The Daily for Saturday September 25, 2021

richwmn

26 minutes ago, highscar said:

@ger

2/3 Yrs ago the chap next door balcony was playing his bagpipes.  Kinda enjoyed it

I’ve heard bagpipes played too.  Not sure why they would be allowed and guitars not?  Must look at the prohibited item list again.  Seems it has changed drastically!

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good afternoon!  Almost didn't make it to the party...  The Seattle cousins have gone shopping, Murchie's for tea and then Rogers Chocolates are a must, then they are going to the cemetery to put some flowers on their parents' grave.  Then they will have dinner at my Victoria cousin's house and to see the newlyweds (now married 1 year) and the new baby.  We sent a gift for the baby with them, as we haven't seen Connor either.  Perhaps they will have pictures when they get back here.  Tomorrow morning is breakfast at the golf club with more cousins, and then they are going to the ferry.  It's been a whirlwind.

I have lots of pictures from our day in General San Martin on Zaandam.   The Ballestas, aka the Galapagos of Peru, were fascinating, barren islands covered with guano which is collected for sale every few years.  Birds and other wildlife everywhere.  Then we went to the desert, more barren land with just nothing anywhere.  Evidently it was originally under the sea and the land is too salt to grow anything.  

The BallestasIMG_1899.thumb.JPG.9798e93c9c59ca3d858b1466cda3b56e.JPG

IMG_1869.thumb.JPG.fb11f03a8bf343c0d8acae648c272ee8.JPG

P1040516.thumb.JPG.00e7a31ddac0f23d1beee363517a87dc.JPG

IMG_1816.thumb.JPG.5cb5662218f4a95866dca3b3c01a8008.JPG

IMG_1878.thumb.JPG.b9692aa9c3e34d39e1c43993cf78d62a.JPG

IMG_1886.thumb.JPG.b1dfa5425c1095df454fc6179ace323d.JPG

P1040488.thumb.JPG.81ba98caa53aeca7b02377ee9ad4414a.JPG

IMG_1761.thumb.JPG.7854177cae9dade215ce3456ad811157.JPG

And the desert

P1040618.thumb.JPG.440790c87b54618d9d7e6d1aaeb64175.JPG

IMG_0291.thumb.JPG.18d0b2fd3ba3024df7597df5a649b86b.JPG

P1040610.thumb.JPG.5296c49dc1e458da023e5e0e3fa4e38a.JPG

Nice photos!  Thanks for adding them today.  Enjoy your visit with family!  Sounds like you'll need a couple of days to rest up afterwards.😄

• Like 9

My daughter posted on Instagram a beautiful photo of her 2 daughters and the fact it is National Daughters Day!  

I know everyone here with daughters will want to celebrate them today, too.  I'm toasting mine now with my glass of wine.  It's happy hour at our house!😉

• Like 13

Thanks to all with their kind words about DGS.We did a video call and spoke to the family.DGS has had a fever and body aches and tested positive  twice.DDIL is a Dr and her office tested  the family today.Results will be in tomorrow. DS will stay home and quarantine  with the  twins.  

I wanted to tank you all individually  but will wait until my rattled brain  an do this properly.Please know that I appreciate  all the good will here

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, highscar said:

@ger

2/3 Yrs ago the chap next door balcony was playing his bagpipes.  Kinda enjoyed it

Was that the Sydney to Vancouver cruise?  We heard him playing too.

If it was, it was 5 years ago.  The reason I can remember, is that a DGS was born while we were away. Time flies!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Greetings from the lovely Eurodam!

Everything has been absolutely wonderful and it’s so good to be back on a ship. We had 2 nights in Athens, and our first night onboard last night. I feel like I’m finally over my jet lag. 

We’re having our first Gala night tonight and tomorrow the first of 2 days in Limassol. 

When we boarded yesterday we were greeted with cheers and waves —everyone is happy and excited. Such a sight for sore eyes!

27CB55D2-C3B1-458F-A6C4-162E49DF8F3F.thumb.jpeg.32689c1d8413faf2a0cf9b85f4b91d1d.jpeg

04878AAF-A96D-4F44-BE81-63AD0534A833.thumb.jpeg.2c1e3d22e6a08f7bd0cb0fc72fcb9ebe.jpeg

Have a spectacular time!  Loved Eurodam when we sailed her in October 2019!

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@msmayor  Enjoy your visit with your DS and your day in New Castle, DE.  It''s a neat colonial town.

Lenda

This was our first trip to New Castle despite living fairly close, and you are right - really charming town!  So many of the buildings have that traditional colonial look, and I learned that Jessop's Tavern on Market Street is considered one of the oldest restaurants in the state - wait staff still dresses in colonial garb.

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I just heard from Jakob’s mother that he is off oxygen this morning. He is still in PICU, the doctors wanted to monitor his breathing on his own before moving him to a regular room. She sent a picture to our Ladies group and he looks good but you can tell he’s been ill. 

Many thanks to everyone praying for him and asking about him. Thank you all my Daily family!

This is wonderful news about Jakob - I hope he continues to improve steadily.

We got home about an hour ago from DE and it truly was a wonderful day.  The temperature was such that you didn't mind at all being in sun or shade - and there was a very gentle breeze off the river that kept any pesky bugs that might be in the area away.  Lots of people, food trucks and a DJ added to the festive atmosphere.  My sister did very well with her pottery - lots of one-of-a-kind treasures went home with folks.  here are a few photos of her booth:

image.png.cc017df260564b525fee50698c1ca20e.png

image.png.92b6f95ccfa0a3279b30cd84bb5817ee.png

image.png.c94735559fe9ae4ddb256d22beee40c7.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

We are back in Saint Paul safe and sound!

The fall colors were pretty decent on our drive through the UP and our visit with the SIL in Bessemer/Ironwood area. 

Welcome home 🙂 

• Like 8

Just for the fun of it, I decided to share the rest of our day when we visited the Ballestas Islands in 2008 from the Pisco (General San Martin) area.

The bus stopped at a nice restaurant along the way for lunch

100_4209.thumb.jpg.70070d3933648448fc288f52bc054400.jpg

100_4210.thumb.jpg.ad91f0227c76b0d5db46cd0fdc57b3c6.jpg

100_4211.thumb.jpg.7eb7432f97b2ddc670798c8d870caf47.jpg

After that bottle of wine and lunch, this is how I finished the ride to the hotel 🤪

100_4213.thumb.jpg.9d8a3307ffcafb5112449c40392ca9bc.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 2

@richwmnBrentt_M on this week's sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam has reported a different itinerary for them this week.  Thought you might welcome the information.

Quote:  "So they have decided to drop sitka from our itinerary and replace it with Skagway. This was based off some predicted bad weather/storms forming.  We will be going to skagway on Tuesday and Glacier Bay on Wednesday now."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Just for the fun of it, I decided to share the rest of our day when we visited the Ballestas Islands in 2008 from the Pisco (General San Martin) area.

The bus stopped at a nice restaurant along the way for lunch

100_4209.thumb.jpg.70070d3933648448fc288f52bc054400.jpg

100_4210.thumb.jpg.ad91f0227c76b0d5db46cd0fdc57b3c6.jpg

100_4211.thumb.jpg.7eb7432f97b2ddc670798c8d870caf47.jpg

After that bottle of wine and lunch, this is how I finished the ride to the hotel 🤪

100_4213.thumb.jpg.9d8a3307ffcafb5112449c40392ca9bc.jpg

That looks so good!  

It's been fun seeing the photos today of the Pisco (General San Martin) port stop.  We were there, but we had embarked in San Diego and I was just wiped out at that point of the cruise, so I never left the ship, and DH took off alone and just joined a boat that was headed over to the Ballestas Islands.  He took a few photos, so I have some idea what I missed, but it's fun seeing more of the area.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@richwmnBrentt_M on this week's sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam has reported a different itinerary for them this week.  Thought you might welcome the information.

Quote:  "So they have decided to drop sitka from our itinerary and replace it with Skagway. This was based off some predicted bad weather/storms forming.  We will be going to skagway on Tuesday and Glacier Bay on Wednesday now."

thanks for the 'heads up'!

• Like 8

Thanks for sll the daily information, photos and humour.  have not been to today's port so appreciate seeing all the photos.  Had not heard of the Nazca Lines before.

Wild Rabbits are considered to be a pest, as they ruin farmland.  Inland from us, a country town holds an Easter bunny shoot,  as a way to help control the rabbit population.

@ger_77Congratulations to your DH and his band on winning the judges choice.

@Overhead Fred welcome home.

@smitty34877 so sorry that your DGS has tested positive with covid, hope that he has a mild case and will soon recover.

It's sunny but cool day, temperature only 9 C after  reaching a high of 20 C  yesterday.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Just got a group text from my Ladies group and Jakob is now home!  Such fantastic news and I’m sure he will continue to improve now that he is home. 

Thanks again everyone for your prayers. 

Great news!  Kids bounce back so quickly.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Just got a group text from my Ladies group and Jakob is now home!  Such fantastic news and I’m sure he will continue to improve now that he is home. 

Wow!  That is really fantastic and such good news.  Thanks 🙂 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Excellent news!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good to hear that he is home.  Hope he continues to improve.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, msmayor said:

Have a spectacular time!  Loved Eurodam when we sailed her in October 2019!

This was our first trip to New Castle despite living fairly close, and you are right - really charming town!  So many of the buildings have that traditional colonial look, and I learned that Jessop's Tavern on Market Street is considered one of the oldest restaurants in the state - wait staff still dresses in colonial garb.

This is wonderful news about Jakob - I hope he continues to improve steadily.

We got home about an hour ago from DE and it truly was a wonderful day.  The temperature was such that you didn't mind at all being in sun or shade - and there was a very gentle breeze off the river that kept any pesky bugs that might be in the area away.  Lots of people, food trucks and a DJ added to the festive atmosphere.  My sister did very well with her pottery - lots of one-of-a-kind treasures went home with folks.  here are a few photos of her booth:

image.png.cc017df260564b525fee50698c1ca20e.png

image.png.92b6f95ccfa0a3279b30cd84bb5817ee.png

image.png.c94735559fe9ae4ddb256d22beee40c7.png

❤️ the look of her things...does she sell on etsy?

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Awesome!

Roy

• Like 6