The Daily for Saturday 04/16/2022

richwmn

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Happy Holy Saturday to all!  Graham, I figured you were cruising again - lovely way to remember Pauline's mother.   For my mother's 100th birthday (she had passed away 11 years before) we took a little trip to the town of her birth, and discovered a lot of information about her family in the local museum.

Well, Lent is over.  We're   going to have a steak tonight.  Thanks for all the new today.   Sorry about Gracie  and Furnando, but happy to see Jacqui is going to friends tomorrow.  

Happy Easter tomorrow.  We are not going anywhere...,

I am shopping for an iPhone.  Mine is a 6, and the operating system is so bad I can't even get the Navigator on it, so I have to remember to have my iPad with me everywhere on a ship!  DD has offered me her old 10, I will try that and then decide if I want an even better camera.  Our neighbour has an 11, which takes wonderful pictures, but I think DD said the 10 has 7 pixels?  I also need 128 gb, as I have about 30,000 photos..

Thank you Ann.

It will be 4 years in October since Ruth passed aged 96 years.

Her last cruise was sharing our cabin on P&O Ventura for her 90th birthday.

This picture was on that cruise.

Graham

IMG-20210215-WA0005.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

@marshhawkhoping Furnando will be ok 🙏🏻 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Vanessa!  Unfortunately, the vet called today and wasn't happy with Gracie's progress so far, so arranged for her to go to the ER vet and be on a 24 hour IV drip.  DD is thinking this could be a stroke from her symptoms, and there's also Cushing's disease as a possibility.  If only they knew more about a real diagnosis. 

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about Gracie.  I hope the vets can solve the mystery and help her.  🙏🏻. I feel badly for your DD undergoing this.  And having been down the road of emergency vets too many times this year, I feel for her for the $$$ it will cost as well 😔 

9 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I am shopping for an iPhone.  Mine is a 6, and the operating system is so bad I can't even get the Navigator on it, so I have to remember to have my iPad with me everywhere on a ship!  DD has offered me her old 10, I will try that and then decide if I want an even better camera.  Our neighbour has an 11, which takes wonderful pictures, but I think DD said the 10 has 7 pixels?  I also need 128 gb, as I have about 30,000 photos..

If it’s any help, the one I got was the 11.  The guy did not recommend the 10 - said the 11 was a lot better.  Not sure where you are going shopping but if you have a Costco near you (assuming you are a member), they had a pretty good deal and have a couple of “give aways” as well as free installation of your protective screen.  The fellow I dealt with was very helpful and knowledgeable.  Good luck.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

@marshhawkhoping Furnando will be ok 🙏🏻 

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about Gracie.  I hope the vets can solve the mystery and help her.  🙏🏻. I feel badly for your DD undergoing this.  And having been down the road of emergency vets too many times this year, I feel for her for the $$$ it will cost as well 😔 

If it’s any help, the one I got was the 11.  The guy did not recommend the 10 - said the 11 was a lot better.  Not sure where you are going shopping but if you have a Costco near you (assuming you are a member), they had a pretty good deal and have a couple of “give aways” as well as free installation of your protective screen.  The fellow I dealt with was very helpful and knowledgeable.  Good luck.

DD is at the ER vet office now.  They may try to get the neurologist in tomorrow (Easter?) because there is another dog there with neurological issues too.  This vet tends to agree with DD that Gracie had a stroke.  They've given her a second prescription on top of the first one and are going to take X-rays, and are discussing an MRI (costs involved).  I think they're wondering if there's a tumor on her brain or something.  I sure wouldn't want to see all these vet bills, but Gracie is like one of their children to them so we shall see.  She will probably be kept at this facility 24 to 48 hours.  DD also mentioned rehabilitation which DSIL and she would have to do with her, just like humans do rehab.  I had no idea any of this was possible.  Thanks for everyone's concern.  DH and I have never had a dog but Gracie is a dog anyone could love, even non-pet owners.  

Thank you for your good wishes Jacqui.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DD is at the ER vet office now.  They may try to get the neurologist in tomorrow (Easter?) because there is another dog there with neurological issues too.  This vet tends to agree with DD that Gracie had a stroke.  They've given her a second prescription on top of the first one and are going to take X-rays, and are discussing an MRI (costs involved).  I think they're wondering if there's a tumor on her brain or something.  I sure wouldn't want to see all these vet bills, but Gracie is like one of their children to them so we shall see.  She will probably be kept at this facility 24 to 48 hours.  DD also mentioned rehabilitation which DSIL and she would have to do with her, just like humans do rehab.  I had no idea any of this was possible.  Thanks for everyone's concern.  DH and I have never had a dog but Gracie is a dog anyone could love, even non-pet owners.  

Oh dear on the vet agreeing it may be a stroke 😔 

there is definitely dog Rehab.  My kazu went for rehab and it worked beautifully for him.  He had acupuncture, walked in the water tank on a tread mill and a bunch of other stuff.  It really helped him for some time 👍 And, rehab wasn’t as expensive as I thought it would be ! 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Oh dear on the vet agreeing it may be a stroke 😔 

there is definitely dog Rehab.  My kazu went for rehab and it worked beautifully for him.  He had acupuncture, walked in the water tank on a tread mill and a bunch of other stuff.  It really helped him for some time 👍 And, rehab wasn’t as expensive as I thought it would be ! 

Your comments on the rehab are reassuring.  I hope they find she can be helped like that after all the tests.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@dfishThanks for the Huevos Rancheros recipes.  I always get funny looks when I ask for my eggs with broken yolks and cooked through. 

I make life difficult.  I like my yolks runny but the whites have to be totally cooked.  If they aren't, I won't eat it.  

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Vanessa!  Unfortunately, the vet called today and wasn't happy with Gracie's progress so far, so arranged for her to go to the ER vet and be on a 24 hour IV drip.  DD is thinking this could be a stroke from her symptoms, and there's also Cushing's disease as a possibility.  If only they knew more about a real diagnosis. 

I am so sorry poor Gracie is going through so much.  Hugs to your DD.  Yes, pets are a part of the family.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Ann, I had leg cramps a lot during my first pregnancy and the OB doctor told me the quickest way to stop one is to immediately stand on and put weight on that leg.  The few seconds it takes to jump up and do that are excruciating though.  And it's not a preventative.  I'm not sure how the bar of Ivory soap works but if it helps people I say go for it.  

Standing up will stop the cramps, but they just come back for me.  Some things I have tried that have helped is apple cider vinegar gummies, aspercreme with lidocaine in it, and a multi vitamin.  The multi vitamin wins so far as I haven't had any cramps since I've been taking them.

51 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I love my 12.  It takes good pictures and there is editing built in.  I learned a hack for picture editing today that works wonderfully!  https://www.popsugar.com/tech/tiktok-iphone-photo-editing-hack-48305898

27 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Again, I'm so sorry.  At least they are learning more about Gracie's condition and what really happened so it can be treated.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sharon.

Pauline had Black cod with Lobster tail.

She had Alaskan snow crab for her starter and I had Scallops.

We are on a mini cruise to celebrate her late mam's 100th birthday tomorrow 🤫 and eating in the ships best Speciality restaurant.

This picture was our starters last night and tonight.

Graham.

IMG_20220415_183201.jpg

Graham what  kind  of glass  is  your  wife  PAULINE holding as  I have not

seen one  that  shape  before Love  the  photos.

Jim.

• Like 10

I am so sorry  to hear that Gracie is having so much difficulty. One of our cocker spaniels had a stroke and made a remarkable  recovery.There is always hope.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Graham what  kind  of glass  is  your  wife  PAULINE holding as  I have not

seen one  that  shape  before Love  the  photos.

Jim.

The glass had Pauline's starter in it Jim.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220417_000513.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

I am so sorry  to hear that Gracie is having so much difficulty. One of our cocker spaniels had a stroke and made a remarkable  recovery.There is always hope.

That's the best news I've heard all day, Terry.  I hope for the same for little Gracie.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Sandi, extending my prayers that the vet can find an answer that helps Gracie live a long, quality-filled life, and your DD & family are spared too much anxiety. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi, extending my prayers that the vet can find an answer that helps Gracie live a long, quality-filled life, and your DD & family are spared too much anxiety. 

That's sweet of you.  Yes, everyone is under a lot of stress over this.  I hope it all works out well for Gracie.

• Like 14

Thanks for the advice on the iPhone, Jacqui.  I will check Costco.  

And talking about leg cramps at night, I *have* to sleep with a pillow on top of my feet.  I don't know what that extra weight does, besides keeping me warm, but if I don't, I get terrible cramps in my legs or feet.

Pat eats a banana or half an avocado almost every day, and swears by that.

• Like 19

A very late good afternoon from sunny and very windy Quartzsite.   Today was supposed to be a fairly easy day, but then life got in the way.  I started reading the Daily early this morning before I took advantage of the cool morning to get some outside work done and to put more things on the motorhome.

We also needed to got to Blythe to pick up prescriptions that called in yesterday afternoon after we saw the nurse practioner.  DH wanted to go before it got too hot. We also got a few last minute things while we were there.  Thank goodness I checked everything when we got home.  One important prescription was missing.  DH called the pharmacy and learned the NP had not sent in that prescription.  Now, I have to call the clinic Monday and then go back to Blythe before we leave.  

Anyway, after we got home, it took awhle to finish everything I'd planned to do today plus a few other things that cropped up.  Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 that tomorrow is an easier day.  At least there is a lot less that needs to be put on the motorhome before we leave.  

I always liked the circus, but not the way many animals were treated. We like mushrooms raw and cooked.  I guess I am the bean counter in the family i8nce I keep the check books and did the bookkeeping when DH had his company.

I like today’s quote, and I often shake my head at the stupidity some people exhibit.

In Texas, most huevos rancheros we've see were much simpler than @dfish Debbie's wonderful recipes.  Basically, what we have had were scrambled eggs with salsa.  I'll have to keep these recipes in mind.  Please give me a plain everyday mojito.  We'll pass on the wine.

We have been many places in Norway, but unfortunately Skjolden is not one of them.

@cat shepard  Ann, that picture is incredible.

@kazu  Jacqui, along with everyone else, I'm thrilled you will going to friends for Easter dinner.  Sending good vibes that both tests are negative. Have a wonderful and relaxing time.

@JAM37  Julia, I hope your day went as planned.😉

@marshhawk Ann, I hope Furnando is better today and that yesterday's episode was a one off.  It sounded very scary.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, that is sad news that Gracie is at the emergency vet.  Sending positive thoughts they can pinpoint the cause and they have a way to help recover and lead a long healthy life.  

@Cruzin Terri  I'm glad your cruise is going well and you are having a good time. 

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope you are recovered from the yard work.  I think I'd put up with the cramps however bad before I'd drink pickle juice.🥴

@Sharon in AZ  Sharon, I'm glad you finally got your flights straightened out.  I think it's pretty hard to kill a mesquite tree.  I'm looking forward to not having as many beans to rake up next fall.

@CrabbyPatti  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mom.  Enjoy your party.

@grapau27  Graham, I suspected you and Pauline were on a cruise.  Great picture of two lovely ladies.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks for the advice on the iPhone, Jacqui.  I will check Costco.  

And talking about leg cramps at night, I *have* to sleep with a pillow on top of my feet.  I don't know what that extra weight does, besides keeping me warm, but if I don't, I get terrible cramps in my legs or feet.

Pat eats a banana or half an avocado almost every day, and swears by that.

Both are rich in potassium.  That could be the key.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I make life difficult.  I like my yolks runny but the whites have to be totally cooked.  If they aren't, I won't eat it.  

You are not alone 😉

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@StLouisCruisers my sweet friend,  prayers added for precious Gracie. You and family are always in my prayers. 

@kazu Jacqui I admire your moxie sister. You and Jose are always in my thoughts. 

Prayers and best wishes to the Daily-ite family.

Thank you.

Roy

• Like 10

Hello everybody , we made it to FtLauderdale tonight after a tense time the last couple of weeks if we were able and allowed to make it back on the Nieuw Statendam .

in the morning we have booked the shuttle for 11.30 which is great because we have priority boarding at noon !  Soooooo. looking forward to see our friends of the wonderful crew and a number of cruise friends we met on former cruises , Andrea , and Michael & Arlene , and Dr Randy , we have met each of them on one or the other Prinsendam  cruises plus also Rich Fielder who we met on the Eurodam last fall . 

Really looking forward to our next 21 days so we can forget all about half our last cruise we had to miss due to the Covid 

take care everybody have a wonderful Easter .

Tony and Martha 

psssssttttttt it is her birthday on Monday , again her 39th ! 

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 24
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Hello everybody , we made it to FtLauderdale tonight after a tense time the last couple of weeks if we were able and allowed to make it back on the Nieuw Statendam .

in the morning we have booked the shuttle for 11.30 which is great because we have priority boarding at noon !  Soooooo. looking forward to see our friends of the wonderful crew and a number of cruise friends we met on former cruises , Andrea , and Michael & Arlene , and Dr Randy , we have met each of them on one or the other Prinsendam  cruises plus also Rich Fielder who we met on the Eurodam last fall . 

Really looking forward to our next 21 days so we can forget all about half our last cruise we had to miss due to the Covid 

take care everybody have a wonderful Easter .

Tony and Martha 

psssssttttttt it is her birthday on Monday , again her 39th ! 

Happy birthday Martha.

Wishing you both a fabulous cruise Tony.

Graham & Pauline.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1