The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 28th, 2022

richwmn

4 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! 

Attached are a few photos from our VO cruise around Iceland last July. Our port call for Akureyri  found us on an all day excursion into the countryside so did not have time to wander in the city. But we did see their famous heart-shaped red lights on the traffic signals.

DSC07871.thumb.JPG.3e0c579fc2999b945452ea0e47896fd7.JPG

DSC07872.thumb.JPG.7517374ce8d1c853e7db2a05fafb2146.JPG

Akureyri

DSC07874.thumb.JPG.a03b491ab0049814ec1f8323143cbc3b.JPG

Godafoss

DSC07902.thumb.JPG.9935b47a29af7b670597311cb13c0545.JPG

DSC07910.thumb.JPG.9cb4ec11d4e3a05854772269a136e106.JPG

DSC07904.thumb.JPG.b4abb0e590800c9caf8ac0ad54d511d6.JPG

DSC07916.thumb.JPG.39e5244ea6499390629bd78bd6afd69d.JPG

DSC07923.thumb.JPG.f6da91f955db94ebe35158557973f2b2.JPG

DSC07932.thumb.JPG.67cbdeb3daa969fd8358731dad3c6a95.JPG

DSC07929.thumb.JPG.23832807f45bda7670d843dae3eec15e.JPG

DSC07944.thumb.JPG.4b00a8347e4e19e7271b3b1be3902424.JPG

DSC07945.thumb.JPG.2b26bc68125a87966fbc819fd2f5e6be.JPG

DSC07948.thumb.JPG.cc8d79124b716b63218f5e80c1401ae8.JPG

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Stunning photos Jack.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@aliaschief did you find the keys? Daily-ites let's give him some ideas:

In your pocket in the dirty clothes? In the closet where you undressed? Did you have a jacket on? Are they next to your beer in the fridge (lol) 

In the clothes peg bag.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@aliaschief did you find the keys? Daily-ites let's give him some ideas:

In your pocket in the dirty clothes? In the closet where you undressed? Did you have a jacket on? Are they next to your beer in the fridge (lol) 

@aliaschief Did the weather change, and they’re in the pocket of something you don’t remember wearing? 

• Like 15

Good morning and thanks all!  Love Paul Bunyan and that lovely Blue Babe! Really enjoying the photos @Quartzsite Cruiser  @Heartgroveand @cat shepard thank you!  

@kazuyikes on the flights, it seems insane right now!  
@Vict0riann hope yours ok,   Good to look for backups,   Last time we went to Europe there was a potential strike so we paid to leave early, just in case. 
@St Pete Cruiser yikes!  I’ve had that and it’s no fun,  hoping you got great care,   My friends live in Spain and they have been very happy with the medical care. Heal well and quickly!  

must be the year for irises!

B4490552-EE7C-493E-A2FA-5F016E5AB8BB.jpeg

BA880B94-EC4E-4279-AF57-36EB22A94943.jpeg

F3EB4DC8-FB8C-415E-AF4C-1074A758745A.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

There were a lot of old planes, but this exhibit is not one you normally see, the not so black Black Boxes.

DSC05989.thumb.JPG.a0234653ed8c0e737cf1fc74c01b0bbf.JPG

They're orange on ships, also.

IMG_0054.thumb.jpg.e54a76c5a19dd4e42ee51b733966de6a.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, friends.  We are having a heat wave here in San Diego and it looks to be a hot one today.  We’ve jumped right into summer.  Last year, we had a nice, long spring.  It spoiled us.

Good collection of days, food and drink.  Haven’t been to Akureyri, but hope to someday.

@aliaschief, seems like when I lose my keys, they always turn up in the garage.  I set them down to get something out of the car and then forget about them.  I should know better by now.

@kazu, looks like you had a wonderful weekend.  Good times don’t come easy these days, do they?  All the flight stories here on CC are a real bummer.

@smitty34877, car trouble was the last thing you needed!

@durangoscots, keep the Monty stories coming.  He sounds like a doll. 😍

@St Pete Cruiser, what a scare!  I hope you feel well now.

Thanks everyone for photos, recipes and stories today.  
For our nature lovers, I have this…

We have lots of lizards here.  I see the babies, but have never seen any sign of where they lay their eggs.  Yesterday, I caught one in the act of digging a nest.  

030C77CE-6396-43C6-88DC-EF7086D606FD.thumb.jpeg.9b71bb1f9b006115cb6dec8ac6fae8e3.jpeg

A4427130-3D66-4768-A18B-58A98EAD1018.thumb.jpeg.418241b8e2a4622872ff656681d9eaf2.jpeg

Have a great day, Everyone.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

@Cruising-along mentioned looking for insurance for an upcoming cruise.  I have heard good things about a USAA affiliate, but have not used them.  If you are a USAA member, you can access it from their website.  I will admit that we have never bought insurance in all of our cruises but am considering it for our upcoming cruise in March.

Ray

Thank you, Ray.  We are indeed members and have had all our car and home insurance through them for 40+ years.  I'll mention it to DH!  We're getting the HAL Platinum, but need to look at getting extra medical.  

• Like 19

21 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

@aliaschief Did the weather change, and they’re in the pocket of something you don’t remember wearing? 

Nope. Locked neighbors front door with key. Walked home and haven’t found them since. Checked clothes, laundry hamper, under chair I sit in. Walked back to neighbors house seven times looking for them. Nothing! Neighbors return tonight so I have one cat feeding to go. I have spent at least two hours searching.

Neighbors think it’s funny. A mystery!

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser hope im remembering correctly. 

20220628_103707.thumb.jpg.7f9e28f0b93dbbccfedf599a53a78a9d.jpg

Thanks for the picture.  That is the church and I could have sworn I took a picture of the exterior.  Maybe the picture is with @aliaschief's neighbors keys.  🤣  I hope you don't mind of I copy the picture and add it to mine.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thanks for the picture.  That is the church and I could have sworn I took a picture of the exterior.  Maybe the picture is with @aliaschief's neighbors keys.  🤣  I hope you don't mind of I copy the picture and add it to mine.

Lenda

I don’t mind at all.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Nope. Locked neighbors front door with key. Walked home and haven’t found them since. Checked clothes, laundry hamper, under chair I sit in. Walked back to neighbors house seven times looking for them. Nothing! Neighbors return tonight so I have one cat feeding to go. I have spent at least two hours searching.

How about in the cushions of your chair? Are you sure the keys aren't in the fridge with the beer??

• Like 11
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Jacqui, @kazu,  hope they get your flight sorted out.  Is it lack of flight crew?  We had a very nice, comprehensive, email from Air Canada yesterday, saying they were looking forward to seeing us on our flights to Gander, no mention of cancellations, but .....  (I'm dreading the whole thing!)

Hope your flight goes ok, Ann 🤞 

My flight here was changed twice and then delayed twice but it went 👍 

A/C said it was a crew problem (and gave the example of crew working too many hours).  I did get tomorrow’s morning flight booked if need be to be on the safe side.  I won’t do check in until I know if this flight goes or not.

It’s flex air so I can cancel.  Tonight is bad enough so……hopefully

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

How about in the cushions of your chair? Are you sure the keys aren't in the fridge with the beer??

I checked that and  I rarely drink beer. Believe me I have looked everywhere and yes even the fridge! I have stopped looking. 🤔

• Like 12

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

How about the shoes you were wearing. Dropped them in there. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, summer slope said:

How about the shoes you were wearing. Dropped them in there. 

SAS sandals! The neighbors arrive home tonight they think it’s funny and I’ve stopped looking. And that’s all I’m going to say about that!🤐

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

SAS sandals! The neighbors arrive home tonight they think it’s funny and I’ve stopped looking. And that’s all I’m going to say about that!🤐

Well, if you do find them, please let us know. Believe me, we have all had this happen one way or another. My second set of car keys disappeared..... I finally had another set made at great expense and then one day, magically, they reappeared in a drawer I had searched several times. 

• Like 16

Good afternoon everyone !  Thank you for the Fleet Report Rich. Thank you to everyone who contributes to the Daily. 

I love today’s meal suggestion and thank you for the recipes Debbie @dfish. I have made a similar recipe that I really liked. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/meatballs-with-garlic-yogurt-and-chimichurri-5660355

Spinach isn’t in the title but it’s definitely in the recipe. I used chicken but the recipe calls for Turkey. I didn’t make the chimichurri, just the yogurt sauce and it was so yummy with the meatballs. I like it because it’s different and doesn’t use pasta.  Reminds me that I need to add this to my menu planning. 

Bruce @aliaschief — my DH loses everything and never realizes until long afterward. I could go on and on with what he’s lost. Most recently he left his EarPods somewhere on the Oosterdam when we were in the Bay of Kotor, never found them. Then his man bag on a water taxi in Venice and didn’t even realize until the hotel asked him about it. That cost €60 to return. So those keys just may never turn up. 😉

Joy @Seasick Sailor — prayers for your friend. 

@St Pete Cruiser — yikes on your sudden surgery during your travels. I hope you are recovered and book a replacement cruise soon. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I worked in the insurance industry for 40 years before retireing so you could say that I am aware of insurance. Paul Bunyon and Babe were favorites of mine as a child. The food, drink and wine all look very good.

Thanks to all who posted photos. I loved seeing Iceland but it is way to cold for me to ever think about going there again.

So far this summer we are having an active Monsoon season. I know it is much worse in both northern Az. and southern Az. especially where the fire have burned in the past couple of years. A lot of people are getting flooded out of their homes.  Stay safe Sharon.

Prayers for those who are in need and cheers to those who we celebrate.

Jane

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

The neighbors get home tonight and you’ve stopped looking. That guarantees that in the next two days they will innocently turn up somewhere obvious that you’ve looked a thousand times and they weren’t there.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you, Ray.  We are indeed members and have had all our car and home insurance through them for 40+ years.  I'll mention it to DH!  We're getting the HAL Platinum, but need to look at getting extra medical.  

Let us know what you find out.  I started using them more than 50 years ago in 1970 when I was promoted to officer; prior to that they didn't deal with ordinary enlisted people.  The travel insurance is actually handled by Travel Insured International, which us part of Crum and Forster Insurance Company.  Sara's first job in the United States,  when we lived near San Francisco in 1964 was with that company. Surprising what you can learn when searching the internet.

Ray 

• Like 9