The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 3rd, 2022

richwmn

Today is Build A Scarecrow Day, Compliment Your Mirror Day, and Disobedience Day

I finally understood what true love meant...love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.--Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

Meal Suggestion for today - fried rice
Drink of the Day - Makers Non Egg Nog
Wine of the Day - Doudet Naudin 2020 Chardonnay (Vin de France) Fran
Destination of the Day - Miyako, Japan

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 07/04

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska - Juneau, Alaska eta 07/04

Nieuw Amsterdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Statendam

Invergordon, Scotland 07:00 - 16:00

Noordam

Whittier, Alaska 01:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Istanbul, Turkey, Galataport 16:00 -

Rotterdam

Hammerfest, Norway 08:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

Quebec City, Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0703World.thumb.jpg.25356f87bde3973e0a57775561bb5d2c.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.

We had a nice service today at church.

It is currently 66°F and overcast.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Some of us only look in the mirror for a short time while some people love looking at themselves in the mirror.

I don't believe in disobedience and think a day to encourage this is not a good thing.

Good quote.

Nice meal and nice wine today.

We have never been to Japan.

I said prayers for all our friends on the care list at church.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

• Like 33

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily.

A cool but bright start to the day, should be 26C and sunny this afternoon.🙂

I don't like the days.   I won't be building a scarecrow.  My mirror lies to me sometimes.  I'm not sure I like the idea of disobedience day.

Love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds like a good side dish.  The drink sounds like something I'd like around Christmas.  Hope the wine is good.

I've never been to Japan, looking forward to seeing pictures.

Prayers for all.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 34

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the scarecrow, don't like the mirror but disobedience sounds appropriate for the July 4 season.  I love the Sparks quote but have not been to Miyako.  Fried Rice sounds nice but probably not good for my blood sugar.  My alternative is Caesar Salad, Roasted Goose, and Strawberry Ice Cream as served on Queen Mary 2, July 2, 2022.

dishes02.jpg

Today’s care list:

Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Sam recovering at home from Covid complications
StPeteCruiser recovering from Appendicitis
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Heartgrove brother about to be discharged with extremely poor prognosis
From the rotation:
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems
Tana with persistant cough
HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and new dimentia
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Seasick Sailer friend Ron recovering from successful gall bladder surgery
Welcome home Tioga Cruiser
Curt discharged to rehab facility
Ann and Pat in  Newfoundland
Volendam caring for refugees
6 days for Cat in My Lap  (Zaandam 7/9 to 8/13)
Bon Voyage Mister Boston (Celebrity Summit July 3 to 10)
rafinmd  (QM2 to July  8), Nickelpenny (Westerdam to 7/3) ,  jimgev (Noordam to 7/3 plus land trip),  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4), Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to 7/9), GTVCRUISER (Carnival Panorama to July 9) and ski ww (Oosterdam to July 16)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 15

Good morning.Today appears to be dark and stormy as well as humid.I managed a decent dog walk earlier but had some raindrops at the end.

I have never been comfortable  around mirrors and have no need of scarecrows.Fried rice sounds like a fun side dish. I need to consult with my executive  chef regarding dinner.

@aliaschief,Bruce, I was happy to see your flight went well.Enjoy the family vacation!

@ger_77, Gerry. it is so much fun to follow along with the family visit. Enjoy!

We have a low key day planned here.The poor dogs suffer mightily  from the noise of fireworks.We are only a mile from the Hudson River and seem to hear the booming every night.

Take care everyone 

Terry

• Like 33

Thanks, ALL, for your encouragement regarding DH's nephew's rehab and for your sympathy in the loss of a dear friend. We will miss her deeply.

At the funeral luncheon, many stories were shared including the one about how, very early in their careers, the deceased's DH and my DH as the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager of a prominent Detroit bank turned down a gentleman seeking a $500 loan to start a music studio. After due diligence, the gentleman just didn't qualify.

The proposed studio: Motown Records

The gentleman: Barry Gordy

(Who is now worth ≈$400 million!!!)

• Like 36
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich. Lovely morning here. The bucks are on the move, and there are two younger males tagging along this year. Magnificent.

Thank you for taking care of us, Roy! Glad you survived that check-in ordeal. Morning Dailyites. A quick visit. Lots going on in addition to my normal happenings. My neighbors & I are gathering in the cul de sac at my end of the street this evening to celebrate the 4th. I need to hose down some chairs, beach canopy, long table & dig out my cooler. That is what I get for waiting until the last day. 

DE00D180-2EA1-48C2-B9B2-A8CFF157BB61.jpeg.719cd2e0d751b909450e8cd6ba64e894.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Doudet Naudin 2020 Chardonnay
This Chardonnay has very good critic & consumer ratings at a reasonable price. Several online distributors with prices starting at $12.99.

87 Wine Enthusiast

Naval orange and marigold combine to form a richly scented nose on this wine. The flavors include mandarin and apricot, with zesty lime-juice acidity squeezed on the end. The rounded flavors lead to a dry, tugging finish.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

Maker's Mark non eggnog cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
2 parts Simple Syrup
2 parts Half and Half
Garnish Nutmeg
Garnish Dark Chocolate

Instructions
Shake contents over ice. Strain over ice and garnish with nutmeg and dark chocolate.

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 7.31.21 AM.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

Not sure I can celebrate any of those days.  A scarecrow doesn’t keep deer away and I usually don’t like what I see in the mirror 😉 I have kind of “had it’ with disobedient people these days 😉 

B69C2CD4-7609-4E12-BA15-BA0E11CD147A.thumb.jpeg.cc63ca6827acd85a79ab1e32e47d3d07.jpeg

But… I do love the quote - it is a true definition of love.  And, a white wine today - yum 😄 

Well, I finished 2 batches of pure strawberry jam (freezer) yesterday.  I think I have enough left for one final jam which will be a cooked one.  Since people seem to like it I have this wild and crazy idea to gift a jar to each couple that comes to Jose’s Celebration of life this summer with a note thanking them for coming from Jose and I.  I think I should have enough by the time I am done?

249416D4-CCCF-45D0-96A2-B28750F2AE23.jpeg.341ea604c7f56fcc2ab723d17d51bf13.jpeg

The sun is breaking through so that means gardening and a ton of weeding whether I want to or not.  Hopefully I can make some good headway.  🤞 I’m ignoring the warnings of potential T-storms.  The weatherman doesn’t get this area right all the time 🤞 

F559DB97-4D7F-454C-BA57-A615048B9059.thumb.jpeg.26792c6328f4d4e8b46238a0574ac098.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!!

2AC0CD19-9337-48AA-A378-8C69ACC58497.jpeg.784e43cd6ace632c7819519a8bd73a4d.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 29
  • Haha 15

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.   Back to Quebec on a cloudy day.  All aboard is 3:30 so it will be a few hours of walking around town once we think things open.  The meal suggestion sounds good and may have it for lunch.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

20220703_072813.thumb.jpg.d824ecee0bcea5cfc46cf942ed5616e1.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone.

From time to time we've heard the frustration about getting different answers every time we call HAL.  Well, they are not alone in that.  I spent the better part of yesterday trying to straighten out my return flight reservations with United Airlines and to get an answer about their baggage policy.  I was assured that tickets had been issued even though I did not have ticket numbers.  That will have to be followed up with Flight Ease.  As to the luggage policy, we have Business Class booked.  Generally, with Business Class you get 2 bags at 70 lbs.  United is telling me on the website that I only get 1 bag at 50 lbs.   That is the allowance for Economy.  The first guy sent me to talk with someone in the baggage department.  That guy said yes, I was correct, but he couldn't fix the reservation and I would have to go back to reservations for that.  When I finally talked to someone back there they said no, 2 bags was for domestic flights, 1 bag for international.  I think it is actually the other way around, but he then said he couldn't help me and hung up.  I guess we take our chances that the people at the airport know the policy better than the agents on the phone.

Fried rice can be a side dish or, with the addition of some protein, a main dish.   I do agree with Roy that it would not help my blood sugar at all, so would probably find an alternative.  This first recipe looks pretty easy to make.  There are also lots of suggestions for proteins to add.  https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/fried-rice-recipe/

2042188401_friedrice1.thumb.jpg.d6e7efb5a926fc983bcbed7e91735eab.jpg

This next one adds in some eggs.  https://therecipecritic.com/easy-fried-rice/

788487424_friedrice2.thumb.jpg.27c7ecc5aeca3c872fee640f7d096379.jpg

This one is pretty similar but uses slightly different seasonings.   https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25325036/how-to-make-fried-rice/

173508453_friedrice3.thumb.jpg.14bc4000557b4a5b839c8eecc29b7c91.jpg

Here is a recipe for chicken fried rice.   https://cjeatsrecipes.com/chicken-fried-rice/

228347745_friedrice4.thumb.jpg.d76b87ec7dd052a695787274f88c87b5.jpg

Lastly, this is a recipe from Alton Brown.  He uses tofu and that can easily be exchanged for chicken for those who are confirmed carnivores like me.  His vegetable mixture is different as are his seasonings.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/fried-rice-8079129

1881570633_friedrice5.jpeg.4a1d7333d47702961477f7b0dce8ce2e.jpeg

Prayers for all who need them, especially those who are victims of violence and injustice.  Special prayers for our Daily family members facing difficult challenges.  Cheers to those who are celebrating and/or traveling.   Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 9

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the scarecrow, don't like the mirror but disobedience sounds appropriate for the July 4 season.  I love the Sparks quote but have not been to Miyako.  Fried Rice sounds nice but probably not good for my blood sugar.  My alternative is Caesar Salad, Roasted Goose, and Strawberry Ice Cream as served on Queen Mary 2, July 2, 2022.

dishes02.jpg

Today’s care list:

Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Sam recovering at home from Covid complications
StPeteCruiser recovering from Appendicitis
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Heartgrove brother about to be discharged with extremely poor prognosis
From the rotation:
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems
Tana with persistant cough
HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and new dimentia
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Seasick Sailer friend Ron recovering from successful gall bladder surgery
Welcome home Tioga Cruiser
Curt discharged to rehab facility
Ann and Pat in  Newfoundland
Volendam caring for refugees
6 days for Cat in My Lap  (Zaandam 7/9 to 8/13)
Bon Voyage Mister Boston (Celebrity Summit July 3 to 10)
rafinmd  (QM2 to July  8), Nickelpenny (Westerdam to 7/3) ,  jimgev (Noordam to 7/3 plus land trip),  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4), Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to 7/9), GTVCRUISER (Carnival Panorama to July 9) and ski ww (Oosterdam to July 16)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

• Like 20

Good morning friends!  It's a beautiful morning here 72F with a high of 88 today, chance of pop up thunderstorms in late afternoon.  But I'll enjoy the sunshine while I have it.  

I tried to watch DD's sailaway yesterday, but the ship left an hour late, and the Port Everglades webcam was not working well at all.  By the time the ship sailed DD's dinner reservation time was up and she had to leave the deck anyway.  I hope she got a good night's sleep because she only had a few hours rest the night before.  Can't wait to hear what they are up to today at Princess Cays.

Thanks to Rich for the Daily, and to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all listed and for my family members.  Cheers for all the celebrants.  I'm enjoying the memes so far today.  Thanks Jacqui and Ann.  Also appreciation to Graham for the sermon today.  And to Debbie for the fried rice recipies.  We love that dish and like to add shrimp or chicken.  

We have not been to Miyako, Japan before.  Thanks in advance for any photos posted later on.  I'm not planning on building any scarecrows, don't appreciate disobedience, but will try to compliment my mirror.  And I'll stand way back when I do that, for sure!  The quote today is quite nice.  

Except for sheet changing, washing and folding I have no plans for the day.  I imagine I will put on the bluetooth earbuds and watch a few of my recorded programs from our 5 weeks at sea.  Lots of those to go through.  I hope everyone has a great, and safe day.❤️

Edited to add Miyako was the port of the day on Nov. 3, 2021 for anyone looking to copy and paste their photos here today.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 34

Good morning fellow Daily-ites. A beautiful morning here. Going to be 100 today and next 10 days..

I have a haircut this morning, giving my sweet husband a haircut, finish our packing, our friend is driving us to the hotel airport in our car and we will stop for a late lunch along the way. Maui weather at 80 over foreseeable future.

Our neighbors had scarecrows in their garden when I was growing up. On Halloween the man would dress as a scarecrow and stay still til the kids came to the door for treats. He'd reach out and tickle one with a piece of hay. Scared us alright!!

image.png.1d3da26e187b9196908d90a19bbfa8f5.png

I tend to avoid any mirror til after my shower..

image.png.0556f3f565d142171da20d60f8045510.png

Lifting up prayers today for ALL of our friends on the Daily that y'all have a safe and happy 4th.

Prayers, cheers and blessings 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Just back from a bike ride and it feels a little more humid today than normal if that's possible for Florida.

I like the quote.

As a kid I could be pretty disobedient.

I haven't complimented my mirror lately.

I love fried rice, I can't ever remember having a Chinese meal without it.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 31

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

We had a nice service today at church.

It is currently 66°F and overcast.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Some of us only look in the mirror for a short time while some people love looking at themselves in the mirror.

I don't believe in disobedience and think a day to encourage this is not a good thing.

Good quote.

Nice meal and nice wine today.

We have never been to Japan.

I said prayers for all our friends on the care list at church.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

I agree, why honor disobedience with a day.

• Like 19

Good morning from central Texas where it will be hot again.  Yesterday's high was predicted to be 96F, but the forecast was a bit off.  Our thermometer read 100F in the late afternoon.  We'll be between 100F and 105F f9rmthe foreseeable future.

I'm going to make an early grocery run, and then stay inside the rest of the day.  After seeing the crowd in the store Friday afternoon when I picked up a prescription, I figured they needed a day to restock the shelves.

An interesting collection of days.  We don't need a scarecrow here.  I'll compliment my mirror when it compliments me.  Disobedience Day is not to meant be an obervation of social or civil disobedience, but a day to learn about social and civil disobedience and the reasons for using it.

Today's quote is interesting.

We'll pass on the drink, wine and the meal.  We like fried rice, but I haven't made made it.  I loved the crab fried rice in the Tamarind.

We have not been to today's port.

@HAL Sailer  I enjoyed the story about the loan for Barry Gordy.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, have a safe trip.  I know you both will enjoy Maui.

Thank you to all who have posted such good memes today.

Lenda

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

Thank you for the lists to both Rich and Roy.

As for the days.  Well, since I live on a golf course I could only imagine the repercussions if I built a scarecrow! So that is out.  

I don’t think i could do much to compliment a mirror these days.

As for disobedience, I did enough of that in my younger days.  Don’t have enough energy for that any more.  Don’t like those that think it is their right to take matters into their own hands and act that way.

I like the quote.  

The meal is okay, but too many carbs.

Thanks to all for the suggestions on how to break up the flights so that we could get to Hawaii. Will take it under consideration.

We don’t have much planned for today.  

The sun is out and hopefully it won’t rain.  

Just planning a quiet day at home.

Take care everyone.

Prayers for all on the cares list and cheers to those celebrating.

Take care and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 31

From Happy 365 Days

Disobedience Day is observed on July 3 of every year. Disobedience Day is doubted to be an observation of civil or social disobedience as an act of protest. The day suggests people learn about civil disobedience and the reason for using it. Being very obedient may sometimes cause boredom as well curtail our creativity and liberty. Living by rules everywhere and being watched every time may result in frustration and a feel of being controlled. So take a break and let lose those rules. Step out a little to enjoy yourself, do things on your own, and feel the freedom that you always wanted. This day doesn’t encourage people to be utterly disobedient to their parents, teachers, government, or society, but little disobedience may help in refreshing oneself.

• Like 25