Bag of Laundry ?

Reading the checklist for the bag, it mentions specific types of clothing - for example T-shirts. - and that other items included will be charged at the regular rate.  Has anyone ever tried to see if other shirts like polos or button down shirts were included without the extra charge?

11 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It's 35 bucks a bag for as much as you can fit in it.

35?   Has it gone up that much.  
It was 20 on the first day ?   I usually send all my shirts I want ironed.   

3 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

35?   Has it gone up that much.  
It was 20 on the first day ?   I usually send all my shirts I want ironed.   

Guests can now send smaller clothing items to be washed and folded for the fixed amount of $34.99 per bag. Fit as much as you can into the bag provided for you ...

1 hour ago, GSRDPM said:

Reading the checklist for the bag, it mentions specific types of clothing - for example T-shirts. - and that other items included will be charged at the regular rate.  Has anyone ever tried to see if other shirts like polos or button down shirts were included without the extra charge?

Yup, seen get charged. 

59 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

It is like a sandwich size bag you stuff all your stuff in..

Big Wow...

Some would be surprised how much I can get in that bag. I make it a competition, fit so much in it comes back in 2 of the larger paper Laundry Bags...Full! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GSRDPM said:

Pre-pandemic we've put in a polo shirt and it was just fine (no extra charge). Never put in button down since that clearly isn't t-shirt style. Roll everything tightly and you can get 20 to 25 pieces in the bag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSRDPM said:

A woman's blouse got into a bag once and they washed it.  It was buttoned so perhaps they didn't notice.  Also I have become quite professional at stuffing that bag.  Trick is to roll your laundry  and create a hollow cylinder shape leaving the middle empty.  When you get near the top, start filling in the centre with smaller articles like socks and underwear also rolled up.  Keep packing the centre in slowly and carefully stretching the bag to increase the size.  You would be amazed how much the bag stretches and how much you can squeeze in it.

• Like 4

My beautiful wife is the laundry police...always telling me "You can't put that in the bag".

I now ask for my own bag and have included polo shirts, long sleeve shirts, and cargo shorts. No extra charge, no damage. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Some would be surprised how much I can get in that bag. I make it a competition, fit so much in it comes back in 2 of the larger paper Laundry Bags...Full! 

You too! My daughter laughed at how much I could get in that little bag, all rolled up tight!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Magicat said:

A woman's blouse got into a bag once and they washed it.  It was buttoned so perhaps they didn't notice.  Also I have become quite professional at stuffing that bag.  Trick is to roll your laundry  and create a hollow cylinder shape leaving the middle empty.  When you get near the top, start filling in the centre with smaller articles like socks and underwear also rolled up.  Keep packing the centre in slowly and carefully stretching the bag to increase the size.  You would be amazed how much the bag stretches and how much you can squeeze in it.

4 hours ago, Magicat said:

And slipped in a pair of capris too

Our room steward showed us how to fill it that way to maximize items. And I have added capris too. With the mental justification that they could be shorts for really tall people. :classic_biggrin: Just don't send anything that you are really fond of, it is really hot water, and the elastic gets eaten, and things don't come back quite the same they would with a home wash. 

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Our room steward showed us how to fill it that way to maximize items. And I have added capris too. With the mental justification that they could be shorts for really tall people. :classic_biggrin: Just don't send anything that you are really fond of, it is really hot water, and the elastic gets eaten, and things don't come back quite the same they would with a home wash. 

...and they are washed with other people's clothes, if that matters. In their own mesh bag.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

You too! My daughter laughed at how much I could get in that little bag, all rolled up tight!

Yup, thats the trick each of my T-Shirt's(14-15) "rolled tight", same with my 6 pair shorts, 12 pair Sox and 12 pair underwear. Have picture of this somewhere

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

My beautiful wife is the laundry police...always telling me "You can't put that in the bag".

I now ask for my own bag and have included polo shirts, long sleeve shirts, and cargo shorts. No extra charge, no damage. :classic_biggrin:

Luck. Many posting on here of people Damage and/or Charged. Had some faded, damaged, wrinkled bad myself, not always but does happen

19 hours ago, matj2000 said:

It is like a sandwich size bag you stuff all your stuff in..

Big Wow...

Must be a large sandwich- 

Last time we sent

2 swim trunks

2  men's shorts,

5 t shirts

6 underwear,

7 pr socks

1 PJ  bottom

The laundry was returned the following day.  We use the offer every cruise, sometimes twice.   Especially nice for any pre cruise dirty clothes and if we take a B2B/B3B cruise. 

M

• Like 4