The Daily for Thursday 05/12/2022

richwmn

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It was a warmer 57F at dawn but we stayed home to exercise because we have DH's oral surgeon appointment coming up in a couple hours.  He has to set an alarm to take his antibiotics one hour ahead of time.  Hopefully all will go as planned.  @smitty34877Terry good luck to your DD as she has her knee surgery today.  Prayers for a fast, full recovery for her.  @rafinmdRoy, I bet you feel relieved to have the funeral pre-planning taken care of now.  I hate those major chores hanging over my head.  You should plan something fun to reward yourself for getting it all done. 

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor the Daily.  I think the Monroe quote is really sad.  The quesadillas look good though.  Fatigue syndrome sounds bad and I'm glad I don't have it.  Just the usual tiredness is enough for me.  Cheers to all the nurses who are so important in the health care system.  I like limericks but haven't heard a new one in quite some time.  We have never had Agadir, Morocco as our destination of the day on the Daily which surprised me.  Went there twice so have some photos but will have to see how much time I have to share with you.

Roy @rafinmdthanks for the Care and Celebration lists today.  Prayers said for Ukraine, the Daily Care list, and my recovering family members.🙏  Cheers to all the Celebration list people.  To everyone, enjoy this wonderful spring day.❤️

I hope your husband's oral surgery is successful today Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,  another hot, humid day in SW MI.  I went out to feed the birds and found that our roving raccoons had dug up several of my plants I have ready for our plant sale and a fragile Palm that I divided.  All will be fine except I am worried about the Palm.   Fatigue syndrome is probably a result of many things and part of long Covid.   International nurses day is so important, the crises keep on coming.  Covid is not licked and the Russian attack on Ukraine is causing so many injuries.   I like to hear a limerick.    

The quote showed how vulnerable MM was.  Thanks @dfish for the recipes, they look good.  I hope you can get some relief not just more tests.    The drink looks tasty and the wine looks good, Provence is an area with good value wines.   Have not been to Morocco. 

@rafinmdYou will make things so much easier for your family to pre-plan.  I was surprised that my late DH came home one afternoon and said he had been to the local funeral home to prepay and set up some things for his final arrangements.   Sadly we had to use them earlier than we had ever expected but his brother (the officiant) and I were able to get everything set up.    The hardest part was finding a place for the after service meal.   Too many people for our home so it was the local fire hall.   I need to take a lesson from that and do so myself.   

Prayers for all on Roy's care list and for the people in Ukraine and those that support them.  

Today is more plant sale preparation and staying indoors for the rest of the day to start preparing for our first trip to our cabin next week.   Have a nice day! 

May 12 2022.jpg

• Like 36

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Sometimes I wonder if I have fatigue syndrome, but I believe it is my body just begging for a little rest from remodeling. I find some limericks funny and some not at all. Cheers to nurses everywhere, they have many important tasks.

I like the sound and looks of the meal.

@smitty34877 prayers for your DD and I hope Tana had a better night.

@StLouisCruisers I hope all goes well with DH at the dentist.

@dfish praying for some action to be decided on to rid you of your pain.

@rafinmd tough, but important errand accomplished. Hope the ear treatment helps.

It is about 10 degrees warmer than yesterday and a lot less windy. Still a high of only 76 for today.

We will be running a couple of errands this morning, but other than that continued wall repair and painting.

Have a great day! 🙂

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

On our one and only Celebrity cruise in 2014, we sailed from Rome to Fort Lauderdale after a wonderful Prinsendam Black Sea/Holy Land adventure.  On the Celebrity transatlantic we stopped in Agadir, Morocco.  Getting ready to get off the ship, we saw passengers returning to the ship.  They told us their tour guide never showed!  On to plan B for them, I guess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwcjx7KpWVCuhjT8Qs1vF3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779297

Keeping an eye on things at the dock.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVn5OzKicFVb9lsD40cu6G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779300

We took a shuttle bus to the beach.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbrRreEuiaqm77FcSx8pjm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779357

But we didn't want to lounge on the sand and watch the waves so we walked further away to see what else there was to see.  Things like this sign which I have translated to say STOP.  You didn't know I could speak Moroccan?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXeI77xpP9fxecttnLUukv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779317

We saw the Mosque Agadir00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzHNJbQf3wrSlU6nt-Gugs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779324

And saw some unique items for sale00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0nCrzVpOyxskrRu7z3Y9D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779327

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFvtoeTFrnRBOHFkOVFq2h?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779357

A Moroccan flag00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-002L1IePpqTUIBfAXYcd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779362

The second time we went to Agadir was in 2018 on Prinsendam during the Grand Africa and Mediterranean cruise.  This time we were dropped off near the beach again, but we walked further this time.  An interesting sight on the top of this hill.  I would imagine this would be a fortress to help them keep an eye out for maurading invaders.  Or maybe I have a vivid imagination.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-YyA4dgM7oVQZ851QX1zm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127223

Every few blocks we saw a mosque.  Besides the one we saw in 2014, we walked as far as this mosque then turned back.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7GtaXQCWLNgWARkdyEBBb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127266

Right in the middle of the downtown area is a sliver of a zoo called Birds Valley.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLj9Rg070u9qoikHdMRIRbj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083888

There's a bird - a peacock!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVM_GBRba0o-m3ssUJ6Q00?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127320

This man had a huge amount of wooden goods to sell.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkJ-bL9rKDtyf0XIdDHvlV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127291

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHeW8CTI3EwRSZQJmyVP7s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127290

You could rent a cool looking umbrella here by all the flags.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmj6z0_cf6fzPhh4v0gt1Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127333

Restaurants and shops across from the beach00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9YvmtgK4Rl3Q4IFC6GERg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127360

We had walked many miles that day so set out for the bus stop to take us back to the ship, where they had started setting up for our Arabian Nights dinner.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIX2CHtIsAKfGOVTQNjBtrN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127406

Our waiter Riris was a good sport, dressed in costume for this celebration.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKf4V60f--Lu_VcskCvqMHH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127426

I hope we see Riris again someday.  Hopefully he is still employed by Holland America.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning,  thanks for the daily report.   Today promises to be a beautiful day here.  Upstairs windows are open to allow fresh air.

@kazu our dipsticks are in DC.  We still had a frost warning earlier this week.   Our temperatures are expected to get back to normal.   We will get some plants over the weekend and fill the planters on the deck.

@dfish the meal suggestion sounds interesting and I'd give it a try, especially with chicken.   I do hope you and the surgeon come up with a good plan.

@cat shepard your meme is very close to recent events. 

@rafinmd it's a good idea to make those final plans.  I did mine about 35 years ago after dealing with the passing of a significant other.

This is from the front yard.   The birds planted it from the big wisteria bush. When the big one is in full bloom it's a wonderful sight and provides a wonderful scent. 

20220512_083202.thumb.jpg.6cef1877cdeecd155c777d3b66bb6cee.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from  central Texas.  Today our weather will be pretty much like yesterday and tomorrow -- cloudy to sunny, windy and hot.

Chronic fatigue syndrome can be very debilitating.  Nurses deserve to be honored everyday.  Our doctor here and the one in Quartzsite have a nurse practitioner in their practices, and we see them for routine visits.  I like a good limerick, and in the distant past, I could write a somewhat decent one.

I think the Marilyn Monroe quote sums up her life.

We have not been to Agadir, Morocco, and thank you @StLouisCruisers Sandi for the pictures.

I like quesadilas, but never thought of having them with an Italian twist.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you have the energy to get some planting done today.  After the stress of the last several months, please try to pace yourself and don't get too tired.  I liked your description of the oil shortage.  BTW, DH's software program was installed in the refinery near you, he wasn't the one to do the installation though.  The person who did the installation was accidentally sent to St. Johns first.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope you and the surgeon can make a decision on treating your pain and there are no more tests.

@rafinmd  Roy, glad the nurse practioner found the problem.  Ours in  Quartzsite is better than the doctor.  Glad you have your afterlife plans in place, now you can enjoy life.

@smitty34877  Terry, sending good thoughts for your DD's surgery today, and for fast healing.  As always, Tana is in I ur thoughts.

@St Pete Cruiser  Thank you for the pictures of another pretty port in Croatia that we haven't been to.   We enjoyed our cruise on the Wind Star almost 30 years ago.  On a Prinsendam cruise, we realized we'd met Captain Tim Roberts on the Wind Star when he was a junior officer.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope all goes well with DH's appointment today.

@erewhon  Good to learn NZ will be opening to cruising this summer.

Lenda

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good morning  to all. DSIL brought DD to the hospital  earlier this morning and will pick her up later this afternoon.  Thank you so much for your good wishes and prayers for

both of my very special  ladies. It us truly appreciated:  @grapau27@rafinmd,   @StLouisCruisers, @JAM37, and @Quartzsite Cruiser

@dfish, Debbie,the recipes all look good  and Tana votes for the first one. I sure hope the surgeon  can help you today.

I will always salute nurses,have not been to the port and always  enjoy the pictures.I find myself feeling sad about poor Marilyn  She was not. able to cope and I think had a difficult  life in a lot of ways.

Gas prices here are almost six dollars a gallon.Agree about where the  dip sticks

reside @kazu.

Terry

Edited by smitty34877
spelling
  • Like 30

51 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On our one and only Celebrity cruise in 2014, we sailed from Rome to Fort Lauderdale after a wonderful Prinsendam Black Sea/Holy Land adventure.  On the Celebrity transatlantic we stopped in Agadir, Morocco.  Getting ready to get off the ship, we saw passengers returning to the ship.  They told us their tour guide never showed!  On to plan B for them, I guess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwcjx7KpWVCuhjT8Qs1vF3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779297

Keeping an eye on things at the dock.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVn5OzKicFVb9lsD40cu6G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779300

We took a shuttle bus to the beach.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbrRreEuiaqm77FcSx8pjm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779357

But we didn't want to lounge on the sand and watch the waves so we walked further away to see what else there was to see.  Things like this sign which I have translated to say STOP.  You didn't know I could speak Moroccan?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXeI77xpP9fxecttnLUukv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779317

We saw the Mosque Agadir00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzHNJbQf3wrSlU6nt-Gugs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779324

And saw some unique items for sale00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0nCrzVpOyxskrRu7z3Y9D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779327

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFvtoeTFrnRBOHFkOVFq2h?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779357

A Moroccan flag00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-002L1IePpqTUIBfAXYcd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779362

The second time we went to Agadir was in 2018 on Prinsendam during the Grand Africa and Mediterranean cruise.  This time we were dropped off near the beach again, but we walked further this time.  An interesting sight on the top of this hill.  I would imagine this would be a fortress to help them keep an eye out for maurading invaders.  Or maybe I have a vivid imagination.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-YyA4dgM7oVQZ851QX1zm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127223

Every few blocks we saw a mosque.  Besides the one we saw in 2014, we walked as far as this mosque then turned back.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7GtaXQCWLNgWARkdyEBBb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127266

Right in the middle of the downtown area is a sliver of a zoo called Birds Valley.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLj9Rg070u9qoikHdMRIRbj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083888

There's a bird - a peacock!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVM_GBRba0o-m3ssUJ6Q00?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127320

This man had a huge amount of wooden goods to sell.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkJ-bL9rKDtyf0XIdDHvlV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127291

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHeW8CTI3EwRSZQJmyVP7s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127290

You could rent a cool looking umbrella here by all the flags.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmj6z0_cf6fzPhh4v0gt1Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127333

Restaurants and shops across from the beach00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9YvmtgK4Rl3Q4IFC6GERg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127360

We had walked many miles that day so set out for the bus stop to take us back to the ship, where they had started setting up for our Arabian Nights dinner.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIX2CHtIsAKfGOVTQNjBtrN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127406

Our waiter Riris was a good sport, dressed in costume for this celebration.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKf4V60f--Lu_VcskCvqMHH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127426

I hope we see Riris again someday.  Hopefully he is still employed by Holland America.

Excellent photos and commentary Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

DSIL went to our hospital's facility that they have temporarily dedicated to COVID yesterday for a PCR test. She will get the results today and then they will prescribe the course of action. Thank you @rafinmd Roy for placing her on the Cares list.

Sue has continued to feel normal but I have been really bothered with my sinuses. Still no fever though. I use the KINSA app and thermometer to register my results to assist with how our community is doing with COVID. But I decided to take a home rapid test this morning. The results were negative (yeh!) so I will try again in a few days.

@cat shepard Your pilot joke reminded me of one that I was told years ago:

A new student pilot was flying with his instructor. The instructor told him that if he was flying at night when his engine quit and couldn't see where to land, about fifty feet off the ground turn his landing lights on. If he didn't like what he saw - turn them off!

Stay safe!

- Jack

• Like 22
  • Haha 4

I can take no credit nor supply the source as I only know it from memory.

So, in honor of Limerick Day and our beloved BHBs, here's:

Big Blue Boat

I set off in a big blue boat

I wanted to see the world afloat

today I talked to a whale

I drank some cold ale

I tried but this is all I wrote!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I'm a little late to the party today - spent a good deal of the night coughing, so didn't get a lot of sleep.  When I did open my eyes, our bedroom was flooded with sunlight and I felt like I'd missed a good portion of the day.  

I worked with a lady who suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.  Bless all the nurses around the world for all they do for people in the worst of times.  Limericks seem to be a thing of the past; I can't think of one that isn't somewhat risque.  LOL

I think today's quote summed up Marilyn Monroe quite well; I wish she had more people around her that were supportive of her, rather than those who just took advantage of her.

Not a lot on the agenda today; yesterday we went out and picked up a couple more hanging baskets to put in the back yard, but because the temps hover near freezing overnight, our deck is looking like a florist's shop.  We don't usually put plants out for the season until after the May long weekend, so we'll just have to continue putting them out and taking them in daily.   There's a weather system coming through from the US that could bring a lot of rain to the SE part of the province, but it looks like we're just on the edge of it.  Hopefully it won't result in flooding, as the farmers need to get out and get their crops seeded.

@kazupace yourself; Rome wasn't built in a day.  And remember you're planting for yourself and you'll have to tear everything down at the end of season, so there's that.

@rafinmdhopefully your ear problem will be resolved.  It's a good idea to have your final arrangements in place so those left behind won't wonder what you wanted.

@dfish hopefully your appt with the surgeon will provide good results for you.

@smitty34877sending good vibes to your DD and her surgical team today.

@StLouisCruisers best wishes for success at the oral surgeon for your DH.

I like today's menu suggestion, as I love a caprese salad, so why not put it into a quesadilla?  We've pretty much chickened ourselves out with the one we purchased from Costco, so will leave that out, but DH suggested bacon instead.  Why not; is there anything that bacon can't go into?  It'll be Bacon Caprese Quesadillas happening on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who need them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for our Daily family with health issues and personal struggles.  Extra also for the people of Ukraine and all they're having to deal with.  We'll clink the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear your masks when you need to, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I'm a little late to the party today - spent a good deal of the night coughing, so didn't get a lot of sleep.  When I did open my eyes, our bedroom was flooded with sunlight and I felt like I'd missed a good portion of the day.  

I worked with a lady who suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.  Bless all the nurses around the world for all they do for people in the worst of times.  Limericks seem to be a thing of the past; I can't think of one that isn't somewhat risque.  LOL

I think today's quote summed up Marilyn Monroe quite well; I wish she had more people around her that were supportive of her, rather than those who just took advantage of her.

Not a lot on the agenda today; yesterday we went out and picked up a couple more hanging baskets to put in the back yard, but because the temps hover near freezing overnight, our deck is looking like a florist's shop.  We don't usually put plants out for the season until after the May long weekend, so we'll just have to continue putting them out and taking them in daily.   There's a weather system coming through from the US that could bring a lot of rain to the SE part of the province, but it looks like we're just on the edge of it.  Hopefully it won't result in flooding, as the farmers need to get out and get their crops seeded.

@kazupace yourself; Rome wasn't built in a day.  And remember you're planting for yourself and you'll have to tear everything down at the end of season, so there's that.

@rafinmdhopefully your ear problem will be resolved.  It's a good idea to have your final arrangements in place so those left behind won't wonder what you wanted.

@dfish hopefully your appt with the surgeon will provide good results for you.

@smitty34877sending good vibes to your DD and her surgical team today.

@StLouisCruisers best wishes for success at the oral surgeon for your DH.

I like today's menu suggestion, as I love a caprese salad, so why not put it into a quesadilla?  We've pretty much chickened ourselves out with the one we purchased from Costco, so will leave that out, but DH suggested bacon instead.  Why not; is there anything that bacon can't go into?  It'll be Bacon Caprese Quesadillas happening on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who need them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for our Daily family with health issues and personal struggles.  Extra also for the people of Ukraine and all they're having to deal with.  We'll clink the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear your masks when you need to, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thank you so much.We just heard things went well and 2 meniscal tears were fixed.We expect her home around 3 or so.

PS. The bacon idea is outstanding!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I think bacon would be wonderful in the quesadilla.   I was going to suggest that but forgot.  

Both decks have now been sealed.  My work is done for the day .   And @JazzyV Vanessa, sealing the decks, which is a lot like painting, is another "Other" on the watch.  

• Like 24

Good morning, all! Today will be our first official day out of Covid jail, according to the calendar. Our symptoms have also disappeared. As has all of my energy. Yesterday I was getting the shakes, which concerned me. Then I found a small piece of chocolate completely fixed it. I’d never realized my energy reserves could get that low.
There is no way I can tackle my duties for my sisters upcoming 50th anniversary celebration. Luckily, my oldest nephew who is also my godson has swooped in from a virtual distance and amalgamated my duties into his. 
To make a long story short, between chocolate and my amazing nephew, the world is good again!

Happy Thursday, and cheers to the huge list of BHB’s with passengers again!

9F07E0E7-BDD4-47F5-A58B-B0B1891BD994.thumb.jpeg.6a509d1f9fa0b090ee1167ecc88c268a.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! Today will be our first official day out of Covid jail, according to the calendar. Our symptoms have also disappeared. As has all of my energy. Yesterday I was getting the shakes, which concerned me. Then I found a small piece of chocolate completely fixed it. I’d never realized my energy reserves could get that low.
There is no way I can tackle my duties for my sisters upcoming 50th anniversary celebration. Luckily, my oldest nephew who is also my godson has swooped in from a virtual distance and amalgamated my duties into his. 
To make a long story short, between chocolate and my amazing nephew, the world is good again!

Happy Thursday, and cheers to the huge list of BHB’s with passengers again!

9F07E0E7-BDD4-47F5-A58B-B0B1891BD994.thumb.jpeg.6a509d1f9fa0b090ee1167ecc88c268a.jpeg

Great news other than the fatigue.

and great news on the knee surgery for @smitty34877's DD.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from the Eurodam in Alaska.  We’ve been blessed with lovely weather, even this early in the season.  The mountains are beautifully snow-capped, but we’ve had sun peaking through most days.  

The flowers on the Eurodam are especially nice right now. They were lovely for Mother’s Day.  These are at the entrance to the MDR.

6583D9ED-0EA5-4E1E-A0CF-8D8D7DB7096C.thumb.jpeg.0730a646b28cd4034da9c902a583888e.jpeg

It was bright and sunny for gold-panning in Juneau.

83B8DEB4-475D-4211-A977-314D5C3AACFA.thumb.jpeg.9c099c7c3feba01d3309dba19ddc4c6a.jpeg

And the sail-away from Sitka was nothing short of spectacular.

623BC75E-3B23-4CB7-8D65-66B6FED4CD80.thumb.jpeg.b245ed22fda449aca9bdfdba70de0037.jpeg

It’s great to be back in Alaska on a BHB.  ❤️

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Good morning all!

Interesting collection of days, I would like the recipes with chicken or shrimp (thank you Debbie @dfish) and also the wine and drink of the day.  Never have been to Agadir, thank you @StLouisCruisersfor the great photos!  Tonight we'll be having tacos.  The trout last night was disappointing-- not only after having had the just-caught trout on Mother's Day, but it just wasn't up to this store's usual standards.  Of course I let the grandsons know it wasn't as good as theirs 😉  

I haven't heard more from my friend in the hospital with Covid, I'm trying not to worry.  Thank you Roy  @rafinmdfor putting her on the Care List. 

This morning DH and I are going to our clinic's drive-through testing site and will get tested before getting our 2nd boosters.  They will do it for any reason and -- it may sound strange, but I want to be sure I don't have it before getting the booster.  After hearing of so many people who had no symptoms but still had it, I guess I'm paranoid!  Hopefully we'll both have negative results and can get those boosters in a couple days.

Roy @rafinmdI know it wasn't a pleasant task, but good for you taking care of your final arrangements now.  I was pushed to do it when DD passed away.  He had all of that taken care of, and it made everything so easy for me to handle.  We used the same funeral home.

Debbie @dfishthinking of you as you meet with the surgeon today and hoping you finally get some answers.

@St Pete Cruiserthank you for the photos of Rovinj.  If HAL does go to that port, it wasn't on any of our cruises.  Looks lovely.

• Like 26

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

I feel for those with fatigue syndrome, a salute to nurses, and some limericks are fun.

Strange and sad Marilyn quote. The meal seems ok. Pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Morocco. Thanks for the pictures @StLouisCruisers

Our 5th sunny day in a row, and going up to 80°F!  I got my perennial hibiscus planted yesterday (bare root); I had a tropical braided hibiscus for several years, but got tired of moving it inside in the winter. I just called the dentist to get on the cancellation list as this tooth issue is worrying me; one came up while we were talking, so I'm in for 7AM tomorrow.

@grapau27 That's a nice filling breakfast!

@kazu Be gentle with yourself.

@smitty34877 Thinking of your DD today, and glad all went well with her surgery. Prayers for Tana.

@dfish I hope the surgeon visit goes well. 

@rafinmd I hope the ear issue clears up. Planning for what happens to us is something we all need to do. I bought a cemetery plot for myself when my Mother died, but need to do the particulars.

@St Pete Cruiser Thanks for the Croatia pictures.

@marshhawk Sorry to hear that DH is still having the mouth pain.

@StLouisCruisers I hope all goes well with DH's oral surgery appointment. 

@Heartgrove Good to hear your home test was negative.

@Horizon chaser 1957 I'm glad you're out of Covid jail, but take it easy as you'll probably be fatigued.

@AncientWanderer Great pictures! Nice to have such good weather.

@Cruising-along I hope your friend is doing ok.

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

@Heartgrove  Jack, good news that your test was negative.  I hope you and Sue continue to test negative.

@smitty34877  Terry, that's good news the surgery went well and the tears were repaired.

@Horizon chaser 1957  I'm sorry about the lack of energy.  That is very nice that your nephew is also taking on your duties for your sister's 50th anniversary.  BTW, chocolate solves all manner of problems.

@AncientWanderer  Thanks for the pictures of your cruise.  You have been lucky with the weather.

@marshhawk  Ann, I hope the doctor can find a solution to your DH's mouth pain.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, that is good news aboout the cancelation.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, Dailyites!  Thanks for all the posts.  I don't bother reading the paper any more,  just pull out the puzzles and then get onto the news  here.  Praying for those on the cares list, and it is good to see only one BHB empty.  My father always spouted a lot of poetry;   his favourite limerick:

There was a young lady from Niger

Who smiled as she rode on a tiger

They came back from the ride

With the lady inside

And the smile on the face of the tiger.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

I hope your friend is doing ok.

Thank you Vanessa.  I just asked my daughter if she's heard anymore (she and my friend are best friends) and I'm relieved to find out that Pat was due to go home that night after getting tests and Covid drugs on an IV drip.  She went to the ER because she has COPD. My daughter will see if she can learn more today.

We're still worried about her husband, he has health issues too -- so hope he doesn't get it.  Thank goodness for the vaccines.

Good news that you'll get in to see your dentist early tomorrow morning. 🙂 

• Like 16