Covid Test freak out.

tdtanc

OK currently in panic mode. My wife does not have her results back from an urgent care clinic or walgreens she went to yesterday for the PCR test. Sail on Odyssey tomorrow and there are no port appointments.

Its Easter weekend!

What the freak are we supposed to do now??

She had 3 vaccinations. 

This Walgreens has a Rapid NAAT available at 9:45am:

2355 NE 26TH ST
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33305

Edit - maybe grab this as a backup while it's available, can always cancel it.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Do you or anyone you know have any of the ihealth government mailed tests? You could pay $25 and get a proctor to use that test.

I was going to suggest the same thing.  Hope a result comes through soon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tdtanc said:

Can anyone report that they have taken walk ups before??

Yes...test available at Port Everglades...outside, next to the Odyssey. Walk -ups accepted...$105/test.

Hope your wife gets her results.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

I am so impressed by all of the helpful responses to the OP's Covid Test dilemma! I actually learned something today. (*Pay for proctoring of iHealth tests received from government! Genius.)

I have already paid and made an appointment to do this for our upcoming Allure cruise.  We had one of the eMed tests, so hubby will use that one, and I will use the proctored iHealth service.

1 minute ago, denamo said:

I have already paid and made an appointment to do this for our upcoming Allure cruise.  We had one of the eMed tests, so hubby will use that one, and I will use the proctored iHealth service.

Please report back here how the iHealth worked out.  I have seen it mentioned but haven’t seen a post where someone actually used it..

• Like 2

It may be a little early for panic on a pcr test. They usually take 24-48 hours.  Now in the morning that. Would be the panic but it looks like you have been given options for Ft Lauderdale. To late now but Walgreens usually offers than acceptable rapid test that takes a few hours max.  

they 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Do you or anyone you know have any of the ihealth government mailed tests? You could pay $25 and get a proctor to use that test.

How exactly do you do this? I have the government tests, how and where do I set up proctoring?

5 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

If you have the free government tests from iHealth, use this:

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

iHealth tests can be bought over the counter.  Those are the ones I have and they are the same that some people got from the government.  It does not have to be the free tests to purchase the iHealth service.

• Like 1

I haven't read all of the responses so If this has been said, forgive me. Go to Walgreens right now and ask for your printed results. We had a problem getting our emailed results from Walgreens in Galveston 3 weeks ago. They said they had a "glitch" in the email system. We went inside and asked for our results. They printed them for us on the spot. No issue at all!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Please report back here how the iHealth worked out.  I have seen it mentioned but haven’t seen a post where someone actually used it..

I will be doing this on May 6th.  I will report with a new thread on CC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guys I want to thank everyone for their awesome ideas. I think a lot of people benefited from this crucial information. I was ready to do any number of these things. The urgent care clinic just called her....at 8:45 pm tonight to give her the results. Negative! I have them printed. A huge sigh of relief. I mean she did pay $200 for this but no matter now. We are all set for tomorrow. We will sleep well tonight! Thank every last one of you. Happy Easter to everyone.

• Like 37

Please remember that not everyone received the iHealth brand of tests as their free government tests!

I placed both of my Government orders and neither one of them were the iHealth brand. 

I wouldn't want people to be counting on doing this and then realize they don't have the needed test.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2