Pinnacle Lounge

Biker19

27 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I feel sorry for the Pins on Liberty using the Connoisseur Club. I went in there with a friend last year and it reeked so bad I had to leave and felt like I needed a steam cleaning to get rid of the stench.  

Was that right after one of those nudist cruises?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Wasn't the Connoisseur Club for cigar/pipe smokers. I have opened the door on LOS just to look in and the room smelled of heavy smoke.

4 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

With the temporary removal of the Pinnacles to their own lounge, if we find ourselves in a permanent state of temporaryness, is it not an opportune time to grant JS suite pax access to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen? Whilst the number of pins is variable, the maximum number of JS passengers is a known.

This would mirror Celebrity where the Sky suite, the mirror image of the JS, has its occupants able to access The Retreat and the Luminea restaurant.

Regards,

Cublet

I think there are probably more JR suite guests than Pinnnacles on most cruises so it would not help with over crowding to allow JR suite access.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The Connoisseur Club was the cigar/.cigarette lounge and the smell from all those years of closed-door smoking in there  permeated everything --- carpeting, draperies, furniture (its still the same).  Despite whatever cleaning products they use to mask the odor, the humidity eventually wins out and it smells like an old ashtray.  

We cruise Liberty 10/31.  I'm sure they will revise this by then but it will definitely make a difference in the SL.  Every time we've done Liberty, the Pins would camp out in half the room - same area every night.  The only downside is that the concierge and bar servers tips will go down.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

We cruise Liberty 10/31.  I'm sure they will revise this by then but it will definitely make a difference in the SL.  Every time we've done Liberty, the Pins would camp out in half the room - same area every night.  The only downside is that the concierge and bar servers tips will go down.

All those new SL's are like that. 

Pins aft (by the bar and food) suites forward.😉

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Nice try.  Not true.

I wonder how their rule works if it is a Pinnacle sailing in a suite?

I am thinking it would change to prediction for a overly loud announcement they are tipping, and how much they have tipped over their bazillion cruises with Royal?

John&LaLa, I apologize in advance for any offense, as you have ALWAYS been super nice and the exception to this cliched stereotype.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, trippintex said:

D+ and pins tip steady and 2 to 5 dollars for each order Suite people come in shorts t shirts flip flops and hardly ever tip nothing 

I've seen the opposite be the case.

There's no correlation to C&A status/wardrobe to tip amount in the suite lounge.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, trippintex said:

D+ and pins tip steady and 2 to 5 dollars for each order Suite people come in shorts t shirts flip flops and hardly ever tip nothing 

26 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Nice try.  Not true.

No, I think that it's true.  trippintex said, "Hardly ever tip nothing."  I agree.  Suite passengers tip something.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

I wonder how their rule works if it is a Pinnacle sailing in a suite?

I am thinking it would change to prediction for a overly loud announcement they are tipping, and how much they have tipped over their bazillion cruises with Royal?

John&LaLa, I apologize in advance for any offense, as you have ALWAYS been super nice and the exception to this cliched stereotype.

No worries, i enjoy the banter.

Just don't dis on CATS😉🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, trippintex said:

Shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops...  I cop to it. Maybe one or two days I want to grab (and run) something from the breakfast before it's closed.  I'm not exactly up at the crack of dawn unless it's a port I like.  Otherwise, not the case.  Hell, the only reason I own good clothes considering what I wear to the office.

As far as tipping, we'd tried both lump sum and a-la-carte and I just think $20 or $30 all at once to both servers makes a bigger statement as opposed to a blizzard of singles over the course of the week.  It's like how I might get more money overall with less withholding, but I sure seem to like that Big Tax Refund.

Edited by MichaelCMTX

41 minutes ago, MichaelCMTX said:

Shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops...  I cop to it. Maybe one or two days I want to grab (and run) something from the breakfast before it's closed.  I'm not exactly up at the crack of dawn unless it's a port I like.  Otherwise, not the case.  Hell, the only reason I own good clothes considering what I wear to the office.

As far as tipping, we'd tried both lump sum and a-la-carte and I just think $20 or $30 all at once to both servers makes a bigger statement as opposed to a blizzard of singles over the course of the week.  It's like how I might get more money overall with less withholding, but I sure seem to like that Big Tax Refund.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:40 AM, Ashland said:

Yep...Nov 1st....Why would they let them have access if they have their own PL.

So on Vision they get the whole VCL ??

It is just a "room" for Happy Hour from 5 pm to 8 pm. Don't know why RCI calls it a Lounge 🙄

On 8/25/2021 at 2:01 PM, John&LaLa said:

With vouchers now the norm, I doubt we will ever see overflow lounges again.

There are Suite guests without vouchers.   Until my last cruise, I would not have vouchers, and sailed 4 cruises in Suites.

6 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Dumb question from somebody they will never let in to one of them free drink lounges: if I’m expected to tip for each drink, does it really count as free? 

The tip police may lead you to that conclusion, but it's not so.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 3:36 PM, cublet said:

With the temporary removal of the Pinnacles to their own lounge, if we find ourselves in a permanent state of temporaryness, is it not an opportune time to grant JS suite pax access to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen? Whilst the number of pins is variable, the maximum number of JS passengers is a known.

On Vision class there are a LOT of JR Suites comparted to Grand and Owners.  And the lounge is small.

Giving JR Suites access would more than overflow the SL, it would fill up the VCL adjacent.

There are 1 - RS, 5 - OS, 14 - GS, 4 - 2BR GS, and 1 - OV Suite. Total of 25 full Suites.

There are 64 - JR Suites.