Tables for 2

pthjudy

Due to health concerns, when (if) we cruise on Anthem in March, we will not choose to sit with others as we have usually done. Has Royal changed its allocation of small tables because of Covid? 

• Like 1

There are some 2Tops that are not so close...we always try to get one of these...just ask once you get onboard. They may even offer you a 4Top. Best of luck and enjoy your cruise...health concerns aside.

• Like 2

I was just on a test cruise for Royal and it surprised me how close some of the tables were. We got a two-top to ourselves but the next table over was less than a foot away. The rest of the cruise we were able to distance ourselves pretty well but capacity was super low.

I think it was just a shock to the system after avoiding people for so long. In the end, we were all vaxxed on this cruise and had provided negative test results which eased my mind. Just part of shifting back to "normal." We had a great time overall.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

I was just on a test cruise for Royal and it surprised me how close some of the tables were. We got a two-top to ourselves but the next table over was less than a foot away. The rest of the cruise we were able to distance ourselves pretty well but capacity was super low.

I think it was just a shock to the system after avoiding people for so long. In the end, we were all vaxxed on this cruise and had provided negative test results which eased my mind. Just part of shifting back to "normal." We had a great time overall.

My wife and  I had a lot "stuff" going on in our lives a few years ago and we went on a cruise to just get away and unwind. We requested a table for two through our TA. We wanted to just have private conversations, enjoy each other's company and not have deal with other people during dinner. When we boarded the ship we went to check on our table location and found it to be about a foot away from the one next to it. At dinner that night there was a couple seated at the next table and we could not get them to leave us alone.  After a couple nights we asked to be moved to a different table.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My wife and  I had a lot "stuff" going on in our lives a few years ago and we went on a cruise to just get away and unwind. We requested a table for two through our TA. We wanted to just have private conversations, enjoy each other's company and not have deal with other people during dinner. When we boarded the ship we went to check on our table location and found it to be about a foot away from the one next to it. At dinner that night there was a couple seated at the next table and we could not get them to leave us alone.  After a couple nights we asked to be moved to a different table.

We also had issues with the next table. They talked so loudly and constantly that it made it impossible for us to have a conversation of our own. It was as if they were sitting at our table and they were dominating the conversation. Typically we request a table for two but this is the first time we had issues. Normally we've been seated at a 4-top by ourselves or a 2-top along the walkways, away from other tables.

• Like 1

Currently on mariner and most of the tables for two are very close together.We were told because everyone is vaccinated. The dining room on deck three is a vaccinated only venue. 

Tables in the Windjammer are spaced much further apart, because that venue allows unvaccinated children. 

OP-when you get on the ship go to the dining room and speak to the maître d’ about needing a table away from others. They will do their best to accommodate you. 

m

• Like 4

We always get a 2 top in MTD, but could care less how close we are to someone else.  We just like a 2 top so we can eat and get out of there.  We don't want 2-3 hours of dinner time.  With MTD we are normally out of there in an hour to 1.5 hours and love it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boscobeans said:

There may still be some form of limiting capacity and social distancing in March. ???

On the Sept. 5  Oasis sail from Bayonne:

No social distancing in the MDR on the 3rd deck as only vaxxed are allowed.  Social distancing for non-vaxxed on 4 & 5th decks.  MTD on 3rd deck and only vaxxed.   However, there is social distancing in Specialty Restaurants and the WJ. 

As Lauren039 posted, plenty of tables for 2 and each table is less than a foot apart.  

They were very strict with their protocols and as an example, only 9 Paxs allowed in the swimming pools at a time, while the Solarium they were one on top of the other as only Adults are allowed and fully vaxxed.

PS:  The future will be determined by the CDC.

Edited by nelblu

15 minutes ago, nelblu said:

They were very strict with their protocols and as an example, only 9 Paxs allowed in the swimming pools at a time, while the Solarium they were one on top of the other as only Adults are allowed and fully vaxxed.

When we were on Freedom and Adventure, on our pool days, the pool was PACKED and no one said a word.  We had a blast, it was so fun to see the pool area hopping. But everyone was vaccinated except  few kids.

2 minutes ago, karena1 said:

When we were on Freedom and Adventure, on our pool days, the pool was PACKED and no one said a word.  We had a blast, it was so fun to see the pool area hopping. But everyone was vaccinated except  few kids.

Pools were restricted to 12 at any one time on our recent Harmony cruise. Numbers were strictly enforced too, I was asked to get out as I had miscounted and I was the 13th 🙈😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Currently on mariner and most of the tables for two are very close together.We were told because everyone is vaccinated. The dining room on deck three is a vaccinated only venue. 

Tables in the Windjammer are spaced much further apart, because that venue allows unvaccinated children. 

OP-when you get on the ship go to the dining room and speak to the maître d’ about needing a table away from others. They will do their best to accommodate you. 

m

We just got off the Mariner  Missed you again  I always go check out the DR tables and request one of the 2 tops that are not all sandwiched together.

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

And perhaps adults who were not able to vaccinate due to health concerns?

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

And perhaps adults who were not able to vaccinate due to health concerns?

I don't know that I saw adult without a vaccine bracelet on our Freedom cruise. However, there were some angry families that were asked to sit in the unvaxx balcony of the theater. 

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

There are some 2Tops that are not so close...we always try to get one of these...just ask once you get onboard. They may even offer you a 4Top. Best of luck and enjoy your cruise...health concerns aside.

We do the same. 

4 hours ago, karena1 said:

We always get a 2 top in MTD, but could care less how close we are to someone else.  We just like a 2 top so we can eat and get out of there.  We don't want 2-3 hours of dinner time.  With MTD we are normally out of there in an hour to 1.5 hours and love it.

Honestly I didn’t know 2 top in MTD was a thing …and we are interested ! Do we just ask for one ? 

I've sailed twice since the restart and had very different dining experiences so it really varies by ship and current guidelines.

Really hoping Windjammer opens back up for dinner before I cruise again. I really like having space and going at my own pace. Especially love ships with open air dining in the back. 

I just got off Ovation. One dining room kept seating me at 2-tops packed together, so I felt uncomfortable and unsafe. I went to the other any time dining room and asked for a distanced table. They gave me a 2-top between an aisle and a wall, with friendly servers, so I booked it for the rest of the cruise. I also found the Everyone restaurant for breakfast and lunch had tables blocked off and I had a nice distanced window table. There were some cute kids entertaining everyone, too, and most people went to the Vaccinated-only places, so this space didn’t have any crowding at all.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

If you have health concerns......a cruise is not exactly a good place to avoid people.  Occupancy is creaping up, and is expected to be around 100% by end of year

You should post less. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, whyrlygig said:

My experience last week, they will not seat you with anyone who isn't in your party.  They also left adjacent tables intentionally empty for distancing.  

That was our experience on Harmony a couple of weeks ago too.