The Daily for Tuesday 01/25/2022

richwmn

Today is Opposite Day, Irish Coffee Day, and Speak Up And Succeed Day

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.--Narcotics Anonymous

Meal Suggestion for today - brassicas bowl
Drink of the Day - Black Gold
Wine of the Day - Underground Wine Project 2020 And Why Am I Mr Pink
Destination of the Day - Melbourne, Australia

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Eurodam  

Destination Port Everglades eta 1/26

At Sea Pacific

Zuiderdam  

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos

Nieuw Statendam  

10:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam  

08:00 - 17:00

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island

Koningsdam  

08:00 - 18:00

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea Ionian Sea

Oosterdam  

Destination Augusta IT eta 1/26

Corfu GR

Volendam  

Operations off Corfu

Zaandam  

Freeport BS

Noordam  

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam  

Anchorage

Providence Channel Bahamas

Nieuw Amsterdam  

0125NAmerica.thumb.png.24be256b60518155d2668e97c6596b84.png

0125Europe.thumb.png.347c2873661bbf8d31b74efc8cddfa49.png

• Like 34
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Another snowy day here.

Interesting days.  Not sure about Opposite Day, but Irish coffee sounds like a good idea.  Sometimes it's very important to speak up so you will succeed.

Good quote, but I thought it was from Albert Einstein.

The meal sounds intriguing, looking forward to seeing the recipe and pictures.

Hope the drink and wine are good.

Another port I have never been to, I hope there are lots of pictures.

Happy Birthday @TheKingD🎂

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good quote, but I thought it was from Albert Einstein.

This quote has been attributed to him in various places, but does not appear elsewhere in his writings. In fact, this phrase could be interpreted that those who create are fighting against their own limitations imposed by society or history; a sentiment that aligns with both creativity and sanity rather than defining them out of existence!

Some of the most likely proofs of the quote’s origins come from:

Rita Mae Brown’s 1983 novel, Sudden Death, published by Bantam Books, New York

Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) pamphlet – Step 2: A promise of Hope

Narcotics Anonymous – The Basic Text of Narcotics Anonymous which was copyrighted in 1981.

Other sources claim the quote was written by Benjamin Franklin.

https://dudeasks.com/did-einstein-really-define-insanity-as-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-again-and-expecting-different-results/

• Like 24
  • Thanks 14

Good Tuesday morning everyone and thanks for the daily report.  Interesting collection of days today, I haven’t been to Melbourne, Australia yet as it’s on the opposite side of the globe.  How’s that for a stretch?  We got a little snow last night and I can hear the custodian shoveling snow off the steps to the high school gym next door.  The meal sounds interesting I’m sure the recipes will be educational as always.  The drink sounds mysterious and the wine sounds like something I’d like.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today, happy birthday @TheKingD!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the Irish Coffee but cheer the other 2 days.  Regardless of the origins, I like the quote.  The meal suggestion doesn't ring a bell.  Been to Melbourne twice, in 2003 on the Indian Pacific train, and in 2020 on Queen Mary 2. 

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, dealing with more than should be on anyone’s shoulders
Saint John Hospital Covid Situation and Jose’s fall and fracture
Pandemic  of first responder deaths, especially Baltimore City Fire

Welfare of furloughed crews
Tana in hospital with poor prognosis
Cruzin Terry lumpectomy and blood work
Mr. Boston awaiting biopsy results
ger_77 DGS with covid
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and cancelled cruise and Kazu cancelled cruise
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
kakalina with spreading lung cancer in hospice
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness
summer slope BCC surgery in February
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

5 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Happy Birthday TheKingD
Kakalina free of covid and furniture arrival imminent        
Carnival Group  hospital ships Nieuw Amsterdam, Crown Princess, and Queen Victoria
summer slope , sassy~one and bobpatj , (Rotterdam to1/29) and Queen of Da Nile (NS to 2/2) at sea
5 days for Cruising single (Zuiderdam to 2/13)
Cruising single and garlictown in Hawaii
Promising new aides for Mamaofami and Sam
Marley cancer free
Progress for luvteaching DH
cunnorl successful MOSE
Welcome home Marshhawk DH
Highland Cruiser with the grandkids
StLouisCruisers DSIL going to be with his sick mother in
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 12

10 minutes ago, richwmn said:

This quote has been attributed to him in various places, but does not appear elsewhere in his writings. In fact, this phrase could be interpreted that those who create are fighting against their own limitations imposed by society or history; a sentiment that aligns with both creativity and sanity rather than defining them out of existence!

Some of the most likely proofs of the quote’s origins come from:

Rita Mae Brown’s 1983 novel, Sudden Death, published by Bantam Books, New York

Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) pamphlet – Step 2: A promise of Hope

Narcotics Anonymous – The Basic Text of Narcotics Anonymous which was copyrighted in 1981.

Other sources claim the quote was written by Benjamin Franklin.

https://dudeasks.com/did-einstein-really-define-insanity-as-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-again-and-expecting-different-results/

Thanks for the research. 

It's a good quote no matter the origin.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

An Irish coffee sounds good this morning, but I only drink them when cruising. I learned to speak up for myself during my first marriage. (Probably not what the day means but I feel it helped me succeed in life.)

The quote is a good one. Can't wait to find out what the meal is.

@Cruising-alonghappy belated birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day.

@ottahand7good news about your stray cat. 

@marshhawkwelcome home DH.

@StLouisCruiserssending prayers for you and your family.

@dfishthe material is beautiful and I love the pattern.

@kazuwishing you a peaceful day after yesterday which I am sure was stressful.

@lazey1  it's great to hear good news about Kakalena

The shower wall is done so DH will grout today and tomorrow. We may be going to Verizon today which will most likely take up a good chunk of the day. (The closest one is 45 minutes away in Canton.)

Extra prayers for the firemen's families and friends in Baltimore, @StLouisCruisersfamily members, @kazu, Jose, Marley and their medical teams, and @Cruzin Terri.

Have a great day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

OK, I can't resist.  Melbourne was my last time in in-person worship in about 19 months  at St. Michael's Uniting Church (Methodist, Presbyterian, and Congregational):

stmichael1.JPG.3a54c0e0a79d47aae27973a59994be56.JPG

It was also the 10th and last (to date) I attended Come From Away, and had seen it with all the major production companies:

comedy.JPG.ee7a6b30aad418ebb3d1591ad0a8525a.JPG

cfasetau.JPG.ca6e15356bb70b22ed41755cb32ccc90.JPG

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 7

Good afternoon.

39°F and cloudy here in NE England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for keeping the lists current.

Great collection of days.

I regularly used to go to my wholesaler customers sales meetings to speak about our company's products.

When we went to Dublin at new year 2000 I experienced Irish coffee made with Jameson's whisky.

Sadly the quote is true not only for insane people.

I will pass on the food and drink.

Australia is next on our bucket list so Melbourne will be nice to see our friends photos.

Prayers for all on the care list and for the families of the 3 dead and 1 severely injured Baltimore firemen.

Take care.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220125_121745.jpg

Screenshot_20220125_121805.jpg

Screenshot_20220125_121849.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Just got back from the gym and have a hair appointment this morning but wanted to drop in and let you all know DSIL's Mom died last night about 10 pm.  Her MRI yesterday confirmed fluid on the brain and even if the surgeons drained it she was not going to live.  Her brain was too damaged by all the stroke/seizures she experienced in the past 10 days.  DSIL, his Dad and sister said their goodbyes and they started removing feeding tubes. 😪

Very shocking when someone passes so swiftly but I suppose better than lying in bed in a vegatative state for months or years. 

Roy, please remove DSIL from the Celebration list.  Thank you all for your earnest prayers but God does what he has planned. If I have a little time before my appointment I will come back to read.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 27

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Just got back from the gym and have a hair appointment this morning but wanted to drop in and let you all know DSIL's Mom died last night about 10 pm.  Her MRI yesterday confirmed fluid on the brain and even if the surgeons drained it she was not going to live.  Her brain was too damaged by all the stroke/seizures she experienced in the past 10 days.  DSIL, his Dad and sister said their goodbyes and they started removing feeding tubes. 😪

Very shocking when someone passes so swiftly but I suppose better than lying in bed in a vegatative state for months or years. 

Roy, please remove DSIL from the Celebration list.  Thank you all for your earnest prayers but God does what he has planned. If I have a little time before my appointment I will come back to read.

Sorry to read about DSIL Mom passing. 😞 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Another issue with my pictures. Not sure why certain ones cause problems. It wasn’t even the one with the cuss word.🤔

Anyway, the Winter series continues….

5AA421A7-F44D-49A5-B7B3-C0A8932B585B.jpeg.118b6c4134bfaee5ed341ef04467f747.jpeg

3A89CF14-F7BB-456F-AD32-D12DF5355D1C.jpeg.01b90f7654079524bf9f30986e2544b0.jpeg

6F3EC7CA-D6A4-4554-BB1D-09A26EC70314.jpeg.3aadb5dc30eaadd954b8786bc16301fe.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

What a name! The 2020 vintage has very good - excellent ratings and a decent price. It is a dry rosé and I might need to wait for the weather to warm up before trying it. A bit elusive. I found one online distributor offering it for $16.99.  You might find it for less locally. 

Distributor Notes

Trey Busch of Sleight of Hand Cellars and Mark Ryan McNeilly first bonded over rock music. A few years later, they decided to launch The Underground Wine Project in 2009. The lion’s share is devoted to Mr. Pink, a Sangiovese-driven rosé that’s bright and chock full of nerve. It’s decidedly Mr. Pink in color, and opens with a nose combining fruit (strawberry, clementine, summer melon), greens (mint, watermelon rind), citrus (orange peel and grapefruit) and subtleties of Aperol bitters. This is a refreshing summer stunner with mouthwatering natural acidity that surges along a lithe frame. It received a gold medal in 2018 at the Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition in Hood River, Ore.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sending prayers and condolences.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi my condolences to your DSIL, and his family. Praying that good memories help ease their pain. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I could go for an Irish coffee right now, but we don't have any Jamieson's in the house; Bailey's will have to do.  I learned to speak up for myself at an early age.

Well we're back in the deep freeze again with the temp at -31C with a wind chill of -42C.  Tis a chilly one out there this morning.  We have to bundle up and warm up the car because in an hour we have to take Sochi to the vet.  It seems she has an ingrown "thumbnail" - I have no idea what else to call it.  LOL  She had one a couple of years ago and hasn't had any problems since then, but I was holding her the other day and touched her paw when she drew back quickly.  I realized something was wrong, and of course, can you ever get a cat to sit still when you want to see something on their body?  Yeah, right.  Worse than a squirmy child.

@TheKingDHappy Birthday to you!

@StLouisCruisers how sad for the family of your DSIL to lose their dear mom and wife.  Please pass along our condolences.

@Cruzin Terri good luck with your procedure today.

@Live4cruises good luck with your procedure today as well.

Not a lot happening here today, just staying indoors and keeping warm.  Of course now that the cold temps have returned the positive thing is there wasn't any new snow.  I'm not sure we'd enjoy today's menu suggestion, so I'll venture out to the "ice cave" and bring in some salmon that will go in the oven.  While it's baking, I'll make a pan of pan-fried potatoes with onions and green beans - a favourite of DH's.  Accompanied by a salad, that's what will be on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jose, his medical team, Jacqui, and all our Daily-ites and families who are suffering health issues.  We'll clink the glasses tonight to celebrate all on the happy list.  Wash your hands, wear your masks, be well, get your boosters, stay safe and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 1