3e1b78a7b372.JPG

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from central Texas where I'm not sure what the weather is going to do.  The forecast for this week has changed again -- no big surprise.  Our rain is now predicted for tomorrow not the rest of the week.  I'll believe it when I see it.   

I'm not a fan of caviar so will save our money for ice cream. DH,  older DD and our DSIL are the divers in the family.  So we'll celebrate women divers.  I prefer to snorkel.

The meal sounds interesting. DH is the Bloody Mary drinker, but prefers a Bloody Caesar.  We've had the wine of the day and enjoyed it,

We haven't been to today's port, and I'm not sure if or when we'll ever get there.  It was on a cruise in 2004 that we canceled after two ports were dropped from the itinerary.  We substituted a Cook Island-Tahiti cruise.

After a quick grocery run, It will probably be a lazy day.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 22

Ice  cream  day  is  celebrated  here  frequently. DD  is  making  ice  cream  for  us today  to  have  as  dessert  after  our  Sunday  BBQ. It  will  be  a  cook  outside(with  umbrella) and  eat  inside  affair  due  to  rainy  weather.

The  recipe  looks  very  good  but  I  would  have  to  make  another  grocery  store  trip  for  ingredients before  trying  it. Thank  you, Debbie!

I  have  been  to  Zanzibar in  my  dreams  only. I  look  forward  to  pictures to  add  to  my  imaginings.

Thanks  for  the  Daily  and  please  try  to  remain  safe  everyone.         Terry

• Like 21

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Sunday smile 🙂 

What a great collection of days - something for everyone 🙂  I do like the occasional ice cream but I’ll make the ultimate sacrifice and give my ice cream to those who prefer it and eat their caviar 😉. Love caviar and have been known to pay the surcharge and order it in the PG, too 😉 

2EF88A32-B2C5-41BE-86D6-DBFACEADF5E1.jpeg.bbe9efcc54b71dc1baed5f04eae8882c.jpeg

LOL on the quote by Mizner.  So true 😂 

I prefer a Caesar to a Bloody Mary but if I get a really spicy one on a BHB, I’ll drink it 😉 

The meal suggestion sounds good, thanks Debbie.

Garden club participants - forget the “deer don’t eat cannas”.  They might not eat my neighbours but they sure ate mine.  Go figure.

I moved it back into the fencing so it can recover.

The callas are all blooming and I love having the different colours.

113ED853-0386-4373-A124-6C601DCC2D55.thumb.jpeg.406255bf3fb06c86952f83e8976520c6.jpeg

This one didn’t photograph well enough.  It has tinges of pink with the white.  Very pretty.

1C357EEA-D57E-45FB-8E3D-4C7D180C7FF5.thumb.jpeg.bdcb56f3e891d809c25f0df8abd0e726.jpeg

D1A52BC8-A789-4332-B908-B0BDB0813C84.thumb.jpeg.e1175d05b66f071e105e02e13c38c7b7.jpeg

Another hot, humid, heavy day here.  Poor boys - we are very careful with them both in this weather.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!

F1579156-3526-495A-9078-BE5EC38E5A0B.jpeg.a7ce7f4791174e2068cb2c842a3cce81.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 31
  • Haha 1

For today I have another sunrise from the Crystal Serenity Panaflex camera.  It was taken this morning as the ship prepared for the inaugural cruise ship docking in Bimini.

dawnbimini0718.thumb.JPG.aa79bb277d83b01

Roy

• Like 30

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

I don't eat caviar but do like Ice Cream.

Some nice food and drink choices for today.

Today's quote happens quite often I suspect.

We have never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos from others who have been.

It is currently 14.00pm partly cloudy and 70°F which is 17°F cooler than yesterday.

We have just had lunch in our garden and as it's National Ice Cream day I am enjoying an Almond Magnum.

I hope everyone enjoys today and every day.

Graham.

IMG_20210718_134638.jpg

Graham, I like your cap.....and I really enjoy your pictures of your part of the beautiful English countryside. Great memories of visits to the lake district. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1