The Daily for Friday 04/15/2022

richwmn

@kazu you certainly had a day from h**l yesterday. I am amazed at your strength. I understand about your ring, I had to remove my rings when I was working in the OR and put them on a chain around my neck. Once it came unclasped, my wedding ring was still on it  but I couldn't find my engagement ring. I didn't notice until after the procedures were done and the rooms had been cleared and all the trash disposed of.

When I got home and took my clothes of to shower I found it was in my bra!!!. Such a relief

Hope you have a better day and a peaceful holiday.

Mary 

• Like 25

Good morning friends!  It's a chilly morning here but should be mid 70's today and sunny.  We took an extra long walk this morning.  Halfway through we made a turn onto the golf course cart path which winds around behind our house so we get to look at it from a new perspective back there.  It ended up a 3.6 mile walk and normally we only do 2.5 to 3.0.  Extra weary after that.  The moon was out when we left and was huge!  By the end it was daylight.  Here is a photo taken along the cart path.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKLCTIP6-TkWAqobF79lDD6V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650024750

I just got word from DD a short time ago she is taking a day off teaching because her doggie Gracie started having seizures at 5:30 am today, 4 in a row.  They took her to the vet to get help as it opened up.  They are going to give her valium intravanously and monitor her today.  DD is crying a lot as you can imagine because she's afraid of what may come.  Gracie's only 6 and a sweet dog.  I'm praying she can recover and live a normal life with her vet's help.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1g3KsvYcYyLc3G4OL8PB8VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1613850871

Happy Good Friday and Passover to all who celebrate them.  The Titanic Remembrance Day is a somber one.  ASL is such a great skill to learn and I applaud all who do.  Art helps make our lives more beautiful.  No thanks on the Bacalhau.  Puerto Chiapas was port of the day on April 10.  We have stopped there once and I posted photos last year.  Will probably go back and copy them for you.  In the meantime thanks for the Daily Rich and the lists Roy.  Where would we be without the Daily and our CC friends?  Prayers said for the lists, my family, Gracie, and of course the Ukrainians.  Bless them and all who come to their aid.  @kazuJacqui, it made my heart ache to read of all the problems you had to face yesterday.  I am so thankful you found the ring!  Of course insurance can't replace the memories of your engagement ring and I wouldn't blame you for being devastated if it had gone missing forever.  

We have to go get groceries after DH's coffee hour so I have to finish up here.  Everyone have a wonderful day!

We stopped at Puerto Chiapas on our Panama Canal (FLL to San Diego) in March 2016 on the Westerdam.  To be honest, that stop is basically a cruise ship built dock with nothing there but a building where the local dancers can welcome you and a few trinkets sold there.  If you don't take a tour here, and I don't know what those tours were because we didn't take one, you have to stay on the ship or buy a ride on a van to the next town, Tapachula.  There wasn't a lot there to see or interest us so basically we rode over there, got out to walk around a bit and high-tailed it back to the ship.  

View of the dockenhance

dancers showing their skillsenhance

Buses for the tours getting ready to fill upenhance

Vans for shuttling to townenhance

As you can tell there was nowhere to go here by the ship, so we took the van to Tapachula.  Photos of the city below. enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Riders in the back of a pick up truck.enhance

Heading to the air conditioning on the ship.   AAAHHH!enhance

But first a photo of Flat Stanley at the welcome sign to show he was here.  He was traveling with us as part of our grandson Austin's class project.enhance

• Like 28
  • Thanks 10

Historic Baltimore is known for coddies, a working man’s food.  Baltimore coddies, not to be confused with codfish cakes, are hand-formed, slightly flattened potato cakes flavored with salt cod and other seasonings and then deep-fried. They are traditionally served at room temperature, sandwiched between two saltine crackers with a dollop of yellow mustard.  

1D271054-B551-4DBD-B3B7-8BFC6E992E6B.jpeg.b80d70190e81d4c0daf349c2de9a0b22.jpeg

https://www.ontysplate.com/old-fashioned-baltimore-coddies/

If you decide to make them,  be sure to soak the salt cod.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I worked with a lady who was fluent in ASL; she was a great help when we had deaf "clients".   We haven't been to any Titanic museums, but both DH and I have read many articles about the ship and it's sinking.  Cheers to all who create art for us to enjoy!  Today's quote made me chuckle.

A blessed Good Friday to all who observe it, and a Happy Passover tonight to our Jewish friends.  

@kazuoh my gosh, you did have the day from H!!!  I'd have been totally annoyed at having to wait 5 hours to get my vehicle serviced - perhaps next time you can take it to another place?  And your ring !!!   My heart sunk when I first read you were missing your engagement ring, but I was relieved to hear that it had been found.  Yes, you can replace them, but it's the sentimental meaning to the original one that's lost.  Hugs to you.

A quiet day for us, as most Good Fridays are.  I do have one task, and that's making dessert for this evening.  I found a recipe online the other day for a super simple pie using peach slices, flour, sugar and whipping cream that you pour into a frozen pie shell and bake.  I did a trial run yesterday that received rave reviews from DH, so will be making another one to take with us to our friend's for dinner tonight.  I'm not sure what's on the menu, but we know it's going to be delicious, as he's a great cook.  Whatever we have, I won't have to make it, so I'll enjoy every bit of it.  And wine.

Dust.thumb.jpg.e6eab176a11b88afe2a17781674139f2.jpg

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Ukraine and all who are providing aid.  Extra also for our Daily family who are struggling.  We'll clink our glasses together to salute all on the celebration list.  Stay safe, wash your hands, get your boosters, wear your masks when you need to, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I found a recipe online the other day for a super simple pie using peach slices, flour, sugar and whipping cream that you pour into a frozen pie shell and bake.  I did a trial run yesterday that received rave reviews from DH, so will be making another one to take with us to our friend's for dinner tonight.

Recipe, please. My kind of cooking - and eating!

• Like 21

56 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's a chilly morning here but should be mid 70's today and sunny.  We took an extra long walk this morning.  Halfway through we made a turn onto the golf course cart path which winds around behind our house so we get to look at it from a new perspective back there.  It ended up a 3.6 mile walk and normally we only do 2.5 to 3.0.  Extra weary after that.  The moon was out when we left and was huge!  By the end it was daylight.  Here is a photo taken along the cart path.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKLCTIP6-TkWAqobF79lDD6V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650024750

I just got word from DD a short time ago she is taking a day off teaching because her doggie Gracie started having seizures at 5:30 am today, 4 in a row.  They took her to the vet to get help as it opened up.  They are going to give her valium intravanously and monitor her today.  DD is crying a lot as you can imagine because she's afraid of what may come.  Gracie's only 6 and a sweet dog.  I'm praying she can recover and live a normal life with her vet's help.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1g3KsvYcYyLc3G4OL8PB8VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1613850871

Happy Good Friday and Passover to all who celebrate them.  The Titanic Remembrance Day is a somber one.  ASL is such a great skill to learn and I applaud all who do.  Art helps make our lives more beautiful.  No thanks on the Bacalhau.  Puerto Chiapas was port of the day on April 10.  We have stopped there once and I posted photos last year.  Will probably go back and copy them for you.  In the meantime thanks for the Daily Rich and the lists Roy.  Where would we be without the Daily and our CC friends?  Prayers said for the lists, my family, Gracie, and of course the Ukrainians.  Bless them and all who come to their aid.  @kazuJacqui, it made my heart ache to read of all the problems you had to face yesterday.  I am so thankful you found the ring!  Of course insurance can't replace the memories of your engagement ring and I wouldn't blame you for being devastated if it had gone missing forever.  

We have to go get groceries after DH's coffee hour so I have to finish up here.  Everyone have a wonderful day!

We stopped at Puerto Chiapas on our Panama Canal (FLL to San Diego) in March 2016 on the Westerdam.  To be honest, that stop is basically a cruise ship built dock with nothing there but a building where the local dancers can welcome you and a few trinkets sold there.  If you don't take a tour here, and I don't know what those tours were because we didn't take one, you have to stay on the ship or buy a ride on a van to the next town, Tapachula.  There wasn't a lot there to see or interest us so basically we rode over there, got out to walk around a bit and high-tailed it back to the ship.  

View of the dockenhance

As you can tell there was nowhere to go here by the ship, so we took the van to Tapachula.  Photos of the city below. enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

But first a photo of Flat Stanley at the welcome sign to show he was here.  He was traveling with us as part of our grandson Austin's class project.enhance

Sending prayers 🙏 for the cute Gracie.

Hopefully she has no more seizures.

Graham.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our TGIF & Good Friday Daily, Rich.

Wonderful collection of days.  Sign language is so important for the deaf and where would we be without art?  A gentleman in Nova Scotia has just completed and in depth miniature of the Titanic to celebrate the day.

A blessed Good Friday to all our Christian CC friends;

BE606DB3-AAF5-4537-A817-88D6F5150AB4.gif.28d737f95f964d3105ff0b6955764a6d.gif

and a Happy Passover to all of our Jewish friends:

854693B3-6D7F-48C7-B7BE-384F9D9A9C97.png.954843f4a64fcdf551febe73e5fddcad.png

LOL ON THE Bukowski quote.  I can attest to having gone crazy 😉 This meme really suits me as you will soon see:

D4FABD3A-7A45-4542-8C36-D032FC8CE5DC.thumb.jpeg.1e379045e908c07e9ede11c4b4449aca.jpeg

We liked today’s port.  It was just a laid back day but an enjoyable one 🙂 

86F1C936-5DD7-46FD-8B60-1DFF24D014F0.thumb.jpeg.d48bf833f7f7114c024486ef64e864c9.jpeg

@JAM37 I am glad to hear that your throat is better.  Hopefully a solution can be found for the allergies 🤞

@Sharon in AZ I saw your question on CCL stock and I agree with the answers - I USED to get a reply very quickly but that was B.C. (Before Covid).  I sent my request in and never got an email back.  When I called World Cruise he confirmed it had been applied, however they have a lot of new people that now require training.  He told me to take my updated confirmation & my stock statement with me “in case”.  It is taking them up to 4 weeks currently to apply the credit.  Mine took around 3 weeks based on the date he told me it was applied.

@marshhawk Glad to hear your tests were negative 👍 Very good to hear that our DH saw the wise doctor who knows him and hopefully he will be on the right track 🤞

@Heartgrove  I am so sorry to hear your sister is in hospice.  I hope she is made as comfortable as possible.

Not a good day yesterday and my tolerance for poor service is very, very low.  Went to the car dealership to get the car serviced & tires changed and had requested a loaner (DH always had one except for the very height of covid).  Girl tries to give me a line that there haven’t been any.  I was NOT in the mood and told her to talk to the boss.  So they paid for my cab to get to the hospital but I was pretty much trapped either there or at the dealership.

Meanwhile at the hospital I had changed my gloves and gown 3x as I was quite busy helping the nurses with Jose.  I won’t go into details as to why I changed 😉 But, I discovered there would be ramifications.

Called the dealership and they said they were working on it and “it wouldn’t be long” so I went back to wait and wait and wait.  Finally, the car was ready over  5 HOURS later.  I was seething and told them not to worry about storing my tires - put them in the SUV.  I’ll get the tires changed closer to home in the future.  (I made a trip to the tire place on the way home and they have my tires now). I was there on time and saw who was in the waiting room.  None of them were there when I got back so they had obviously been serviced.  

To add panic to my day, while I was waiting at the dealership, my left hand felt funny.  I looked and my engagement ring was gone 😱 I checked my purse, the bag for the hospital, retraced my steps at the dealership and out of desperation called the hospital.  If the ring was in the gloves, they go in the garbage with the blue gowns and the yellow in laundry.  I was sure it was gone but had to try.  It had been found on the floor in the room next to Jose’s - probably bounced when I took off the gloves and Melanie will have it for me this morning.  Whew!

By the time I got home I had been gone for nearly 8 hours and I was starving, fuming and tired.  Jose would have tolerated it - I won’t.  My time is too valuable now and I don’t have time to waste and am tired enough without further aggravation.   

OK Vent over - let’s celebrate Easter:

5BB35F54-8073-46D3-B7D1-18A77BD79550.thumb.jpeg.eecbe4d364d7fec63f95459a66c7a27e.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone !!!!!

65FD3621-10A8-4137-88EA-A8A36E745601.jpeg.dba25c3ddff025c1f3da7cdc26f2b435.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷when / where needed !!!!

@kazu  Jacqui - Vent away!! I suspect you handled everything in a far better manner than I would have. Had it been me, I suspect I would be writing from a jail cell or an institution for the criminally insane. And I am not dealing with all the challenges you are. We are all here supporting you and hoping that today is a better day for you and Jose. <<<HUGS GALORE>>>

-Cat

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks both.  The ring is insured of course, but it’s not the same.  It has huge sentimental value to me and if I had lost it I would have been devastated.  I think I will take it off in the future before going to the hospital.  I’m late - better get moving and driving 😉 

I'm pleased for you that your ring was found Jacqui.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

View of the dockenhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Praying for your DD, Gracie and her medical team. Gracie looks like she is a Bichon.?

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I worked with a lady who was fluent in ASL; she was a great help when we had deaf "clients".   We haven't been to any Titanic museums, but both DH and I have read many articles about the ship and it's sinking.  Cheers to all who create art for us to enjoy!  Today's quote made me chuckle.

A blessed Good Friday to all who observe it, and a Happy Passover tonight to our Jewish friends.  

@kazuoh my gosh, you did have the day from H!!!  I'd have been totally annoyed at having to wait 5 hours to get my vehicle serviced - perhaps next time you can take it to another place?  And your ring !!!   My heart sunk when I first read you were missing your engagement ring, but I was relieved to hear that it had been found.  Yes, you can replace them, but it's the sentimental meaning to the original one that's lost.  Hugs to you.

A quiet day for us, as most Good Fridays are.  I do have one task, and that's making dessert for this evening.  I found a recipe online the other day for a super simple pie using peach slices, flour, sugar and whipping cream that you pour into a frozen pie shell and bake.  I did a trial run yesterday that received rave reviews from DH, so will be making another one to take with us to our friend's for dinner tonight.  I'm not sure what's on the menu, but we know it's going to be delicious, as he's a great cook.  Whatever we have, I won't have to make it, so I'll enjoy every bit of it.  And wine.

Dust.thumb.jpg.e6eab176a11b88afe2a17781674139f2.jpg

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Ukraine and all who are providing aid.  Extra also for our Daily family who are struggling.  We'll clink our glasses together to salute all on the celebration list.  Stay safe, wash your hands, get your boosters, wear your masks when you need to, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Pie recipe please. Enjoy your dinner, I look forward to hearing about it tomorrow. 🙂

@kazu Jacqui, I am so happy you found your ring. I agree that upper management/owner needs to be informed about your experience yesterday. Inexcusable! Praying you are having a much better day today. 

• Like 20

Good morning All.

OMG @kazuJacqui, if that ring hadn't turned up at the end of your awful day...

I'm so very sorry you are having to slog through so many challenges.  Not to sound morbid, but last night we felt a pretty good earthquake here in San Diego.  It was the first time ever that this Southern California girl didn't immediately move toward a safer place.  I just stayed there in bed and thought, "Lord, if you think it's time, you know best." 

Clearly this pandemic and all the events of the past few years have taken their toll.  That some here have had really tough challenges on top of it all...well, very hard times.

@rafinmdRoy, thank you for putting me on the care list, but you can take me off now.  Both arms are moving again okay and things are fine.

I met my friend from high school for lunch yesterday and we had a nice visit.  We've always met every month or so, and it's nice to be getting back into our routine.

I wish success for those juggling their travel plans.  Frustrating, but hopefully things will fall into place okay.  We will honor both Passover and Good Friday tonight, which we feel comfortable to do with some minor adjustments.

Wishing all a peaceful and safe day.  Thanks Rich and Team for the Daily.

• Like 28

Good Morning All!  

ASL.  My first husbands parents were deaf, so of course before I went to meet them for the first time,  I learned how to sign the alphabet.  I was kind of slow on the reading of it, but not the signing of it, and because actually "signs" turn out to be different in different parts of the country, my ex in laws loved the fact that I spelled out the words being said  in conversations and on the news instead of signing the symbol of the word.  MIL was from Colorado, FIL was from North Carolina.  A nice quiet argument when they disagreed on things.  I loved them both, and my ex MIL sided with me during my divorce from her son.  She thought he was the worst of her 3 sons, and she told him that he was an embarrassment to the family.  

@ger_77Your dust bunny meme had me in stitches!

@grapau27Thank you for the food porn -what a breakfast, those eggs are huge!  And thank you for posting the message from Father David this morning.

@kazuMy grandmother had taken off her engagement ring and put it by the sink in her apartment.  My Pa (grandfather) went into the kitchen and washed a few dishes, and decided that he wanted to walk to Brighams for some ice cream.  So he and I walked down the street  to get a coffee ice cream cone with jimmies, and we sat and people watched for a while in Cambridge MA and then walked back home.  During this time, she had discovered that her ring was missing, and tore the apartment apart looking for it.  She called the management to check the drains to make sure the ring hadn't fallen in the drain. They could not find the ring.  When Pa and I got back, he thought that maybe he had picked up the ring and put it in his pockets, no it wasn't there, we walked back to the ice cream store, checking the sidewalk, nope it wasn't there.  She was heartbroken.  That night as he was hanging his pants up, the ring fell out of the cuff of his pants.

After she passed away, my mother had the stone reset with the stone from her aunts ring.  I have that ring now, but it is just a wee too small for me to wear.  Those stones have history. I just need to lose more weight.

I am so glad that the nurse was able to locate your ring.

funny-easter-pictures-4.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

Good morning all!

It will be partly sunny and up to the low 50's today, so not bad at all.  

I have never learned sign language but think it's fascinating to watch others use it. National Geographic recently (?) had an article about the Titanic that was very interesting.  We've been to the Titanic Cemetery in Halifax.  It was so touching and moving to see, and heartwarming to see that family of victims came from all over the world to pay their respects.  So sad to see the children's graves.

Will pass on the wine, drink, and meal.  Debbie @dfishI would choose the fritters.  What did you choose?  Tonight I'll be having the Italian Soup from a couple days ago.  DH won't be home for dinner, he'll be working Opening Day for the Mariners so it's a good day to have soup, as he isn't fond of it.

I plan to go out to Flower World (I call it my "Disneyland of nurseries" because it's huge.)  I want to find something to deter birds from building nests in my new hanging baskets.  I'm sure they'll have something, and I can't find anything around the house to use.  A few years ago I lost a hanging basket because I couldn't water it and I don't want that to happen again!

Oh Jacqui @kazuas I read about your day I went from anger at the car dealership to heart sinking to relief when you found your engagement ring.  Since car dealerships are one of my least favorite places to visit, I would have been seething even on a good day.  I'm sure I know what I would have said when they said they don't do loaner cars.  I would have said "goodbye, I won't be using your services anymore" and taken my car away from there.  I hope you can use a different one next time.  

@StLouisCruisersSandi what a gorgeous sunrise photo! 

Prayers that your DD's sweet Gracie will be ok.  Hoping the seizures were just a one-time thing.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

ASL is important and I enjoy observing a conversation. DH showed a short, but very good documentary on the Titanic several years ago in his class. I appreciate all forms of art.

Interesting quote. The meal sounds good, but I would take the olives out. (The only olives I like are kalamatas.)

DH and I will be quite busy the next several days; it will be a working Easter weekend. He is a little upset because Sunday is also my birthday. I told him we have things to do and we can celebrate later.

The storms never came through here yesterday. It was a beautiful afternoon and is a bright, sunny day today. ☀️

A blessed Good Friday and Passover to all who celebrate.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 25

I love art.  I paint, but i'll never be famous for it.  I'm posting two paintings -one is my favorite painting, by Paul Klee.  The other is from my favorite artist, who makes the clouds in the sky become beautiful.

f2972f6e7a281bba45ef2c421cb87fd6.jpg

The other is by Eric Sloane

Eric Sloane (American, 1905-1985) Grand Canyon, 1965 Oil on Masonite 27-1/2 x 33

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

It is still morning here but has been a busy day.DH had an early appointment  with the audiologist  about one of his hearing aids and we left the house early.   @StLouisCruisers,Sandi, I saw that gorgeous moon at 4:30 am today and it was so lovely.  Thank you for your pictures and commentary  once again. It looks like a nice place to visit.

We really like all of the recipes but the executive Chef requested the one from Porto.We will make it tomorrow  night as I need to soak the salt cod.We are fortunate to have several Italian markets here where I can find the ingredients. I made enough of the vegetable soup yesterday to have leftovers  tonight.It was really good!

The situation  remains rather tense around here and we are trying to cope  as best we can.School has been out all week for our teen ager but at least he has been busy with friends.

Take care everyone. 

Terry

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

@JAM37Julia, happy early birthday wishes to you!  Hope your celebration happens soon.🎂  You asked if Gracie is a Bichon.  Nope she's a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and poodle mix - called a Cavapoo.  She had a little Cavalier tan coloring as a puppy but she seems to have outgrown that color.  Here she is at a couple months old.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIu-dxrWTAIHiy_SXoXhpVz4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650036140

Who could resist this face?  Gracie had a couple of seizures a few weeks ago and was put on meds for it.  So they weren't expecting what happened this morning.

Thanks also to @grapau27Graham, @Cruising-alongCarolyn, and @puppycanducruiseMelanie for their prayers and concern for that little doll.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@JAM37Julia, happy early birthday wishes to you!  Hope your celebration happens soon.🎂  You asked if Gracie is a Bichon.  Nope she's a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and poodle mix - called a Cavapoo.  She had a little Cavalier tan coloring as a puppy but she seems to have outgrown that color.  Here she is at a couple months old.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIu-dxrWTAIHiy_SXoXhpVz4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650036140

Who could resist this face?  Gracie had a couple of seizures a few weeks ago and was put on meds for it.  So they weren't expecting what happened this morning.

Thanks also to @grapau27Graham, @Cruising-alongCarolyn, and @puppycanducruiseMelanie for their prayers and concern for that little doll.

The all white and what looks like curly hair in the picture with DD is what had me thinking Bichon. In any case, she is adorable and I pray she is getting help and that the seizures stop.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Blessed Good Friday and Happy Passover. A salute to ASL and World Art. Remembering the Titanic.

Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal (fish) and drink. Yes to the wine. Although thanks @dfish for all the choices!

I haven't been to Puerto Chiapas. 

It's sunny out, windy, and going into the 60's. I'm going to try to get the lawn mowed in a bit. I'll probably be sore after my first big exertion of the year. There was lots of truck noise in the alley this morning, and it appears they just did the final paving; no notice, so I was glad I didn't have an appointment or some place to be.

@grapau27 Thanks for the Good Friday message from Father David.

@kazu Sorry to hear about your trials yesterday with the car dealership; that's just not right. I am so glad your ring wasn't lost forever!  Prayers for Jose and for you.

@StLouisCruisers I hope DD's Gracie will be ok. Continued prayers for Jen and Buddy. Thanks for the photos.

@JAM37 Early Happy Birthday!

@smitty34877 Prayers for Tana and the family. I hope things ease up for you all.

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Good Friday, all.  We have been isolating all week, just in case, as, last Saturday, we were with someone who tested positive for  covid on Monday.  We all seem to be okay, and I think we will now come out of hibernation.  It is such a relief to have a lot of tests in the house so we can check on ourselves.  

Hopefully, @sailingdutchy and Martha will test negative today, so they can travel tomorrow.  And good wishes for little Gracie puppy, hope the vet can figure things out.  

Jacqui, I hope your day today is better than yesterday!  

We visited Puerto Chiapas on a very fun Panama Canal cruise with Jacqui and Jose and a really good roll call!  Most of what I remember from that day is HEAT!  We had a tour booked, but I was wiped out from the heat and did not go.  Pat went to Izapa and enjoyed it, but said I would not have!  Eventually, I did go ashore and took the shuttle to Tapachula took a few pictures and then went back to the ship.

P1000489.thumb.JPG.dc187ce35dd5e724a11978f969a85d6a.JPG

P1000608.thumb.JPG.aaf5afdc20982ea7ea3373e9b38e7b96.JPG

P1000515.thumb.JPG.d29f95ce6ed31bcac975725e79506b5e.JPG

P1000521.thumb.JPG.1499aebaf76d8cdd92e61b0e6be8f8da.JPG

P1000624.thumb.JPG.31958bfa0504db5859d49fc0fad14f5e.JPG

P1000630.thumb.JPG.5db4fdd833da32c75250852808a85515.JPG

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Greeting for on a Friday evening from Cork.

The port of Cobh (a few miles from us) today welcomed the first cruise liner since the pandemic started.  Fred Olsen Borealis previously our Rotterdam VI.  Lots of crowds down there as it is a bank and public holiday and many business are closed, but not an official holiday. (that is so Irish!)

BOREALISCobh078_1_.jpg.151461470d64f150ef1cdb658c4d51b3.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

Good morning from sunny Quartzsite.  It will be in the 80sF today and tomorrow and the lower 90s Sunday before reaching the mid 90s Monday and Tuesday.

There is quite a collection of days today.  ASL is very important in helping the deaf to communicate.  Art in any of it's many forms can soothe or excite the viewer.   

Even 110 years later, the Titanic still fascinates people, and today is a good day to remember all who were lost that day. We should also remember the lessons learned from that tragic event.  We have been to the cemetery and maritime museum in Halifax.  In 2003, the Rotterdam IV left from Cobn and sailed over the Titanic.  Several passengers organized a memorial service for when we sailed over her.  The captain fudge the time a little and the service was held IIRC at 7 am.  We actually sailed over Titanic at 2 am, but the captain did not think anyone would want to get up at that hour.

HAPPY EASTER to all who celebrate.   HAPPY PASSOVER to all the Jewish Dailyites. 

I found the quote to be a little weird.  We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine sounds nice.

We have been to Puerto Chiapas three times, and I will repost the pictures I shared on April 10, 2021.

@kazu  Jacqui, you did have the day from H... yesterday.  I hope today is a much better day all around.  I'm very happy they found your ring.  The dealership needs to work on it's customer relations to say the least.   BTW, a prescription for you -- vent away when needed.  That is what friends and "family" are for, so don't worry about bothering us.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, your DD and Gracie are in my thoughts.  I hope the vet can find the right medicine that can help her and give her many more years of life and love.

@AncientWanderer  I'm glad your arms are better.  Hope the earthquake did not do any damage.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope the situation improves for all of you.  

@Vict0riann  Ann, I'm glad your an d Pat are all right.  We enjoyed visiting with you on the Koningsdam.

@VMax1700  Thank you for the picture of the former BHB Rotterdam VI.

The tree is finally finished and here are the before and after pictures.  As I said before Carlos started, it needed major surgery.

Before

20220413_073537_HDR.thumb.jpg.cda27e5a2fbeb5d5e326d8dba73f3042.jpg

After Carlos finished.   We've had a buzzard flying around the neighborhood and town for the last few days.  I didn't notice until today that he is in the picture.

20220414_154543_HDR.thumb.jpg.19f9552e5627c9f7a9510e49aed6d90e.jpg

After Carlos finished, I realized that some of the branches I'd wanted to keep were taller than I thought they would be.  The top branches Carlos removed had been weighing the lower branches down.  This is what the tree looks like after I removed some of the taller branches.  We'll  see how the tree does over the summer before any more trimming.

20220414_180559_HDR.thumb.jpg.91736e7de2bb3fdf1225ccb3bb367ef9.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

@rafinmdRoy, thank you for putting me on the care list, but you can take me off now.  Both arms are moving again okay and things are fine.

Wow!  How did I ever get you on the Celebration list instead of the Care list.

Glad to hear things are better.  Also that @kazu found her ring despite an otherwise crappy day and sorry to hear about Gracie's morning.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

This is what I posted about our two Statendam visits to Puerto Chiapas on April 10, 2021.

We have been to Puerto Chiapas three times, and I agree there is not much in the port.  The first time on the Statendam in 2009 we did a tour to the Izapa Archaeological Ruins and then a stop in town.  The next time was in 2014 on the Veendam.  We did a tour that included a stop at a local school and a visit to a banana plantations. Then in 2015, again on the Statendam, we took a van into Tapachula. 

Here are a couple of pictures from the Izapa Archaeological site.  It was interesting, but very hot that day in April.

IMG_5139.thumb.JPG.752451b4479fc181f2c54752a1efeae6.JPG

IMG_5140.thumb.JPG.ee86957559f02cabe2a0841bfc043949.JPG

A couple of pictures of Tapachula.

IMG_5147.thumb.JPG.0ffe1c46ddaa4a32cf7f2a0d7ad5c1c2.JPG

IMG_5152.thumb.JPG.abaff96f38ed40315d05fe6d398cdfb9.JPG

In 2015, we took a van into Tapachula and just walked around, trying to follow streets we hadn't walked in 2009.  However, all the pictures taken in town are repeats of those others have posted.  That day, the ship treated the crew to a barbeque breakfast/lunch on shore depending on their free time.  It really smelled good.

DSC01842.thumb.JPG.2814ddd7c3cd90b772ba7d6bc5975be6.JPG

Here are a couple of pictures of the port, and our BHB.

DSC01844.thumb.JPG.5577d8133891687b34333fdc5b191e63.JPG

DSC01843.thumb.JPG.02067ad4c99d47c6eda2b2169012403e.JPG

The pool looked so refreshing, we were temped to try it.  That was the year we took the Statendam to FLL to meet the Ruby Princess for her 49 day cruise to LA via Cape Horn.  It seemed like a better idea than flying to FLL and then flying from LA to Phoenix.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3