The Daily for Wednesday 12/22/2021

richwmn

12 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone.  Nice collection of days and great quote. 

Have a good cruise Rich. We're waiting for results of my grandsons covid tests. I'm actually in my car waiting for my MD routine appointment for a echo cardiogram. 

Stay safe everyone. This new strain is very contagious. 

Carol 

Prayers 🙏 for a negative covid result for your grandson Carol.

Hopefully your routine ECG is fine.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Happy Wednesday.  Quick post, will be back later.  We had super strong winds yesterday and our front yard is a mess.

Hangman's Blood:

Ingredients
1 1/4 oz gin
1 1/4 oz rum
1 1/4 oz whiskey
1 1/4 oz brandy
1 1/4 oz port
5 oz Guinness stout
4 oz Champagne

Preparation

Apparently invented by Anthony Burgess, famed writer. Popular at the Taco Bar.Add all five shots to a pint glass. Top to desired level with stout beer, 5 oz is just about right. Fill to top of glass with champagne. Note: No room for ice. You don't need it if you chill most of the ingredients. Highly suggested.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 8.17.23 AM.png

image.png.28e5c3415bb323949ff3f4103def6c97.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 15

Good morning friends!  Anyone else having problems with the CC boards this morning?  Several times I received an error notice and cannot see, read, post, like, or whatever on anything here.  I'm sure if they put a 14 year old teenager on the job it would be fixed in nothing flat!

It's darn cold today, 36F when I woke up over 2 hours ago.  Stayed inside to exercise.  Only news I have for today is my sister tells me Amy's DH was able to eat soft foods yesterday so he should be (or already is) out of ICU.  

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor posting this morning.  Enjoy your cruise, especially with all the Dailyites on board with you.  Roy @rafinmdthanks to you for the Care and Celebration lists.  They're huge right now!  So many folks on cruises and traveling to keep track of!  Cheers to them!  Prayers and good thoughts for those needing them, especially Jacqui @kazu, Jose, and Father @Himself, in addition to Bruno's DD ( @atexsix).  I hope things are looking up for all of you.

Sorry, I haven't been to Tsuruga, Japan and have never even heard of it.  True quote.  Not sure I can stray from beef or chicken enchiladas to shrimp ones.  I'm not very adventurous in the food department.  Cookie exchange day on the other hand sounds great!  I wouldn't mind trying date nut bread either.  Abilities day sounds like it would be a worthwhile celebration.  

Here's hoping we have an uneventful day trying to post on CC, and accomplish all our tasks getting ready for the holidays.  🤗

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Good morning, all.  Just reading The Daily before I brave the cold and hit the road to Canada.  I see there is snow expected in Buffalo.  When isn’t there?  Safe travels and a Bon Voyage to all who are boarding!

Take care and make sure you have a spade in your trunk in case you get stuck in snow.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the care lists.

I love the Jung quot.

We had high winds yeaterday as a cold front moved in. Today will be chilly with high temperatures only in the low 70's.

It was so nice to hear from Jacqui again yesterday. I hope she and Jose are on the way back to some kind of normal.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 23

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Anyone else having problems with the CC boards this morning?  Several times I received an error notice and cannot see, read, post, like, or whatever on anything here.  I'm sure if they put a 14 year old teenager on the job it would be fixed in nothing flat!

It's darn cold today, 36F when I woke up over 2 hours ago.  Stayed inside to exercise.  Only news I have for today is my sister tells me Amy's DH was able to eat soft foods yesterday so he should be (or already is) out of ICU.  

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor posting this morning.  Enjoy your cruise, especially with all the Dailyites on board with you.  Roy @rafinmdthanks to you for the Care and Celebration lists.  They're huge right now!  So many folks on cruises and traveling to keep track of!  Cheers to them!  Prayers and good thoughts for those needing them, especially Jacqui @kazu, Jose, and Father @Himself, in addition to Bruno's DD ( @atexsix).  I hope things are looking up for all of you.

Sorry, I haven't been to Tsuruga, Japan and have never even heard of it.  True quote.  Not sure I can stray from beef or chicken enchiladas to shrimp ones.  I'm not very adventurous in the food department.  Cookie exchange day on the other hand sounds great!  I wouldn't mind trying date nut bread either.  Abilities day sounds like it would be a worthwhile celebration.  

Here's hoping we have an uneventful day trying to post on CC, and accomplish all our tasks getting ready for the holidays.  🤗

I got the error notice 10 minutes ago so I cleared my phone history including cookies and turned my phone off and on again to reboot my phone and 🤞it is okay.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone.

Today is dedicated to packing and getting ready to drive to Michigan tomorrow.  The weather seems like it will cooperate.  Continued prayers for all who need them, especially @kazu and @Himself.  

Today's meal sounds pretty good to me!   This first recipe will get us started with an easy preparation:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/over-the-border-shrimp-enchiladas/

Over-the-Border-Shrimp-Enchiladas_EXPS_THD18_50202_B08_02_7b-3.jpg.e53394cb42b0537dc662001faf9bc1c8.jpg

This next one is more complicated, but it may have more complex flavors as well:  https://www.npr.org/2016/04/15/474411597/mexican-chef-pati-jinich-wants-to-change-how-you-think-about-enchiladas

100856157_Shrimpenchilada.jpg.c370b750752cf3ff05c29005f07b9e7f.jpg

This one is a creamy white cheese sauce enchilada.   https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/creamy-shrimp-enchiladas-and-dinner-and-a-movie-with-the-dating-divas/

creamy-shrimp-enchiladas.jpg.ab6026dbebd59544a4afe6345607d7f7.jpg

I remember cream cheese sandwiches made with date nut bread.  They were good!   https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/old-fashioned-date-nut-bread-recipe

1480709398_Datenutbread.jpg.a583e46987bd869798239840299c94c5.jpg

Enjoy!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

It was 39 degrees F this morning in NW Florida so probably the coldest day this season. Won’t stay like that for Christmas as forecast show’s 70’s.

We used to do cookies when kids were at home but now we just go to their houses and sinfully commit gluttony!

Even though it’s just the two of us for Christmas we have decorated inside and have that warm festive glow to celebrate. We will spend New Year’s with daughter as we are committed babysitters while school is out and parents have to work.

Rich have a great cruise. Your tall, have long hair and with the red dawg shirt you should be easily to spot.🎅🏻

Stay safe, healthy and enjoy the Yuletide Season!🎄

• Like 28

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I got the error notice 10 minutes ago so I cleared my phone history including cookies and turned my phone off and on again to reboot my phone and 🤞it is okay.

The question is how long do we have to continue doing this before it is fixed?😩

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

The question is how long do we have to continue doing this before it is fixed?😩

It happened briefly after I posted a video.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again and the error is fixed permanently 🤞

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  @richwmn Bon Voyage! I hope that you have a wonderful cruise and I’ll follow your live from thread.  @dfish Juan and the cats would like your shrimp recipes, me not so much.  I do Ike the nut bread one. Hopefully I’ll finally get caught up today on vacation emails.

I had an appointment for a furnace tuneup scheduled for tomorrow morning.  They just called asking to come in today.  I said yes.  Now I have tomorrow free to run errands and grocery shop.

I hope that everyone has a good day today and I’ll try to catch sail away.
This is too accurate in this house.

image.thumb.png.44dd24256f6051a04417492fcaafcc93.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 12

Thanks to all who contribute.  Best wishes, Rich, for a great trip.  Prayers for all on the care list.

Company coming tomorrow (nephew and great nephews).  They lost their wife/mother right before Covid started 2 years ago (1/20) to a very aggressive previously undiagnosed cancer.  We were all stunned.  Fifty six is way too young to lose your life.  The “boys”, of course, could not visit last year so this year will be very special. 

Probably a very dumb question here.  I know what a B2B is but a BHB??

Merry Christmas to all and stay safe!!  Katherine 

• Like 23

Good Morning from a cool and overcast day at the beach

Weather has been crazy last few days, suppose to get" back to normal" tomorrow.  Not complaining, it is worse other places. Still wearing capris and flip flops. 

Nice collection of days. Love date nut bread. Have not been in a cookie exchange for a long time. 

Have not been to todays port. 

A very big thank you for all your messages of support yesterday for my sister. She is struggling but is quite determined.  We are all praying that this round of chemo does not knock her down again.  Our nephew left for Boston this AM.  I sent a bag of shells for him to put on her steps. She loves the beach. 

Wish I was on a ship!!

Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25

3 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thanks to all who contribute.  Best wishes, Rich, for a great trip.  Prayers for all on the care list.

Company coming tomorrow (nephew and great nephews).  They lost their wife/mother right before Covid started 2 years ago (1/20) to a very aggressive previously undiagnosed cancer.  We were all stunned.  Fifty six is way too young to lose your life.  The “boys”, of course, could not visit last year so this year will be very special. 

Probably a very dumb question here.  I know what a B2B is but a BHB??

Merry Christmas to all and stay safe!!  Katherine 

A BHB is our Blue Hulled Beauties (HAL ships).

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

I like date nut bread. I didn't bake any cookies yet. A salute to those of all abilities.

Great quote.

The meal sounds interesting. Pass on the drink, but I like the wine.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for any pictures to come.

It's cold and windy here today. With wind chill it won't feel above 20°F. Fortunately, today no issues with CC for me on the PC.

@richwmn Bon Voyage! I hope to see you on sailaway!

@kazu Prayers continue for Jose. Thanks for the memes yesterday.

@Himself You continue in our thoughts and prayers.

@cunnorl Prayers that your sister has an easier time with this round of chemo.

Prayers for the Care List and a toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 22

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday from Ft Lauderdale!

We are now just waiting at the hotel for our transfer to the ship. The bus is supposed to leave at 11:30. My Navigator app says “Welcome Onboard”. There are a lot of passengers staying here for both the Rotterdam and the Eurodam. It’ll be nice to see 2 BHB’s at the port today. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25

Good morning from Quartzsite on the first full day of winter.  It will partly cloudy today and tomorrow. and one day it is supposed to get to 70F.  I better enjoy it, because it will be in the mid 60s for the next week and mid 50s to start the New Year off.  The forecast calls for rain Christmas Day, but can't complain as we really, really need the rain.  While our weather won't be great, it will be better than a lot of the US and Canada.

Date nut bread is not a favorite, but our neighbor gave us some zucchini bread yesterday.  I took the cookies to the neighbors yesterday and had a nice visit the two vaccinated and boostered neighbors.  Confession -- I waited until the unvaccinated neighbors weren't home to deliver their cookies.  I will salute abilities day and all the people who use their abilities the best they can.

The Carl Jung quote is very true, and we should realize what works for us, might not work for someone else.

The meal sounds good, but I prefer cheese enchiladas.  The wine sounds nice, but I'll skip the drink.

We have not been to today's port.  Hopefully, someone has pictures to share.

@kazu  Continued best wishes to you and to Jose.

@richwmn  Bon voyage and have a great cruise.  Thank you for continuing the Daily while you are enjoying the sea air.

Bon voyage and have a great cruise to @lindaler Linda, @Sharon in AZ Sharon and DH.

Safe travels to @msmayor. @*Miss G*, and @ger_77 Gerry.

@smitty34877 Terry, you and your family are angels for helping Tana, her son, and dog.  Hats off the DSIL for taking up driving duties.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, enjoy your Christmas visit with your nephew and grandnephews.  So sad about the death of their wife and mother.

Now it's time to start cleaning house and getting it and the motorhome for our DD and DSIL.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Happy Wednesday.  Quick post, will be back later.  We had super strong winds yesterday and our front yard is a mess.

Hangman's Blood:

Ingredients
1 1/4 oz gin
1 1/4 oz rum
1 1/4 oz whiskey
1 1/4 oz brandy
1 1/4 oz port
5 oz Guinness stout
4 oz Champagne

Preparation

Apparently invented by Anthony Burgess, famed writer. Popular at the Taco Bar.Add all five shots to a pint glass. Top to desired level with stout beer, 5 oz is just about right. Fill to top of glass with champagne. Note: No room for ice. You don't need it if you chill most of the ingredients. Highly suggested.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 8.17.23 AM.png

I think one of these is going to be enough to make me ready to swing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Someone asked yesterday where I would be for sail away. On the aft lido deck there is an external stairway. Look for me there with a red shirt. (Go DAWGS!)

We will keep our eyes peeled out for you this afternoon.  Have a great Holiday cruise.

• Like 15