Please note - a slight change to the Holland America Board’s Future Cruise Listing 😳

kazu

I have been doing this “job” for over 8 years and while in the past I have included non HAL cruises for regulars I am afraid for the time being it is not possible.

This is from my post in 2018 - “non HAL cruises will ONLY be listed for HAL regulars - people that sail HAL on a regular basis and/or regulars on the HAL board. That was always the arrangement, but it appears it needed some clarification. It will continue to be the arrangement unless it causes conflict on the FCL thread or the job becomes too onerous.”

I’m not sure if my post at the time wasn’t clear enough but while I know that there haven’t been a lot of Bon Voyage threads, the Future Cruise Listing has become onerous with all the changes and cancellations, replacement cruises, etc.  I simply don’t have the time to stay on top of other cruise lines and for the time being, here on in will be posting HAL cruises only for the time being.

I hope everyone understands. Thank you 🙂 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for spending the many hours keeping tabs on who’s going where and when, and the Bon Voyage greetings as well.  Your efforts are not going unnoticed. Thank you Jacqui!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui, thank you for what you do. And thank you for listing me these years where our charters took us away from HAL but you kept me listed. I will be a little sad not seeing it, but hopefully the charters can return to HAL more frequently. But I guess in January I will sail away quietly. 

❤️

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Boytjie said:

Jacqui, thank you for what you do. And thank you for listing me these years where our charters took us away from HAL but you kept me listed. I will be a little sad not seeing it, but hopefully the charters can return to HAL more frequently. But I guess in January I will sail away quietly. 

❤️

I am leaving on those that are listed, never fear Peter.  I just won’t be adding to the list for the time being.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, kazu said:

I have been doing this “job” for over 8 years and while in the past I have included non HAL cruises for regulars I am afraid for the time being it is not possible.

This is from my post in 2018 - “non HAL cruises will ONLY be listed for HAL regulars - people that sail HAL on a regular basis and/or regulars on the HAL board. That was always the arrangement, but it appears it needed some clarification. It will continue to be the arrangement unless it causes conflict on the FCL thread or the job becomes too onerous.”

I’m not sure if my post at the time wasn’t clear enough but while I know that there haven’t been a lot of Bon Voyage threads, the Future Cruise Listing has become onerous with all the changes and cancellations, replacement cruises, etc.  I simply don’t have the time to stay on top of other cruise lines and for the time being, here on in will be posting HAL cruises only for the time being.

I hope everyone understands. Thank you 🙂 

Thank you for ALL your HARD WORK---it is deeply appreciated!

• Like 3

@kazu  I don't know how you pack so much into every day! Thank you for all of it. I cannot imagine going the FCL/Bon Voyages for eight years. And this is in addition to all your contributions across CC (including gardening info!). As one (of many) who had a booking on the same cruise as you, I know how much you assist/share info for excursions, etc.

Just curious: Exactly when do you see Jose and/or sleep? 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I would have thrown my hands up months ago. And then poured myself another glass of wine

I totally confess - my hands have gone up a few times, my forehead has been hit and there have been some bad words come out of my mouth 😉 

I have definitely poured myself a glass of wine when I was digesting the changes 🍷 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4