D, D+, Pinnacle Drink vouchers , no alcohol disembarkation morning

wallyj

Hello, just off Navigator this morning, February 18, bar staff informed me effective today, no alcohol available at Plaza bar, but you could still use your drink vouchers for any non alcoholic drinks. Wonder if those who want to use their last day vouchers for alcohol canned drinks stay up till vouchers are reloaded ? Assume this is going fleetwide?

13 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Hello, just off Navigator this morning, February 18, bar staff informed me effective today, no alcohol available at Plaza bar, but you could still use your drink vouchers for any non alcoholic drinks. Wonder if those who want to use their last day vouchers for alcohol canned drinks stay up till vouchers are reloaded ? Assume this is going fleetwide?

Lol I was told on liberty no fresh squeezed OJ on disembark morning either. Ha.

I could get red bull at the coffee bar lol. 

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe because last day of cruise when getting off a 7 day cruise is not counted , it would really be day 8

Not really because you basically board at lunchtime.  I always get a mimosa the day of disembarkation when I go to the windjammer

5 minutes ago, gerig said:

Not really because you basically board at lunchtime.  I always get a mimosa the day of disembarkation when I go to the windjammer

That is embarkment day(day 1), not disembarkation day 8. on a 7 day cruise.

1 minute ago, gerig said:

The title of the post refers to disembarkation.

Yes, I think he/she is questioning no more alcohol included on the morning you get off the ship at the end of the cruise, not the morning you are getting on the ship like you are talking about.

11 minutes ago, gerig said:

But you need to use all 4-5-6 vouchers during the first day so they don't get cancelled

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I think he/she is questioning no more alcohol included on the morning you get off the ship at the end of the cruise, not the morning you are getting on the ship like you are talking about.

No my comment mentions the morning of disembarkation I get a mimosa in the windjammer

While Im getting ready to leave the ship with my luggage, last thing I care about is a free can of soda.  It may be hours until I find a bathroom.  After spending thousands on a cruise, I can buy soda at the airport.  Maybe if I had a flight at 6pm and we were dawdling on the ship.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I was told on liberty no fresh squeezed OJ on disembark morning either. Ha.

I think this has been true for a long time.  I recall not being able to get fresh squeezed OJ on disembarkation day for quite a while.  

20 minutes ago, gerig said:

No my comment mentions the morning of disembarkation I get a mimosa in the windjammer

Everybody's experience seems to be different.  My experience was the same as yours, got a Bloody Mary at Plaza Bar around 8 am just before disembarking three weeks ago on Navigator.  Earlier that week my wife and I both got drinks at Plaza Bar that were never counted against our vouchers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Everybody's experience seems to be different.  My experience was the same as yours, got a Bloody Mary at Plaza Bar around 8 am just before disembarking three weeks ago on Navigator.  Earlier that week my wife and I both got drinks at Plaza Bar that were never counted against our vouchers.

@taglovestocruise, The bar staff told me today was the start of the new no alcohol available in the morning of disembarkation or turnaround day if u were doing B2B. Last week when I got off the Navigator, I was able to get canned beers or Trulys. Today, I saw at Plaza bar, no alcohol was displayed, also asked  if I could get a Mimosa and the answer was no,  This is why I posted this thread as it is new policy, at least on the Navigator starting today.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Earlier that week my wife and I both got drinks at Plaza Bar that were never counted against our vouchers.

Probably best not to broadcast if you would like the bonus to remain and not get the bar staff into trouble.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

While Im getting ready to leave the ship with my luggage, last thing I care about is a free can of soda.  It may be hours until I find a bathroom.  After spending thousands on a cruise, I can buy soda at the airport.  Maybe if I had a flight at 6pm and we were dawdling on the ship.  

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Since the OP specifically stated "no alcohol" on disembarkation day (last morning...no matter how long the cruise was).   

Me, I find that is a good time to detox.  😉 

8 minutes ago, SheSailsFL said:

I have a 1.5 hour drive home from the port so no morning bev’s for me on disembarkation day. 

I agree when disembarking I have better things to think about but it could be welcome on B2B.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SheSailsFL said:

I have a 1.5 hour drive home from the port so no morning bev’s for me on disembarkation day. 

Some alcoholic's can 't wait that long between drinks.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1