The Daily for Friday 03/18/2022

richwmn

Today is Awkward Moments Day, Red Nose Day (UK), and National Preschool Teachers Appreciation Day

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Meal Suggestion for today - Acqua pazza
Drink of the Day - Peach Old Fashioned
Wine of the Day - Comm. G. B. Burlotto 2017 Monvigliero (Barolo) Pie
Destination of the Day - Cape Town, South Africa

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Eurodam   Destination Port Everglades eta 3/20
Nieuw Statendam   Destination Philipsburg St Maa eta 3/19
Rotterdam   Destination Key West eta 3/19

At Sea Pacific

Koningsdam   Destination San Diego eta 3/20

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Nieuw Amsterdam   08:00 - 15:00

Raiatea Island, Uturoa, French Polynesia

Zuiderdam   17:00

Ships Without Passengers

Cadiz SP

Zaandam   Shipyard

Great Stirrup Cay

Noordam   Anchorage

Limassol, CY

Oosterdam   Anchorage

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

Malaga SP

Volendam   Anchorage

0318World.thumb.png.9f265f31362074c959d60e9d4bc743b0.png
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

I have too many awkward moments, who knew that was a day?  A big thank you for Red Nose Day, too bad it is necessary.  A big thanks to Preschool Teachers.

Interesting quote.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe for today's meal suggestion.

The drink of the day sounds tasty,  I'm sure the wine is too.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope we get some good news.

Have a great Friday.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  I'll need to see what Graham has to say about Red Nose Day.  I've had a few Awkward Moments and Preschool Teachers are very important.  I like the Rowling quote.  I spent 3 days in Cape Town between disembarking Crystal Serenity and boarding Amsterdam and was due to be back in 2020 on QM2.  I had to look up Acqua pazza and will give it a pass as I don't eat seafood.  My alternative is Chilled Raspberry Soup, Caribbean Jerk Chicken Breast, and Apple Cinnamon Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam March 18, 2019.

dishes18.jpg

Today’s care list:

Kakalina with esophageal blockage and numbered days
Ukraine
Hartgrove older sister with aggressive cancer
Strength for Jacqui as she searches for a suitable facility for Jose
Marely’s continuing decline
Welfare of furloughed crews
HAL Sailer DH in hospital with unsure diagnosis
Tana with pneumonia and rough nights
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
Buddy still having trouble getting food down
Sam with tinnitus and TMJ
From the rotation:
Cruzn single post-covid fatigue
MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise
ger_77 DH awaiting pacemaker
Marshhawk awaiting surgery and problems with Doctor/pharmacy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Noordam in service April rather than May
6 BHB with passengers
Roofing progress on durangoscots shelter
60 years for irishjim and DW
3 days for Aliaschief and Dwaliaschief (Rotterdam to 4/3)
2 days for Lady Hudson (Anthem OTS to 4/3)
 Navybikermom (Nieuw Amsterdam to 3/19),  GTVCCRUISER (Koningsdam to 3/20), DeeniEncinitas  (Ruby Princess to 3/27),  Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam to 4/3) and NorseH20 and dchip (Zuiderdam to 4/3)Overhead Fred, sassy-one, and sailingdutchy (Niew Statendam  to 4/ 6) at sea
Last minute bookings for Vict0riann and AV8rix
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - enjoying a well earned vacation. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 11

Happy Friday everyone.  I’m not so sure that I’ll celebrate awkward moments, I usually try and forget about them as soon as they occur.  I’ll bet that the folks who were celebrating St. Patrick’s Day yesterday have some red noses!  A nod to pre school teachers.  Not sure what the meal suggestion is so I’ll have to wait on that.  Like the quote.  The drink sounds like it might be nice.  Haven’t been to today’s port but will enjoy the photos. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 24

For March 18 I have a sunset rather than a sunrise. It's from my 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America cruise.  On March 18 Prinsendam was in Barbados.

dusk0318.jpg

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good morning! We have settled into the Renaissance awaiting our Rotterdam cruise on Sunday. We dined at 17 Street Thai Sushi last night right across the parking lot from our hotel. Very good. Tonight we are eating at a Indian restaurant. DW’s identical twin joins us Saturday where we have dinner reservations at Fishery

Might go lay and read  by the pool if weather is OK. DW has some business conference calls so it’s working day for her. She retires next month then we’ll be  touring a lot.

Headed down for our free breakfast. Thanks to all and wishes for a great weekend.

• Like 35

Good morning, everyone.

It is supposed to be warm again today with a high nearing 70F, but the rain will be creeping in later this afternoon and evening.  I'm going out to eat with friends and then to the theater to see another friend in a play.  But first, the pool calls to me this morning.   

Today's meal looks good to me.  Fish is the staple of my diet and I will eat fish several times a week.  I made and exception yesterday for St. Patrick's Day and made the Guinness Stew.   Mmmmm   Anyways, our first offering comes from Giada De Laurentiis and the Food Network.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/acqua-pazza-7116722

292928060_Acquapazza1.jpeg.f926de5435db7df31c33194e6eefb6ee.jpeg

This one gives us a nice run down and types of fish that can be used and which ones to avoid in the dish.   https://www.recipetineats.com/acqua-pazza-italian-poached-fish/

737440894_acquapazza2.jpg.174189171f2fdbb1bef4ad3820a67cec.jpg

Acqua Pazza is basically a poached fish that relies on the seasonings to bring the flavor out.  You can adjust seasonings to your tastes.  The dish is sometimes referred to as Crazy Water.  https://www.italianfoodforever.com/2019/03/acqua-pazza/

1705397566_acquapazza4.jpg.b84a5f4885bd07ec1cd7ab80b98eca2f.jpg

I'm looking forward to Tana's choice.  I know mine.

Prayers for all in need, especially Ukraine and our Daily family members.  Cheers to those who are celebrating.   Wishing you all a wonderful day.  

• Like 32
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Looks like another lovely day in the neighborhood. No fawns this morning. 😞

I am running a bit late this morning. I believe Bindi sniffed EVERY blade of grass on our walk this morning. And it is finally mani - pedi day. I destroyed two nails gardening this week.  So a quick cup of coffee & I am off. 

Friday smiles….

45AAE3BC-7013-447C-9A48-11E803B518BB.jpeg.b094c57fca66a51ef0389b50078aaf49.jpeg

DEACC1ED-9E34-4693-BAAD-F14AA744BD5C.jpeg.e2984aa10aa9da5e38627710924c49ac.jpeg

4826593B-8BB3-477D-814C-70478011AD26.jpeg.14227cc091035b773ae0c0b1806536b4.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Comm. G. B. Burlotto 2017 Monvigliero (Barolo)

This amazing wine has superb ratings- it’s lowest score is 94! But it has an amazing price to go with it. Though you might find it cheaper locally, the lowest online price I could find was $285!
Product description

Deep black almandine with black reflections. The bouquet is young but quite impressive, with elegant spice — nutmeg and hints of clove — mingled with cherry prune and some rosa canina. On the palate it’s rich and smooth, with powerful cherry plum fruit supported by dusky acidity and smooth sweet tannins that flow into a clean fresh berry fruit finish. Quite pleasant and will drink very well with roasts or stews.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

Good morning to  all of you.It promises to be 70 today and the sun is peeking out after

an early morning fog.I was up ridiculously  early and could barely see across the street.

Tana and I decided that the first recipe would suit us well for tonight.I just need to defrost the cod we have in the freezer and get some fennel. Thank you Debbie @dfish.Tana admired your hair  too!

I have had many awkward moments but don't  need a day to celebrate  them.I will salute preschool teachers and  Red nose day.

We are hoping that the visiting nurse finds our patient somewhat  improved.I think this antibiotic did the trick.Fingers crossed.

@ger_77,I am glad your relatives and friends were ok after the earthquake  yesterday.It has to be so frightening  to have anothrr one in the same basic location.

• Like 29

Good morning everyone. I like to forget awkward moments but I will certainly celebrate pre school teachers. Pre school is a very important place to learn social skills and to interact with other children . I think our pre schoolers lost a lot during the pandemic. 

Expecting warm weather today and then rain for Saturday. I’m hoping Congress passes the bill to keep Daylight savings all year. I hate when the days get dark by 4pm since I don’t like to drive in the dark.

Prayers for all who need them and for the brave people of Ukraine. I can’t begin to imagine what they are going through.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 28

Good Morning from a very foggy day at the beach

Going to be warm today with rain coming back this evening. Hope it holds off, our cancelled golf tournament is today. ( finally). Should be a lot of fun. Only a few people dropped out and a others took their place so we are all good to go.

Like the quote. Awkward Moments Day?? I have had a few, didnt know they had their own day.

Have not been to todays port. Looking forward to pictures. 

A friend of mine works at the port, checking people in for cruises. She had us in hysterics as she told some of the recent encounters. Funny but sad that people are so ill prepared to go on a trip.  From not having their documents to being there on the wrong day, wrong cruiseline, it is amazing.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 26

Good morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and Debbie for today's recipes.  And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Spoke to my older sister very briefly yesterday to wish her "Happy St. Patrick's Day." She had her last immunotherapy treatment Wednesday which leaves her very nauseous and weak the next day. The last treatment the doctors intend to perform. I'm not sure when she will be scanned next, which will be the indicator.

Stay safe!

- Jack

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, and wear your mask.

Peach Old Fashioned:

3 parts Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon
1 parts DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
1 1/2 slice Orange
1 or 2 Cherries
2 dashes Bitters

Instructions
Pull the stem off of the cherry and drop it in an old fashioned glass with orange and bitters. Muddle gently with a half teaspoon of sugar. Fill glass with ice and add spirits, stir to combine. garnish with a slice of peach or orange.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 8.51.59 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Good morning, ALL and thanks @rafinmd for adding my DH back on the pray list. DH was finally moved from ER to a hospital room at 2am this morning and I came home soon after. Currently, there are more questions than answers but his medical team is leaving no stone unturned. 

Blessedly, after his 2016 stroke, we downsized and moved to a condo within a mile of our excellent regional hospital. So, it will be easy for me to come/go during his hospitalization.

Thanks everyone for your prayer and care. I can feel your virtual hugs!

-Melisa

• Like 26
  • Thanks 9

Good morning friends!  Happy Friday.  Have to remember to avoid meat today.  We walked outside around the neighborhood this morning.  Forecast is for isolated showers later and a high of only 63F.

I've probably had my share of awkward moments.  Hope to get the inside scoop from Graham @grapau27on Red Nose Day.  I salute all teachers including pre-school.  No thanks to the menu suggestion today.  We have not been to Cape Town but of course it's on the Grand Africa itinerary so maybe...  

Thanks for our Daily Rich @richwmnand Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  We're happy to cheer the people celebrating good fortune, but also praying steadily for our Care list.  We pray especially often for the people of Ukraine and everyone assisting them.  @HeartgroveJack, I hope your sister can recover quickly from her cancer treatment.  Good luck to Ann @marshhawk's DH during his colonoscopy.  Hoping to hear some good news from Jacqi @kazuon her search for Jose's new facility, and for Marley.  Fingers crossed for a good report from Tana's nurse.  Ann @cat shepardBindi's sniffing reminds me of DD's dog Gracie.  You definitely don't get any cardio walking that dog!  She sniffs everything!  That's why she's most often let out into the backyard with her invisible fence, so she can run around and chase birds.  She doesn't stop to sniff the grass in her own yard. 🐶

DH had his consultation yesterday and is progressing along on the implant route.  This takes forever to get done here.  Now he goes back May 12.  I wasn't aware it took so many steps and that once he has the post then he has to have the crown made at the regular dental office.  We're scheduled to be gone from late May to late June so the oral surgeon said that was fine.  Will keep you posted.

Have a great day all!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon.

Sunny 62°F but breezy today.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for the various lists.

Interesting days and quotes.

I will give the food and drink a miss.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Take care.

Graham.

16476092746642390190047423605248.jpg

Screenshot_20220318_141152.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting.  @dfish recipes would allow me to give it a try.  It will be another busy work day today.  I need to tell hospitals that a project that we all thought could wait until next year must be done by October.  I may need a drink by lunchtime.😆

image.png.515f604b1a5471f633c306b6c6bf6bab.png

• Like 19
  • Haha 16