The Daily for Sunday 02/20/2022

richwmn

Good morning, everyone.  

We had a frigid start to the day today, but the sun is out, the sky is a brilliant blue and it is supposed to warm up to near 50F.  I'll take it!  I'll also go out at noon and yell Hoodie Hoo!  My  neighbors will think I am nuts, but they think that anyways.  

I have had the wine and liked it.   I looked for it around here, but couldn't find it.  The drink of the day sounds good.

Today's meal might be great for some, but I am no fan of tofu.  I'll take the mushroom part, though!   I could only find one recipe for it.  There were numerous sites that had the recipe, but they were all the same.   

https://www.punchfork.com/recipe/Spicy-Tofu-Rice-Bowls-with-Pickled-Shiitake-Mushrooms-Epicurious

1553458644_spicytofu1.thumb.jpg.8d87cee95d6da5b7a031129ccc354864.jpg

Looks good, but I am having fish and broccoli.   

Since I could only find one recipe for today's meal, I thought I would supplement with a couple for cherry pie.  The first one is completely from scratch, even pitting the cherries.  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/cherry-pie/

cherry-pie.thumb.jpg.dfc207b0ecd6bf97395d413d6c761d57.jpg

And if you don't want to pit the cherries yourself, this one has a few shortcuts.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cherry-pie-recipe-1913275

767396853_cherrypie2.jpeg.91851b9d1ba2a9a8c9c31e6898d01d9a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need them and cheers to all who are celebrating.   Wishing everyone a wonderful day.   Hoodie Hoo!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

Good morning! It’s family disembarkation day and it will probably take a couple of days to on child proof things back to normal! As always it was wonderful having them here. Precious times.

We have some relatives stopping for an overnight visit this week so I’ll being doing towels and bedding today.

Missing church this morning but maybe can make the 11:00 AM on-line service.

Need to get everything done so I can sit down and enjoy the Daytona 500 later today.

Thanks Rich and to all our contributors.

Have a great week.

• Like 30

Good morning all,

Sad news on the Queen, but she’s an amazing strong woman and will probably be fine. 

Interesting collection of days. Not a fan of cherry pie at all, and I think spring has already chased away winter here in the South. DH has severe SAD, so we had to finally leave the cloudy Michigan climate for more sunshine. We found it here in TN for sure!

Don’t like tofu or whiskey, but would try the wine! I had a nice rosè with our tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich dinner last night - lol. 

Just got notified that the boarding time got moved up a couple of hours for the March cruise - now group C at 12:40pm. DS and I might be able to eat on the ship now!

• Like 29

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  Interesting selection of days I think the only one I really relate to is Cherry Pie Day.  I love the Einstein quote but will pass on the tofu.  Have not been to Trondheim.  I had not heard that the Queen has Covid until I read the Daily.

My alternate menu selection is garden salad, Chicken Parmesan, and ice cream which is my plan based on tonight's menu.  The photo s from last night's lamb shank dinner:

dishes19.jpg

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Jose’s blood tests

Welfare of furloughed crews
The Queen with Covid
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and cancelled cruise
Superoma in isolation
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOSE 2/21
Irishjim losing 2 relatives in 24 hours
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard Kurtybee123
6 BHB with passengers
Cruising-along helping neighbor with military ID
A pain free sleep for Cruisin Terri
2 Days for JAM37 (Mariner OTS 2/22-26)
7 days for NorseH20 (Zuiderdam)
Bon voyage  GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to 2/27)
0106 {Zuiderdam to 2/27),  ottahand7 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/6),  DeeniEncinitas (Riviera to 2/19 to 3/8) ,  and myself and Lady Hudson(Enchantment OTS to 2/25)at sea
Welcome home Criiser Bill
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 11

Good morning friends!  It's sunny and cold but will get to at least 61F today so we're satisfied.  After DH has his coffee time we will go to the grocery hopefully before the crowds show up.  Then I'll do the usual sheet changing, washing and folding we do each Sunday.  I made sure to wash my hair this morning because tomorrow morning is the Mohs surgery on my forehead by the hairline so I won't be wanting to get that area wet for a while.  Since the appointment is so early I won't be here on the Daily in the morning.  But I'll check in once home.

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Daily.  Also nice to see Roy @rafinmdposting the Care and Celebration lists from his cruise.  Thank you Roy!  Your food pics and choices are great.  I heard the Queen was positive for Covid this morning, but also heard Charles and Camilla had been down with Covid as well.  Hmmm!  Love the cherry pie celebration.  I used to make cherry pie with lattice crust instead of a full top crust.  So good!  We don't have a pet in the house so will have to love our DD's, DGD's, and DGS's.  I know they get plenty of love from home.  If I remember to do it I'll be outside at noon yelling Hoodie Hoo because I'm ready to say goodbye to winter.  Come on spring!  I'll pass on the menu suggestion, drink and wine today.  A white or rose will do just fine.

Jacqui @kazuthank you so much for the memes.  So funny!  I'm glad you didn't get caught up in the flood waters yesterday.  I know how badly you want to visit with Jose but he wisely understood you have to watch out for yourself.  Fingers crossed and prayers said you can get to the hospital before too long.  Ann @cat shepardI enjoy your animal series memes as well.  Have a nice outdoor birthday visit for your friend today.  Terry @smitty34877sorry to hear Tana was having some discomfort during the night.  She's no doubt happy to be where people really care about her.  Good luck getting some sleep tonight!  

Trondheim was a stop on the Best Norway Cruise Ever in 2016.  I'll search out the best photos and post while DH is having that coffee.  Have a great day!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich

Interesting collection of days!  I’ll celebrate cherries sans the pie and heck, if shouting Hoodie Hoo at noon scares winter away and brings spring, I’ll do it 😉 I’m ready!  My plow just finished my driveway again!

505D5151-5E64-48C2-BC65-08A7061A671E.jpeg.c197df6c72f4e5c4bdbcd77e9df82c84.jpeg

Every day is love your pet day in this house.

0F4CE66A-F8BE-45B7-BE98-4377CCF374B9.jpeg.9bb8593ad6e94af0f2fa8cc973886d6c.jpeg

Interesting quote by Einstein.  Another port we would have been to in May 😔 Oh well, maybe next year?

Yesterday I wasted an hour + trying to get to the hospital.  The flooded road I showed yesterday was of course closed and the water looked to be frozen.  No problem, I was going the other route.  Oops, not so.  The entrance was flooded and frozen and closed.  My alternate route was the same.

The only route left was the highway but I had no way of knowing what the streets were like when I got off it and this Chicken Little turned around and headed home.  It took twice the time to get to my usual spot to take the road to the hospital.  I should have turned around earlier if I hadn’t been determined.  Fortunately DH understood when I called him.

Of course our clipper came in yesterday and during the night and now, good luck seeing the ice and potholes.  What a winter this has been 😡 

D3ED080B-A8AB-4F03-B3A0-07DA9EF138EB.jpeg.fa6b4fd9d109dfbf7830c711d78fa267.jpeg

Sorry to hear that the Queen has covid 😔 Hopefully her case will be a mild one and she can recover 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory/ Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!!!!

D090669B-3DF8-432D-8F93-DD75525D0C46.thumb.jpeg.ade9b4862fc54b5030436e6c8558a6fb.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your mask

190AC756-B96C-4A10-87DA-1F43DBC37D76.jpeg

Thank you.

Her majesty is experiencing mild cold like symptoms but expects to continue mild duties at Windsor this week.

She is 95 years old but is in isolation with her personal physician looking after her.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 9

42 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  Interesting selection of days I think the only one I really relate to is Cherry Pie Day.  I love the Einstein quote but will pass on the tofu.  Have not been to Trondheim.  I had not heard that the Queen has Covid until I read the Daily.

My alternate menu selection is garden salad, Chicken Parmesan, and ice cream which is my plan based on tonight's menu.  The photo s from last night's lamb shank dinner:

dishes19.jpg

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Jose’s blood tests

Welfare of furloughed crews
The Queen with Covid
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and cancelled cruise
Superoma in isolation
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOSE 2/21
Irishjim losing 2 relatives in 24 hours
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard Kurtybee123
6 BHB with passengers
Cruising-along helping neighbor with military ID
A pain free sleep for Cruisin Terri
2 Days for JAM37 (Mariner OTS 2/22-26)
7 days for NorseH20 (Zuiderdam)
Bon voyage  GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to 2/27)
0106 {Zuiderdam to 2/27),  ottahand7 (Nieuw Statendam to 3/6),  DeeniEncinitas (Riviera to 2/19 to 3/8) ,  and myself and Lady Hudson(Enchantment OTS to 2/25)at sea
Welcome home Criiser Bill
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Looks like you had a nice meal last night and tonight's meal sounds good too.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise.

Graham

• Like 16

On July 1, 2016 the Prinsendam arrived in Trondheim, Norway.  It was also Canada Day so later that evening we had a great celebration at our dinner table, since our 4 tablemates were from Canada.  Three days later we all 6 celebrated July 4th Independence Day.  Here are some arrival photos.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLufyrFX9kAbUVhN726wM1n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468077975

On our left as we entered the harbor was the Munkholmen, an ancient fortress island.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-lQPgnrkV3XPqqecmLIei?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468077954

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJY6d4deoi7-MMbKffOTXWz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468077980

Look who was on the bridge wing.  Captain D.D.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-n4eUhzg-EdpQvtCdh3kb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468077988

We departed the ship and walked towards the the famous Nidaros Cathedral.  But we had lots to see before we arrived there.  I love the fact the Norwegians aren't afraid of using color on their buildings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDIZtLCqwO9zZDjgkbAmFS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078022

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5Zy43AeyzudgFBAtN79f1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078030

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBhWBLgO6InOjCFS-I_9-Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078030

On the way to the Cathedral we passed the Church of Our Lady, St. Mary's, built at nearly the same time as Nidaros Cathedral.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVGTFX6ypNX24OXElwQtoA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078043

Oh my, we passed by lots of interesting places on our way to the Cathedral.  Parks, squares, shopping malls, statues, murals on walls.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyeUuFX8HGUwvC0ZsmuUyw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078051

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNx_-boqOTv1eRJip_mBtW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078085

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLw3KXBdYRnTZQXEoqAHH2G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078099

We finally arrived at the Nidaros Cathedral but for some reason I couldn't get a level photo of the front of it.  All of them seemed to tilt!  I tried over and over.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINP2XBrXEiC7Z8cfILeHTh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078118

That was the best I guess.  This Cathedral was built in 1070 and is the largest one in northern Europe.  Pretty impressive from the outside.  I wondered if they gave tours of the inside so went into the visitor center across from it to see.  There were very long lines but when I saw the very expensive ticket price I decided to pass on waiting for a tour.  We had lots of other places to see in Trondheim, too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuGTXutLK8n1KRmal8hiQ9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078115

It was massive so we walked all the way around but could never get a photo of the whole thing in one shot.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKN1O8M7rVFTkfU6gPvQWfU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078143

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFEgRmMyT6J9DRg67YVDRb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078155

This will have to do!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ-t7ZlmhqeCoSqZ3YkgT3E?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078165

I have about 3 dozen photos but did see this one finally as we left the property.  You can see a lot of it here, except where the one tree in the middle is blocking the view.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjDE7Cy4RrNyUNDAjauRuK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078180

There is a lot more to see so I'll post this one and continue on other post.  I hope there are no typos!!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 7

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's sunny and cold but will get to at least 61F today so we're satisfied.  After DH has his coffee time we will go to the grocery hopefully before the crowds show up.  Then I'll do the usual sheet changing, washing and folding we do each Sunday.  I made sure to wash my hair this morning because tomorrow morning is the Mohs surgery on my forehead by the hairline so I won't be wanting to get that area wet for a while.  Since the appointment is so early I won't be here on the Daily in the morning.  But I'll check in once home.

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Daily.  Also nice to see Roy @rafinmdposting the Care and Celebration lists from his cruise.  Thank you Roy!  Your food pics and choices are great.  I heard the Queen was positive for Covid this morning, but also heard Charles and Camilla had been down with Covid as well.  Hmmm!  Love the cherry pie celebration.  I used to make cherry pie with lattice crust instead of a full top crust.  So good!  We don't have a pet in the house so will have to love our DD's, DGD's, and DGS's.  I know they get plenty of love from home.  If I remember to do it I'll be outside at noon yelling Hoodie Hoo because I'm ready to say goodbye to winter.  Come on spring!  I'll pass on the menu suggestion, drink and wine today.  A white or rose will do just fine.

Jacqui @kazuthank you so much for the memes.  So funny!  I'm glad you didn't get caught up in the flood waters yesterday.  I know how badly you want to visit with Jose but he wisely understood you have to watch out for yourself.  Fingers crossed and prayers said you can get to the hospital before too long.  Ann @cat shepardI enjoy your animal series memes as well.  Have a nice outdoor birthday visit for your friend today.  Terry @smitty34877sorry to hear Tana was having some discomfort during the night.  She's no doubt happy to be where people really care about her.  Good luck getting some sleep tonight!  

Trondheim was a stop on the Best Norway Cruise Ever in 2016.  I'll search out the best photos and post while DH is having that coffee.  Have a great day!

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for your MOHS surgery tomorrow morning Sandi.

G&P.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

After we left the Cathedral we walked to the Gamle Bybro bridge, called the Old Town Bridge. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFlEfuppEFmPsC2q7XnHIM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078191

It's become the symbol of Trondheim and connects the two banks of the river Nidelven.  It was first built in 1681.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqSfI2wDxNswU8uoaVmF4h?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078235

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcba4rTm-zH-Sd_9FvyX4b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078248

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4NQ8AglbaXmdx102vLG54?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078197

Continuing on00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLjwnOOlSFFSetFfrGBju7J?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078259

We were headed uphill towards the Kristiansten Fortress built in 1685.  Very steep climb.  On the hill along the curb was a bicycle lift.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwlbmLVGiNqCSut6Kbs7oK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078262

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINDO7DFkzF6EhwegtnbWQ4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078272

You put your right food on a triangular shaped metal pad that rises up the hill as you sit on your bike and it does all the work.  Here's a pic of someone using it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKirEs1YvMu80HW3244a9D0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1645368130

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLb3YMmlVfeQ6vuSVAma2dd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078421

Anyway we got up to the Fortress and walked around quite a bit there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ-w0EK260z88RbNKw--gZz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078342

Lots to see inside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRXd_j7QN8o7JDZ-Q3Eo_C?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078362

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKyN6RbX8nEDq5cjWcDFME?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078358

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIeXsYn33tXeg6AHMbLavnd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078365

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKumukTv5o2yrSiSlEUQ9wu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078400

At the bottom of the hill we enjoyed seeing the little shops and restaurants as we headed back to the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIq_MmyhraTGMwM9bPneHhn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078435

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLB1-bsgmgHfsUfPQ6fOvEl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468079284

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFELMtXlH_eCjvF5TQTXSE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468079296

Back to the lovely Prinsendam00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI5rMtHyxlbHFC3IELx_skD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078014

Well, coffee time is past for DH so time to get the groceries bought.  I hope you get to Trondheim someday, too.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 6

Good morning from sunny Quartzsite.  A little later today, we'll be heading to Parker to the grocery store and the big box store.

I haven't made a cherry pie in about 20+ years.  DH likes them, but they are not my favorite.  There is no need to shout Hoodie Hoo in the southwestern desert.  Will celebrate love your pet days even though the seven cats and two dogs DH and I had have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.    We miss them all, but especially Brandy and Nikki.  Brandy was the smaller of the two, but she was definitely the Boss including to us.

Dogs.thumb.jpg.f6b297f879e070ae6ba98c90cb3f8fe2.jpg

I like the Albert Einstein quote.  Without imagination a lot of things would never have been invented.

We'll pass on the meal (not tofu fans), drink and wine.

Was sorry to read the Queen has Covid.  Hope it remains a mild case.

@kazu  Sorry you could not make it into see DH yesterday, but you chose the safest course of action.

@cat shepard  Love the pictures with the animal babies.

@sassy~one  Debbie, congratulations on the upcoming cruise on NS.

@mamaofami  Glad Sam is painting and framing his work.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri great that you are still pain free.

@ger_77  Gerry, happy you dodged the bad weather.

@GTVCRUISER  Bon Voyage.  That will be our ship in two weeks.

We have been to Trondheim twice.   The first time was in 2005 on Marco Polo and the second was 2011 on Prinsendam.  For some reason CC is not letting me upload the pictures of Trondheim.  I'll post them later today after we get back from Parker.

Lenda

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a sunny day at the beach

We no longer have any pets but we enjoy the pets that belong to others. Have not been to todays port, but Norway is definitely back on the list. We had one cancelled in 2020. Not a fan of tofu but DH loves cherry pie. 

@StLouisCruisers Best of luck with the surgery tomorrow. Hope it goes quickly.

@cat shepard Stay safe with the visitors in town for the 500.  When we lived in Ormond Beach in the early 90s we never left our neighborhood all weekend. 

@kazu Sorry you could not get to the hospital yesterday but it is better to be safe. Hopefully your weather will improve soon.

DH wants me to look into Global Entry. He had " Clear" during his working years . He thinks it would be helpful. I am not sure, but will check it out. I guess anything that would make travel simpler would be worth it.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

After looking at the weather forecast for next week, I will be out shouting "Hoodie-Hoo"!!! Maybe I can turn the snow into a nice Spring rain. I would be happy with the cherry pie and would love to visit more of Norway. Someday, someday, someday.

Bandit and I plan to spend the day cleaning house (he does leave hair and muddy footprints) and I am going to make a quick grocery run. We are supposed to have a shelter meeting this week, but I am thinking about moving it to the following week based on the forecast. Maybe wait until tomorrow to move it and see how my Hoodie-Hoo works.

Susan

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On July 1, 2016 the Prinsendam arrived in Trondheim, Norway.  It was also Canada Day so later that evening we had a great celebration at our dinner table, since our 4 tablemates were from Canada.  Three days later we all 6 celebrated July 4th Independence Day.  Here are some arrival photos.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLufyrFX9kAbUVhN726wM1n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468077975

On our left as we entered the harbor was the Munkholmen, an ancient fortress island.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-lQPgnrkV3XPqqecmLIei?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468077954

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJY6d4deoi7-MMbKffOTXWz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468077980

Look who was on the bridge wing.  Captain D.D.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-n4eUhzg-EdpQvtCdh3kb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468077988

We departed the ship and walked towards the the famous Nidaros Cathedral.  But we had lots to see before we arrived there.  I love the fact the Norwegians aren't afraid of using color on their buildings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDIZtLCqwO9zZDjgkbAmFS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078022

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5Zy43AeyzudgFBAtN79f1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078030

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBhWBLgO6InOjCFS-I_9-Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078030

On the way to the Cathedral we passed the Church of Our Lady, St. Mary's, built at nearly the same time as Nidaros Cathedral.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVGTFX6ypNX24OXElwQtoA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078043

Oh my, we passed by lots of interesting places on our way to the Cathedral.  Parks, squares, shopping malls, statues, murals on walls.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyeUuFX8HGUwvC0ZsmuUyw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078051

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNx_-boqOTv1eRJip_mBtW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078085

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLw3KXBdYRnTZQXEoqAHH2G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078099

We finally arrived at the Nidaros Cathedral but for some reason I couldn't get a level photo of the front of it.  All of them seemed to tilt!  I tried over and over.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINP2XBrXEiC7Z8cfILeHTh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078118

That was the best I guess.  This Cathedral was built in 1070 and is the largest one in northern Europe.  Pretty impressive from the outside.  I wondered if they gave tours of the inside so went into the visitor center across from it to see.  There were very long lines but when I saw the very expensive ticket price I decided to pass on waiting for a tour.  We had lots of other places to see in Trondheim, too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuGTXutLK8n1KRmal8hiQ9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078115

It was massive so we walked all the way around but could never get a photo of the whole thing in one shot.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKN1O8M7rVFTkfU6gPvQWfU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078143

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFEgRmMyT6J9DRg67YVDRb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078155

This will have to do!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ-t7ZlmhqeCoSqZ3YkgT3E?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078165

I have about 3 dozen photos but did see this one finally as we left the property.  You can see a lot of it here, except where the one tree in the middle is blocking the view.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjDE7Cy4RrNyUNDAjauRuK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468078180

There is a lot more to see so I'll post this one and continue on other post.  I hope there are no typos!!

Excellent photos of Trondheim Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

We love cherry pie and it's DH's favorite.  I only make it with home-canned pie cherries (yes I pit them).  

I had to google Hoodie Hoo Day too.  We see signs of spring here already, so I'll pass on yelling outside at noon 😉  I do worry about the "frozen mix" forecast for this week though.

We've loved every single pet we've ever had, always cats.  But after Suhy passed at 17 in 2011 and we retired, traveling more, we haven't gotten another pet.  We'll be celebrating the day anyway today when we check on DD's cats.  DD and her family are away on a skiing trip this weekend and we and DS are taking days to check on them -- especially the kitty that just came out of a health scare.  He's on a special diet now and doing very well, but his condition could return at any time so we're watching him closely.

Great quote, I'll pass on the meal (no tofu or mushrooms for me please), wine and drink.  Have been to Norway but not Trondheim.  Thank you @StLouisCruisersSandi for the great photos!  

I was sorry to hear that the Queen has Covid and hope it remains mild.

@smitty34877Terry I was sorry to hear that Tana had a difficult night.  Prayers that tonight will be better.

@Cruzin TerriTerri so glad that your hands remain pain-free!

@StLouisCruisersSandi best wishes for your Mohs surgery tomorrow.

@rafinmdRoy thank you for putting my niece on the care list.  When you return (no need to do anything now, enjoy your cruise!) you could just put her on the rotating list.   I'm afraid her problem is going to be long-lasting and it could take a very long time to get a 2nd kidney. 😞  

Our last kitty, Suhy.  I raised her with a bottle, she was abandoned at around 10 days.  

3514951_SweetSuhy.jpg.0ce6975d433f132b1d044aa0e764017d.jpg

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hoping your surgery goes well.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Last night Tana had a lot of difficulty  so I was up  for about an hour trying to help.

Bless you for caring for her ♥️ 

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I went back to bed to find that her dog as well as mine were sleeping  away on my side if the bed. I had to laugh as they looked quite comfy.

That’s what you get for helping 😂 😉 

4 hours ago, sassy~one said:

Just booked Nieuw Statendam March 16 - April 6. This is a new ship to me.

Wonderful 🙂 Have a great time !

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

It appears we may have dodged a weather bullet - right now there are weather warnings and advisories to not go out on the highways starting about 1.5 hours south of us.  I know overnight we had strong winds, as I heard the house creaking a number of times, but we didn't get the freezing rain and snow along with it. 

Nice to hear you dodged the bad weather.  You deserved a break 👍 Now if your winter and the frozen tundra would just warm up !

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

tomorrow morning is the Mohs surgery on my forehead by the hairline so I won't be wanting to get that area wet for a while.

Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow 🙏🏻 

Well, it took a while, but Chicken Little (me) did get to the hospital.  I only went into one serious skid once 😳 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

This morning my phone was going crazy with alerts about the weather. 7 degree nights. Wind and snow starting in about an hour for the next two days. It wouldn’t be so bad except it might stop food and presents from getting delivered for my birthday the middle of this week. Haha. I really only expect something from my sister (her words were, don’t get excited, it’s just something small so you know I’m thinking of you) and the Schwan’s man. 
Thanks Rich and all. Prayers and cheers for our Dailyite family. 

PS I really need to remember to shout hoodie hoo at noon. 

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 22