New Bahamas Travel Protocols effective 12/27/21

suzyluvs2cruise

"The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, Investments & Aviation has taken note of the recent increase in COVID-19 cases around the world and is implementing new testing requirements for all persons entering The Bahamas as a precautionary effort to continue to keep the destination safe.
Effective Monday, December 27, 2021, the following protocols will take effect:
a) All those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries, whether fully vaccinated or unvaccinated, will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
b) Vaccinated travellers can present either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR test, while unvaccinated travellers must present a RT-PCR test.
Effective Friday, January 7, 2022, the following protocols will take effect:
a) All those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries, whether fully vaccinated or unvaccinated, will be required to obtain a negative RT-PCR (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA or RNA) test, taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
b) Rapid Antigen Tests will no longer be accepted. All travellers must obtain a RT-PCR test."

How will this affect cruise travel? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just viewed Bahamas travel website and no updates for cruise passengers yet.    

Will just have to wait and see how they handle cruise ships as the various lines all have their private islands in the bahamas.   

And quite a few ships are making port calls in Nassau, too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And quite a few ships are making port calls in Nassau, too.

Yeah. Our 28th sailing on the mariner is supposed to be Coco and Nassau. Starting to feel like a cruise to nowhere. Hope they work something out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:
"The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, Investments & Aviation has taken note of the recent increase in COVID-19 cases around the world and is implementing new testing requirements for all persons entering The Bahamas as a precautionary effort to continue to keep the destination safe.
Effective Monday, December 27, 2021, the following protocols will take effect:
a) All those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries, whether fully vaccinated or unvaccinated, will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
b) Vaccinated travellers can present either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR test, while unvaccinated travellers must present a RT-PCR test.
Effective Friday, January 7, 2022, the following protocols will take effect:
a) All those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries, whether fully vaccinated or unvaccinated, will be required to obtain a negative RT-PCR (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA or RNA) test, taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
b) Rapid Antigen Tests will no longer be accepted. All travellers must obtain a RT-PCR test."

How will this affect cruise travel? 

That's tough to accomplish.  I've got an Allure cruise on Jan. 22 and Nassau was replaced instead of Puerto Plata. 

I can barely get an Antigen test within the 2 days as per CDC/RCL.  

If I stay on ship, do I still need to have a PCR test.

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just viewed Bahamas travel website and no updates for cruise passengers yet.    

Will just have to wait and see how they handle cruise ships as the various lines all have their private islands in the bahamas.   

It's updated now

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, alyssamma said:

I don't see any updates for cruises...just the updates that were there this morning. The cruise section still says September updates for me...

Could be because there is no change for cruise ship passengers. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I don't see any updates for cruises...just the updates that were there this morning. The cruise section still says September updates for me...

STEP 1: Testing Requirements 

Please Note: Effective Dec. 27, 2021, any person presenting test results older than three days (72 hours) will not be allowed entry into The Bahamas.

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS 

• Effective Dec. 27, 2021, fully vaccinated persons travelling to The Bahamas from other countries will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
  • Effective Jan. 7, 2022, fully vaccinated persons must present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA or RNA) test.
    • COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests will no longer be accepted. Travellers must obtain a COVID-19 RT-PCR test.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

STEP 1: Testing Requirements 

Please Note: Effective Dec. 27, 2021, any person presenting test results older than three days (72 hours) will not be allowed entry into The Bahamas.

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS 

• Effective Dec. 27, 2021, fully vaccinated persons travelling to The Bahamas from other countries will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
  • Effective Jan. 7, 2022, fully vaccinated persons must present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA or RNA) test.
    • COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests will no longer be accepted. Travellers must obtain a COVID-19 RT-PCR test.

These aren’t cruise passenger protocols 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Under the Cruise Passengers banner it only talks about for cruises departing from Bahamas. 

In the past, we had to wait for clarification from the Bahamas. I assume the same will have to happen again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

In the past, we had to wait for clarification from the Bahamas. I assume the same will have to happen again.

I don't know man, it looks pretty clear on the Bahamas travel website. Anyone travelling from outside the Bahamas has to have a PCR test within 72 hours. Cruisers come from other Countries, therefore need a negative PCR test within 72 hours. Of course I could be wrong, I have been many times. If I'm not though this is a game changer for cruises. 

• Like 2